PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Dragon Corpse

Neopollian
2014-12-09, 06:01 PM
Good Evening GITP!

Long time creeper, finally made a profile.

I am playing a level 5 ranger in a War Campaign (low magic)

I have a red dragon corpse (medium size) that I am wanting to take everything from it that i possibly can. I have a survival skill of +11 and a Craft skill of +11 I am looking for rules/ideas on what I can take from this corpse. I am trying to go full native american, use everything that I possibly can.

Any help/direction would be helpful, Ive played for about 2 years but I have always bought things, and I would like to try my hand at craftin things in this campaign.

Respectfully,
Neopollian

atemu1234
2014-12-10, 08:06 AM
Take Dragoncrafter from Dragon Magazine (I believe it was #313?) and go from there.

dysprosium
2014-12-10, 10:02 AM
Draconomicon also has rules for using dragonhide and bones for armor and weapons.

IIRC a medium dragon does not provide a lot but should give something.

sktarq
2014-12-10, 02:29 PM
All of it-take all of it.

Remember just because it is not mechanically better to use a dragon sourced item doesn't mean it is not valuable. Mostly because sentient beings in RPG's are usually status conscious and having cape or party dress made from the wing membranes of red dragon may not be good mechanically it will make you the talk of the court. A gift of a coin pouch made from the scrotum of that red dragon (or the cheek or dwelap etc) makes an impression on your backer who is now more likely to give you good terms on the next quest. Dragon spine handled forks and knives at your dinner table will impress - and the nobles you could be selling them too will know that too. A sporty red leather jacket will impress the ladies at the tavern more than silk which will save you money on harlots. The meat-well you have enough for a good feast on your hands-assuming that a sage says that eating dragon flesh is not going to harm your health. This feast is a great way to get to know various important NPC's in the area. Use the lure of eating such a creature to make contacts.

Telok
2014-12-10, 03:31 PM
Harvest the spleen. Spleens produce bile.

ellindsey
2014-12-10, 03:36 PM
Harvest the spleen. Spleens produce bile.

Livers produce bile (and gall bladders store it). Spleens contain immune systems cells and filter the blood.

Milodiah
2014-12-10, 07:33 PM
I forget, is dragonfire in D&D magical or biological?

ellindsey
2014-12-10, 08:17 PM
It's (Su), so it's presumably magic, not biological.

Dragons, depending on which fluff you read, can digest nearly any substance. They can even digest gold, which implies the presence of some really remarkable acids in their digestive system. Whoever is doing the butchering had better know what they are doing lest they accidentally get their face melted off by spilled digestive juices. Presumably, once properly butchered and cleaned, the stomach and intestine linings could be used to make acid-proof gloves or an alchemist's smock or something similar.