PDA

View Full Version : Let's Explore a dungeon (Sortof)!

russdm
2014-12-09, 07:38 PM
So this is a dungeon (sort-of) exploration game for you playground-ers. We won't be using a specialized system, I have the dungeon area and everything since it is based on a module (sort-of), we can play. I have made some changes to this module, but you can buy the module yourself and play it, its really fun.

What you are here for is to provide the following:

Gender (this will be important)
Actions (Where should we explore/do/die horribly?)
Amusing commentary

What I am providing:

Character details (Information about ourselves)
A map of our dungeon and its extended features (That I found online somewhere)
General entertainment (hopefully we can make this very funny)
Snarkiness plus a running Journal based on what is happening.

Our person has been dubbed Ronin (If you can come up with a more fun sounding name, I may change it)

Ronin
Information:

Traits: None
Skills: None
Inventory: None
Special Abilities: None

Now, to start:

Map

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070304013927/starwars/images/6/6c/Per101.JPG

We start in the circle looking room in the upper left corner of the map. This is a room constructed out of metal and it has a 5 cylindrical tubes filled with liquid each holding a body. One of bodies starts moving and we end up outside the tube on the floor where a bunch of displays start lighting up. We woke up from hearing some creepy woman's voice in our head telling us to wake up.

So we are vulnerable and have no idea where we are or what is going on.

What shall we do next, Playground-ers?

Inevitability
2014-12-10, 02:40 AM
I'd love to join, but first a few things:

-I think the map should be bigger.

-Maybe this ought to be in the Message Board Games subforum?

Now that that's out of the way:

Ronin, investigate the screens.

GorinichSerpant
2014-12-10, 10:39 AM
If you want gender, I'll give a gender identity that is full of comedic possibility!

Gender = confused.

russdm
2014-12-10, 07:59 PM
I am not sure how to increase the map's size. As for moving this thread, I will leave that up to the mods. Gender will or may affect our interactions with others, so it would help.

Back to exploration,

The screens appear to display details about our health and status. We are a healthy human (Male/Female) and are around 30-ish in age. We are also dressed in underwear only and are wearing some shoes.

Beyond the entrance to this room lies what appears to be two more rooms, with one on each side of the hallway. The one on the right says "Morgue" on the door, with the one of the left side, saying "Medical Bay" on its door.

Ronin
Information:

Traits: Healthy

Map

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070304013927/starwars/images/6/6c/Per101.JPG

BaronDoctor
2014-12-12, 01:40 AM
Ronin, why don't we search the morgue? That's where they put the all-dead people, after all. And if they're all dead, the only thing they're good for is going through their pockets for loose change.

russdm
2014-12-12, 09:07 PM
It appears that the Morgue is locked, however we can open the door to the Medical Bay. Inside is a door along with a terminal and a container of sorts.

Ronin
Information:

Map

russdm
2014-12-30, 04:49 PM
Bumping this and wondering if people are still interested. If not, then I will discontinue it.

YossarianLives
2014-12-30, 08:18 PM
Ronin will look through the containers making sure to be sneaky and quiet so nobody hears him/her.

russdm
2014-12-30, 09:31 PM
The container has a couple of Med-pacs (healing items) and some vials (5) of blue liquid. We can use a Lab station to make objects with the vials like more medpacs and if we find some components then we can make grenades. (Yes, its weird, but its in the source material.

Ronin
Information:

Inventory: 2 Medpacs, 5 vials of blue liquid

Map

Jakodee
2015-01-03, 12:41 AM
Ronin searches the room for parts to make grenades, and the last room if none are found.

LokiRagnarok
2015-01-03, 10:30 AM
Ronin also looks for anything that may be used to gain entrance into the Morgue, such as (things that could be made into) lockpicks or blunt weapons to crash the door with.

Do we know anything about the time before we awoke here?

russdm
2015-01-09, 09:05 PM
We access the terminal:

Option 1) Access medical logs

Option 2) Open doors-to Morgue and a medical storage room

Option 3) Look at camera views, not helpful

Taking Option 2, that allows access to places we need to go.

Checking out the medical logs, so we figure out what's going on. 3 videos of a woman speaking...

Log 1) "...still examining the survivors of the damaged freighter - looks like it goes by the name of the Ebon Hawk." "Only one survivor, placed in the kolto tank for recovery. The carbon scoring on the vessel suggests it was in a battle, but no indication of who fired on it..." "Aside from the lone survivor, we recovered an old woman, no life signs. There was also a protocol droid and a utility droid on board - sent them both down to maintenance while security sorts through the other items on the ship."

Log 2) "...could be a Jedi, but we won't know for sure until we get the transmission back from the Republic. If the survivor is a Jedi, that would account for the recovery rate..."

Log 3) "There was a detonation in another of the fuel vents the droids were working in - we deactivated several of them and moved them down to maintenance, but we're still treating the plasma burns..." "WARNING: There has been a fuel detonation in the mining tunnels. Emergency Lockdown commencing. All personnel report to quarters and prepare for emergency venting countermeasures." "...no, if the ventilation systems are malfunctioning... Evacuate the medical bay! Everyone, evac-" [Holorecord ends in static.]

Also checked treatments, learning we had been heavily sedated. Unable to identify from where that request/instruction came.

We grab more goodies from the medical storage room, netting some extra medipacs and more chemicals. We can burn our chemicals at a lab station to make more medipacs. That's useful.

Dead bodies in the morgue, checking them out. One has a plasma torch. No response from the other, until a bit later when the body gets up and says something to us...

Dead body: "Find what you are looking for amongst the dead?"

Ronin
Information:

Inventory: 5 Medpacs, Plasma Torch

Map

The Grue
2015-01-09, 11:26 PM
Obviously zombie. Remove its head with the plasma cutter.

russdm
2015-01-16, 08:15 PM
This person appears to be talking to us and appears to be a woman. I don't think it would be polite to treat her like a zombie.

Ronin
Information:

Map

JNAProductions
2015-01-16, 09:03 PM
Ronin: Ignore the woman and attempt to determine own gender. If pressed for conversation, simply respond with "I know what you did," in the creepiest, most knowledgable voice possible and go back to former actions.

The Grue
2015-01-19, 01:54 AM
This person appears to be talking to us and appears to be a woman. I don't think it would be polite to treat her like a zombie.

You just said she was dead, and now suddenly she's sitting up and talking to us. Corpses don't just wake up and start a conversation.

I stand by my earlier suggestion. Talking corpses are pretty high on the "kill it with fire" list. Am I right, Playgrounders?

JNAProductions
2015-01-19, 01:56 AM
Maybe he meant metaphorically dead-like she considered herself to have died a long time ago, probably because she did something horrible, and her body still lives on anyway. Ronin here is just so Sensitive that xe could pick up on it at a glance.

The Grue
2015-01-19, 02:01 AM
Maybe he meant metaphorically dead-like she considered herself to have died a long time ago, probably because she did something horrible, and her body still lives on anyway. Ronin here is just so Sensitive that xe could pick up on it at a glance.

The individual was pretty clearly labelled "dead body" in the OP's earlier post. Said dead body sat up and started talking - nothing about that is normal, or acceptable, especially in what is looking like a survival-horror sort of dungeon-adventure.

JNAProductions
2015-01-19, 02:03 AM
Actually, he probably should've responded by now. It's been a few days, and it's not like he's run out of story or action in the "module" this is based on.

russdm
2015-01-19, 03:18 PM
The individual was pretty clearly labelled "dead body" in the OP's earlier post. Said dead body sat up and started talking - nothing about that is normal, or acceptable, especially in what is looking like a survival-horror sort of dungeon-adventure.

Hey, its how the game (this is all actually from a game, which I am tweaking) treats her. She is one of the bodies in the morgue and she doesn't do anything until you pick up the plasma torch and then she gets up and talks to you. To be honest, it is pretty creepy.

But, to be fun, we have our conversation as follows)

Us: "I thought you were dead."

Not-so-dead body (Referred to as Kreia for ease): "Close to death, yes. Closer than I'd like. You have the smell of the kolto tank about you...how do you feel?"

Us: "The kolto tank left me a little drained...who are you?"

Kreia: "I am Kreia, and I am your rescuer - as you are mine. Tell me - do you recall what happened?"

Us: "Last I remember, I was on board a Republic ship, the Harbinger...what happened to it?"

Kreia: "Your ship was attacked, and it is no more. You were the only survivor...a result of your Jedi training, no doubt."

Us: "I am no longer a member of the Jedi Order."

Kreia: "Your stance, your walk tells me you are a Jedi. Your walk is heavy, you carry something that weighs you down."

Us: "The Jedi Order and I have a... troubled history."

Kreia: "So it would seem. Keep your past - and let us focus on the now."

Us: "What is this place? How did we get here?"

Kreia: "The ship we arrived in must still be in this place. We should recover it and leave. We were attacked once, and I fear our attackers will not give up the hunt so easily - without transport, weapons, and information, they will find us easy prey indeed."

Us: "We'll see. There's got to be someone left alive around here."

Kreia: "You may wish to extend your search to some clothes...if only for proper first impressions."

Us: "I will return soon to make sure you alright."

Ronin
Information:

Map

The Grue
2015-01-19, 05:38 PM
Why don't you tell us? SInce you just discarded audience input to make your own decisions, it seems like you really don't need the Playground to decide anything.

russdm
2015-01-20, 12:53 AM
You are upset because I didn't kill the woman? Does anybody else want me to remove interaction with her/kill her or remove the option to speak with her? Would that be better?

JNAProductions
2015-01-26, 04:20 PM
She is kind of amoral at best, and has a lot of blood on her hands. Besides, if I want to play KOTOR II, I'll play KOTOR II. If I want to mess around in new and fun ways in the KOTOR II setting, I'll come here. Or at least I should be able to.

In other words...

Off with her head!

YossarianLives
2015-01-26, 06:25 PM
Yeah! Rosin will chop off the woman's head with the plasma cutter.

goto124
2015-01-26, 07:14 PM
Can the woman still speak when her head's severed?

'Why did you do this to me?'
'OH GOD A TALKING HEAD!'
'Please give me a little bit of time to deliver my story dammit! I'm only mostly dead!'
'How about this- tell me where to go next, before I tape your mouth up?'

russdm
2015-01-26, 08:38 PM
So Ronin listens to the weird voices in Hir (no gender picked yet) head and cuts the woman's head off. Then ties it her waist, somehow. Then onward to exploration!

Meanwhile, Kreia is chewing Ronin out, but hey whatever.

We leave the medical bay by attacking a door with our plasma torch and find a body from whom we pick up a vibroblade. Then we set about being attacked by mining droids, bloody droids!

After clearing a path through, we make it a room with a terminal and some lockers. Before that though, we can feel something presence of something, an heightened awareness that helps dodge a droid attack.

Kreia calls it "The Force" and we sense it. We can use it and we need to figure out how.

What path should we pursue?

A) Path of a Jedi Guardian, wielding a lightsaber/weapons and the Force with a focus on combat?

B) Path of a Jedi Sentinel, wielding a lightsaber/weapons and the Force with a focus on stealthy strikes and sneaky behavior?

C) Path of a Jedi Consuler, wielding a lightsaber/weapons, but using the power of the Force to crush our enemies?

D) Use the Force for our own amusement while trying to either torment everyone we meet or be somewhat decent but more self interested?

Choose, as this will change further gameplay...

(Also, gender still undetermined)

Ronin
Information:

Traits: Healthy, Semi-Insane Voices (Only Semi because nobody has suggested anything really out there)
Skills: Force Ability
Inventory: 5 Medpacs, Vibroblade, Plasma Torch, A talking Severed head

Map

JNAProductions
2015-01-26, 08:47 PM
Ronin: Determine how to become a Force-Microkineticist, using the Force to operate on a scale of atoms and molecules with absolute precision. Also, say out loud how crazy the talking head is and how xe seems quite sane in comparison.

goto124
2015-01-26, 08:49 PM
If Jedi means paladin, it's most likely a bad idea for a thread like this. With strangers jumping in to the game, and we probably don't want to argue with Russ and everyone else over having to follow some moral code. Evidence: Every 'what should my Paladin do' thread.

D please! I guess poster above me counts as D.

russdm
2015-01-26, 09:25 PM
If Jedi means paladin, it's most likely a bad idea for a thread like this. With strangers jumping in to the game, and we probably don't want to argue with Russ and everyone else over having to follow some moral code. Evidence: Every 'what should my Paladin do' thread.

D please! I guess poster above me counts as D.

Any code will based around a few ideas at most and me being me, we may end up doing some things pragmatically but not exactly jedi like, like perhaps murder. My Jedi characters frequently turn into helping Knight Templer well intentioned extremist types for some reason.

So two votes for D, though the paths are more where we will focus our force power training and use, not morals. Morals will be pretty open aside from once or twice where it matters. Beyond that, we can be rather jerkish and still work.

JNAProductions
2015-01-26, 09:35 PM
Goto, you got any issues with focusing on microkinesis? It's well within the bounds of D and canon.

goto124
2015-01-26, 09:37 PM
No problem with microkinesis, actually :D

russdm
2015-02-24, 01:30 AM
We will get started on the Microkinesis bit after we have some test subjects (Kreia's head doesn't cut it) beyond droids. We do learn some powers from messing with the droids and Kreia...Stun and Disable Droid

Our Journey continues as Kreia lets us know about a guy stuck in a force-cage (Technically it's a force field cage).

Ronin
Information:

Traits: Healthy, Semi-Insane Voices (Only Semi because nobody has suggested anything really out there), Semi-Insane
Skills: Force Ability
Inventory: 5 Medpacs, Vibroblade, Plasma Torch, A talking Severed head
Special Abilities: Stun (Knocks out/stuns targets), Disable Droids (disables droids)

Map

goto124
2015-02-24, 03:26 AM
I ask Kreia if I want the guy inside or outside the cage, and why. If outside, I ask where he is, how to get him out of it, what dangers I must face along the way, and if he's going to be of any help afterwards.

JNAProductions
2015-02-24, 07:54 AM
Ronin: While listening to Kreia, examine both the cage mechanisms and the man inside for potential microkinesis practice.

goto124
2015-02-24, 08:14 AM
Which would require getting to the cage first. Assuming we know how to even go there, there might be locked doors/traps/guard droids/human guards along the way.

Disable Droid on the droids, Stun on the humans (because Tabletop alignment treats guard-killing as Evil, apparentally).

JNAProductions
2015-02-24, 08:18 AM
Disable "Droid" (It should affect anything mechanical, right? Or at least anything computerized, and I'm willing to bet any advanced sci-fi weapons are computerized to some degree) on the locked-up guy's equipment too. No sense taking chances, no matter what the talking head says.

We're crazy, not stupid.

goto124
2015-02-24, 08:26 AM
Wouldn't a prisoner have all his items confiscated anyway?

Even if he managed to smuggle a few things, if we're rescuing him, he could be helpful. Disabling the stuff on him might be disadvantagous to us, since he could've used them to help.

And IMHO Disable Droid disables only... droids. Maybe even only certain types of droids. It would be overpowered otherwise.

JNAProductions
2015-02-24, 08:27 AM
I'm a suspicious nerf-herder, but I agree with you, Goto. Leave the man his smuggled goods intact.

russdm
2015-02-24, 05:11 PM
Need Gender still since it will play a part some. Only accepting votes for either male or female.

JNAProductions
2015-02-24, 05:12 PM
Inclusive or exclusive "or" in this case?

russdm
2015-02-24, 05:23 PM
We can use the following:

or

There are no other accepted options.

JNAProductions
2015-02-24, 05:25 PM
Exclusive, okay. One vote for Gender: Female.

goto124
2015-02-24, 09:00 PM
Are we voting on the sex/gender of the Ronin or the guy in the cage?

If Ronin, Female. *goes off to find a suitable image*

JNAProductions
2015-02-24, 09:01 PM
I vote for this to be Ronin:

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/271/5/d/rule_63_markiplier_by_deadite_i_iz_1-d6oax23.jpg

goto124
2015-02-24, 09:07 PM
From a quick Google search:

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs36/i/2008/269/a/9/RONIN_SWORDSMAN_by_nelson808.jpg

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs41/i/2009/053/c/a/OMI_SAN_IMPERIAL_GUARD_by_nelson808.jpg

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/313/0/6/ronin_wraith_z_by_benedickbana-d6to8fz.jpg

http://coolvibe.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Sci-Fi-Art-Victor-Adame-Ronin-992x1413.jpg

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/125/c/0/the_agents___assassin_by_adriandadich-d7h9atm.jpg

JNAProductions
2015-02-24, 09:10 PM
Standard female fantasy armor. Blech.

My policy is that if women are going to be wearing chainmail bikinis, men are to be in chainmail speedos and open vests.

So is Atticus Finch (so I have named caged dude) in a speedo and open vest? Because if so, I vote for the last image to be Ronin.

goto124
2015-02-24, 09:20 PM
I included proper armor too!

I support the sexy female+male combination though. Once we know more about WhatsThatCagedGuysName Finch, we could look for bare-chested pics of him.

JNAProductions
2015-02-24, 09:21 PM
You asked?

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/258/d/f/atton_rand_unveiled_by_celticwolfwalker-d5es4fz.jpg

Edit: Winchesters included for hotness.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/a3/11/01/a31101e957bbd146d3e7376eceebbcf2.jpg

goto124
2015-02-24, 09:23 PM
Well... he doesn't look sci-fi... not quite fitting the setting.

I found this wonderful image:

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/022/f/5/project_cool_story__ronin_by_muju-d5sbhf3.jpg

To be fair though, you don't have to bare skin to be sexy. Try these ladies for Ronin, whose worst crime is boobplate (which is better than leaving parts of your body uncovered):

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs49/f/2009/161/0/a/scifi_samurai_by_in_house.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_fTCKSoO_rE/T5OAjl5D6iI/AAAAAAAAFBs/YzT3gB2HhmE/s1600/female+sci+fi+fantasy+armor+concept+design+warrior +ninja+samurai+redhead+exo-suit+gears+of+war+character+front+back+thai+power+ suit+space+ghost+specter+spectre+suit+by+gotgituey .jpg
http://artfiles.alphacoders.com/544/5441.png

Not very ronin, but I feel that's what Ronin actually is like anyway.

JNAProductions
2015-02-24, 09:27 PM
The first pic is actually a model of our guy, just stripped to his skivvies. He's basically the Han Solo expy, though with enough added to be interesting.

I vote for your interpretation though. No sense playing through the same game again, so let's go wild. Turn HK-47 into ED-209.

goto124
2015-03-03, 07:50 PM
I found an image from the Dreamboats thread:

http://41.media.tumblr.com/7ae1c78bbe3f385cc10468593a403d15/tumblr_njmjgnZ2tr1rfyiu4o1_1280.jpg

Also, what's the timeline of this thing?

russdm
2015-03-26, 02:07 PM
It's Star Wars, and something like close to 4,000 years before the Battle of Yavin.

Timeline for this: Make it out of this wretched dungeon, then do some exploring of places with different concerns then in game. Plus I am changing up HK-50's motivations, and playing with the bounty on our heads.

Plus other fun changes, especially to our friend Darth Sion

JNAProductions
2015-03-26, 02:13 PM
Well, a bit under 4000, since 4000 is right at the time of Revan. Anyway-

Ronin: Strike up a conversation with the man inside the cage. Say "I've got a severed talking head and I'm not afraid to use it! What about you?"

russdm
2015-05-08, 10:45 PM
Discontinuing this. Has been over a month.

Sorry.