PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder spellbook

praetor156
2014-12-09, 08:31 PM
What spells do I need to have as a 7th level wizard. Only pathfinder books allowed

Meth In a Mine
2014-12-09, 11:43 PM
Greater Teleport is amazing, go ANYWHERE IN THE CAMPAIGN SETTING with a single spell.

Summon Monster VII gives access to Vrocks, Bebiliths, and T-Rexes. Nasty.

Greater Arcane Sight offers knowledge of all spells in sight. Very useful.

Projected Image is great because it's an illusion that circumvents line of effect limitations.

Waves of Exhaustion is good because it allows no saw and is a rebuff aoe.

Reverse Gravity reverses gravity for Pete's sake.

Kane0
2014-12-10, 05:45 AM
Off the top of my head:

Infernal Healing (In scroll form)
Grease
Mage Armor
Magic Missile
Charm Person
Enlarge Person

Resist Energy
Create Pit
Glitterdust
Stone Call/Web
Invisibility
Shatter
Mirror Image
Bulls Strength/Cats Grace/Bears Endurance
Knock

Dispel Magic
Seek thoughts
Hold person
Suggestion
Major image
Fly
Haste
Fireball

Black Tentacles
Dimension Door
Solid Fog
Scrying
Confusion
Resilient Sphere
Animate Dead
Enervation
Wall of Fire

Dezea
2014-12-10, 07:29 AM
Off the top of my head:

Infernal Healing (In scroll form)
Grease
Mage Armor
Magic Missile
Charm Person
Enlarge Person

Resist Energy
Create Pit
Glitterdust
Stone Call/Web
Invisibility
Shatter
Mirror Image
Bulls Strength/Cats Grace/Bears Endurance
Knock

Dispel Magic
Seek thoughts
Hold person
Suggestion
Major image
Fly
Haste
Fireball

Black Tentacles
Dimension Door
Solid Fog
Scrying
Confusion
Resilient Sphere
Animate Dead
Enervation
Wall of Fire

I'll probably add slow, rope trick, displacement and maybe shield. But the list above is really solid

Amphetryon
2014-12-10, 07:47 AM
Greater Teleport is amazing, go ANYWHERE IN THE CAMPAIGN SETTING with a single spell.

Summon Monster VII gives access to Vrocks, Bebiliths, and T-Rexes. Nasty.

Greater Arcane Sight offers knowledge of all spells in sight. Very useful.

Projected Image is great because it's an illusion that circumvents line of effect limitations.

Waves of Exhaustion is good because it allows no saw and is a rebuff aoe.

Reverse Gravity reverses gravity for Pete's sake.

How are you getting those spells as a 7th level Wizard?

Psyren
2014-12-10, 09:04 AM
I think he read the OP as "What 7th level spells do I need as a wizard" instead of what it actually said.

EDIT:

I'll probably add slow, rope trick, displacement and maybe shield. But the list above is really solid

I'll add Emergency Force Sphere (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/e/emergency-force-sphere)

Dezea
2014-12-10, 11:46 AM
I think he read the OP as "What 7th level spells do I need as a wizard" instead of what it actually said.

EDIT:

I'll add Emergency Force Sphere (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/e/emergency-force-sphere)

Don't do that. Or expect to be hit with a book in the head. And not a spellbook ; O

(Thanks for making me discover the spells tho ; <)

skypse
2014-12-10, 12:54 PM
Add in Bestow Curse (save or suck), Marionette Possession (circumstantial but still a good pick for a 3rd), Mad Monkeys, Spectral Hand, Touch of Idiocy.

Amphetryon
2014-12-10, 01:04 PM
Add in Bestow Curse (save or suck), Marionette Possession (circumstantial but still a good pick for a 3rd), Mad Monkeys, Spectral Hand, Touch of Idiocy.

Mad Monkeys gets high marks from my regular group for being a BFC spell with the ability to steal the items of the enemy. . . and for being a hilarious mental image.

skypse
2014-12-10, 01:15 PM
Imho it is much better than any other "summon" spell of its level, can grant nice control and its RP potential is awesome! Imagine creating chaos inside an inn or a military facility by having hundreds of freakishly annoying monkeys screeching, jumping around and trying to steal stuff from other people while you go completely unnoticed. After a little time, the monkeys dissapear and all the stuff just drop to the floor (or any other cool spot that the monkeys went after grabbing something) and the owners looking for their possessions :D

Psyren
2014-12-10, 01:38 PM
Indeed, it's fun both for its combat utility and for the effect it has on the table :smallbiggrin:

Like Stinking Cloud, but somehow even less mature.

praetor156
2014-12-10, 04:40 PM
thanks for this information. I really like the image of a bunch of monkey hi-jinks that it will cause around the table seems my fourth level spells are the only ones i don't have all of them on my list