PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder flowing monk or master of many styles into lore warden??

animewatcha
2014-12-09, 11:25 PM
Paizo-only sources.

I have seen several people mention lore warden X as tripping and disarming type build. It would it be better with Master of many styles ( panther and some of style, I think it was mantis that did AoO if person missed you ) or do flowing monk 3 for the Adjacent enemy AC bonus into lore warden??

Assuming 25 point buy what would stat spread be like? Good items/feats for this besides a +X dueling??

I am tossed up between human for the bonus feat and dwarf with the +2 save versus spells since I do rolling badly sometimes on saves.

Elricaltovilla
2014-12-10, 12:05 AM
You can actually get pretty decent at ALL combat maneuvers by single classing fighter and using Lorewarden in combination with the Martial Master (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/fighter/archetypes/paizo---fighter-archetypes/martial-master) archetype. You can pick your favorite combat maneuvers to have as permanent feats, then use your Martial Flexibility to pick up any others you want to use.

You end up trading away Armor Training, Armor Mastery, Bravery, Weapon Training and Weapon Mastery, and Proficiency with medium and heavy armor.

Stat wise focus on DEX, CON and 13 INT for Combat Expertise (stupid feat taxes). Grab yourself a whip (and the agile enchantment for Dex to damage), and use the Whip Mastery (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/whip-mastery-combat) line of feats to turn yourself into a 15 ft zone of lockdown, death and misery.

I usually recommend Human for the extra skill point and bonus feat.

RF1- Weapon Finesse
BF1- Weapon Focus (whip)
1- Combat Expertise
BF2- Whip Mastery
3- Agile Maneuvers
BF4- Improved Combat Maneuver (I recommend Dirty Trick or Trip)
5- Improved Whip Mastery
BF6- Combat Reflexes/ Greater Combat Maneuver
7- Whatever you didn't take from 6th
BF8- Combat Reflexes

Beyond that you can take pretty much anything you really want. Dazzling Display offers some good debuffing, and with Disheartening Display you can make shaken foes frightened. Lunge is really good as it increases your reach even further. With a 10-15 ft threatened area, you could make really good use of Cleave and Great Cleave to hit a huge group of enemies with your combat maneuvers. Stand Still and the Step Up line of feats help you lock down enemies you can't trip. Barroom Brawler is a good choice as it nets you an extra use of Martial Flexibility.

Use your Martial Flexibility to pick up extra feats as you need them. Lots of flying enemies? Grab some ranged feats for the encounter. Need to Grapple? Improved and Greater Grapple are yours for the picking. Want to wield two whips? Two Weapon fighting and friends say hi. Its limited uses per day, and doesn't last as long as it should, but Martial Flexibility almost makes fighters worth playing :smalltongue:

Secret Wizard
2014-12-10, 12:56 AM
Agreed with the guy above.

Btw, Mantis Style is meant for using Stunning Fist. Panther Style is built around provoking attacks of opportunity and retaliation.
The best maneuver styles are Grabbing Style (for, well grabbing but also repositioning); Pummeling Style (Pummeling Bully is the winner here); Wolf Style (for trippin'); Janni Style (for bull rushing?)... there's no style specially made for disarming.

Psyren
2014-12-10, 10:11 AM
Panther Style + Flowing Monk gives you 2 retaliatory attacks if someone AoOs you for moving through their threatened area. Both can be trip attempts.

Panther Claw then lets you retaliate every time someone tries to AoO you.

Captain Morgan
2014-12-10, 06:51 PM
You can actually get pretty decent at ALL combat maneuvers by single classing fighter and using Lorewarden in combination with the Martial Master (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/fighter/archetypes/paizo---fighter-archetypes/martial-master) archetype. You can pick your favorite combat maneuvers to have as permanent feats, then use your Martial Flexibility to pick up any others you want to use.

You end up trading away Armor Training, Armor Mastery, Bravery, Weapon Training and Weapon Mastery, and Proficiency with medium and heavy armor.

Stat wise focus on DEX, CON and 13 INT for Combat Expertise (stupid feat taxes). Grab yourself a whip (and the agile enchantment for Dex to damage), and use the Whip Mastery (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/whip-mastery-combat) line of feats to turn yourself into a 15 ft zone of lockdown, death and misery.

I usually recommend Human for the extra skill point and bonus feat.

RF1- Weapon Finesse
BF1- Weapon Focus (whip)
1- Combat Expertise
BF2- Whip Mastery
3- Agile Maneuvers
BF4- Improved Combat Maneuver (I recommend Dirty Trick or Trip)
5- Improved Whip Mastery
BF6- Combat Reflexes/ Greater Combat Maneuver
7- Whatever you didn't take from 6th
BF8- Combat Reflexes

Beyond that you can take pretty much anything you really want. Dazzling Display offers some good debuffing, and with Disheartening Display you can make shaken foes frightened. Lunge is really good as it increases your reach even further. With a 10-15 ft threatened area, you could make really good use of Cleave and Great Cleave to hit a huge group of enemies with your combat maneuvers. Stand Still and the Step Up line of feats help you lock down enemies you can't trip. Barroom Brawler is a good choice as it nets you an extra use of Martial Flexibility.

Use your Martial Flexibility to pick up extra feats as you need them. Lots of flying enemies? Grab some ranged feats for the encounter. Need to Grapple? Improved and Greater Grapple are yours for the picking. Want to wield two whips? Two Weapon fighting and friends say hi. Its limited uses per day, and doesn't last as long as it should, but Martial Flexibility almost makes fighters worth playing :smalltongue:

Doing this with a dip in the Maneuver Master monk archetype is worth considering. You're BAB will take a hit, but you can nab a free maneuver tacked onto your full attack, a boost to saves, evasion, and a few other sweet goodies.