View Full Version : Efreeti Bottle Question

RoboEmperor
2014-12-10, 12:52 AM
I played a psvita game a while back that was a side-scrolling fighting game. In one of the levels you get a genie lamp and basically once you summon the genie in combat, he just wreaks total havoc with some spell.

So I was wondering, can efreetis inside efreeti bottles use wish in combat? I know that you have a 10% chance of them granting you 3 wishes, but I'm not after that. I want to summon the efreeti to fight alongside me and cast 3 level 8 spells to help me out in an encounter.

And would the DM impale your face on his DMG if I try to use efreeti bottles?

Kelb_Panthera
2014-12-10, 01:03 AM
I played a psvita game a while back that was a side-scrolling fighting game. In one of the levels you get a genie lamp and basically once you summon the genie in combat, he just wreaks total havoc with some spell.

So I was wondering, can efreetis inside efreeti bottles use wish in combat? I know that you have a 10% chance of them granting you 3 wishes, but I'm not after that. I want to summon the efreeti to fight alongside me and cast 3 level 8 spells to help me out in an encounter.

And would the DM impale your face on his DMG if I try to use efreeti bottles?

The description of the bottle strongly implies that the efreeti within will -only- use its wish SLA if you roll that 10% chance that day and then he's free from your control forever. I wouldn't expect any different. As for the DM thing, if you're willing to blow 145,000gp on a "maybe" then I don't see a problem until that 10% chance actually occurs. At that point it's really a question of trust between you and your DM.

Do be aware that, since it's being cast by the efreeti rather than you, that the wishes you get may be twisted from your intent.

RoboEmperor
2014-12-10, 01:05 AM
I just want the efreeti to use the wish himself in combat using his own judgment. Guess I should've been more clear on that XD. Like a well time sunburst or polar ray or something.

Kelb_Panthera
2014-12-10, 01:09 AM
I just want the efreeti to use the wish himself in combat using his own judgment. Guess I should've been more clear on that XD. Like a well time sunburst or polar ray or something.

He can't. Efreeti are expressly forbidden from using their wish SLA for themselves or others of their kind.

RoboEmperor
2014-12-10, 01:21 AM
He can't. Efreeti are expressly forbidden from using their wish SLA for themselves or others of their kind.

Well, the RAW is "grant up to three wishes (to nongenies only)", so casting an offensive blasting spell on enemies should be allowed right?

Ah well, I guess I'm pushing it too much.