PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder NPC-to-PC campaign character: The Gravedigger (ideas and advice requested!)

Secret Wizard
2014-12-10, 02:07 AM
So I'm starting an NPC-to-PC campaign, open world and what not. I have never made an NPC character, so I was looking for some thoughts and what not.

Here's the things I'm pondering:

- I was thinking of going Dirge Bard after we get to PC classes. It fits the concept really well and it wouldn't be a bad fit for the character.
- If I go Dirge Bard, I get access to necromancy spells. I'm not a fan of summons, but I like the idea of combining Orc Ferocity with False Life, Healing Thief and the like. Perhaps I could also get spells like Interrogate, since I can use mind-affecting spells on undead. That could be fun to grill dead people, right? Any other cool ideas for Dirge Bard?
- Since I have high CON, I could take Necromantic Affinity and the Inflict Spells? That way I could heal myself as well as kill enemies with a single spell, while saving my mind-affecting spells for undead/living.
- I was browsing for early entry necromancy spells: Sentry Skull is thematic, any others?
- Level 4, without a doubt, will mean I use my attribute pip on Int to get another skill. Talking of which, should I forgo all the STR/DEX skills? I'll likely wear a shield and a chain shirt for a good AC, that likely means huge penalties to STR/DEX skills.
- Any other things I might be missing? I liked Additional Traits as a first feat to get the Shovel-related traits (that become +3 to hit with Shovels, not bad). The Almost Human trait is something the DM wants.
- I'm gonna try to convince him to give me Scavenger instead of Intimidating, he seems to be against alt racial traits. If I can get him into it, of course I'd like to change Wep Familiarity for City-Raised... should I change Orc Ferocity too?
- Any other ideas appreciated!

Peachsummers
Male Half-Orc expert 2
None Medium humanoid (orc, human)
Init +2, Senses darkvision (60 ft.); Perception +5
=================================================
DEFENSE
AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +2 Dex, )
hp 18 ((2d8)+6)
Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee shovel +8 (1d6+4)

STATISTICS
Str 18, Dex 14, Con 17, Int 11, Wis 11, Cha 17,
Base Atk +1; CMB +5; CMD 17
Feats Additional Traits, Armor Proficiency, Light, Simple Weapon Proficiency
Skills Diplomacy +8, Disguise +8, Escape Artist +5, Perception +5, Perform (Keyboard Instruments) +5, Profession (Undertaker) +5
Traits Almost Human, Magical Knack (Bard), Rough and Ready (Shovel), Surprise Weapon
Languages Common, Orc
SQ darkvision, orc blood, orc ferocity, scavenger, weapon familiarity,
Combat Gear
Other Gear shovel, chain shirt, 0.0 gp
SPECIAL ABILITIES
Almost Human You gain a + 4 trait bonus on Disguise checks to pass as human, and Disguise is always a class skill for you.

Darkvision (Ex) Range 60 ft.; Darkvision is the extraordinary ability to see with no light source at all, out to a range specified for the creature. Darkvision is black and white only (colors cannot be discerned). It does not allow characters to see anything that they could not see otherwise-invisible objects are still invisible, and illusions are still visible as what they seem to be. Likewise, darkvision subjects a creature to gaze attacks normally. The presence of light does not spoil darkvision.

Magical Knack (Bard) You were raised, either wholly or in part, by a magical creature, either after it found you abandoned in the woods or because your parents often left you in the care of a magical minion. This constant exposure to magic has made its mysteries easy for you to understand, even when you turn your mind to other devotions and tasks.

Orc Blood (Ex) Half-orc count as both humans and orcs for any effect related to race.

Orc Ferocity (Ex) Once per day, when a half-orc is brought below 0 hit points, but not killed, he can fight on for one more round as if disabled. At the end of his next turn, unless brought to above 0 hit points, he immediately falls unconscious and begins dying.

Rough and Ready When you use a tool of your trade (requiring at least 1 rank in the appropriate Craft or Profession skill) as a weapon, you do not take the improvised weapon penalty and instead receive a +1 trait bonus on your attack. This trait is commonly used with shovels, picks, blacksmith hammers, and other sturdy tools — lutes and brooms make terribly fragile weapons.

Scavenger Some half-orcs eke out a leaving picking over the garbage heaps of society, and must learn to separate rare finds from the inevitable dross. Half-orcs with this racial trait receive a +2 racial bonus on Appraise checks and on Perception checks to find hidden objects (including traps and secret doors), determine if food is spoiled, or identify a potion by taste. This racial trait replaces the intimidating racial trait.

Surprise Weapon You gain a +2 trait bonus on attack rolls with improvised weapons.

Weapon Familiarity (Ex) Half-orcs are proficient with greataxes and falchions, and treat any weapon with the word "orc" in its name as a martial weapon.

Hazrond
2014-12-10, 04:11 AM
im sorry, but what is an NPC-to-PC campaign? i have never heard of one of those before. :smallconfused:

With a box
2014-12-10, 05:49 AM
im sorry, but what is an NPC-to-PC campaign? i have never heard of one of those before. :smallconfused:

I think they start use NPC class and they can multclass PC class after few levels in NPC class

Secret Wizard
2014-12-10, 06:46 AM
Yep, sort of like zero-to-hero mode.