PDA

View Full Version : RAW-enforced low op campaign. is that possible?

With a box
2014-12-10, 02:53 AM
I want to make a silly one shot campaign or it. but is it possible? wouldn't it unplayablely broken?

Kraken
2014-12-10, 02:59 AM
Step 1: Summon Pazazu
Step 2: Use his wish for a candle of invocation
Step 3: You now have a candle of invocation, which is functionally a source of infinite wishes when used correctly (if you're a kobold, this is how you become Pun-Pun at level 1, if you're not a kobold, you merely have unlimied wishes)

JusticeZero
2014-12-10, 03:05 AM
I'm not sure I understand the question. What part is silly and why low op?

With a box
2014-12-10, 03:16 AM
I'm not sure I understand the question. What part is silly and why low op?

For laugh at RAW silliness and low op is for not shatter world too quickly

JusticeZero
2014-12-10, 03:26 AM
I f you want. I've seen a game system that literally did that, and played it seriously; the system book would have been a good physics text there, and hp was literally "How much of a beating you can take before your soul gives up on animating you", with no real internal organs as far as the system was concerned. This was done completely deadpan and nobody considered it odd.

Kelb_Panthera
2014-12-10, 03:28 AM
Not only possible but fairly common.

Optimization does rely on the rules being enforced as they're written but the game in general expects this to be the case. How much an individual player optimizes is a matter of skill and personal choice.

Simply asking those in your group who have the skill to optimize heavily to make low-op characters should be more than sufficient.

Unless you mean enforcing the truly stupid stuff like drown healing?