PDA

View Full Version : no con and wis boosting items?

Draak_Grafula
2007-03-27, 05:36 PM
I was quickly browsing the DMG and for all stats there are wonderous items that increase those stats except for con and wis. "belt giant of strength", "cloak of charisma", "gloves of dexterity" and "headband of intelect".
Am i overlooking something or is there a good game-balance reason for not listing "kneepads of wisdom" and "noserings of constitution"?

thanks, DG

asqwasqw
2007-03-27, 05:38 PM
There is a wisdom item, Periapt of Wisdom. Not sure about con. Yes there is. Amulet of Health.

Khantalas
2007-03-27, 05:38 PM
Periapt of Wisdom and Amulet of Health, for Wisdom and Constitution, respectively.

Innis Cabal
2007-03-27, 05:39 PM
peripat of wisdom and amulet of health

daggaz
2007-03-27, 05:41 PM
Three times for the win: Periapt of wisdom and Amulet of health. Note that they are worn in the same slot, so you have to choose.

LotharBot
2007-03-28, 02:28 PM
you can also get an ioun stone of +2 to any attribute. They don't stack with the items already listed (same type of bonus) but if you want both con and wis, you can get one item up to +6 and an ioun stone for +2 to the other stat.

I've heard some people say you can have as many ioun stones as you want, because they orbit around your head. I've heard others say that, regardless of how many you can have in orbit, you can only have one active because the body can only accept one magic aura in the "head" slot. I personally go with the second rule, but check with your DM.

I_Got_This_Name
2007-03-28, 04:18 PM
Ioun Stones are priced as unslotted items (+2 to a stat costs 8,000, instead of 4,000), and spell out that you can wear multiple at a time, without saying that they interfere with eachother. Therefore, you can stack as many as you want so long as they don't provide like bonuses.

Kaerou
2007-03-28, 04:40 PM
Unfortunately, amulet is a badly contested slot. Those stats clash with Natural AC bonus.

I wouldnt have any problem with making 'headbands of insight' for wisdom and 'bracers of health' for constitution.

Fax Celestis
2007-03-28, 04:43 PM
I wouldnt have any problem with making 'headbands of insight' for wisdom and 'bracers of health' for constitution.

I'd actually go with goggles of insight and belt of vitality, myself.

martyboy74
2007-03-28, 04:43 PM
However, you could probably ask your DM move them to a more thematically appropriate spot. Perhaps a shirt for constitution?

\/ Of course, then you've go conflict between Int and Wis. Not good.

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2007-03-28, 04:46 PM
Headbands for Wis and Shirts for Con are also appropriate slots.

Zherog
2007-03-28, 05:10 PM
If you're willing to pay a bit extra, you can put both "items" in the same slot. The rules cover making an "amulet of good health and wisdom" or whatever you would want to call it.

And on the ioun stone thing: there's no limit to how many you can have.

Lord Tataraus
2007-03-28, 05:23 PM
Personally, I (as a DM) allow the players to get items of +x of y in any slot. I don't think some of the locations of some of the magic items, I think Codpiece of Natural Armor seems more realistic than an amulet (or Codpiece of AC +8 for that matter).

martyboy74
2007-03-28, 05:27 PM
Personally, I (as a DM) allow the players to get items of +x of y in any slot. I don't think some of the locations of some of the magic items, I think Codpiece of Natural Armor seems more realistic than an amulet (or Codpiece of AC +8 for that matter).
So, when did you go revise your DMs Guide? You realize that at least a quarter of the items now have different prices?

\/ A lot of items (such as, say, the Amulet of Might Fists) are priced for being inappropriately slotted items, and would therefore become cheaper than stated in the book.

Zherog
2007-03-28, 05:28 PM
How do you figure? He has a houserule that allows stat boosters to be placed in any slot, without increasing the cost.

Gavis
2007-03-28, 05:51 PM
Three times for the win: Periapt of wisdom and Amulet of health. Note that they are worn in the same slot, so you have to choose.

Either one of these items can be moved to a different slot so long as it still is near the key body part (i.e. move the amulet of con to the belt or the bracers) for an aditional 50% to the price. also if you read the behind the curtain: creating magic items portion of the DMG it states that you can add an additional stat increase for a different stat by adding the price of the second stat increase + 50% to the cost of the original item (EX. necklace of con/wis = (wis bonus^2 x 1000) + (con bonus^2 x 1000 x 1.5) )

kamikasei
2007-03-28, 07:08 PM
If you're willing to pay a bit extra, you can put both "items" in the same slot. The rules cover making an "amulet of good health and wisdom" or whatever you would want to call it.

"Amulet of Sound Mind and Body"?