PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Does the Form of Doom Psionic power work with Claws of the Beast?

Dunsparce
2014-12-10, 10:31 AM
There seems to be conflicting descriptions in the powers, Form of Doom Implies that you can use claws of the beast with it, while the description of claws of the beast itself says that you can't use it if you use other attacks. I'm really confused about the whole thing.

Which power description takes precedence over the other?

Rubik
2014-12-10, 10:39 AM
There seems to be conflicting descriptions in the powers, Form of Doom Implies that you can use claws of the beast with it, while the description of claws of the beast itself says that you can't use it if you use other attacks. I'm really confused about the whole thing.

Which power description takes precedence over the other?I'd say that the writer of Claws of the Beast didn't know how natural attacks work, or that the intent of the power was changed prior to publication but that line, which should've been excised, wasn't, since it says the claws work just like any other natural attack, and that the text regarding losing all claw attacks if you make any other attack is a mistake.

As it is, you'll have to clarify with your DM.