PDA

View Full Version : Speculation: Three Hinjos? (may contain nuts)

AyuVince
2007-03-27, 06:21 PM
Okay, don't take this serious, but wouldn't it be cool if that Azure City high priest created three fake Hinjos to engage the Xy-klones in combat? Of course, one would necessarily be created from a template in the Book of Exalted Deeds.

fwiffo
2007-03-27, 06:44 PM
Send in the clones...
There gotta be clones...
The clones... are here...

Frosty
2007-03-28, 01:06 PM
What for? Redcloak and Xykon don't care about Jinho at all.

AyuVince
2007-03-28, 02:36 PM
No, but three Hinjos could easily fend off those skeletal Xykon-wannabes Redcloak created.

Drider
2007-03-28, 02:38 PM
maybe 3 Roys

Studoku
2007-03-28, 02:40 PM
I always imagined Hinjo to be slightly more powerful than Roy. On the other hand, Roy has the starmetal sword.

Threeshades
2007-03-28, 02:48 PM
Okay, don't take this serious, but wouldn't it be cool if that Azure City high priest created three fake Hinjos to engage the Xy-klones in combat?

Uhm, no.

In fact it would be utterly useless.

Green Bean
2007-03-28, 02:59 PM
No, no, no. You should never split characters; they're always really, weak, except for the one who inevitably turns out to be evil (I mean, how are you going to pick the bad one out; they'll all have goatees!). If the Power Rangers have taught my anything, its that you only get more powerful if you fuse with another character. Go go Hinjoy and Haylan!

(:smallbiggrin:)

Teh_Jakester
2007-03-28, 03:00 PM
I always imagined Hinjo to be slightly more powerful than Roy. On the other hand, Roy has the starmetal sword.

Let us stress this issue from the perspective of a man who has never played DND.

Hinjo is a Paladin; thus he has the Smite Evil.

Roy has a Starmetal Sword; thus he can harm undead.

So... I would say Hinjo has more power, but if you settle it down to raw strength, Roy wins.

bluish_wolf
2007-03-28, 03:01 PM
It would be better to make three thrones so that Xykon doesn't know which one to destroy.

ampcptlogic
2007-03-28, 03:05 PM
Go go Hinjoy and Haylan!

I think they're already working on a Haylan. :smallbiggrin:

silvadel
2007-03-28, 03:08 PM
How about 200 Elans... Could be like the I Mudd star trek episode for Roy

Green Bean
2007-03-28, 03:11 PM
Let us stress this issue from the perspective of a man who has never played DND.

Hinjo is a Paladin; thus he has the Smite Evil.

Roy has a Starmetal Sword; thus he can harm undead.

So... I would say Hinjo has more power, but if you settle it down to raw strength, Roy wins.

I don't really think Hinjo's even close to Roy. I mean Hinjo lost to fallen Miko, whereas Roy barely had to break a sweat to knock her halfway across the room.

Deuce
2007-03-28, 03:18 PM
It would be better to make three thrones so that Xykon doesn't know which one to destroy.

Or you could make 3 Azure Cities, and then the armies would be about even!

Now let's see, for a spell to do that, it'd have to be . . . hmmmm . . . level - oh my. :smalleek: I think I just found the flaw in my clever little plan. :smallconfused:

Threeshades
2007-03-28, 03:48 PM
I don't really think Hinjo's even close to Roy. I mean Hinjo lost to fallen Miko, whereas Roy barely had to break a sweat to knock her halfway across the room.

hinjo was pinned to the ground and miko was so focused on him that she didnt really see roy coming. Since she was already well treated by hinjos sword roy just had to finish what hinjo began.
So he didnt really have much to do there.

Green Bean
2007-03-28, 03:56 PM
hinjo was pinned to the ground and miko was so focused on him that she didnt really see roy coming. Since she was already well treated by hinjos sword roy just had to finish what hinjo began.
So he didnt really have much to do there.

Ummm, Hinjo managed to hit Miko once. In the foot. Hinjo didn't begin much (especially when it was Roy who weakened her in the first place)

Jayabalard
2007-03-28, 04:54 PM
I think Roy was pretty clearly cleaning her clock; she landed one lucky stunning blow, and Roy only needed to land one more power attack on her to put her out.

Assassinfox
2007-03-28, 05:06 PM
And Hinjo's Smite Evil has limited uses per day, while Roy's sword doesn't.

skinkatlarge
2007-03-28, 05:35 PM
I don't really think Hinjo's even close to Roy. I mean Hinjo lost to fallen Miko, whereas Roy barely had to break a sweat to knock her halfway across the room.Miko beat the whole OOTS in combat, including Roy. All we know is she's much better than either of them.

It would be better to make three thrones so that Xykon doesn't know which one to destroy.Xykon doesn't want to destroy either the rift or the gate. The gate is necessary to help him control the Snarl (which is why Dorukon's gate had that self-destruct thing, and why Xykon didn't stick around to make use of the now-open rift that the destruction of the gate left).

Remember, gate =/= rift. No one knows how to close or destroy the rifts without undoing the world. The gates were put there by the Order of the Crayon to seal the rifts. Xykon needs both a rift and a working gate, and considerable time undisturbed. A lot of people are forgetting this stuff.

Merlin the Tuna
2007-03-28, 06:42 PM
Miko beat the whole OOTS in combat, including Roy. All we know is she's much better than either of them.That's all we saw until she fell, at which point she trounced Hinjo and did pretty poorly versus Roy.

Demented
2007-03-28, 06:58 PM
Three Hinjos? Nahh.

Three Saangwaans? Oh yes!

Three Durkons? Bland, but TURN UNDEAD!!!

Assassinfox
2007-03-28, 07:25 PM
Miko beat the whole OOTS in combat, including Roy. All we know is she's much better than either of them.

Roy was armed with a stick. He obviously wasn't operating at full power there.

Miko's only good for hacking up elderly people and weaponless melee fighters.

M._A._Foxfire
2007-03-28, 07:43 PM
Meh, she did do a number on V, Belkar, and Haley as well... (Twice) And Elan, but said one-armed kazoo-playing bard wasn't posing much of a challenge.

And she killed Sam and her father, had Redcloak on the floor, snapped Sabine's neck, and, well, she wasn't number one paladin in Azure for nothing.

About Roy's sword - who knows? It may just have a set number of uses.

Green Bean
2007-03-29, 02:06 PM
Meh, she did do a number on V, Belkar, and Haley as well... (Twice) And Elan, but said one-armed kazoo-playing bard wasn't posing much of a challenge.

And she killed Sam and her father, had Redcloak on the floor, snapped Sabine's neck, and, well, she wasn't number one paladin in Azure for nothing.

About Roy's sword - who knows? It may just have a set number of uses.

Yes, but the point is that if two people go up against the same person, and one does incredibly well while the other is almost killed, it's pretty much a given that the one who was winning was better.

Studoku
2007-03-29, 04:03 PM
Hinjo has the paladin wolf.

skinkatlarge
2007-03-30, 02:18 AM
That's all we saw until she fell, at which point she trounced Hinjo and did pretty poorly versus Roy.True, Hinjo didn't do too well against her even after she fell, and Roy certainly finished her off - but I've seen a wizard with a dagger finish off a dragon after other people knocked its HP down far enough first. Maybe Hinjo just "loosened the mayonnaise jar lid" for Roy.

I do think Roy is a better fighter than Hinjo, actually; my point is that we don't know how much better, or even for sure that Roy is better at all.

Edit: Come to think of it, Belkar pretty much beat her, before she fell - then chose not to finish her off. So, yeah, Roy probably is better than her, thus considerably better than Hinjo.

AyuVince
2007-03-30, 03:18 PM
Before this deteriorates into a Roy vs Hinjo thread, let's go back on topic:

Whom should Azure City clone to stand a better chance against the siege?

Here are some suggestions.

:roy: is a tough fighter with four attacks per round, the Cleave feat and probably Whirlwind Attack, two of him could easily take out 10-20 hobbos in a turn.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a311/estelindis/hinjo.gif may be a lesser swordsman than Roy, but has this Mounted Combat thing going.

:haley: is a brilliant tactician and has Manyshot, but two girls on the same job? It can only lead to bickering :D

:belkar: Bad idea. Very bad idea.

:elan: *cough*

:vaarsuvius: Utter pwnage.

:durkon: Should work well, unless the hobgoblins start carrying trees.

V Junior
2007-03-31, 03:02 AM
Oh for the love of... PUT THE CRACK PIPES DOWN, AND STEP AWAY FROM THE SECRET STORE OF IT.

TheOtherMC
2007-04-01, 11:23 AM
I think they're already working on a Haylan. :smallbiggrin:

Bow Chika Bow Wow! :smallbiggrin:

AyuVince
2007-04-01, 03:17 PM
A singing rogue/bard with a rapier and lots of ranged attack feats?

TheOtherMC
2007-04-01, 07:21 PM
A singing rogue/bard with a rapier and lots of ranged attack feats?

(S)he robs you of your money....and your heart :smallbiggrin:

*SNEAK ATTACK SERANADE!*

MinMax
2007-04-02, 08:36 PM
Before this deteriorates into a Roy vs Hinjo thread, let's go back on topic:

Whom should Azure City clone to stand a better chance against the siege?

Here are some suggestions.

:roy: is a tough fighter with four attacks per round, the Cleave feat and probably Whirlwind Attack, two of him could easily take out 10-20 hobbos in a turn.

Hey, Roy only has three attacks per turn. They haven't even become level 14s yet. Also, Roy has the Great Cleave feat. Don't you recall his Great Cleavage?!

Also, 10-20? In a turn? I think you fail to see how far Roy can move. Hey could take out 8, provided he were surrounded, take a 5-foot step, and eliminate 3 more. That's 11. He can take out, we'll say, 5-11 hob-gobbos a round.

AyuVince
2007-04-03, 04:23 PM
Hey, Roy only has three attacks per turn. They haven't even become level 14s yet. Also, Roy has the Great Cleave feat. Don't you recall his Great Cleavage?!

Also, 10-20? In a turn? I think you fail to see how far Roy can move. Hey could take out 8, provided he were surrounded, take a 5-foot step, and eliminate 3 more. That's 11. He can take out, we'll say, 5-11 hob-gobbos a round.

Read closely: I said that two Roys could take out 10-20 hobbos a round. With your calculation that just one Roy could kill 5-11, 10-20 should be a good bet with two.

My money's on :vaarsuvius:, though. One V fills up zir spell slots with a more defensive set of spells (say transmutation and enchantment), the other buffs up on aggressive evocation magic, and off you go. Anyone want to calculate how many hobbos (1st level warrior, 9 hp, regular Ref saves) V could kill with a widened Fireball?