PDA

View Full Version : I need a name for my campaign that I'm about to start up

braveheart
2014-12-10, 04:15 PM
I'm about to start up a campaign for a group of my friends, and I like to have a creative title for the campaign as a whole, the last one was called "The Elders Academy" and was a magical college.
This campaign is going to be a very sandboxy star wars campaign taking place in 4 BBY, there are a few plans for overarching events, and a general plot outline but I'd like to avoid any spoilers to be in the campaign title.
I'm also planning to make a star wars style intro text, so another reason to have a title, although the intro scrawl could be a book one title sort of thing.

Erasmas
2014-12-10, 09:17 PM
Well, it is difficult to come up with an appropriate nane without knowing anything about the campaign. But, here's a few that I could come up with:

- The Nova Crux
- The Inception of Betrayal
- The Shadowed Moon
- Phase of Initiation
- Dark Beginnings

Tarlek Flamehai
2014-12-10, 10:05 PM
Without knowing more about the campaign than you've told us, I only have two inspirations rolling around in my head.....each worse than the other.

1. Childhood's End
2. Han Shot First!

(Un)Inspired
2014-12-10, 10:09 PM
The Bocadillos de Mon Calamares.

Coventry
2014-12-10, 10:58 PM
Imperium Hopscotch
Nevernaboo Nights
Astro-droids
Honest Dwib's Used Landspeeders
Zen and the Art of Landspeeder Repair

(Un)Inspired
2014-12-11, 12:52 AM
Max Rebo's Badass Boogie-Down Funk Adventure.

Vitruviansquid
2014-12-11, 01:32 AM
Introduce your campaign at the beginning of each session as

"Star Wars: A New Menace: The Revenge of the Return of the Sith-di, starring [Player A], [Player B], and featuring [Player C], [Player D], with [Player E] and [Player F]"

EccentricCircle
2014-12-11, 06:21 AM
Imperial Entanglements

braveheart
2014-12-11, 11:48 AM
they are going to be essentially scoundrels and bounty hunters in the outer rim, and knowing them it is pretty much guaranteed that they will commit crimes against the empire. out of the ones you guys have put up so far "Imperial Entanglements" is my favorite.

Kol Korran
2014-12-11, 12:09 PM
A few possible ideas on how to come up with stuff:
- A theme that is central to the campaign. (For example, when exploring a lycanthropic rise- "Nature of the beast". Exploring the illusion of peace- "The Price of freedom")
- Focusing on the event that started it all. (Crashing air balloon- "It began with a crash")
- Focusing on an area (Pirating in a place filled with voodoo witch magic- "The witchling isles")
- Focusing on some specific time period, or an event in it. (Ghosts of the last war)
- Name of a main antagonist or organization ("Red hand of doom"/ "Swords OF Rak-hashal")

Can you tell us a bit about either the group's composition, or any themes/ antagosnits/ specific areas/ main questions the campaign is trying to ask? Maain events just prior to it? (I know very little of the SW world, but it can help more knowledgeable people than me)

braveheart
2014-12-11, 02:00 PM
A few possible ideas on how to come up with stuff:
- A theme that is central to the campaign. (For example, when exploring a lycanthropic rise- "Nature of the beast". Exploring the illusion of peace- "The Price of freedom")
- Focusing on the event that started it all. (Crashing air balloon- "It began with a crash")
- Focusing on an area (Pirating in a place filled with voodoo witch magic- "The witchling isles")
- Focusing on some specific time period, or an event in it. (Ghosts of the last war)
- Name of a main antagonist or organization ("Red hand of doom"/ "Swords OF Rak-hashal")

Can you tell us a bit about either the group's composition, or any themes/ antagosnits/ specific areas/ main questions the campaign is trying to ask? Maain events just prior to it? (I know very little of the SW world, but it can help more knowledgeable people than me)

My group is looking to be a combat droid, a mechanic (owns the combat droid), a pilot/assassin droid, a nobleman running from his parents legacy (they are on the design team for the death star), an albino wooky who was a gladiatorial slave for most of it's life, and the last guy is still ironing out the details on his character.

They will be starting in Nar Shaddaa but I plan to give them a space ship by level 3 or 4 so the entire SW galaxy is open to them and the main campaign goal is really going to be up to them. I don't have any hard plot plans other than the early stages, because player derailment is both fun and inevitable with my group. once I've seen their characters in play for a while I might get a better long term goal.

As far as time period, for those of you who don't know SW it is 4 years prior to the first death stars destruction, and 15 years after order 66 and the rise of the empire (in between episodes III and IV)

Kol Korran
2014-12-11, 02:25 PM
Hmmmm... so basically, you don't really know what this will be about, or too much about the players. I have two ideas then:
1) Wait for a few sessions till you know more where the wind is blowing, and then come up with something. if you really need a starting name for the SW crawl thingy, you can start with something non committing like "In uncertain times..." or any of the following suggestions.
2) Use the unknown/ uncertain/ improvising nature of your game as your theme! How about the following names:
- The turning of fates.
- The unexpected element/ twist (This can apply both to things happening to the team, and the team happening to other teams. :smalltongue: Basically a game of surprises)
- One more roll of the dice.
- The hand you're dealt, and the hand you play (Works better if there is some sort of a gambling PC/ NPC on board, a sort of a... different... Jedi lesson?)
- The unforeseen complication.
- The choices of a few.
- Of daring and droids.

Will these work?

Kid Jake
2014-12-11, 02:30 PM
Star Wars Episode 3 and 1/2: Gangsters in Space, the Special Edition Boxed Set.

Coventry
2014-12-11, 02:55 PM
How about "Shadows of Nar Shaddaa", then?

Knaight
2014-12-11, 03:04 PM
Illicit Goods

I'm assuming that there will be a fair amount of smuggling, so the title would refer both to the cargo and to the characters (who are good people, but considered criminals by the Imperial system. With that said, Imperial Engagements is probably better.

braveheart
2014-12-11, 04:33 PM
Given what i know already I think I'm going to go with

Star Wars
Episode 3.5
Imperial Entanglements

Thank you all for your ideas

prufock
2014-12-12, 08:06 AM
Max Rebo's Badass Boogie-Down Funk Adventure.

Somebody write this adventure!

(Un)Inspired
2014-12-12, 12:33 PM
Somebody write this adventure!

I'm on it.

It's basically gonna be like Purple Rain only with Max Rebo instead of Prince.

EccentricCircle
2014-12-13, 04:48 AM
Given what i know already I think I'm going to go with

Star Wars
Episode 3.5
Imperial Entanglements

Thank you all for your ideas

Glad I could help, Hope the game goes well.