PDA

View Full Version : Adding polymorphic properties to a weapon or armor

Oharunsi
2014-12-10, 04:54 PM
Hello all !

i am thinking about adding polymorphic properties to a weapon or armor is that even possible ?

if it is what would be the magic enhancement ? i want to be able to change a great sword or a Long sword into and armor property & vice versa.

any ideas ?

Forrestfire
2014-12-10, 08:01 PM
There's the Morphing property, which can take a sword and turn it into a shield, but off the top of my head, there is no weapon <=> armor quality. There is, however, a type of armor that can change into different sorts: Sectioned, from the Planar Handbook. It costs 3,000gp and can be assembled or disassembled between something a bit worst than studded leather and a bit better than full plate.

While it's not RAW, personally if I were DMing, I would cost the item as the sum of both, with a moderate discount on the total since you can only have one out at the same time (or no discount, if you can make a sword that's part of the armor, presumably connected to it at the wrists), and allow a swift action to change forms. Maybe add the twice the cost of a Ring of Arming to it (and make it cost no ring slot, because doubled cost). A bit expensive, probably reducable and still balanced, but that's my first thought for how to do it.