PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Character Variant: Bardic Rogue (or Rogue Bard)

thorr-kan
2014-12-10, 06:03 PM
Is anyone aware of a variant rogue or bard base class the combines:
bardic music
lore or bardic knowledge
trapfinding
sneak attack

Dragon Magazine or 3rd party content is OK. I've scanned UA and the ACF list; I'm not finding anything similar, so I'm expanding my search.

ETA: Should have specified base class originally.

Extra Anchovies
2014-12-10, 06:38 PM
Rogue 3/Bard7/Arcane Trickster 10 or Rogue 3/Bard 2/Unseen Seer 10/Arcane Trickster 5. First gets 17/20 bard casting and 7d6 sneak attack, second gets 17/20 casting and 8d6 sneak attack but sacrifices almost all of your music. I'd still go the Unseen Seer route, since you enter the PrCs earlier and Unseen Seer has better class features than Arcane Trickster.

The only issue is that there are very few PrCs that progress Bardic Knowledge.

Troacctid
2014-12-10, 11:54 PM
There are not very many prestige classes that advance bardic knowledge or bardic music, and AFAIK, of the ones that do, none advance sneak attack.

thorr-kan
2014-12-11, 10:42 AM
Should have specified base class, which is what I meant.

Not interested in build ideas, just info gathering.

Psyren
2014-12-11, 11:13 AM
If your DM is willing to consider Pathfinder to be "third-party," you could ask to combine a Sandman Bard (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/bard/archetypes/paizo---bard-archetypes/sandman) (gets sneak attack) with Archeologist (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/bard/archetypes/paizo---bard-archetypes/archaeologist) (gets Trapfinding and rogue talents.) Or you could take the Trap Finder trait on the former for a less iffy method.

ILM
2014-12-11, 11:25 AM
Is anyone aware of a variant rogue or bard base class the combines:
bardic music
lore or bardic knowledge
trapfinding
sneak attack

Dragon Magazine or 3rd party content is OK. I've scanned UA and the ACF list; I'm not finding anything similar, so I'm expanding my search.

ETA: Should have specified base class originally.
Rilkan Rogue 3 from Magic of Incarnum gets you bardic knowledge, trapfinding and sneak attack. The problem is that there's virtually no ACF that gets you bardic music so you pretty much have to have levels in Bard for that.

thorr-kan
2014-12-12, 01:08 AM
Those're interesting.

Thanks.