PDA

View Full Version : 3.5e sizes

Rimbozendi
2014-12-10, 07:53 PM
I was just wondering about less than small sizes and how to acurately describe them. For example, a tiny wyrmling dragon: is it a foot long? 6 inches? I'd like to include some lower level dragons in a campaign for a low level party. I'm thinking I'll just scale down the stats and keep the sizes up, just because a 6 inch long dragon seems humorous rather than threatening

OldTrees1
2014-12-10, 08:24 PM
Well a Tiny Dragon is the size of an adult cat (1.5 feet not including the tail?). However most dragons are either children and or HUGE.

That said, using child dragon stats with adult dragon sizes would allow lower level dragon encounters.

Milo v3
2014-12-10, 08:32 PM
Tiny size is 1 ft. - 2 ft. according to the Players Handbook. A 6 inch dragon would be either fine or diminutive in size category.

Jeraa
2014-12-10, 09:11 PM
I was just wondering about less than small sizes and how to acurately describe them. For example, a tiny wyrmling dragon: is it a foot long? 6 inches? I'd like to include some lower level dragons in a campaign for a low level party. I'm thinking I'll just scale down the stats and keep the sizes up, just because a 6 inch long dragon seems humorous rather than threatening

Monster Manual page 314 has a table that list the dimensions of the various size categories. Can also be found online here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/movementPositionAndDistance.htm).

KillianHawkeye
2014-12-10, 10:20 PM
Fortunately you won't have to worry about any six inch dragons, because if you actually check the charts in the Monster Manual or here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/dragonTrue.htm), you'll see that even the youngest dragons are only Tiny at the smallest. That's about the size of a cat as OldTrees mentioned. And depending on which type of dragon you're talking about, some of them start out as Small or even Medium size!

Rainbownaga
2014-12-10, 10:27 PM
Black dragon wyrmlings are the vorpal bunnies of low level d&d. For something so small they are pretty terrifying.