PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Ideas for making my kobold sorc immortal?

AnonymousPepper
2014-12-10, 09:57 PM
Ordinarily, I wouldn't worry about this, but he's one of those venerable dragonwrought loredrake kobolds. And I'm doing my best to make him impossible to kill (slowly), but I'm worried he may just croak of old age, be that naturally or by magical aging, because as I understand it, he still has the lifespan of an ordinary kobold.

We're in mythic, so I could just have him take the immortality from that, but that uses up a vital and limited mythic ability.

This is 3.PF with DragMag. The kobold in question is level 10.

Tommy2255
2014-12-11, 12:47 AM
Just to get the obvious answer out there, have you considered Lichdom?

AnonymousPepper
2014-12-11, 09:07 AM
Just to get the obvious answer out there, have you considered Lichdom?

I very highly doubt it, considering not only am I good-aligned but I also have a near-personal relationship with a good deity (I'm literally wearing her in the form of a suit of armor, actually).

Could potentially become a Deathless, but doesn't that come with its own problems?

Not to say that lichdom couldn't possibly happen; a previous PC was in fact a lich, which became a plot point. I just dunno if it's viable for my character.

Elricaltovilla
2014-12-11, 09:21 AM
Even if you're down 1 mythic slot, you're still a tier two caster cheesed out the wazoo. I'm assuming you took the mythic ability that lets you cast any spell of your list for a slot and a mythic surge thingy? You're golden.

AnonymousPepper
2014-12-11, 09:27 AM
Even if you're down 1 mythic slot, you're still a tier two caster cheesed out the wazoo. I'm assuming you took the mythic ability that lets you cast any spell of your list for a slot and a mythic surge thingy? You're golden.

I... I don't think you know the power level of this game. The DM's reaction to my Gunslinger last game was to throw out enemies with 30ish touch AC that could shrug off the first five hits they took in a round - though eventually we realized that me plus our critfishing bastard of a buccaneer hitting the same guy still hurt. Believe me, any amount of Limburger I have applied is completely justified. The games are lethal enough that part of me wonders whether instead of Incantatrix10 I should instead do Inc3/IotSFV7 as the Mailman. >_>

That said, yeah, that ability is amazing.

Elricaltovilla
2014-12-11, 09:37 AM
Well, according to the PFSRD (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/mythic/mythic-heroes#TOC-Immortal-Su-) at 9th tier you get immortality for free regardless.

Maybe the better question is what can you do to survive a killer DM?

AnonymousPepper
2014-12-11, 09:43 AM
I asked him where he expected us to end up when we started into Mythic and he said probably no higher than 5, maybe 6, unfortunately.

Also, I'm giving the wrong impression - he's a killer DM precisely because he allows literally anything that's not completely screwed up to fly in his games. Only thing I ever saw him veto was that one BoEF class, Metaphysical Spellshaper. The power level corresponds to our own, and since two of us both felt like building at the mid-high end of practical optimization....

Still. Would prefer not to die.

Elricaltovilla
2014-12-11, 09:51 AM
Hmmm... The only straight up immortality things I know of require Wizard 20, Alchemist 20 or becoming some form of undead. How much 3.5 do you have access to? That's probably the source you'll want to go through as Pathfinder doesn't really offer immortality as an option.

If you have access to psionics there's always True Mind Switching yourself into the body of your favorite construct/dragon/wheel of cheese.

AnonymousPepper
2014-12-11, 09:56 AM
Hmmm... The only straight up immortality things I know of require Wizard 20, Alchemist 20 or becoming some form of undead. How much 3.5 do you have access to? That's probably the source you'll want to go through as Pathfinder doesn't really offer immortality as an option.

If you have access to psionics there's always True Mind Switching yourself into the body of your favorite construct/dragon/wheel of cheese.

How much of 3.5?

All of it.
Unless specifically updated, naturally, though I managed to retain Persistent Spell since they do two totally different things.

But uh... True Mind Switch into an Aleax of an Aleax of an Ice Assassin? :smallbiggrin:

Elricaltovilla
2014-12-11, 10:48 AM
Just make sure its an Ice assassin of yourself. Otherwise I think the whole thing falls apart.

I don't really do TO, PO is fine but I get my kicks by putting together T3 classes and removing the limiter gauge on their engines.

If you've got all of 3.5 available, I recommend taking a level of paladin and saying Pazuzu three times.:smalltongue:

You could always take the risky option and wish for immortality. Might want to collect some yellow orbs first, probably around seven.

Adamantine Golems in Pathfinder can only be killed by a coup de grace from an adamantine vorpal weapon. Good choice for True Mind Switch.

You could also hide away in a hole somewhere and just astral project yourself places.