PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [PFS]Armored kilt- is it worth it?

arkangel111
2014-12-11, 04:03 AM
So I have a rageadin (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?379305-Society-Rageadin), and I am considering picking up fullplate and an armored kilt. Since the kilt is a separate piece of armor does its bonuses stack with fullplate? for instance +1 armored kilt and Full plate is +11 AC, If I then enhance the Full plate does it become +12 AC? my first instinct is no, but I heard somewhere that kilt AC bonus stacks and since the kilt is what is getting the enhancement I would think they might stack.

Aside from that is it still worth the movement loss?
It would bring my movement down to 25 ft, so 50ft on a charge is it worth the movement loss to get a +6 AC over the next best armor that grants full speed (+7 if kilt is enhanced)? movement typically only matters 2x in a fight, the initial charges and the clean up. If I stay in the front line I'll get to maximize my small move.

Is there anyway to remove the movement loss on the kilt? Is there a cheap way to get a few more points to armor? I use a 2h weapon so shield is out of the question.

I am trying to make Myself a little more of a tank. I want to use a 2h weapon though so here is what I have to spend. I have 3199 to spend if I sell my chainshirt. How can I maximize my armor. Keep in mind the restrictions of PFS.

Sayt
2014-12-11, 04:15 AM
Armor bonuses to do not stack unless explicitly stated.

The Armored Kilt explicitly states that it does nothing when paired with heavy armor.

2014-12-11, 07:15 AM
Who cares if it doesn't stack? It's an armored kilt! It's solid awesome.

AnonymousPepper
2014-12-11, 07:57 AM
I think the kilt'd stack with the plate if the plate was mithril. Maybe.

Fouredged Sword
2014-12-11, 08:43 AM
I have considered an armored kilt to enchant to +5 alongside armor with enhancements. It SHOULD let you get the equivalent of +9 armor.

Mytheral full plate should also pair with an armored kilt, but that, again, is likely to get struck down by a DM.

I also find an armored kilt a good buy for low level clerics. That +1 AC is nice, but the main benefit is it allows you to take it, and only it, off at night to sleep in light armor. Higher level clerics of course, don't sleep.

Psyren
2014-12-11, 10:02 AM
This thread is academic - armored kilts are not legal for PFS.

In addition, they do nothing when added to heavy armor as written.

grarrrg
2014-12-11, 09:50 PM
The Armored Kilt explicitly states that it does nothing when paired with heavy armor.

I think that's more referring to the fact that Kilt+Light=Medium and Kilt+Medium=Heavy.
Kilt+Heavy=Still Heavy, ergo "no effect".

The Armor bonuses never stack.
The main benefit is gaining additional armor enchantments/abilities.
No, scratch that.
The MAIN benefit is armor with 0% Arcane Spell Failure that ANYONE can wear absolutely penalty free! (non-proficient penalties are based on Armor Check Penalties, of which the Kilt has "0", so your arcane caster friends should ALWAYS get a Kilt).
The secondary benefit is adding armor enchantments.

Psyren
2014-12-12, 09:35 AM
I think that's more referring to the fact that Kilt+Light=Medium and Kilt+Medium=Heavy.

That's *likely* what it was referring to, but RAW it applies to everything due to the way they worded it.

And in any event, the point is moot, because armored kilt is illegal in PFS.

VincentTakeda
2014-12-12, 10:56 AM
I'd allow it to stack, but I'd enforce that it alters the npc reactions to your character by one increment

Friendly becomes indifferent... Indifferent becomes unfriendly... etc..

Ravens_cry
2014-12-12, 11:01 AM
I think the kilt'd stack with the plate if the plate was mithril. Maybe.
I think so, as true silver's entry says it counts as one less for all purposes *except* proficiency.

(Un)Inspired
2014-12-12, 01:54 PM
I'd allow it to stack, but I'd enforce that it alters the npc reactions to your character by one increment

Friendly becomes indifferent... Indifferent becomes unfriendly... etc..

Are the NPCs disliking the character cause they think he's being a munchkin by wearing enchanted full plate and an enchanted armored kilt?

Baroncognito
2014-12-12, 02:18 PM

The Armor bonuses never stack.
The main benefit is gaining additional armor enchantments/abilities.
No, scratch that.
The MAIN benefit is armor with 0% Arcane Spell Failure that ANYONE can wear absolutely penalty free! (non-proficient penalties are based on Armor Check Penalties, of which the Kilt has "0", so your arcane caster friends should ALWAYS get a Kilt).
The secondary benefit is adding armor enchantments.

Yeah, but as +1 armour bonuses go, 20 pounds is a steep fee to pay. Silken Ceremonial Armour costs 10gp more and only weighs 4 pounds.