PDA

View Full Version : TV The Librarians-Anybody watching?

Philemonite
2014-12-11, 05:31 AM
As a huge fan of Leverage and Christian Kane in general, I was waiting for this for months. And now that it is here I am loving it. It is my entirely subjective opinion that the show is amazing, and it is going to stay amazing. Also, the team really reminds me of D&D Fighter/Cleric/Thief/Mage.

Fighter-Eve, the only one actually trained for combat (she is a counter-terrorism agent).
Cleric-Jacob, he can take hit(d8) and he knows his way in a fight (decent BAB). Plus, the art thing.
Thief-Ezekiel, he is a thief.
Mage-Cassandra, she can "see" math. If that doesn't scream Mage I don't know what does.

Anybody else liked it?

golentan
2014-12-11, 05:39 AM
Is it available online? I'd be willing to give it a go.

Philemonite
2014-12-11, 05:50 AM
Is it available online? I'd be willing to give it a go.

I think it is. (http://www.tntdrama.com/shows/the-librarians.html)

Kitten Champion
2014-12-11, 06:40 AM
I like it. It's a fun, corny, old-fashion adventure serial. The kinda thing that might work as a radio play.

I'd like to see the characters deal with things more individually though. While they each have an area of expertise and a different temperament, they do kind of overlap as super-smart people.

Philemonite
2014-12-11, 06:46 AM
I like it. It's a fun, corny, old-fashion adventure serial. The kinda thing that might work as a radio play.

I'd like to see the characters deal with things more individually though. While they each have an area of expertise and a different temperament, they do kind of overlap as super-smart people.

Well, there were only two episodes, so there wasn't much time, but I think they managed to show their differences well enough. I expect it to be a lot like Leverage, with everyone doing their own thing at some point.
Yes, they all have above average intelligence and are very skilled, but that's what you would expect from a future Librarian.

Solamnicknight
2014-12-28, 08:53 AM
Just saw the first episode and loved it. It's nice to see something that's light and fun instead of gritty drama. Also I laughed so hard when those assassins showed up in the middle of a Oklahoma bar. "Ninjas in Oklahoma?":smallbiggrin:

Reddish Mage
2014-12-28, 05:24 PM
I think the show has a lot of potential and the concept is very interesting, but it is currently lacking seriously in execution. I don't think the characters are as entertaining or have the chemistry as the ones on Leverage. The Choreography of fight scenes needs serious work but I think the most serious problem is with the IQ level of a show called "The Librarians."

A group of the smartest and brightest people on earth should occasional say smart things I just don't get (and simultaneously know they are blowing smoke), and not stick to the most superficial explanations of magic or whatever they are doing. Speaking of Leverage, Christian Kane really doesn't convince me his character is a genius Art Historian with an IQ of 190 and command of every language ever spoken on the planet (except Urdu).

I hope the show improves but as of now I think there are kids cartoons that are done smarter and are less of a guilty, campy, trashy pleasure (not talking Legend of Korra either).

ChelseaNH
2015-12-14, 02:24 PM
Checking in to see how reaction has developed now that this is well into Season 2.

I have throughly enjoyed this little series. It doesn't aim for anything more than pure entertainment, but it achieves that. Last night's episode was thoroughly enjoyable.

This season, I would have liked to see more fictionals. That's such a rich vein of material to mine, I'm surprised they haven't done more with it.