PDA

View Full Version : Binder Building

Iggero
2007-03-27, 09:00 PM
IN my current campaign I am a very strange cleric/sacred fist/ shen combo. However, before this less than glorious change I was a binder from the Tome of Magic. He got burned to a crisp by an exploding devil. Since I had to make him in a hou at level 17 I'm not sure I bought and supplied correctly, even with feats or skills or what have you. So if anyone has tips for crafing a better binder, please tell me, I want desperatly to play one again. But the next time Murook surfaces he has to hold his own.

Even a word about what vestiges to use and in what combo would be greatly appreciated.

Kel_Arath
2007-04-06, 08:39 PM
if your still level 17 then i got stuff for you. put all the pact augs into DR, only 4 less damage a hit, but it adds up. as for vestiges, it depends on how you play your character, i think that mixing some of the low level ones is never bad. i dont have time to look the names up, but get the one that allows dwarf style heavy armor, then amon i think (ram horns, fire breath), dahlver-nar for the abilites against multi-enemies (maddening moan) and his nat armor, then throw in malphas for some fun i guess. as for feats the ones that let you use the abilities more often are good

Nebo_
2007-04-06, 09:53 PM
Try this:Binder Handbook (http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=784085)

jameswilliamogle
2007-04-10, 11:59 AM
The exact kind of Binder you build really depends on what is lacking in your party, and what kind of environs you expect to be in. That said, you never can go too wrong with a melee-style Binder.

Human, LN
Binder 12 / Knight of the Sacred Seal (Chupoclops) 5
Make sure you put max ranks in Jump while in KoSS.

1 Power Attack
H Imp. Bull Rush
3 Combat Expertise
B Expel Vestige
6 Weapon Focus: Unarmed Strike
9 Shocktrooper
B Deadly Defense
12 Leap Attack
15 Improved Initiative

For Combat:
Bind Chupoclops, Ipos, Malphus for combat purposes. Put Pact Augmentation into +Initiative. Use Malphus's Bird to spy ahead of the party. When combat is about to ensue, go Invisible with Malphus. Then you charge forward, full PA to Shocktrooper's Headless Charge ability, Leap Attacking. You'll get a full attack: Bite +11 / Claw +11 / Claw +11 / Unarmed Strike +16 / Unarmed Strike +11 / Unarmed Strike +6 (not including Strength or any enhancement items). Your damage, assuming you win initiative, will have an extra 4d6 Sudden Strike, an extra 28 points from Power Attack, and your Strength on each of the 6 attacks. At the end of all this, you go ethereal with Chupoclops, repeating against another target. You also have DR 10 thanks to KoSS 5, and once per day can give yourself more bonuses to Str thanks to KoSS abilities.