PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Dwarf King build help

Element Zero
2014-12-11, 01:27 PM
Hello, Playground. Been a while since I engaged your services. I have an idea for a character, something that's probably been done before but not by me. I just need help fleshing it out.

Simple concept; Dwarven King. The only things I'm married to are (obviously) his race, and I want him to be a warrior-type, probably axe-and-shield. I'm not sure what the best way to go about this would be. Care to lend a hand?

Fouredged Sword
2014-12-11, 01:56 PM
I am partial to the concept of a Metal Mystery Oracle. You get a lot of neat metal themed abilities and enough of a charisma focus to make you into an interesting leader.

Element Zero
2014-12-11, 02:13 PM
I am partial to the concept of a Metal Mystery Oracle. You get a lot of neat metal themed abilities and enough of a charisma focus to make you into an interesting leader.

I actually had to look that up. :smallbiggrin: Not bad at all, though I'd like to see if anyone else has ideas. Variety is the spice of life, after all.

Aergoth
2014-12-11, 02:16 PM
Stonelord Paladin (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/core-races/dwarf/stonelord-paladin-dwarf), the Dwarven King hewn from the living rock itself!

For bonus points, grab the Goblin Cleaver, Orc Hewer, Giant Killer and Cleave Through feats, which are exclusive to dwarves.

Fouredged Sword
2014-12-11, 02:20 PM
Well, paladin is always a good option. Warpriest is now a thing, if a little disappointing.

You could also do a standard bearer cavalier and do the cool buffing thing at 11th level.

Element Zero
2014-12-11, 02:31 PM
Stonelord Paladin (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/core-races/dwarf/stonelord-paladin-dwarf), the Dwarven King hewn from the living rock itself!

For bonus points, grab the Goblin Cleaver, Orc Hewer, Giant Killer and Cleave Through feats, which are exclusive to dwarves.

That's pretty amazing, actually, though playing a paladin I would find it hard to allow myself to give up Smite Evil. I'd do it though, for this build. I do like the feats, too.

Fouredged Sword
2014-12-11, 02:54 PM
You lose smite evil, but you gain an ability to boost your attacks that is shorter in duration, but can be used 20 times per day at 20th level. Smite may be better, but the stone lord bonuses are not alignment dependent.

stack
2014-12-11, 02:59 PM
Don't forget steel soul to boost saves further.