PDA

View Full Version : Minotaurling

CrusaderJoe
2014-12-11, 04:23 PM
A child walks into their parent's room and asks "Mommy, daddy, where do babies come from". Shocked the parents look at each other, dreading this day for years. With a desperate attempt to keep her child's innocent a bit longer the mother begins "Well sweetie, when a mommy minotaur and a daddy halfling loves each other very very much the pseudodragon brings a baby in a basket and leaves it on the door step..."

My dear friends, that mother is lying to her child. Baby Minotaurlings come from a halfling and minotaur bumping uglies.

Minotaurling Traits

Ability Score Increases: Increase your Strength by 2 and Dexterity by 1.

Age: Minotaurlings mature and age at the same rate as halflings.

Alignment: Minotaurlings do not gravitate toward one particular alignment.

Size: Small.

Speed: 25'

Darkvision: Due to your Minotaur ancestry, you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions.

Halfling Nimbleness: You may move through enemy spaces.

Bull's Strength: You may use heavy weapons without penalty.

Bull Headed: You have horns. These are finesse piercing weapons that deal 1d4 + Str or Dex mod damage.

Stout: Creatures don't receive advantage for being a bigger size than you when using maneuvers against you (Shove, Grapple, or DMG options).

Unlost: You always know which way is north and you are immune to the maze spell.

Pokonic
2014-12-11, 04:31 PM
I know there's a story behind the creation of this; I don't know if it would be better or worse to know about it, though. :smalltongue:

Metahuman1
2014-12-11, 07:45 PM
I do. I want to know the story.

CrusaderJoe
2014-12-11, 08:37 PM
PG 13 version...

I had my PHB opened up to...

http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1407/56/1407568029707.jpg

And my wife was watching a certain part of the movie Your Highness...

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQkW3aTYtlhh-JvtBD2ToxRgwhtR-si4Zjn5W0rOvm2ZDLXe77zjg

And due to certain scenes in the movie... And my wife making a joke about the halfing's head and facial expression... Well yeah...

Themike
2014-12-12, 11:40 PM
Among other character ideas rejected by the DM was my version of this, the Minitaur! Thanks for making a better version of it!

CrusaderJoe
2014-12-13, 12:51 AM
Among other character ideas rejected by the DM was my version of this, the Minitaur! Thanks for making a better version of it!

Children: Minitaurs

Adults: Minotaurlings

Or crack some fluff up about how minitaur is a slur to minotaurlings?

felinoel
2014-12-15, 09:06 PM
Shocked the paeents look at each other, dressing this day for years.

I think you meant parents and dreading.

Glad you specified that the mother is the minotaur... x.x

CrusaderJoe
2015-01-05, 01:00 PM
I think you meant parents and dreading.

Glad you specified that the mother is the minotaur... x.x

Yeah the phone likes to forget letters.

Well usually the "horrible monster" parent is male... So pointing out that the mother is the monstrous race is just fun.

khadgar567
2015-02-10, 11:13 AM
{scrubbed}

Ralanr
2015-02-10, 02:58 PM
Now I'm imagining a minotaur and halfing bumping uglies...and yet I do not regret this imagery.

CrusaderJoe
2015-02-10, 06:53 PM
Now I'm imagining a minotaur and halfing bumping uglies...and yet I do not regret this imagery.

My wife's joke was essentially this.