PDA

View Full Version : Funny idea about V's spouse (No spoilers, really)

1337_master
2007-03-27, 09:59 PM
I got an Idea, picture it, Everyone is about to meet V's spouse, and...She looks EXACTLY like V! that would be interesting.

dragoncmd
2007-03-27, 10:34 PM
who says its a she?

BobTheDog
2007-03-27, 11:31 PM
Old. Very old.

Legendary
2007-03-27, 11:36 PM
If e looked exactly like V, then he'd become a member of the Linear Guild! For the quasi-imagined slight of (if female) forgetting birthdays and the like or (if male) for not speaking to him and that kinda thing (wink wink) for forever.

Gasp! It all makes sense now!

Kreistor
2007-03-27, 11:54 PM
It's too predictable that V's spouse would be androgynous, so the Giant probably isn't going to bother introducing that character.

Haruki-kun
2007-03-27, 11:55 PM
V's Spouse looks just like V, except (s)he's wearing a blue robe :smalltongue:

Sesquedoodle
2007-03-28, 03:02 AM
I think V's spouse will be just as androgynous as V. I don't know whether they'll look like V or not--at the very least, they'll have a different colour scheme.

Wait a minute, that was Zz'ditri.
Hmmm...

Gez
2007-03-28, 03:39 AM
It would be far too "It's Pat!" of the Giant to introduce an androgynous character as the spouse of another.

It's so predictible that it's better for that character to never get introduced at all.

And anyway, maybe the elves in V's home country do allow homosexual marriage...

Chrismith
2007-03-28, 09:12 AM
It's too predictable that V's spouse would be androgynous, so the Giant probably isn't going to bother introducing that character.

In the commentary for the section of No Cure for the Paladin Blues containing that stip, Rich states "V's mate WILL be seen before the strip has run its course."

Baalzebub
2007-03-28, 09:31 AM
That would be very interesting. I do not think the Giant will reveal what genre is V, so maybe they'll look exactly the same, with just a change in clothing.

Alex Kidd
2007-03-28, 09:38 AM
It would be far too "It's Pat!" of the Giant to introduce an androgynous character as the spouse of another.

It's so predictible that it's better for that character to never get introduced at all.

Pretty much what I think, V's spouse is gonna have a very defined sex(at least on the surface....) but a cloudy sexuality. Nothing to define what sex V is basically.

mikeejimbo
2007-03-28, 11:27 AM
I think V's spouse will be just as androgynous as V. I don't know whether they'll look like V or not--at the very least, they'll have a different colour scheme.

Wait a minute, that was Zz'ditri.
Hmmm...

Egad! Zz'ditri is V's mate! Now it all makes sense!

*head asplode*

Closet_Skeleton
2007-03-28, 02:25 PM
who says its a she?

I do.

I'm in the "V was always intended to be Male but the Giant decieded to milk it when he found out some people got his gender wrong" camp.

Studoku
2007-03-28, 02:47 PM

V refers to his/her husband/wife as 'mate' which implies that they can, or do, have children.

Thomar_of_Uointer
2007-03-28, 04:42 PM
Well, my theory is that Pompey is Vaarsuvius's son. Who says V has to be married to another elf? They never met during the Cliffport sidequest, right?

Charity322
2007-03-28, 04:49 PM
V refers to his/her husband/wife as 'mate' which implies that they can, or do, have children.

Not really, it implies that the Giant had to pick a word for husband/wife that was gender neutral hehe.

skinkatlarge
2007-03-28, 05:12 PM
Elves have such a noble metabolism (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0087.html) that they only need to pee every few weeks. They probably make babies by meditating extra-hard together to cause abiogenesis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spontaneous_generation) in a rock or something. That would explain all those half-elf crossbreeds from completely different species, come to think of it. So, gay mates might be just as common as straight ones in elf society. V certainly didn't seem the least bit thrown by "Elan"'s making out with the "male cop" (Nale and Sabine (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0365.html))...

Heck, gender itself could be as useless an evolutionary leftover as a human's appendix. :)

Snake-Aes
2007-03-28, 05:20 PM
They probably make babies by meditating extra-hard together to cause abiogenesis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spontaneous_generation) in a rock or something. That would explain all those half-elf crossbreeds from completely different species, come to think of it.
This was ... golden...

Leather_Book_Wizard
2007-03-28, 06:39 PM
V's mate will be an extremely hot lady elf that Roy, Belkar, and even Elan drool over. Haley will think she's ugly . Then the forums will erupt with threads saying, "I think V's mate was actually male" or somesuch. The comic will also contain a panel in which Belkar turns to the camera and says, "Hey folks, I'm Chaotic Evil." then eats a fluffy puppy. Which will be followed by a, "Belkar: Chaotic Neutral" thread explosion.

Snake-Aes
2007-03-28, 07:03 PM
The truth in your words scares me.

1337_master
2007-03-28, 07:21 PM

*head asplode*

No!!!No it doesn't

Tredrick
2007-03-28, 11:01 PM
V's mate will be an extremely hot lady elf that Roy, Belkar, and even Elan drool over. Haley will think she's ugly . Then the forums will erupt with threads saying, "I think V's mate was actually male" or somesuch. The comic will also contain a panel in which Belkar turns to the camera and says, "Hey folks, I'm Chaotic Evil." then eats a fluffy puppy. Which will be followed by a, "Belkar: Chaotic Neutral" thread explosion.

What if it is an evil puppy?

Are you saying all people who eat dogs are evil?

STOP OPPRESSING MY CULTURE!

Haruki-kun
2007-03-28, 11:43 PM
Well, my theory is that Pompey is Vaarsuvius's son. Who says V has to be married to another elf? They never met during the Cliffport sidequest, right?

It's been discussed before, and well...... it's not impossible, I guess. Pompey's robes and hair color cheme is the exact opposite as V's......coincidence?

Elves have such a noble metabolism (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0087.html) that they only need to pee every few weeks. They probably make babies by meditating extra-hard together to cause abiogenesis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spontaneous_generation) in a rock or something. That would explain all those half-elf crossbreeds from completely different species, come to think of it. So, gay mates might be just as common as straight ones in elf society. V certainly didn't seem the least bit thrown by "Elan"'s making out with the "male cop" (Nale and Sabine (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0365.html))...

Heck, gender itself could be as useless an evolutionary leftover as a human's appendix. :)

I must remove my hat before you and kneel at this pure genious......

*head asplode*

I think V would have been a little concerned if he/she had to fight his/her mate. Besides, when talking to Sabine at the bar (look for the link yourself), he talks about Sabine about what would happen if he found his/her mate in the arms of another elf WHEN S/HE RETURNED HOME. Never mentioned anything about his/her mate being dragged off by lawyers.....

The truth in your words scares me.

I agree..............

As for my own theory.........

V's Mate is actually Zz'dtri's long-lost androgynous Lawful Good Twin who was actuall Banjo's cousin, and married V after dumping the MITD.

Well, DUH!!!!!

Gandal
2007-03-29, 10:17 PM
Not really, it implies that the Giant had to pick a word for husband/wife that was gender neutral hehe.

That would be spouse. Mate implies otherwise...