PDA

View Full Version : Knockback?

Tyrael
2007-03-27, 10:19 PM
Hi, all. I think I made a thread about this a little bit ago, but I can't find a "find all user's threads" button, so I guess I'll repost. I'm looking for some sort of ability that lets me knock foes back. I know there's the Knockback weapon property in the Arms and Equipment Guide, as well as the Knockdown feat (can't remember where I found it), as well as the Awesome Blow monster feat (but that needs size Large or larger), but other than those, I don't know of anything else. So, I go to you OotS'ers and masters of splatbooks. Beyond Knockdown feat, Knockback property, and Awesome Blow feat, is there any other feat or ability that lets me bonk people around?

brian c
2007-03-27, 11:10 PM
Well there's bullrushing...

Jade_Tarem
2007-03-27, 11:23 PM
Once upon a time, another player cajoled me into designing a heavier-than-air airship for under 440,000gp. I could try and dig up the cost breakdown and dimensions for you, but essentially it could get up to 600 feet per round movement rate. When you're going that fast and you hit something, it falls down.

Variable Arcana
2007-03-27, 11:27 PM
Shock Trooper, from Complete Warrior is a pretty good one -- it's a guided bullrush through multiple squares.

If casting's okay there are tons of things -- slide and telekinesis come to mind in the spells, along with many of the *****'s Hand spells, and telekinetic thrust in the psionic powers...

ChaosOfTheStick
2007-03-27, 11:47 PM
If casting's okay there are tons of things -- slide and telekinesis come to mind in the spells, along with many of the *****'s Hand spells, and telekinetic thrust in the psionic powers...

Wow, i didnt know bigby was oscene. lol

marjan
2007-03-28, 12:08 AM
Also Clouting weapon property from Complete Arcane.

Tellah
2007-03-28, 10:35 AM
The Brutal Surge property in the DMG II provides knockback.

AtomicKitKat
2007-03-28, 10:42 AM
Races of Stone has Knockback, but I think it also requires size Large or larger. Slightly superior to Awesome Blow, in that you don't need to use a standard action.

Desaril
2007-03-31, 10:16 PM
I think the Book of the Nine Swords has a couple.

Quirinus_Obsidian
2007-03-31, 10:48 PM
I'm partial to Shock Trooper and the one from PHBII where you initiate a bull rush with a piercing weapon.

Fawsto
2007-03-31, 10:52 PM
hmmm... Yeah, i'd say the magic property... If you wanted Knockdown, that would be another story...

Inyssius Tor
2007-03-31, 11:11 PM
Wow, i didnt know bigby was oscene. lol

Well, some people don't utter the names of the Nine (*****, ****, ******, ****, *****, *******, *******, ****, and ************) because they aren't open gaming content, and so aren't in the SRD. It confuses people who don't have the books (maybe. I dunno).

AtomicKitKat
2007-04-01, 12:18 AM
Meh. Wikipedia has the answers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circle_of_Eight).

Jack Mann
2007-04-01, 04:16 AM
From the Book of Nine Swords, you'll want Stone Dragon and Setting Sun maneuvers. The ones from Setting Sun don't knock your enemies back, exactly, but they let you pick them up and throw 'em, or judo them as they charge you. Stone Dragon, though, has some of what you're looking for. A couple that let you knock enemies back, and prone, or bull rush them so hard they keep moving after you've stopped. The bad news is that the stances from this discipline require you to stay still.