PDA

View Full Version : [Items] Spare a copper?

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-03-27, 10:22 PM
Open to suggestions for the pricings.

-=-=-=-=-

Beggar's Glittens
These thread-bare gloves have the fingers worn off and sport many patches and stitches.
When donned they may be used to cause a being passing to make a donation if they fail a DC 14 will save. Those that fail the save hand you a single coin of the highest denomination they possess. You may use the glittens five times per day and they can only be removed once every twenty four hours, binding to your hands like a second pair of skin.

While worn you take a -5 penalty to Charisma-based checks.
Faint Enchantment; CL 3rd; Craft Wondrous Item, Suggestion, Price 500 gp.

-=-=-=-=-

Brawling Bands
These leather straps snap together comfortably about your hands like gloves.
When worn you find that anything in this hand becomes a potent weapon. You may use improvised weapons without penalty.
Two gloves must be worn to wield a two-handed improvised weapon.

See Complete Warrior for details on the damage dealt by these weapons.
Faint Transmutation; CL 1st; Craft Wondrous Item, Magic Weapon, 1,000 gp.

Icewalker
2007-03-27, 10:24 PM
man, I love the Beggar's Glittens. nice.
You've made some nice pairs of items.

What're the normal penalties for improvising with weapons again?

Innis Cabal
2007-03-27, 10:24 PM
eh? the brawling bands are pretty cool but the gloves are....eh....

knightsaline
2007-03-27, 10:26 PM
As usual, you never fail to impress me. Are you in for the AMNC event?

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-03-27, 10:29 PM
What're the normal penalties for improvising with weapons again?
-4 penalty to attack and you are considered non-proficient.

Are you in for the AMNC event?
AMNC?

knightsaline
2007-03-27, 10:37 PM
Against My Normal Creations, an event that I am trying to get happening next month. basically you create things you don't normally create. I'm going to try my hand at creating some magic items. I tried to launch the event early, yet no one seems to want to join in. You replied to the first post about creating something non psionic or monstery.

look in my signature for some of the things I have created for the event. Its not all of it, but its a start.

Jack Mann
2007-03-28, 12:00 AM
But he's Vorpal. He creates everything.

Starsinger
2007-03-28, 01:33 AM
I rather like the Beggar's Glittens... but why a penalty to knowledge nobility? Just because you're impoverished doesn't mean you're might not know who nobles are.. I can see an additional charisma check penalty when dealing with nobles, but not necessarily knowing who they are.

Icewalker
2007-03-28, 02:08 AM
Yeah, maybe a -4 to cha related checks involving nobility instead, that might make a little bit more sense.

Matthew
2007-04-02, 07:14 PM
Indeed, a nice pair of items. The only thing I wonder is whether Beggars wouldn't see fit to sell the Glittens rather than use them?

Eighth_Seraph
2007-04-02, 09:43 PM
A monk. With the Brawling Bands. And 18 strength. Add in a door, some shards from a broken vase and a thick leather belt. Place in a bar and grab the popcorn.

Inyssius Tor
2007-04-02, 10:02 PM
But he's Vorpal. He creates everything.

I suppose he could just leave his part blank?

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-04-03, 07:19 AM
Against My Normal Creations, an event that I am trying to get happening next month. basically you create things you don't normally create.
About the only thing I haven't made is a Base Class, and I rarely make PrC's, though I have about a dozen of them still.

Maybe I could come up with a class...

I rather like the Beggar's Glittens... but why a penalty to knowledge nobility? Just because you're impoverished doesn't mean you're might not know who nobles are.. I can see an additional charisma check penalty when dealing with nobles, but not necessarily knowing who they are.
Well, basically the glittens make a person feel sorry for you, give you a dime, etc. However, was thinking the same urge to help out this poor guy also makes him radiate the feeling of 'a lower caste'.

The only thing I wonder is whether Beggars wouldn't see fit to sell the Glittens rather than use them?
Naw, in the long run the glittens would be far mor profitable.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-04-03, 07:26 AM
lemme see... that feat that lets you throw something at something in visual range and brawling bands. Pick up a foe, and throw them at the sun.

Ever Phasm
2007-04-03, 02:14 PM
The brawling bands are way overpowered for their price. The hulking hurler wears them and he throws everything at you with no penalty! Up the price to about 50000gp. then it is a little more balanced.

The beggar glove things are awesome! Do you have any hard feelings if I use them in my next campaign?

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-04-03, 07:14 PM
The brawling bands are way overpowered for their price. The hulking hurler wears them and he throws everything at you with no penalty! Up the price to about 50000gp. then it is a little more balanced.
You are using the Hulking Hurler PrC as an example of how this is broken?

*twitches*

Anyways, if I recall correctly they already get something like that in their class anyways. And I don't think they got that much of a penalty to begin with. This might improve their throw by +4 or so? Thats not much for 50 grand.

The beggar glove things are awesome! Do you have any hard feelings if I use them in my next campaign?
Nope, thats what I post'em for.