PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Age Inquisition Question [Spoilers]

Erik Vale
2014-12-12, 02:09 AM
So this first bit and the white out under it is so that hoverers aren't spoiled.
LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAA
LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaa

If you aren't looking to be spoiled, then one final time, fly you fools.

Now then.
In my first play through, I drank from the well, figured out that it'd be a very stupid idea for Morrigan to do so further in [why was spoiled for me later, but I was only surprised in the exact details]. However, the meeting can't happen without Morrigan's son existing, and such is a possible choice in the keep.

So. What happens if Morrigan didn't have a son in DA:O? Does she have one anyway? Is he still special in any fashion? Is Morrigan still evasive about him? I've searched, but I couldn't find the answer else where, which makes me think she ends up getting pregnant anyway. [I bet she forgot the tea.]

Psyren
2014-12-12, 04:07 PM
FYI - the main Inquisition thread is here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?385363-Dragon-Age-Inquisition-IV-Deal-With-It)

As for your question:

Basically there are two variables here, and thus 4 outcomes.

1) Morrigan had no son, and drank from the well.
2) Morrigan had a son, and drank from the well.
3) Morrigan had no son; the Inquisitor drank.
4) Morrigan had a son; the Inquisitor drank.

The first variable (son or no son) determines where you will meet Flemeth. If she had Kieran, he will run through her eluvian into the Fade, and you will have to chase after them. In the Fade, you come across Flemeth and Kieran. If she did not have a son, whichever of you drank will instead be told by the voices to go to an old altar of Mythal and invoke her in order to obtain the secret for defeating Corypheus' dragon. Doing this will summon Flemeth (since she is effectively Mythal.)

The conversation you get upon meeting her is largely the same - Morrigan grows angry, Flemeth prevents her from lashing out (either directly, if she drank, or by puppeteering you to restrain her, if you drank), and then Flemeth explains that she is Mythal. If Kieran is there, then the meeting happens in the Fade and Flemeth attempts to take the boy, resulting in a touching scene where Morrigan offers up her life to save his - then Flemeth simply takes the OGB soul and departs instead.

No matter where you meet her, Flemeth will either tell you to fight a dragon (if you drank) or teach Morrigan how to become one (if she drank.) Either way, you'll have what you need to deal with Corypheus' dragon, though Morrigan drinking does save you from having to fight.

Speaking of fight - if Morrigan drank, you have the option to attack Flemeth during her spiel. Doing so earns you a backhand from Morrigan (since if you didn't drink, she is the puppet) and Flemeth mocks you.

Here is a video of scenario #3 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36m7s_RfiTw) above.

Tome
2014-12-12, 06:16 PM
There's also a third possible outcome for Kieran's status. It's possible for Morrigan to have a son without him being the result of the dark ritual, which is to say no old god soul.

Not sure what happens in that scenario though. Does Flemeth call him into the fade for a family reunion anyway?