PDA

View Full Version : World Building: What spells do you need?

Ruethgar
2014-12-12, 02:25 AM
I want to be able to literally build a world, or perhaps more realistically a moon. What spells would I need?

War Wall of Stone and War Mudslide both help for the land mass. Create Water and the Grass Growth side effect are very useful when properly abused resulting in massive tracks of swampy grasslands. One issue I've found though is the lack of air. There is a homebrew spell that would work, but I was wondering if there were any official methods to make air aside from slowly true creating it?

Edit: So a gnome with Magic in the Blood and Magical Adept takes Twin Widen Repeat Sanctum War Ocular Split Chain Ray Extending Extend Persist Create Water, Prestidigitation, and Arcane Mark as his SLA's and three bloodline and three paragon levels for a total CL of 7. That amounts to being able to concentrate for 24hr on create water at a rate of about one 10ft cube generated per round along with double downpour side effects for a minimum normal rainfall of 1 inch per round but now persisted and multiplied by 4200 divided by 12 for feet multiplied by the 120ft area and 24hr and raise to the power of 1/3 for a 724ft cube of water per day. Use swift concentration and familiar concentration to get two more spells going, both should be primarily grass growth to cover a total 125ft square in grass assuming that the DM is a stickler and says in only makes 1 cell of grass. If it makes full grown plants you get a 1639ft square of greenery. Soil at low level is harder to come by, odd that dirt would be a valuable resource.

So gnome 6... leadership can help! Be Magic Blooded and Unseelie Fey. Assuming 18 to start 22 +the base of operations made out of your summoned bamboo and let's say you're nice and fair and have great renown for being able to flood a planet on a whim. Leadership score of 12 to start for a paltry 8 gnomes to add to your task force and retrain to do what you do(however their CL would be 2 and they can't familiar concentrate or swift concentrate).

With a box
2014-12-12, 02:40 AM
Make two gates
One to element of air, the other to element of water
Pressure will solve for you

Garktz
2014-12-12, 02:55 AM
Genesis? Its not a moon but demiplane, but it makes what you seem to need, or is there other purpouse?
Please be more specific

Anyways, you can also become a planet, tippy made it possible, but since im posting from the phone, i cant find the tread :S

Milodiah
2014-12-12, 03:27 AM
You could always just uncork a few bottles of air. Or a lot of bottles of air.

Aegis013
2014-12-12, 03:44 AM
Genesis? Its not a moon but demiplane, but it makes what you seem to need, or is there other purpouse?
Please be more specific

Anyways, you can also become a planet, tippy made it possible, but since im posting from the phone, i cant find the tread :S

You can make your demiplane out of various materials, including gold or rock or what-have-you. I believe Tippy's planet was made using several castings of Genesis with the demiplane (being expanded with each cast) being made of pure obdurium (harder than adamantine). Then he used the Psionic Sandwich Trick to body swap with the obdurium planetoid and plane shifted himself out of the demiplane. Or something like that.

atemu1234
2014-12-12, 08:03 AM
Wish for a planet.

Ruethgar
2014-12-12, 11:31 AM
I wanted it to be on the same plane, though If that Tippy method were explained it might work fine.

Exegesis
2014-12-12, 02:42 PM
"I wish to be on the nearest hospitable planet with an Earthlike atmosphere yet no complex life."

But if you're set on terraforming the moon, maybe you could get decanters of endless water and electrolyze the water for oxygen? Or just build domes and tunnels and leave bottles of air open? Build a bunch of greenhouses and get a bunch of air elementals to smother the plants all day, I'm sure it beats working in a genie's court.

Aegis013
2014-12-12, 02:59 PM
I wanted it to be on the same plane, though If that Tippy method were explained it might work fine.

Psionic Tricks Handbook (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=1187.0), Psionic Sandwich trick is the second spoiler in the second post.

Using that method with PaO to turn your planetoid of Obdurium into a living being to swap minds with it.

Tippy's was done in conjunction with a Teleport Through Time to make it seem to his allies as if it took a single round as I recall.