PDA

View Full Version : Eberron Barbarian Build... Help?

flaming_goddess
2014-12-12, 02:40 AM
Hey guys! I'm a newbie on here, but I've been trying to find information on how to make my lady (human) barbarian as OP as possible, and unfortunately due to my lack of knowledge concerning fighters due to a history of playing clerics, I've been having difficulty figuring out what I should do. My barbarian is currently at level 4, with a 17 in strength and no feats as of yet as I haven't wanted to choose poorly and screw up a future build. I'm interested in a potential prestige class as well, but all that really matters to me is that she can rush into a fight and come out with a whole lot of heads bashed in (and won't fall off in terms of damage-dealing).

I'm fairly dead-set against playing a Frenzied Berserker, mostly because the majority of my party is squishy, plus it doesn't quite fit with how I envision my barbarian. I'm not completely opposed to a Bear Warrior or potentially a Runescarred Berserker, but there are two magic users in the party so spells aren't my #1 priority.

Thanks in advance!

Rebel7284
2014-12-12, 03:26 AM
Look into spirit lion totem barbarian from complete champion and possibly wolf totem from unearthed arcana. Combining both can be optimal if your DM is ok with that, but lion is the essential one.

Take Power Attack, Improved Bull Rush, and later on Leap Attack and Shock Trooper.

Ignore armor class and vaporize all opponents on a charge.

Taking a few levels of fighter may be appropriate for extra feats and/or Dungeon Crasher alternative class feature.

edit:

Also, check out whirling frenzy alternate class feature. More attacks are nice.

Also, a single level of cloistered cleric can be great for a character like this. You can get the Wrath domain for Rhino's Rush and trade the other feat for something like Travel Devotion or Animal Devotion.

flaming_goddess
2014-12-12, 08:21 PM
Great! Thank you!!!

Chester
2014-12-13, 08:53 AM
Look into spirit lion totem barbarian

This.

Have you thought about being a Warforged, going from Barbarian / Fighter to Warforged Juggernaut?

torrasque666
2014-12-13, 08:58 AM
This.

Have you thought about being a Warforged, going from Barbarian / Fighter to Warforged Juggernaut?
Normally, if someone seems like they've already picked a race, I won't say anything else, but this is one of those cases where I feel a need to. 1)Warforged are immune to fatigue, so no need to waste levels/items on something that will grant that. 2)Warforged Juggernaut gets you a ton of immunities(Crits, [Death] effects, all necromancy spells, [mind-effecting], ability damage and ability drain IIRC) that are always nice on a Barbarian.

Solaris
2014-12-13, 10:05 AM
I've had fun with a shifter (longtooth) who used Two-Weapon Fighting, Rapid Strike, and the spirit totem pounce to do nasty and unpleasant things to whatever he caught.
Planning on going Weretouched Master, Warshaper, and Frostrager with that one.

Another thing that you may want to consider with your human barbarian is whether you want the whirling frenzy rage variant (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/classFeatureVariants.htm) or not. It basically swaps Constitution for bonus to AC and another attack (albeit at a -2 penalty).