PDA

View Full Version : [Power] He passed like a wraith on the wind...

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-03-27, 10:24 PM
Phantom Passing
Psychoportation
Level: Lurk 3, Psion/Wilder 4
Display: Material
Manifesting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Pesonal
Target: You
Duration: 1 min/level (D)
Saving Throw: None
Power Resistance: Yes (harmless, object)
Power Points: 7

You suddenly fade into the background, and though you are still very much present you no longer seem to matter...

The very land itself does not recognize your passing, you making no impression upon your surroundings. While this power is in effect you do not leave behind psychic traces such as can be detected with Sensitivity to Psychic Impressions, Read Object, or Psychometry. Similiarly you do not leave auras such as can be detected with Detect Alignment spells. You do not leave tracks nor even scent, and things such as plants, stones, corpses and the like if questioned do not recall your passing.

Creatures however can still see you normally, though you are effectively silenced and are undetectable by tremorsense. You may still speak, play music and perform similiar actions, but mere movement makes no sound. Auditory displays are not inhibited.

Augment: For 6 additional power points the duration of this power becomes 1 hour/level.

knightsaline
2007-03-28, 02:26 AM
I can see this power being used by a drifter. good work, as always!

martyboy74
2007-03-28, 07:05 AM
Does creatures include animals?

NullAshton
2007-03-28, 07:11 AM
You seem to have neglected to put the power points used on the bottom of the stat block, like is standard for powers in the SRD.

Morty
2007-03-28, 07:44 AM
Hm. So the manifester is undetectable by everything except normal sight? Interesting.

Calver
2007-03-28, 09:55 AM
So you could kill a group of people and they would have no recollection of your being there? :smalleek: Or is corpses in allusion to another power I'm not familiar with?

Maldraugedhen
2007-03-28, 01:18 PM
What about detect alignment spells, or other magical detection spells?

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-03-28, 01:28 PM
Does creatures include animals?
A creature in D&D is anything that has a creature type.

You seem to have neglected to put the power points used on the bottom of the stat block, like is standard for powers in the SRD.
So it seems...

Hm. So the manifester is undetectable by everything except normal sight? Interesting.
Basically he just makes no impression on his surroundings.

So you could kill a group of people and they would have no recollection of your being there? :smalleek: Or is corpses in allusion to another power I'm not familiar with?
Oh, they'll have memories from when they were alive, but not since they died. So they could describe you, but not say where you went afterwards.

What about detect alignment spells, or other magical detection spells?
You could still be detected, though you wouldn't leave an aura to be sensed. Will specify that in the text.

Morty
2007-03-28, 01:33 PM
Basically he just makes no impression on his surroundings.

So people can see him but ignore him? If I'm right it's kinda Discworldish...

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-03-28, 01:36 PM
So people can see him, but well, ignore him?
This does not affect people at all. Its more like an extreme form of Pass Without Trace. You don't just leave no footprints, you don't leave footprints, auras, psychic residue or anything. This does not make you invisible or make others not notice you.

For that there is the Cloud Mind power. This is Cloud Mind for the land.

Morty
2007-03-28, 01:40 PM
Alright, I understand now. The descriptin was kind of confusing, but it's probably just my not-so-good english. I'm so gonna use it if I ever play a psion.