Art by Matt Groening

Medium Construct
HD: 4d10+20 (42 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 feet (6 squares)
Armor Class: 21 (+1 Dex, +10 natural)
Base Attack/Grapple: +2/+8
Attack: Slam +8 melee (1d4+6, x2)
Full Attack: 2 Slams +8 melee (1d4+6, x2)
Space/Reach: 5ft/5ft.
Special Attacks: Bend, flaming burp
Special Qualities: Alcohol fueled, construct traits, chest of holding, DR 5/adamantine, fire resistance 10
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +1
Abilities: Str 22, Dex 12, Con --, Int 13, Wis 10, Cha 14
Skills: Bluff +9, Diplomacy +5, Profession (gambler) +4, Sleight of Hand +11
Feats: Lightning Reflexes, Skill focus (Sleight of Hand)
Environment: New new york
Organization: Alone or with 1d3+1 humanoids
Challenge Rating: 3
Treasure: Triple standard
Alignment: Chaotic Nuetral
Advancement: --
Level Adjustment: +3

Standing here appears to be a humanoid made completely of cilindrical tubes with a very grey hue. He sports a small antenna on his head, aswell as a pair of pale yellow eyes and grid-like mouth of the same color. On his chest cavity is a small door, which he opens and takes out a brown bottle, quickly drinking it and belching flame. Afterward he takes out a cigar and lights it in his mouth.

Bender is an alcoholic, whore-mongering, chain-smoking gambler native to the future in New New York City. He commonly spends his time duping chumps into giving him their money, or burgling places of business and homes.

COMBAT
Bender is a coward in the face of combat, usually. He claims to be a conciencious objector (aka a coward) and often makes excuses as to why he cannot fight, such as feigning illness or otherwise.

Bend (Ex): If bender has someone in a grapple, he may as a move action bend his target. The two grapplers must make opposing grapple checks and if bender wins he bends them. This causes 3d6+6 damage and paralyzes the foe for 1d4 rounds. This also allows bender to bend large pieces of metal with ease, such as weaponry and steel gerders.

Flaming Burp (Ex): Bender is an avid drinker, and after consuming a bottle of liquor (a move action) he may make a flaming burp. This is an area affect that affects a single 5 foot square adjacent to bender that deals 2d6 fire damage (reflex DC 12 half) and on a failed save the target catches fire. Greater amounts of alcohol may cause greater areas of effect and greater damage.

Alcohol Fueled (Ex): Benders fuel cells are run on alcohol, and he must consume it nearly constantly to remain active. If he doesn't consume a suitable amount of alcohol every day he enters a state of inebriation as his power begins to die. In this state his Dexterity, Intelligence, Wisdom and Charisma scores all drop by 2 a day and he becomes more boistrous, unintelligible and 'drunk'. After 4 days bender becomes completely innert until he recieves more alcohol and an electric jolt to his batteries.

Chest of Holding (Su): Bender's chest cavity has an unusual amount of space for a creature his size. His chest cavity counts as a bag of holding type II for the purpouses of carrying and weight. Though, unlike bags of holding, if his body is pierced it simply puts a hole in him and does not lose the contents of the bag to the astral plane.

mabriss lethe
2007-03-27, 11:21 PM
Flaming Burp (Ex): Bender is an avid drinker, and after consuming a bottle of liquor (a move action) he may make a flaming burp. This is an area affect that affects a single 5 foot square adjacent to bender that deals 2d6 fire damage (reflex DC 12 half) and on a failed save the target catches fire. Greater amounts of alcohol may cause greater areas of effect and greater damage.

To Quote Dr. Farnsworth:

"It's not always a burp."

crazedloon
2007-03-27, 11:33 PM
like it (just think if this guy went into drunken master :smallbiggrin: )

Icewalker
2007-03-28, 01:28 AM
Actually, bringing up the title of your thread, something I've thought about quite often...

I watch Futurama. A lot of Futurama. I have the first four seasons of it on my ipod next to my computer, and I just play them and watch them passively while I do....everything. Over the course of the first four seasons, Bender is called:
30% Iron
40% Zinc
40% Titanium
Iron-Osmium Alloy with a 0.04% nickel impurity

that Iron, Zinc, and Titanium totals at 110%. Then there is Osmium and a nickel impurity.

I'm sorry, I've just noticed that over the course of my watchings, and I've always wanted to argue it. :tongue:

Anyways, that description for combat is really Bender in particular, (and he will fight for something he really cares about, like Angeline, in the episode Bendless Love) but those traits are for bender, and as you included a LA on the stats, assumably this can be converted into a race (Standard Manbot Bending Unit).

As to the information itself, I really like it, particularly the chest of holding. I'm not sure about the alignment however, I'd actually call him Chaotic Neutral, as he doesn't really do anything evil usually, (although he does occasionally, such as in A Pharaoh to Remember, with the slaves and such) but he constantly breaks the law for his own gain, which is highly chaotic. So I'd lean between Chaotic Neutral and Chaotic Evil for Bender.

attack damage and AC looks good to me, although I suggest replacing some of the natural armor bonus with DR instead.

Organization: Alone or with 1d3+1 humanoids. I like it.

Rift_Wolf
2007-03-28, 02:23 AM
Actually, bringing up the title of your thread, something I've thought about quite often...

I watch Futurama. A lot of Futurama. I have the first four seasons of it on my ipod next to my computer, and I just play them and watch them passively while I do....everything. Over the course of the first four seasons, Bender is called:
30% Iron
40% Zinc
40% Titanium
Iron-Osmium Alloy with a 0.04% nickel impurity

that Iron, Zinc, and Titanium totals at 110%. Then there is Osmium and a nickel impurity.

You forgot dolomite! The mineral that doesn't give up when the going gets hot! It's dolomite, baby!

RMS Oceanic
2007-03-28, 02:41 AM
Yeah, he's 40% Dolomite.

I love the Chest of Holding. It's true! This creature is brilliant.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-03-28, 02:57 AM
There's a few things I should probably add, like as mentioned above somewhere, DR and fire resistance. I mean c'mon, of all the characters, Bender has been on fire/in lava the most and come out nearly perfect.

Icewalker
2007-03-28, 09:58 AM
Oh right, the Dolomite. That's in that episode with the fossilized remains of fry's dog. It's in season 5. Haven't watched that one more than 1-2 times.

Zeta Kai
2007-03-28, 11:38 AM
That episode ("Jurassic Bark", Season 4 DVD) is one of the most beautiful episodes of television I've ever seen. It made both me & my wife cry. For those who have a problem with that, here's an appropriate quote:

"Bite my shiny metal ass!"

As for the stats above, I agree with everything except:
1) I would give the robots of Futurama the Living Construct template. They seem to be more "alive" than the standard D&D golem-type construct.
2) I've seen Bender pull some rather implausibly objects from his chest chamber, but the hammerspace within him seems somewhat limited. For example, on the only occasion that I can recall that Fry actually smuggled himself inside Bender, he was twisted up & stuffed in there quite tightly. I'd say Bender's chest would only equal a Bag of Holding (Type I).

Icewalker
2007-03-28, 03:17 PM
Huh, I guess it was one of the season four episodes lost in transit. There are like four steps to get the episodes from my original source on to my iPod.

I dunno Zeta, I think that actually the general power of Bags of Holding isn't size, just amount. He pulls things out of it constantly. I dunno.

Umarth
2007-03-28, 05:10 PM
He sports a small antenna on his head,

I think Bender would disagree with this part of the description.

Haruspex
2007-03-28, 07:34 PM
One of the best characters from that show. The Bend ability can really wreak havoc if left unchecked, though.

ampcptlogic
2007-03-28, 07:38 PM
What about his telescoping eyes and arms? Would those qualify him for a bonus to spot or a reach of "Whatver the hell I want" on all melee weapons?