PDA

View Full Version : Hellbred Cleric Build Help

Temji
2014-12-12, 03:25 PM
thanks for the help

Red Fel
2014-12-12, 04:26 PM
all righty... so now prolly My last post here for a while... I do appreciate all the help!!
the title pretty much covers it... looking for a 1-20 build, will NOT be evil if I can manage it, multi and prestige is all right, but gestalt is not... hope that covers clearly enough what I'm lookin for...

Unfortunately, it doesn't.

What books are available? Homebrew? What level of cheese? Are you okay with templates, and is LA buyoff on the table?

Do you want to be casting-focused, melee-focused, buffing-focused? Do you have a particular flavor in mind? How are you on feats? Magic items?

Frankly, you could simply start with a Cleric handbook (hey, look, here's one (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=420.0), and it mentions Hellbred), for all you've given us. Is there something specific you want?

WhamBamSam
2014-12-12, 09:26 PM
Good alignment is better for Hellbred Cleric, since they ignore the alignment restrictions on [Evil] spells. So I wouldn't recommend an Evil alignment anyway.

Other than that, Red Fel is on point as usual. What you want to focus on for your Cleric makes quite a bit of difference in how you build him.

atemu1234
2014-12-12, 10:31 PM
Hellbred Favored Soul 8 / Prestige Paladin 2 / Contemplative 10?

WhamBamSam
2014-12-12, 10:57 PM
Hellbred Favored Soul 8 / Prestige Paladin 2 / Contemplative 10?Favored Soul does not qualify for Prestige Paladin, which requires pre-existing Turn Undead. Even were that not the case, Cleric is just generally better than Favored Soul.

atemu1234
2014-12-12, 11:13 PM
Favored Soul does not qualify for Prestige Paladin, which requires pre-existing Turn Undead. Even were that not the case, Cleric is just generally better than Favored Soul.

Not when you go along the lines of charisma to saving throws. It could use the same build with cleric, however.

WhamBamSam
2014-12-12, 11:32 PM
Not when you go along the lines of charisma to saving throws. It could use the same build with cleric, however.The Serenity feat (Dragon Compendium) makes Divine Grace (and Turn Attempts/day) key off Wis instead. I guess going Spirit Hellbred as opposed to Body Hellbred would get a +2 to Cha (at the cost of -2 to Con), but it's still likely easier for a Cleric to pump Wis than for a Favored Soul to pump Cha, and prepared casting and domains are worth much more than a single feat.

Temji
2014-12-15, 10:39 AM
thanks for the help...

have a great day

atemu1234
2014-12-15, 10:43 AM
frankly Red Fel... THIS will be My last post... I really don't need sarcasm OR folks who think they're superior in My life, I have enough real issues to deal with, and I don't need to add to it HERE... now I remember why I haven't posted on forums in a looooooooooong time... and I"ll go back to that...

have a great day

He's not saying he's superior, he's just pointing out how nonspecific you are. You probably shouldn't be posting on here if you're worried about how people will react to your questions.

Quite frankly, you're the one being snide here. He's asking decent questions, he's not really being condescending (and trust me, I know condescension) and you're the one implying we don't have lives beyond these forums. So in short, so long, and good day to you.

Temji
2014-12-15, 11:04 AM
yer right... bye