PDA

View Full Version : Player Help [PF] Pirate "Shadow" Priest, please help fine tune this

Krazzman
2014-12-12, 04:59 PM
Hello again,

after quite some consideration I finally settled (sort of) on a build for a solo campaign my wife will be running.

It will be a CG Level 2 Knifemaster Scout//Cleric (YES, it is Gestalt since solo campaign). With the following (unordered) Stat Array: 18, 16, 16, 16, 14, 14.
The problem I still have with this is:
Race, Traits, Domains and Feats.

As it is a Naval themed campaign I thought about going with a Amphibious Flesh Chameleon Undine. But Halfling, Human and some sort of Tiefling/Aasimar would be cool too.
For feats I thought about Weapon Finesse(gained via Finesse Rogue), Dual Strike (Homebrewed TWF, basically gives me an offhand attack everytime I attack with my main hand) and maybe later Precise Strikes (also Homebrew, basically Dervish Dancing just not weapon specific but just precision damage).
Domains I think are cool Travel (Exploration Subdomain), Trickery (maybe subdomain, but only changing the level 8 one). Also fitting might be Air, Weather and Ice. (But I really like the possibility of just randomly blinking from one ship to another and smacking pirates in their evil slaver faces).

Also I have two traits open... that I really have no clue what to go for.

Optional adjustments like switching Rogue for Slayer or similar are open for discussion.

My second thought build that I also can't fit together was this:
Slayer//Witch (maybe Cartomancer) with Elemental Patron, Healing and Flying Hex but as I really likes the Rogue//Cleric combination this isn't that well thought out.

Story is probably (also subject to change):
Rather young lad that never liked slavery and had his experience(badly) with it. Has a striving fascination with the sea and pirates and the andoran pirate hunters and similar. But maybe, despite being good is not really that great-ly fitting with the pirate hunters [going for a One Piece-y Pirate theme, aka Good Guy Pirate].
After some run ins with river pirates he finally arrives in a coastal town. He will have a strong believe in himself and will be a generally nice person despite being rather ruthless when it comes to fighting.

Hope you can help me work the last parts out.

avr
2014-12-12, 05:54 PM
For the first idea, if you're a follower of say Cayden Cailean, Travel (exploration) and Charm (Love) would work nicely as domains IMO. You need to be the face since there's no one else in the group, and an emergency defence is useful too. The Fortified Drinker trait goes well with this.

After the combat feats you've named you might consider getting some summoning feats - since you're alone more bodies may sometimes be essential.

Undine sounds fine for what you've got here.

Krazzman
2014-12-13, 01:44 PM
I am currently considering Gozreh because I can switch one domain out as a campaign feature.

Cloud and Water are both interesting but I still somehow think about Trickery and Travel (maybe Exploration).
Downside being not proficient with Star Knives.

It looks like this at the moment:

Amphibious Flesh Chameleon Undine Knivemaster Scout // Cleric of Gozreh
Stats:
Str 12(14-2) Dex 20 (18+2) Con 16 Wis 18 (16+2) Cha 14
Level 2:
HP: 14 + 1d8 (+ maybe Favoured Class bonus).
Traits:
Birthmark
???
Feats:
Level 1: Dual Strike (Homebrew TWF)?
Rogue Talent 2: Finesse Rogue -> Weapon Finesse