PDA

View Full Version : Sacrificial Limb [IC]

Plerumque
2014-12-12, 06:15 PM
The sun is shining, you’ve managed to scrounge up some halfway decent food, and you haven’t been shot at yet. All in all, this is shaping up to be a fairly decent, if boring, day. Desert Wars is due to premiere new footage tonight, so you’ve contacted your favorite posse to watch the chaos with you after sprucing up your place a bit. Wouldn’t do for them to see your dirty underwear on what you loosely call a kitchen table, now would it? Still, you are bored. So bored that you’ve actually been counting the cracks in the ceiling plaster. That’s why when your fixer calls you up, you practically jump all over the commlink to answer. But of course, you play it cool. Wouldn’t do for him to know how desperate you are for a little excitement in your life. “Heya, kid,” he says. “I know you’re probably busy, but I’ve got a fish on the line for you. There’s 500 nuyen for you if you’re willing to take a VR meet with a potential client. Whaddya think?”

WebTiefling
2014-12-13, 12:02 AM
Jazz swings her hair around in a wave of gold.

"Bobby. Da-a-a-arling," she purrs into the comm. "500? And how much of a cut are you getting out of this? I know you. You're even sharper than you are handsome, and you always get yourself a good cut."

She knew it was blatant flattery. He knew it was blatant flatter. But that didn't stop it from being effective.

"How about 700 for me. You're smooth enough that you're still getting a nice, fat slice of this. If they want some magic slung, I'm definitely worth it, and you know it."

She didn't actually care if she got the was able to bump the price all the way up to 700 or not. 500 for a meeting was perfectly decent, but the effort was necessary. You always, always, always aimed for more.

"And do you have any bits of advice for me? You always know more than your clients think you do. If I can impress the client, it'll be good for both of our reputations."

Nocturno
2014-12-13, 11:19 AM
Jag lets out an audible yawn, and makes a grunt that he hopes sounds annoyed.

"Darius, it's awfully early to hear from you." Cloaking his interest with gruffness.
"500? You know I am not one for talking about a run before it happens, give me the details, and I will be there. Just remember how much cred you make from me, next time we have dinner."

Rivi
2014-12-13, 12:31 PM
Looking at the game over screen Cait throws the controller and answers the phone
“Stupid water level! I mean hey Jones what’s up?”
Picking up the controller starting over level 3-1 on super snow angel
“ A job sounds good… wait this isn't going to be like last time with the monkeys is it? Ok..ok that was my fault just send me the info.”

Plerumque
2014-12-14, 11:44 AM
"Not this time, wizard," the fixer responds. "She kept herself anonymous, and I thought it was worth my while not to pry. It ought to be worth your while to take the meeting, too, without trying to cut into my poor hardworking salary. The money'll be wired into your account once you show up. The Ms. Johnson's expecting you at eleven hundred hours at the Mercury Maxim chatroom. Not your usual haunt, so I advise doing a little research before you show up. I know you- wouldn't want to show up in the wrong outfit, eh? If you know what I mean.

"Anyway, have fun. I'll catch you later. I've gotta go arrange another date for another friend of mine. Ta."

“Yeah, I thought that would catch your attention," the fixer says, and Jag can practically hear his smirk. "The money will be wired into your accounts when you show up for the meet. Ms. Johnson is expecting you online at eleven hundred hours at the Mercury Maxim chatroom. It’s not your typical haunt, so I advise doing a little research before you show up. You don’t want to show up in the, ah, wrong outfit. If you know what I mean.

"Anyway, have fun. I’ll catch you later. I’ve gotta go arrange another date for another friend of mine. Ta."

"Not much to send," the fixer says dryly. "The money will be wired into your accounts when you show up for the meet. Ms. Johnson is expecting you online at eleven hundred hours at the Mercury Maxim chatroom. It’s not your typical haunt, so I advise doing a little research before you show up. You don’t want to show up in the, ah, wrong outfit. If you know what I mean.

"Anyway, have fun. I’ll catch you later. I’ve gotta go arrange another date for another friend of mine. Ta."

Silent_p
2014-12-14, 12:03 PM
"Julio, my good friend, how are you? That foot still causin' you grief?" Carlos smiles broadly as he answer the comm. He listens to his fixer's woes carefully - always pays to be attentive, he's found - but they're brief today and he winds down quickly. Making some sympathetic noises and commiserating, Carlos let the conversation sit a moment before popping the big question.

"So. What can my delightful self do for you today? A job? Excellent. Where do I need to be and when do I need to set out to avoid being tragically late?"

Plerumque
2014-12-14, 12:21 PM
"Ms. Johnson is expecting you online at eleven hundred hours at the Mercury Maxim chatroom," the fixer says, turning rapidly businesslike. "The money'll be wired into your accounts when you show up for the meet. It’s not your typical haunt, so I advise doing a little research before you show up. You don’t want to show up in the, ah, wrong outfit. You know what I mean? A better question might be to ask who you need to be.

"Anyway, have fun. I’ll catch you later. Gotta go arrange another date for another friend of mine. See ya."

WebTiefling
2014-12-16, 12:26 AM
"Oh, you're killing me, here, but you've gotten a mage in on your little meeting - your rep is still good, but you're asking a mage to get online. Just for you."

With pleasantries finished, she cut the comm. No one could live in this day and age and completely avoid the Matrix, but she worked to touch it as little as possible. Electronics. Lifeless. Lacking completely in the mana that truly powered the world.

Well she would make it work. Thankfully people didn't need jacks any more to enter the Matrix, but for a meeting in the Shadows she didn't want to use just any public Matrix shop or her own, personal commlink. You needed to trust the operators weren't snooping on your session and selling secrets, and she knew her personal commlink wasn't something she wanted to risk. Bobby's parting comment about checking it out first suggested that this "Mercury Maxim" wasn't quite the typical public spot.

Well, she had some contacts she could work. She activated her commlink and began putting out a couple queries.

I'm guessing it's either Area Knowledge (Seattle) or Shadow Community. Either pool has 9 dice in it. Here goes.
[roll0]

Looking for a source I can trust to use their system to access the Matrix. Will pay X for it. (10? 15? 25?)
Would this be Charisma + Negotiation? If so, 9 dice.
[roll1]

She would check it out at least an hour ahead of time so she could deal with whatever Bobby meant by "wrong outfit".

ladydeath
2014-12-16, 05:40 PM
"Jared come now you know I am worth more than 500. Let's talk around 700. You know you only need me when it is a special job that requires my special talents"

I know I will take any job right now things are slow at this time and I need to keep up my high lifestyle. I need to make sure I am showing my worth and value at all times. I never want to end up like a slave again.

Plerumque
2014-12-17, 08:23 PM
A few minutes of searching uncover the fact that the Mercury Maxim chatroom is a room dedicated to young fans of the popular Mercury Maxim kids' show.

It takes a little longer, but Jazz eventually finds a fellow runner a few blocks away that's willing to loan Jazz a cheap commlink with a sim mod and trodes if she needs 'em. He's asking for a deposit of 200 nuyen, of which he'd refund 175 if she returns the comm without it being damaged or infected.

"Five hundred for a meeting of likely no longer than thirty minutes ought to be worth anyone's time, Lady. I don't see why you've got to cut into my hard-earned salary. The money'll be wired into your account once you show up. The Ms. Johnson's expecting you at eleven hundred hours at the Mercury Maxim chatroom. Not your usual haunt, so I advise doing a little research before you show up. I know you- wouldn't want to show up in the wrong outfit, eh? If you know what I mean.

"Anyway, have fun. I'll catch you later. I've gotta go arrange another date for another friend of mine. Ta."

Rivi
2014-12-18, 01:52 PM
Cait starts her prep work by doing some basic matrix searches on the meeting place and then prep all her drones and gear.

Plerumque
2014-12-18, 05:31 PM
It doesn't take long for Cait to figure out what the Mercury Maxim chatroom is- a room dedicated to young fans of the popular Mercury Maxim kids' show.

WebTiefling
2014-12-18, 05:54 PM
Jazz haggled with the human for a bit before accepting the deal. The thing had obviously seen plenty of wear, but it would serve her purposes. She locked the door after him and settled into the chair, pulling on the set that would immerse her into this ... "Mercury Maxim" place, whatever it was.

Thirty seconds later she saw what Mercury Maxim was. "Oh drek," she muttered to herself. Her current avatar, a pretty generic form, would stick out like a sore thumb. Not something she wanted to do for this meeting. She was a mage in the Matrix - she was already behind the curve and she didn't want to be even more obvious.

She pulled back out of the place, and began working on herself to have a suitable skin - something cheap that any kid would have combined with something that would fit this MM. It wouldn't do anything to protect her if the drek really came down, obviously, but at least it wouldn't make her stick out like a sore thumb either.

Jazz will go get a skin to fit in. She doesn't care what, as long as it looks like it would fit either a fan of Mercury Maxim or at least looked like someone of the right demographic. If possible, get a female skin.

How much is it gonna cost? I don't even know what to roll for something like this.

Got it. Making a fit-in avatar.

Nocturno
2014-12-18, 08:48 PM
Jag spends about 10 minutes searching for the Mercury Maxim chatroom to get a feel for what is needed.

He really hopes it is nothing out of his element.

Plerumque
2014-12-19, 05:16 PM
It doesn't take long for Jag to figure out what the Mercury Maxim chatroom is- a room dedicated to young fans of the popular Mercury Maxim kids' show.

Nocturno
2014-12-19, 07:26 PM
Jagulaar then spends 20 minutes searching for the most loved character, then the second most loved character, and changes his avatar to a similar creation as that character, with the colour a few shades off.

He also studies some of the lingo in case someone tries to talk to him, and he makes a fake profile about how he really loves the most loved character, but really identifies with the second most loved character.

Then he shoots a message to his sister who get's his nephew to fill him in about all the most recent plot points.

"Sometimes I hate my job"he mutters.

Silent_p
2014-12-19, 09:01 PM
Once the call ended, Carlos spent several moments motionless, attempting to dredge up any information he might have on "Mercury Maxim".

Rolling "Area Knowledge: Seattle" [roll0]

He figured an additional matrix search couldn't hurt much and headed out to a local public access terminal in an attempt to garner anything further. He'd need to have a solid idea what he would be stepping into.

Plerumque
2014-12-19, 09:06 PM
Carlos can't quite recall anything about Mercury Maxim, other than perhaps having heard it mentioned before. Once he extends his search to the Matrix, however, it doesn't take long to determine that Mercury Maxim is a popular kids' show, and that it has an official chatroom dedicated to its young fans.

Rivi
2014-12-20, 01:39 PM
Cait decides to change her persona from its normal big black cat wreathed in blue flames to a cute cartoon cat in the style of the show, then log on to a similar board to the meeting place to see how to fit in once she logs into the real meeting

Silent_p
2014-12-21, 04:58 AM
The matrix search elicited a brief mental shrug from Carlos as he tried to get up to speed on some of the characters and plot points. Never know what might come in handy.

He picked a minor, uncontroversial character avatar from the show and, a few minutes early, entered the meeting room.

Plerumque
2014-12-21, 05:14 PM
Because life isn't complicated enough, you all are now surrounded by bouncing, energetic kids, all of whom think it is hilarious to pounce on any new icons that enter the room, or cover them with a sticky string-like substance. Some of the older kids seem content to toss virtual spitballs at one another, while still others huddle in corners debating the plot holes and logic of the Mercury Maxim trideo series. The younger kids run around dressed in icons of their favorite characters, be they heroes or villains, shooting one another with Bampf Guns or slapping one another with Thud Bats. None of the virtual weapons appear to be attack programs. The main chatroom is actually well designed to keep any of the kids from hacking the security and using real attack programs. Of course, it wouldn't stop a professional like you from taking over the reality here and changing the rules. It would take you some time, but the IC on this place isn't all that difficult compared to megacorp security. Since you are “dressed” appropriately, walking in and past the other kids is no big deal. A few of the brats try to engage you in their games, but you won’t get paid until you take the meet, so you wave them off and continue across the room to log into the private chatroom set up for you and your party. The node accepts your credentials, and your surroundings change, morphing from a playpen of destruction into a more sedate candy-shop motif. A pigtailed girl with black hair, manga-sized purple eyes, and a bright yellow-and-pink dress sits at a table, surrounded by six chairs. In her hands is a giant lollipop. When she sees your party- a selection of child icons, the reflections of popular characters from the show, and other cartoonish figures, she smiles. “I’m glad to see you fitting in. It bodes well for the nature of the mission I need completed. Please, have a seat." She uses the lollipop to gesture at the available chairs.

Nocturno
2014-12-21, 09:46 PM
Jag looks around at everyone and goes to take the seat to the right of Ms. Johnson.

Rivi
2014-12-22, 12:00 AM
cait soundlessly jumps on to one of the chairs and licks a paw clearly attentive but saying nothing for now peroticaly her persona fades sightly all but her teeth and cat eyes

Silent_p
2014-12-22, 05:01 AM
Highly amused at the setting and antics within, Carlos' avatar is grinning broadly as he takes his seat.
"This is delightful. Really beats the usual dark and dingy cloak and dagger drek."

He glances around at his colleagues before settling his gaze on their host, Ms Johnson.

ladydeath
2014-12-22, 11:49 AM
I realize not to push the money aspect I really need what I can get.
I search all my data bases and contacts to learn more about Mercury Maxim. Hoping i have found the right outfit.

Plerumque
2014-12-22, 01:10 PM
Within a few minutes, Ladydeath has discovered that the room is dedicated to young fans of the popular Mercury Maxim trideo show, and has logged on in an inconspicuous icon and joined the proceedings.

The girl continues to speak once everyone is settled. "My company is looking for some paydata on a certain corporate rival, but not the kind of data that can just be hacked from a server. This is information that requires an on-site presence and long-term investigation.

"You may have heard the rumors that Knight Errant is recruiting new members. This is your mission: Infiltrate Knight Errant and gather information on their training tactics and recruitment techniques. Record everything you can. Copy any proprietary data you can without getting caught. I need every piece of information you can possibly smuggle out, including images and information on the equipment used during training. You can keep a copy of the paydata for yourselves, but I require exclusive access to the data for two weeks. After that, you can do with it what you please, including selling it. If you manage to complete basic training without blowing your cover, my company will have additional work for you at a much higher rate.

"The pay is 5,000 nuyen each. It may not sound like much, but Ares will also be giving you a weekly paycheck, which of course is yours to do with as you please. Additionally, you will be supplied with top-notch credentials, specifically tailored for your skill set, to aid in your infiltration and hide any evidence of your true backgrounds. Feel free to talk this over amongst yourselves, but I need an answer from you before you leave."

Nocturno
2014-12-22, 08:57 PM
Jag looks over the group, he likes the idea of the job. But he wonders what everyone is bringing to the table.

Once some decides to open their mouth he will throw his lot with them.

Silent_p
2014-12-23, 04:26 AM
As Ms Johnson finishes her pitch, Carlos finds himself leaning forward with what would appear to be a comically serious expression on his avatar's face, given the setting.

"How long would we be doing this for? Correct me if I'm wrong, but you seem to be implying that this could be a very long-term arrangement." He sits back, spreading his hands in a peaceful gesture and smiling apologetically. "If that were the case, we would need more substantial negotiations, I should think."

Plerumque
2014-12-23, 01:46 PM
"Initially, I am hiring you only to go through the basic training. If you advance without blowing your cover, you will have the opportunity to contract for more extensive work, at, as I have said, a much higher rate. If you should choose to leave our employ, that would also be an option, albeit a much more profitless one. Basic training should take only a month or two, depending on how much you can impress them. Regardless, I need an answer before you leave."

Rivi
2014-12-23, 03:02 PM
"what about our gear while having my 15 drones around would make observation easier i don't imagine they will be ok with that unless your covers can account for that" cait said with a flick of her cat ear

Plerumque
2014-12-23, 03:55 PM
"I'm afraid not. You could likely smuggle a few smaller ones in, but I would advise against anything that could get you caught, as your payment goes down the drain with your cover."

Nocturno
2014-12-26, 11:39 PM
In a text to Carlos You look like someone who might be able to squeeze some juice from this lemon, if you can help me here with some extra cred, you won't regret it later.

Jag turns his avatar into a comic book type Ork, and remains to look interested.

ladydeath
2014-12-28, 05:12 PM
I am feeling comfortable with this job. I love a challenge. I can smuggle my whip in finger so I feel I can do this and not get caught

Plerumque
2014-12-28, 06:18 PM
After a few moments of contemplative silence, the girl clears her throat. "You will accept the job, then?"

Silent_p
2014-12-29, 05:46 AM
Carlos steeples his avatar's fingers as he notes a private message. Refraining from glancing around the room, he eyes Ms Johnson.

"You've been very clear and I think we can all appreciate that and your proposal is certainly intriguing. It should be acknowledged that your payment terms are generous." He smiles, moving his hands into a more relaxed, open clasping. "Of course, given the time investment and potential long-term commitment, a small, additional sweetener really would put the cherry on the pie - so to speak. An additional 1,000 nuyen for any unforeseen set-up expenses and a bonus of a further 1,500 on completion of basic training would be an modest addendum."

He continues to smile gently and fix the girl with an honest, expectant expression that clearly believes this to be a most appropriate settlement.

Negotiation: [roll0]

Plerumque
2014-12-29, 05:59 PM
"I'm afraid I'm not at liberty to provide that kind of additional recompense," the girl says calmly. "I regret if you feel that the sum I am offering to provide is unfair. Hopefully, the salary that will be provided by Ares will soothe some of your doubts, and if not that than the information you will acquire- which may in itself be profitable. If there are any unforeseen set-up expenses beyond your capability to handle, I will provide a way to contact me, but as I am in theory hiring you to be capable, such a thing should not come to pass. As for a bonus, if the information you provide is particularly spectacular, it is possible that we could come to some kind of arrangement. If you need yet more sweetener, I understand the candy here is free, and quite delicious if you have good enough senses." She licks the lollipop. "Now, may I move on to the particulars, or have I not yet convinced you?"

Nocturno
2014-12-29, 06:45 PM
Jag clears his throat. "I'm in."

Silent_p
2014-12-30, 04:32 AM
Carlos spreads his hands in surrender. "Of course, no hard feelings. And yes, count me in."

ladydeath
2014-12-30, 12:40 PM
" I am up for the challenge"

I am begin to play with my nails. I am in deep thought of what else I can smuggle out.

Rivi
2014-12-30, 08:37 PM
with a feline yawn cait says "good enough for me"

Plerumque
2015-01-02, 04:31 PM
"Very well," the girl says. "You will be traveling to Detroit, to Knight Errant Academy. I have set up an anonymous commlink account that you can send videos and electronic files to. I also have a drop box in Detroit. Any physical evidence or samples that you acquire can be left there, and you can send a message to the commlink with the subject of 'Pickup' to alert me that you have something. I would like for you to obtain a copy of the academy training manual, to record as much of the training and lessons as possible, to smuggle out any prototype equipment that you are given during training, to uncover information on your instructors, and to uncover as much detail about the academy's security as you can without blowing your cover." The request to open a new window unfolds before each of you.

KNIGHT ERRANT WANTS YOU!

Are you clever, intuitive, and good with puzzles?

Are you a risk taker?

Do you dream of a job with good pay and high recognition?

Knight Errant is seeking talented individuals with drive and ambition to succeed in the next phase of their life. Come join the world’s leading security firm in protecting the citizens of the Sixth World. Together, Knight Errant and you can change the world.

Be better, live better. Knight Errant is where you should be.

Attention Applicants:

All applicants must pass a physical and psychological exam.

Knight Errant supplies all recruits with weapons and armor. Any outside equipment will be confiscated until basic training is over.

No contraband is allowed at the academy. This includes, but is not limited to, BTLs, drugs, black-market goods, unapproved military gear, and stolen property.

Applicants understand that injuries and possible death are a normal part of any security training program and that such events can occur during the course of basic training. By applying to the Knight Errant Training Academy, you agree to abide by academy rules and absolve Knight Errant and its parent company Ares of any liability and responsibility in such circumstances. Knight Errant will pay a reasonable amount of medical expenses for any injuries sustained in the course of an officer’s normal duties.
"That's the advertisement they're using," she explains. "I'll send you the details on the commlink address and the drop box once you've arrived in Detroit. Any questions?"

Silent_p
2015-01-03, 07:15 AM
Carlos shakes his head to Ms Johnson's question and re-reads the recruitment ad thoughtfully.

He waits politely to see if any others have queries.

Nocturno
2015-01-03, 09:44 AM
"Do you know their view on cyberware?" Jag considers some of the implants he has, and starts to think about needing licensing.
"I'm interested, but I am not interested in becoming their biology project."

Plerumque
2015-01-03, 11:57 AM
"I shouldn't think they will be a problem, so long as you provide a reasonable explanation for their presence and are willing to submit to a medical exam."

Nocturno
2015-01-04, 10:38 PM
"Sounds fair enough. Let's get started." Jag says giving a toothy grin.

ladydeath
2015-01-05, 01:03 AM
I am confortable with the exams I have nothing to hide.

Thinking deeply feeling a bit nervous of my safety.

Plerumque
2015-01-05, 08:01 AM
"Then if there are no further questions, you are welcome to go. I advise making sure that you can find one another again after you leave the room, however. Good luck."

Rivi
2015-01-05, 10:47 PM
Cait msgs all others in the groupe "Well looks like we've got some work to do and as she says we shuld all meet thers a local watering hole i know of called CD's bar unless some one has a diffrent place in mind"she soots of the cowardanates with that Caits avatar faded to nothing but its smile and longed off

Silent_p
2015-01-06, 03:51 AM
Trying not to chuckle, Carlos manages to restrain himself to a pleasant grin as Cait fades away. "Well, how can we say no?"

Aiming to be the last to leave, he makes a show of double-checking the information provided by both Cait and Ms Johnson.

Nocturno
2015-01-08, 06:29 PM
Jag looks at each avatar and as he looks at them he sends them an address of an anonymous message centre.
"Leave a message here, and I will show up with bells on."

also added to the message to Carlos

"Eh you tried, all I can ask""

ladydeath
2015-01-08, 10:48 PM
Sounds like a deal. I hope it isnt too low class.

Silent_p
2015-01-09, 05:48 AM
Carlos fires back a quick message to Jag.

<Lost the battle but there are always other opportunities, my friend.> The message is accompanied by a cartoonish image of a smug face morphing into a cheeky grin with a wink.

Rivi
2015-01-11, 11:45 PM
cait pulls up to cds and parks her bike heading in she waves at Conner and he slides her usual down the bar a glass of milk and she settles in to chill until the rest of the crew arives

Nocturno
2015-01-12, 05:33 PM
Jag is not the type to wait around. He heads to the bar in question.

He looks around and sees something that resembles what he would think a crazy cat lady would look like.

"Cait I presume?"

Rivi
2015-01-12, 08:18 PM
cait sends back a grin "what gave it away was it the tail or the cat ear head phones" with out waiting for a reply she flags down Conner "i'm having a group in put it all on a tab for me and ill settle up at the end of the night oh and start me off with a burger" Conner nods and turns to start the order "you were the ork cartoon right, jag was it?"

Silent_p
2015-01-13, 05:42 AM
Following the directions provided, Carlos makes his way towards the venue. He takes his time and strolls around the block and casually checks for alternate entrances. Anyone he encounters gets a disarming smile as he moves along.

Largely satisfied, he heads for the main entrance and goes inside. Being met with a traditional pub atmosphere rather than the clubs he was used to is a pleasant change. He looks around and spots a likely duo.

"Hello there," he says with a grin as he reaches Cait and Jag. "Don't suppose you're Mercury Maxim fans?"

Nocturno
2015-01-14, 08:07 PM
To Cait:
"Yep that's me" he says with an amused look.
To Carlos:
"Don't be sayin' that too loud..." Jag grumbles. He shivers at the memory of the Mercury Maxim public host.
"By that smile I assume you must be our valiant negotiator."
Before Jag thinks he gives the sign of respect from the Cutter gang and sits back down.
"Barkeep, a burger sounds great, and a tall brew to go with it!"

ladydeath
2015-01-15, 10:26 PM
I head straight there thought I should mingle and get to know everyone and play my charm.

As I enter the bar I like the comfortable feeling that everyone is friends here. I like not having to dress up and fake who I am.

I walk over to the strange cat lady..

Hi, everyone! Nice to meet you.

Rivi
2015-01-16, 01:26 PM
cait looks around the group "lets grab a booth foods on me just tell them its on my tab" cait grabs a booth seat and Conner brings cait and jags food cait digs in with vigor (a little un-lady like). mouth sightly full she talks with a had over her mouth while finishing her bite "id like to know who im working with a bit and what skills we have at our disposal. im a sniper rigger and do some infiltration."

ladydeath
2015-01-17, 12:35 AM
I smile with delightful interest

I am a high end arts smuggler. I get jobs to retrieve expensive and rare artifacts.

Silent_p
2015-01-19, 06:48 AM
Carlos shrugs at Jag's observation and, with the new arrival, follows the group to a booth. He sits and looks around at the assembled group.

He quirks an eyebrow at Cait's blunt statement and the follow-up reply. "No time for idle pleasantries, then? Well, I imagine I'd describe myself best as a talker and, despite my earlier failure, I'm quite good at it." He gives the group a self-deprecating smile. "Of course, should things turn physical, I can handle myself... and perhaps one or two others." He finishes with a brief, suggestive grin which fades as he looks at Jag.

Nocturno
2015-01-19, 09:19 AM
"I specialize in the sparse moments when the drek hits the fan." Jag looks around.
"Have you seen the Neil the Ork Barbarian?" Jag shakes his head
"I'm the opposite. No sensationalism, only minor heroics, so make sure you don't stick out your neck too far." Jag shifts uneasily
"Enough about me, where's the food?" He looks around, hoping someone else starts talking.

Rivi
2015-01-21, 03:16 PM
Cait attentively listened to the group filing away for later “Well now that that’s out of the way what do you all think of this job and how we should proceed” she pauses dipping a fry in her ketchup “I’d like to see what info we can find on the training facility and any other ideas people have to keep us you know from not dying” she chopped the fry for emphases "my biggest concern it getting in gear without getting caught i had an idea on the way over of trying to get some gear in before "we" ever show up"

Silent_p
2015-01-22, 05:06 AM
Carlos chuckles at Jag. "Sparse? My friend, I wish I had your optimism - or is it luck?" He waves a hand, dismissing any need for a response.

He looks at Cait, sobering slightly as he nods along. "I feel that the better we do, the more leeway we'll be given. Like the teacher's pet, the other kids will hate us but we'll be management's little darlings." He pauses for a moment. "Smuggling a few items in beforehand is sensible but let's be realistic: essentials only, hmm?"

"I can also ask around about former trainees. Maybe chat a few up. I imagine the failures will be only thrilled to dish the dirt, so to speak."

Nocturno
2015-01-23, 04:16 PM
"Let me know if you need some cover when going to speak to the washouts, I would think some don't live the life of luxury."says Jag with a smirk, as he slowly recalls how un-sparse those moments are.

"Most people I know make a living avoiding KE, so I doubt any of my contacts will be of help; But I should be able to support anything we need to get ready.

Jag takes a long pull from his drink.

ladydeath
2015-01-23, 10:26 PM
I think we should be on our best behaviour as well.I can at least take in my monofilament whip. not much but an added comfort. I have a nice little spot in my finger for it

Rivi
2015-01-26, 08:52 PM
nodding intern Cait says "ya keeping a low profile is probably a good idea but we also don't want to be to perfect a candidate gota blend in. i also like the idea of finding a patsy we can turn in at some point to shift suspicion"

Silent_p
2015-01-29, 06:35 AM
Carlos smiles at Jag. "Sounds like a plan. You can be intimidation while I'm charm or we can mix it up, if needs be. Two heads better than one and all that."

He nods slightly as the others make their suggestions. "We'll all have to keep an eye out for a likely candidate," he replies, as Cait finishes. "A bad patsy can bite the hand that pushed them."

Nocturno
2015-02-02, 02:14 PM
"I don't need any gear other than what I have installed." Jag runs a mental inventory of all his implants.
"I am kind of hoping to get some experience with some weapons I don't normally use." he smirks when he thinks of the stun baton.

"Shall we start cracking, er coaxing some former recruits?

ladydeath
2015-02-02, 10:51 PM
"I like the idea of a patsy as well" My faint smile starts to show.
"I think I have all the gear I need on me"

Rivi
2015-02-04, 10:01 AM
cait smiles liking the plan so far "sounds like were good to go ill do some reconnaissance on the academy when we get to Detroit." looking at her empty plate she frowns sullenly leaning out of the booth she flags down Tess the waitress and orders another burger "im going to hang her for a bit"

Nocturno
2015-03-14, 08:21 AM
Jag finishes his drink and sends a message to everyone since they seem to be off in space.

Contact me @ "Message service 13" when everyone is ready to go.

He then walks out to pack a bag.

Rivi
2015-03-15, 09:20 AM
Cait spends the night drinking and partying. She ends up sleeping with a guy who live upstairs from the bar. In the morning she heads home to pack and ready her gear.