PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Epic Spells, pre-epic

Extra Anchovies
2014-12-13, 04:02 AM
Is there any way to get epic spells without Epic Spellcasting? In particular, I want Nailed to the Sky (for a space station; see here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?387930-GitP-Builds-a-Space-Station) for more). Can I get it as a ritual/incantation/one-use effect, or is this "ask your DM" territory?

AnonymousPepper
2014-12-13, 04:06 AM
Ask your DM territory, I think. The rules for Ritual Magic don't cover epic spells, pretty sure.

However, you could read it off a stone tablet, but... that would require there to be an epic spellcaster who not only knows the spell but is also willing to spend his one recording of it by giving it to you.

ThisIsZen
2014-12-13, 04:26 AM
Look into Incantations, from UA. It's still wholly 'ask your DM' territory like basically anything related to epic magic, even in epic games, buuut it is worth considering, and basically runs on a stripped-down version of the Epic spellcasting system with a bit less structure. It may be able to accomplish the task you're looking for.

Uncle Pine
2014-12-13, 04:35 AM
In a strictly RAW environment, I think you could fulfill the skill requirements using one of the infinite HD tricks (like transforming into a barghest with assume natural ability) and the spell requirement with a Faustian pact. But it's unlikely to fly at any table (which seems to be the point of your other thread) and you wouldn't really accomplish this pre-epic, as you'd have more than 20 HD.