PDA

View Full Version : Blackguard: What to do if I get a lot of Turning Attempts.

Snowbluff
2014-12-13, 11:18 PM
Thread title. Considering a Gestalt Blackguard mounted/Iai build with a Wyvern servant for a fluffy character. I'm going to end up taking some Binder for some more save penalties. If I end up binding Tenebrous, what cool things can I do beyond typical devotion and DMM stuff may I do?

Tentative gestaltbuild: Invisible Fist Monk2/Something/IaijutsuMaster5//Paladin2/Blackguard10(Double PrC possibly grandfathered in via BG prog rules, PrC rules may be ignored for the hypothetical game) with some binder somewhere.

Red Fel
2014-12-13, 11:44 PM
Divine Metamagic isn't the only Divine feat, ya know. Admittedly, most are rather rubbish, but a few have some appeal.

Let me see... Blackwater Invocation is a cute trick - burn a TU to infuse a 30-foot radius of water with negative energy for 10 minutes, making it black and creepy and causing it to deal 1d6 nonlethal damage on a failed save. But the real benefit is this: Those in the affected area gain concealment. Now picture your Blackguard (who, as someone who can channel negative energy, is immune to the effect) rising from the dark, murky waters, concealed from his attackers, ready for murder.

Divine Justice is kind of nice, if you plan to go one-on-one with some heavy hitters. Burn a TU and select an opponent; the next time he strikes you, record the damage; the next time you strike him, deal either your damage or his, whichever is greater.

Divine Might is a simple damage boost; burn a TU and add your Cha to your weapon damage for one round.

Divine Vigor is also useful; burn a TU, gain +10 feet speed and +2 temp HP/class level. Great if you're in a bad way and need to make a hasty retreat.

Divine Warrior is fun if you don't want to bother to add the Unholy property to your weapon; burn a TU and it becomes Unholy until your next turn. Alternatively, Glorious Weapons lets you burn a TU to grant the melee weapons of all allies - yourself included - the Evil property for DR purposes.

Here's a deliciously nasty one. Profane Lifeleech. Burn a TU and deal 1d6 to all living creatures within 30 feet; you are healed by damage dealt.

Snowbluff
2014-12-14, 12:05 AM
Oh, those are nice. Profane Lifeleech sounds crazy interesting. I wish it did more. :o

Blackhawk748
2014-12-14, 02:26 AM
Oh, those are nice. Profane Lifeleech sounds crazy interesting. I wish it did more. :o

I speak from experience, its a lot of fun and can give you some great heals if your fighting thrash mobs.