PDA

View Full Version : doomsday archive : when universe lose

With a box
2014-12-14, 08:33 AM
Let's say a archmage gulid (20th wizards, and a lot of ice assassins of them) declare war to divine magic user, and they replyed by army of solars.
Obviously, the Prime matraial (if not entire universe) will burn in middle.
you, 20th StP erudite, thinks this war is stupid and want to save many as possible/ stop war before it start if possible.
(diplomacy already failed, if you want to stop it, you need to do it by force)

What would you do in this situation?

Uncle Pine
2014-12-14, 08:48 AM
Let's say a archmage gulid (20th wizards, and a lot of ice assassins of them) declare war to divine magic user, and they replyed by army of solars.
Obviously, the Prime matraial (if not entire universe) will burn in middle.
you, 20th StP erudite, thinks this war is stupid and want to save many as possible/ stop war before it start if possible.
(diplomacy already failed, if you want to stop it, you need to do it by force)

What would you do in this situation?

Teleport Through Time to when the great greatfathers and great greatmothers of those archmages were infants, Scry and kill them, resurrect them as zombies and kill them again.

Inevitability
2014-12-14, 11:27 AM
Extended Persisted Divine Metamagic Time Stop. Go build a colossal Dead Magic demiplane, cut of from all that might be harmful to humanity. Arrange for a cohort with Spell Stowaway to Wish you back to the PMP, then Wish everyone on earth into your plane. Add food, water, air, animals, and everything else you can think off.

Now you have a virtual 'new' earth, while simultaneously ensuring history won't repeat itself.

atemu1234
2014-12-14, 11:40 AM
Extended Persisted Divine Metamagic Time Stop. Go build a colossal Dead Magic demiplane, cut of from all that might be harmful to humanity. Arrange for a cohort with Spell Stowaway to Wish you back to the PMP, then Wish everyone on earth into your plane. Add food, water, air, animals, and everything else you can think off.

Now you have a virtual 'new' earth, while simultaneously ensuring history won't repeat itself.

Your plan lacks Pun-Pun. Son, I am disappoint.

Renen
2014-12-14, 04:01 PM
The engrish!!!

Also, if I remember correctly Time stop isn't persistable.

Forrestfire
2014-12-14, 04:06 PM
Teleport Through Time to when the great greatfathers and great greatmothers of those archmages were infants, Scry and kill them, resurrect them as zombies and kill them again.

That'd actually not do much, since the multiverse's timeline self-corrects for paradoxes (outlined in the spell's description). It would snap the universe to something that looks similar but has small (or major) changes. Grandfather paradoxes, for example, are noted to cause you and your parents to be born to a different family.

(of course, messing with time has its own host of problems, which can be found in one of the 2e books. I think it was Chronomancer. Paradoxes and time storms get nasty at the center of it, even if the universe as a whole corrects for it)

eggynack
2014-12-14, 04:07 PM
The engrish!!!
Quite. These threads tend to be rather difficult to parse.

Also, if I remember correctly Time stop isn't persistable.
It's a bit ambiguous, though I tend to think that the interpretations where it's not legal are more accurate to RAW.

Renen
2014-12-14, 04:51 PM
I could be wrong, but I remember seeing errata that clarified that you are supposed to go by the "real" time and not apparent time. Thus it not qualifying. Something like that...

eggynack
2014-12-14, 04:57 PM
I could be wrong, but I remember seeing errata that clarified that you are supposed to go by the "real" time and not apparent time. Thus it not qualifying. Something like that...
I don't think so, no. The arguments against it working do come from the "apparent" in the duration though.