PDA

View Full Version : Horde gullet spell

maniacalmojo
2014-12-14, 10:47 AM
While browsing different dragon books to make a sorcerer for a campaign i came across the spell horde gullet which basically turns your gut into a bag of holding but in order to retrieve anything from it you have to in essence vomit everything back up. Anyone do anything fun or interesting with it? I was thinking it would be funny to vomit enough marbles to completely fill it to capacity or something.

Necroticplague
2014-12-14, 11:12 AM
Useful for wizards who need to protect their spellbook. Puke it up at the beginning of the day, prepare from it, then cat hoard gullet again to swallow it back.

Inevitability
2014-12-14, 11:21 AM
Put a few constructs/undead in there. Especially if your DM likes the old 'anti-magic cell' trope.

atemu1234
2014-12-14, 11:38 AM
Put a few constructs/undead in there. Especially if your DM likes the old 'anti-magic cell' trope.

That sounds... messy.

Invisible Gullet Horde, anyone?

Cruiser1
2014-12-14, 08:04 PM
Useful for wizards who need to protect their spellbook. Puke it up at the beginning of the day, prepare from it, then cat hoard gullet again to swallow it back.
Hoard Gullet is a risky spell. One successful Dispel Magic and your goodies tumble to the ground at your feet. Bad news for your spellbook if it happens while you're flying over a volcano. Hoard Gullet is good for transferring hoards of small items, such as all those 1000's of silver pieces in that dragon hoard you gained control of.

Rijan_Sai
2014-12-15, 01:16 AM
Hoard Gullet is a risky spell. One successful Dispel Magic and your goodies tumble to the ground at your feet. Bad news for your spellbook if it happens while you're flying over a volcano. Hoard Gullet is good for transferring hoards of small items, such as all those 1000's of silver pieces in that dragon hoard you gained control of.

Just a quick note, but I'm pretty sure that, unless you have some form of Ex flight, you probably have more to worry about at that moment then your spellbook...
Then again, you are a wizard...

atemu1234
2014-12-15, 07:54 AM
Just a quick note, but I'm pretty sure that, unless you have some form of Ex flight, you probably have more to worry about at that moment then your spellbook...
Then again, you are a wizard...

Not really, as you'd be spitting out your spellbook before you can cast Dimension Door.

sleepyphoenixx
2014-12-15, 08:54 AM

There's a reason dispel protection is on the "things you need to get" list, especially when you rely on magic for 90% of your class features.

For the construct/undead thing, you actually need to be able to swallow the item in question (3 or more size categories smaller than you, iirc). The spellbook already needs a Shrink Item to fit but there's no way you're going to fit in a few golems or zombies no matter the capacity, at least not as a medium creature without shapechanging.

kalasulmar
2014-12-15, 09:19 AM
There's a reason dispel protection is on the "things you need to get" list, especially when you rely on magic for 90% of your class features.

For the construct/undead thing, you actually need to be able to swallow the item in question (3 or more size categories smaller than you, iirc). The spellbook already needs a Shrink Item to fit but there's no way you're going to fit in a few golems or zombies no matter the capacity, at least not as a medium creature without shapechanging.

I smell Sarrukh-scaled one of Toril-ability rip-swallow whole hijinx brewing. Or a behir sorcerer with minions being vomited about?

Uncle Pine
2014-12-15, 10:53 AM
I smell Sarrukh-scaled one of Toril-ability rip-swallow whole hijinx brewing. Or a behir sorcerer with minions being vomited about?

A 3rd level (Wizard or Sorcerer) venerable dragonwrought kobold (a Colossal character) can safely swallow up to 300 pounds and/or 30 cubic feet of Medium or smaller minions with the Hoard Gullet spell. No need to use Sarrukh or Toril shenanigans. Or to argue whether or not dragonwrought kobolds are true dragons, either.