PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Need help to know how to evolve my beguiler in a zombie apocalypse world

sami4400
2014-12-14, 01:58 PM
I am playing a human Beguiler level 2 in a zombie apocalypse setting. My two feats are Obtain familiar and obtain improved familiar, so i have a hellhound puppy(nerfed hellhound that wil get his stats adjsuted to normal when i am level 5, since normally i couldnt have a hellhound pet right off the bat).

Since the beggining of the campaign we have been dealing with hordes of mindless zombies and once we fought a chain devil. But as a merchant beguilers with high charisma and lots of bluff i have been feeling very useless, i would like help to know how i am going to progress my character so i can be useful in this world.

I could note that he is very revengeful and once used ghost sound to lure zombies to a shelter that refused his entry.

nedz
2014-12-14, 02:13 PM
Silent Image is your best only spell for this job at this level. They're mindless, therefore they will believe anything.

sami4400
2014-12-14, 02:16 PM
That's my tool for now, but the zombies arent going to cease any time soon, so i want help to plan ahead, as in which feats or prestige classes could benefit me

nedz
2014-12-14, 02:28 PM
Your best tool would be a more imaginative DM — however this (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=2322) is the Beguiler Handbook which contains answers to all sorts of questions like this.

This is what it has to say on this subject.

Undead. Undead are really difficult in that no enchantment spells, sleep, hold, pw:stun, pw:kill, or whelm spells will work against them. They are immune to all mind-affecting spells, sleep, paralysis, nonlethal damage, ability damage, stunning, spells with fortitude saves, and death effects. These will pretty much be your worst nightmare, so if you're impersonating a cleric make sure you don't get shipped out to fight ghouls.

Undead can still be tricked by illusion spells, but some intelligent undead also have true seeing.
A simple ‘Hide from Undead’ scroll might save your hide.
TL;DR: Max out your UMD skill — luckily you have some Charisma, which will help here.

There are other options though: If you have Wisdom then you can grab Arcane Disciple for some cleric spells, there are several domains which help. In fact, this is so good: take it several times if you can.

sami4400
2014-12-14, 02:55 PM
Arcane disciple domain of protection will be my way to go, thanks for the help

nedz
2014-12-14, 04:42 PM
I'm not sure I would go with protection, but there are other options.

What source books are open for domains ? There is a fairly comprehensive list of domains here (http://home.comcast.net/~ftm3/ASMoNM/domains.html).

One of the drawbacks of AD is that you need a Patron Deity and you can only grab their domains — for one feat each.

sami4400
2014-12-14, 05:14 PM
Aparently i read the spells of the domain from a wrong place, the one i would choose would be the strength domain