PDA

View Full Version : Warblade's Weapon Aptitude + Weapon Finesse = legal?

LentilNinja
2014-12-14, 05:08 PM
I was reading Weapon Aptitude and seeing people state it works with stuff like "Lightning Maces" and such. The question is, can it work with Weapon Finesse?

gawwy
2014-12-14, 05:40 PM
I believe Weapon Aptitude applies to singular weapon types (like maces) not to groups of weapons (like light weapons).

Can you paste the text for weapon aptitude in? im away from my books and cant read the text to confirm.

Thiyr
2014-12-14, 05:55 PM
Note: when people are talking about aptitude in connection with lightning maces, it is the weapon property later in the book, not the class feature. With that in mind, it would work with the weapon property (as it let's the weapon count as other types of weapons iirc), but not the class feature (which lets you change a variable in chosen feats. You need to have made a choice of weapon in the first place).

DMVerdandi
2014-12-14, 06:21 PM
One of the best uses for weapon aptitude is learning Exotic weapon proficiency.
Now you can use all weapons as proficient.

Chronos
2014-12-14, 07:08 PM
Well, one of them at a time, at least. You'd still need to spend the time exercising at the start of the day to change which weapon you're proficient with. And if you even have multiple exotic weapons, you're likely to want to switch between them more often than that.