PDA

View Full Version : Is this legit?

jlousivy
2007-03-28, 11:49 AM
When using the psi power Telekinetic thrust it says you can send arrows that would deal damage as daggers as their size.. so at lvl 10 you can send 10 arrows, and have them each be 25 pounds... so

20 medium sized arrows weigh 3 pounds
10 medium sized arrows weigh 1.5 pouds
10 large sized arrows weigh 3 pounds
10 giant sized arrows weigh 6 pounds
10 huge sized arrows weigh 12 pounds
10 gargantuan arrows weigh 24 pounds
10 collossal arrows weigh 48 pounds.

^^^That i didn't find any weight rules past large so i just assumed it kept just increasing by x2..

Is my logic wrong? or (assuming you carry around a ton of collossal arrows) is this a really good DD spell(for a DD spell)

bosssmiley
2007-03-28, 12:04 PM
If you have to ask... (then you're probably twisting the intended meaning). :smallamused:

Draco Ignifer
2007-03-28, 12:07 PM
It's legit, but you can do better. Collosal daggers only do 3d6 per attack. If you use Bastard Swords, on the other hand, you can upgrade them to huge, and do 3d8, or use collossal sianghams to do 4d6. Of course, the optimum item is the mithril bastard sword, doing 4d8, but since they cost 12,000 each, you're going to have to settle for 1.5 less damage per level.

The logistics of carting around 160-240 pounds of artillery, however, are left entirely to you. As are the procurement methods, unless you happen to fight a bunch of titan monks.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-03-28, 02:04 PM
The logistics of carting around 160-240 pounds of artillery, however, are left entirely to you. As are the procurement methods, unless you happen to fight a bunch of titan monks.

Take Leadership and get a Metashaper Cohort to stand behind you making ammo?

Then again, I don't know enough about Psionics for this. I did make a Prc once that could make weapons out of thin air so you could just keep throwing them.

argentsaber
2007-04-01, 07:29 AM
arrows could be produced in bulk with Fabricate......

PinkysBrain
2007-04-01, 01:15 PM
Bolts are lighter than arrows. Darkwood bolts are even lighter.

Personally I rule that weapons above colossal don't increase in damage (it's not in conflict with RAW, just an interpretation of it, the DMG table doesn't go beyond colossal). Even then, at 4d6 per bolt it's a pretty potent combo.