PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Duo Archivists: Combo Ideas Needed

A.A.King
2014-12-14, 09:07 PM
A friend of mine had the idea of together playing twin archivists. It's pretty nice, you basically get twice the spells (since you'd just copy from each other) and you can divide between you the types of knowledge skills you max. However what's still needed is a fighting style which benefits from the prepared combo. Some kind of spell combos which are extra nice because they are pulled of twice as fast. However I'm not well versed in possible spellcombos, which is why I'm here.

Does the playground know of any good spell combinations which get an extra benefit from being cast by two different casters?
Combos which rely only on cleric spells are best

tuesdayscoming
2014-12-14, 09:27 PM
Hmm. Perhaps have the two focused on complementary, individually-viable strategies rather than a more traditional "combo."

Where my mind immediately jumps is: Archivist A focuses on standard God Wizard tactics (buffing, debuffing, etc.), and Archivist B focuses on minion-mancy of various sorts. Have A pick up Bardic Music (see Dragon 314 for Heartfire Fanner), Urban Savant (Cityscape), and similar. Have B grab Leadership, Wild Cohort, and the like. Go to town with your combined magical forces.

You could also have the team play off the "gotta-catch-'em-all" mindset of archivists by expanding the number of "divine spells" extant in the world. Crafting shenanigans to make divine scrolls of arcane spells. I'd probably do this by having Archivist B (minion guy) pick up a dip in Spell-to-Power Erudite, and using Chameleon Crafting to make psionic versions of the archivists' divine spells, and divine versions of their psionic powers (which would include all arcane spells).

Yeah. I think that's probably what I'd do.