PDA

View Full Version : Goblins: the Exodus (iteration=7) IC

Mordae
2014-12-15, 11:03 AM
OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?388366-Goblins-the-Exodus-(iteration-7)-OOC)

The caves seemed an ideal home for the nation of Goblins. Having slogged their way through the Sickening Swamps, the families had emerged victories on the far side and found a place yet untouched by Man or Dwarf. Food and wood were plentiful in the nearby forest, and goblin numbers flourished like never before. Unfortunately, their saga of hardship had chapters yet unwritten...

In the darkness of a moonless night, the mountain rumbled like the thunder of the Great Goblin Gods, shaking rocks from the cavern ceilings and threatening to crumble their home around them like a tomb.The shamans knew not why the Gods had angered so, but there was only one choice: run, run, as fast as you can! And maybe grab some shinies on the way out? And then try to stay alive, night by cold night.

A long, lonely walk awaits the survivors, down the narrow neck into the valley, away from the thundering rock but into the unknown

Turn 1

Objective: Run Away!

Deadline: Monday, January 5, 1200 EST. NOTE: If everyone is done with this turn by 12/20, I will post another turn before going on holiday.

Resources: None; avalanche debris.

Special: Grab and go! Take 2 resource units of any kind to represent what your family can scoop up and carry in their arms.

Weekly Challenge

Well, you can run as fast as you can, or you can be greedy goblins and try to horde as much as you can before fleeing the caverns. If you want to press your luck against the avalanche and test the Great Goblin Gods, choose additional resources and/or tools to lug along. But waiting slows you down, and lugging more stuff slows you down further.

If you choose this path, roll 1d6 against the sum total of the extra resources and tools you're carrying along. (Tools count as resources equal to half the crafting cost, rounded up.) If your roll matches or exceeds your greed, congratulations! You manage to get away unscathed with loot to boot. If your roll is less than your greed, take Damage equal to the difference (max 5).

LuckyStrike
2014-12-15, 11:39 AM
Sheila knows her kin are cowardly, and she herself would like to hightail out of there asap. But this is a chance to good to pass up.
She shouts and screams, bullies and curses her family members into action.

'To arms!!! To arms!!!!We're under attack!!!'

-moments later:
'This ain't no fight.. rats.. Run boys Run!!!!

'Get dem choppers you lazy gitz!!!'
'Follow empty handed and I'll have yer fingers for a necklace!!'
'And I'll be eating meat tonight or I'll slit all yer throats!!!!!!'

Turn:

-Run forest!
-1 food
-1 tool: (axe)

Food=1
Axe= 1.5 => 2

3 or higher..

Daddy needs a new pair of shoes:
[roll0]

And 2 wood as resource choice

Surgate
2014-12-15, 12:07 PM
Skog knew getting out was most important, but the Ashghosts weren't about to leave behind perfectly useful supplies as unintentional sacrifices to the Great Gobbo Gods. Skog's 'mummified' hand pointed at their stash of Axes, rousing the attention of the panicking, red, ash tattooed goblins seeking instruction. "Fetch Ashghost Axes, we be in good shape for journey." Skog clutched his own obsidian axe, strange and bloodstained, and indicated the exit. One of the red goblins grabbed a crafting reserve, and another carried a portion of food in a desperate dine and dash maneuver.

"Last one out is a flat goblin! Time to play escape a rocky death!"

For all his jests, Skog took his clan's survival seriously, and wouldn't risk more than their trade tools.

-Axe 1.5

Rolling for 2 or higher

-If the special means we can grab 2 resources without penalty before the extra tool (My axe ) then
-1 Food
-1 Crafting Reserve

[roll0]

Kensen
2014-12-15, 12:57 PM
Ur-Klan

A bald, yellow-eyed goblin started shouting orders to his kinsfolk.

"Quick, grab food and firewood. You, get that axe!"

Grabbed 1 food and 1 wood.

Attempt to grab an axe (3): [roll0]
Edit: And +1 wood.

Farmerbink
2014-12-15, 02:02 PM
Turn 1: Run Away!

As the caverns start quaking, Bink Brighteye looks around his hovel. Bugger it all, not again! Grab your junk and scram, gobbers! This whole place is gonna come down on top of us! YOU THERE, DON'T YOU DARE LEAVE MY HAMMER BEHIND! Trusting his underlings to do as their told, Bink doesn't dare risk his own hide, and scampers to the exits!

Special: 1 food, 1 wood

Weekly Challenge: Go big or go home! Bink's underlings do indeed scramble back into the wiley chieftain's chamber and grab his awesome hammer! 10/2= target 5+ [roll0] c'maaaaan!

BOOM! Headshot! :smallbiggrin:

Grim ranger
2014-12-15, 02:08 PM
As the catastrophe unfolded around them, Kur analyzed the situation with cold practicality, deciding upon a course of action that would likely be most beneficial for his kin. It would pose it's dangers, but he knew that without some of their much-needed equipment his family would not possibly survive. So he'd simply have to make the dangerous choice and hope that his family would not end up losing too many members to the calamity.

"Get the bows, as well as firewood and the reserve munitions" Kur ordered curtly, leading his family in beginning to secure the supplies before sprinting away as fast as his legs could carry him when the danger became too much for them.

Picking 2 wood up from special and also being greedy to snatch Bow and one unit of Food. It is risky, but my family can fend for itself if it works! I'll just need 3 or higher...

[roll0]

neriractor
2014-12-15, 02:12 PM
abel armstrong

wanted to get his tribe out as soon as any good leader would, the soldiers are prepared for this kind of situation and they quickly took some food from the storehouse and some wood that was left from the destroyed houses; but thyen he saw whgat appeared to be a tool stash he quickly got a small unit and tried to grab a bow and a spear praiyng to the gods than no goblin will be hurted

resources: wood 1 ,food 1

extra stuff:bow(2)
spear(2)

(1d6)

how do you make die rolls?:smallredface:

Old_Man
2014-12-15, 03:15 PM
Git was impressed by the speed his family filed out of the cave, but they carried only a few meager belongings. "By the Goblin God's shorties, the whole mountain is coming down!" He watched as other tribes rushed from the caves. They seemed to have some larger bundles. "Betty, what do we have with us?" Git asked his cousin.
"Not much Chief, but the wood-sledge is near the lower entrance."
Git looked at the crumbling cliff face. "OK, I'll take the boys and get it. You keep everyone else moving."
Git raced back inside hoping they still had time.

Special: 1 food, 1 wood

Weekly Challenge: 1 sled(5), 1 axe (3) total (8)
Need 4+
[roll0]

Old_Man
2014-12-15, 03:18 PM
OOC- where is my roll? Try again [roll0]

Kensen
2014-12-15, 03:46 PM
Ur-Klan

The goblins of the Ur-Klan manage to escape without any casualties, but they only had time to grab a few bundles of firewood, some food, and an axe. And damn, it was cold outside.

"Why is it always winter here..."

The Ur-Klan builds a small fire (-2 wood). "All goblins are welcome to stay at our fire, but please bring more wood or at least some food if you do!" (Requesting 1 resource from each family that stays at the fire, 2 more wood are needed to make it a bigger fire!)

Old_Man
2014-12-15, 05:05 PM
Git Rat-ear felt he was very fortunate to escape the crumbling caves without harm. His family moved to a safe distance and looked for shelter for the rest of the night.

Git steped into the campfire's light and looked around for the leader. "Turon, I followed the light of your fire and wish you to share it with the Redhands. We left much behind, but we have wood to add to the blaze or to save for later."

ooc- trade 1 wood for night's fire

LuckyStrike
2014-12-15, 05:11 PM
The Scumborn too would like to warm ourselves. Sheila declares, matter of factly.

One more resource in wood is dropped at the Ur clan

Grim ranger
2014-12-15, 05:25 PM
Deciding to keep themselves warm, the Bonechains build a small fire out of their resources, having just enough firewood and emergency rations to remain comfortable. They also call the Ashghosts to share their fire.

Building small fire (-2 wood) and inviting Ashghosts there.

Kensen
2014-12-15, 05:27 PM
Though Turon is mounted on Ambaa, his cougar mount, he has to straighten his back a bit look the tall goblin straight in the eyes. "Git Rat-Ear," he said and paused briefly, then nodded, "yes, the Redhands are welcome at our fire." A little later, the Scumborn arrive. "You are also welcome, brothers."

(+2 wood; fire is now large)

Later that evening, when everyone is seated around the fire and the goblins are eating the food they managed to grab before the cave collapsed, Turon and two other goblins go mingle with their new neighbors, the Redhands. "Wise warriors, I hear you like riddles. Do you know any good ones?"

Surgate
2014-12-15, 05:31 PM
The Ashghosts happily join the Bonechains, warming food and sharing crude jokes. Their Scarred Shaman offered a thankful nod as he joins the others around the flame, its light dancing in those red eyes of his; mind adrift with thoughts for the future.

-Ashghosts join Bonechain's Fire

Farmerbink
2014-12-15, 06:10 PM
Bink Brighteye approaches Abel Armstrong as the Ironhide clan emerges from the rubble, seeking to create a fire and perhaps spark a friendship.

neriractor
2014-12-15, 06:17 PM
the ironhides got out with no harm and several tools but they feel cold and need protection from the dangers of nightime;they see some light in the distance and head to a small bonfire, Abel looks for goblins in the hope the rest of the families survived "¡kur!¡skog! is nice to see than your families got out unharmed. ¿may i ask you to let the ironhides rest in the safety of your camp?, I myself have some spare wood than i would gladly give to make the fire even bigger"

trades 1 wood for a spot in the large boonfire than will (hopefully) be formed soon

Omegonthesane
2014-12-15, 06:44 PM
The Rockfangs panicked, purely and simply, taking all the food they could carry and hardly thinking for warmth. Their art had been painted on the cave walls, and now it would be gone, left behind them in their haste to not die.

What would not be left behind was an ancient tool of destruction left in the back of the armoury, a weird black thing made out of materials the Rockfangs no longer understood, which had been nice and sharp for generations despite a lack of proper maintenance. Normal goblins would have left it behind, but the Rockfangs had understood and complied when the High Shaman of Dust informed them - their lives were replaceable, Botono was not.

Some of those who spent so long searching the armoury paid for it with their lives, but the family as a whole made it out alive. They lacked for warmth, and approached the great bonfire made by the Ur-Klan, offering such payment as they could - now was not a time for petty infighting, and in any case they had lost many, enough that Botono might not turn battle to their side.

~~~

Crunch:
Taking 2 food as safe resources.
Taking Botono, the Awesome Spear, for 4 Greed. Need a 4+ to do so safely.
[roll0]
Nope! Rockfangs take 1 damage.
Offering trade to the Bonechains Ur-Klan - 1 food, for a spot at the large fireplace.

Old_Man
2014-12-15, 06:55 PM
The Redhands lounged despondently around the fire saddened by the loss of their beautiful caves. Git gave a jump at the near silent approach of the small, cat-like leader of the Ur-Klan.
"Riddles? Oh yes, we know a few. This is something we share tonight." Git sat back and spread his arms in the traditional riddle pose before speaking in a formal tone.
"I have no legs and yet I dance,
I have no lungs and yet I breathe,
No life have I to live and die
And yet I do all three."
The Redhands lean forward in anticipation of the other goblin's answer.

Kensen
2014-12-16, 02:35 AM
Turon scratched his head, muttering to himself.. "dancing.. drunk gobbos, no... they live, can't be that..." For a moment, he only stared at the fire. "Dancing, breathing... THE FLAMES, THE FIRE!" Pointing at the fire, he excitedly exclaimed again: "FLAMES!"

Fremen
2014-12-16, 12:14 PM
Rattlebones

Though the bones cast had portented ill, none of the spirits had whispered the extent of the calamity to Tok. Had they not sacrificed enough? Had the offerings of blood and bone been insufficient even for a warning?

Sadly, these were all matters for a later time. At the moment, danger had presented itself, and, miffed though he was, Tok was not going to let his frustration with the beings beyond lead to the complete destruction of his family.

"Shaman," came the exhausted voice of Gomm, one of the aspiring hunters of the clan. "Our home... our relics... why do spirits do this?"

Tok rounded on him with a hiss, with Gomm narrowing ducking beneath the sweep of the staff. "Questions! Impudent questions!"

Gomm cowered back, afraid to invoke further ire from the spirit world through their medium.

"Get food! Get wood!" Tok snarled.

Gomm looked about at the devastation in mild confusion. "From... where?"

Tok rolled his eyes and stabbed a gnarled finger at the unstable wreckage behind them. Gomm quickly his his worried thoughts and nodded in quiet resignation as he set out.

"And bring tools enough to craft a hammer worthy of the spirits!" he barked at the retreating figure.

Inwardly he sighed, knowing that his family would now be hard pressed to survive in a world without the stability and comfort that had been afforded them. They would need allies to survive...

He looked away from the destruction, at the glowing fires that had begun to spring up. There, he thought, lies the will of the spirits. A quick inspection of the families saw the majority of the more combative families huddled around a large fire - Tok recognized the Scumborn, the Redhands, and the Rockfangs beside the more imperious Ur-Klan.

Seeking to make the best impression, he gathered those few not scouring the dangers for the required supplies, and from the ruins he gathered soot and ash, and, whispering the words that would appease those beyond, adorned his family in swirling patterns of their faith. Donning what few bone talismans and feather fetishes he had retained, Tok led his clan to the fire, his tall figure jingling softly as he walked.

"Greetings of the spirits of the Rattlebones," he gestured to the assembled families. "Your fire is large - we would make offerings to join it."

On cue, one of the younger family members scurried forth, his arms full of wood.

"The fire needs no wood, but to its crafters, we give tribute." Tok waved at the youth to present the gift of wood to Turon Yellow-Eyes. "May the spirits protect you."

Safe Resources:
1 Wood
1 Food

Greed
1 Awesome Hammer (5)

[roll0]

Mordae
2014-12-16, 03:17 PM
OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?388366-Goblins-the-Exodus-(iteration-7)-OOC)

Turn 2

Objective: Recover

Deadline: Monday, January 5, 1200 EST. NOTE: If everyone is done with this turn by 12/20, I will post another turn before going on holiday.

Terrain: Debris-strewn woods.

Resources: Scattered. Woodcutting rolls take +1 due to many downed trees that are easier to hack apart. Hunting rolls are halved as the game has fled the catastrophe. Crafting rolls take +1 due to the mountain spewing its guts on the ground.

Special: None.

Weekly Challenge

The washout from the cavernous mountains is precariously piled near the valley floor. Enterprising goblins can try to dig under the loose piles for shinies. But beware! It's dangerous...

If you dare, roll 2d6 and consult the table.
2: A goblin relic. +5 Prestige.
3: Rocks shift on squishy goblins. +2 Damage.
4: +2 craft
5: +2 wood
6: +2 food
7: nothing
8: +1 food
9: +1 wood
10: +1 craft
11: Goblins take a tumble, broken bones and bleeding. +1 Damage.
12: Goblin medicines (worth 5 Prestige as a tool). One-time use heals all damage.

Old_Man
2014-12-16, 03:34 PM
As the light of a new day dawns, Git tries to take in the enormity of last night's destruction. So much was lost. Standing by the embers of the dying campfire he gets an idea.
"My fellow goblins," he shouts. "Wake and gather together. We lost many precious belongings, but we still live. If we want to all keep living we have to work together. We need food our families and wood for our fires. These are tasks that some of us excel at while others would be better at rebuilding our reserves. What do you say?"

LuckyStrike
2014-12-16, 03:42 PM
The Scumborn frantically start collecting more wood. Their leader stands on top of a large rock and loudly proclaims:

'We will keep a fire going! Anyone willing to share their food is welcome to share our fire!'

Action:

Cut wood
[roll0]

+2=6

And we will send tiny Larry in to procure some bits and pieces from out the rubble:
[roll1]

Edit:
Brave.. Brave little Larry!

Farmerbink
2014-12-16, 03:48 PM
Reserved for goblinoid shenanigans

[roll0]. Curses!

Surgate
2014-12-16, 04:14 PM
Skog arose with the sun, nudging his clan awake one by one, gentler than usual given the recent tragic change in circumstances. And he figured Git's shouting was enough loud noise for one morning. Skog said nothing of course, merely indicating the woods and holding out his axe, and motioning for a few goblins to search the debris whilst the others collected wood for tonight's fire.

He nodded to his ally Kur, and waved a bandaged hand before setting off for work. It was time to see how the day fared for the Ashghosts.

---
And it fared very well indeed! Skog stood side by side with the rest of the Red Ashghosts and they took out their frustrations on the very forest itself, felling one tree after the next and hauling the massive pile back to the Tribe, grinning all the while. The Scarred Shaman indicated a spot nearby the Bonechains and ordered a large fire to be built, "Make haste, build big fire! He rasped, and strained his heavily damaged vocal cords to shout an offer.

"There is room at our big fire for crafters and fighters. If you no offer resource, offer allegiance to Bonechains and Ashghosts instead. Make tools to help our trades, and protect our stash. In return we keep you warm and fed.Together tribe strong." Skog's croak ceased, and he returned to gaze at the growing fire, chanting a secret shaman's oath to that sacred heat.

-4 Wood, Build Big Fire

[roll0] (+1 Perk, +1 Axe, +1 Special Resources Bonus)

Weekly Challenge
[roll1]

-Collected +7 Wood
-Spent -4 Wood, Big Fire
-Invite Bonechains to Fire, and any who offer 1 resource or offer allegiance

Farmerbink
2014-12-16, 04:33 PM
Bink Brighteye approaches Skog and bows. I would be glad to share the skill of my clan for the warmth of your fire! With bows and sleds, we will eat and be merry for many a night! He then promptly gets his clan working on his aforementioned contribution.

Resources: (+2 hammer, +1 perk, +1 special) [roll0] crafting!

edit: BOOM! Win some, lose some!

Surgate
2014-12-16, 05:24 PM
Skog returned the bow and swept a bandaged arm towards the large bonfire. "Welcome Brighteyes, I was hoping you would join us. Stay warm while your kin craft, and make use of this." Skog procured a crafting reserve they saved from the avalanche, and offered it to the Brighteyes.

-Accept Brighteyes to fire
-Offer crafting reserve to Brighteyes

Omegonthesane
2014-12-16, 05:35 PM
"Ash, the people are wounded. We should tend to them, not continue chasing after risks!"
"You always were too conservative, Bone. We can and we must push further. The food supplies are dry, and it doesn't look like we'll be able to hunt enough for ourselves let alone enough to trade."
"I agree with Ash," said the Shaman of Dust. "We will harvest fuel while it's going, and pray to the Great Dreamer for deliverance from hunger. There's already a large fire, so we needn't worry too much about the others. Sleg, do you understand?"
"Slight problem with that," answered Sleg. "There's not a chance in hell that the boys - or the girls I suppose - will be eager to go chasing after shinies, not with us all beat up."
"A good point," said the Shaman of Bone. "We cannot ask those who were wounded taking risks for us, to take more risks for us. Even if this time it is truly, unquestionably for the greater good."
"Which is why I won't be asking them," Sleg said, drawing a look of shock from the shamans, which softened as he continued. "Not my style anyway. If I want somethin' hard done, I do it myself."

The Rockfangs were wounded, and somewhat insulted to be expected to work yet longer when they were already weakened, but they nonetheless reaped an impressive haul. Three nights of fire at the very least.

Sleg, meanwhile, returned from the ruins of his former home with a bag twice his own size, full to the brim with hard tack that had survived the wreckage. The Rockfangs ate this as they gathered round their own small fire, and posted a guard next to the bag, along with a crude wooden sign offering "FOOD EN FIR FOUR BOW".

~~~

Resource action: Woodcutting (+1 perk, +1 event) [roll0]

Sleg Slegssen personally goes digging for shinies [roll1] +2 food

Rockfangs build a Small fire costing 2 Wood.

Offering open trade of 1 Food and a place next to the fire in exchange for a finished Bow, to whoever takes it.

Fremen
2014-12-16, 05:42 PM
Rattlebones

Tok Wildshrieker swayed gently to the rhythmic sound of the drumming, chanting softly as he cast the small pouch of carved animal bones before him, into the ash-edged circle he had drawn. At once the drumming stopped, and Tok flung himself forward, his hooked nose just above the ground as he frantically interpreted the omens he had conjured.

"I see... reward... and pain," he declared to his eagerly awaiting family. "One must go and seek the shrines buried here."

For a moment no one stirred, until Gomm finally rose and, swallowing, raised a thin arm to indicate his willingness.

But Tok shook his head. "No, Gomm. This is a matter of faith, no the skills of a hunter," he said as he turned to look at the three would-be shamans of the clan. Of the many who called themselves Rattlebones, only these three possessed the connection with the spirits to one day replace Tok as shaman, and so they were both the family's greatest strength, and Tok's greatest threat as chief. "Lorr, you will go."

To his credit, the younger goblin did well at hiding his fear, and simply bowed his painted head at the elder shaman. There was little else to be said, and the family members began their daily business, with some wishing the blessings of the spirits upon Lorr and his quest.

With a gnarled hand, Tok grabbed Gomm's shoulder. "Many are the boons of this place, and many will see it well. The spirits give us an insight the less-faithful families may lack. Go, Gomm, and heed the call the spirits placed in you. If you do well," he indicated the sacred hammer of their family, "then they may bestow a boon upon you..."

Gomm just smiled knowingly.

Actions
Gathering Resources: Food
[roll0]

Quest
[roll1] +1 Wood

Kensen
2014-12-16, 06:01 PM
Ur-Klan

Turon thanks the goblin families for the gifts. The next morning, Turon sends many scouts out to recon the surrounding area.

Offer: The Ur-Klan will give their axe to another family in exchange for a place at their fire for the next 5 weeks. "The axe will pay for the stay," Turon's exact words.

Turon orders his gobbos to start hunting. "Food will be scarce. Find what you can! Then we'll decide whether we want to risk digging the piles."

Hunting: [roll]1d6+1[/p] -- halved!

EDIT: Tag fail.. me be tired.. :( rerolling in OOC. EDIT2: Got 2 or 3 food.

Offer: Will sell 1 food for 2 wood or craft (or 1 each) -- food production is halved, while wood + craft production is +1, so 1 for 2 is actually a small discount, says Turon.

Surgate
2014-12-16, 06:29 PM
Skog approached the leader of Ur-Klan and bowed. "Our fire is big. For your aid in resource gathering, and some food for my family tonight, the invitation is open indefinitely. A partnership is important to stay strong. Keep your axe, and keep a warm spot with us.

His red eyes studied the yellow-eyed cat like goblin Turon and offered a bandaged hand to seal their deal.

"What say you Turon?"

Kensen
2014-12-16, 07:00 PM
"Food is precious... but allies are even more precious. It's a deal." Turon shakes Skog's hand. "Weekly rations for a place at your fire." He pauses and continues "and the price won't change later, that's part of the deal."

1 food given.

Offer to other families: 1 (or 2 depending on rounding) food units are left for sale. 1 food for 2 wood or craft. First come, first served, no need to wait for confirmation message from me. If you got the merchandise, the food is yours.

Old_Man
2014-12-16, 07:16 PM
Git watches all the other goblin families rushing about. "Betty, take half the boys and see if you can rustle up some grub. I'll take the rest and see if anything can be salvaged from the mountain."
"You sure Chief? What the gods bury should stay buried."
"No, I'm not, but it needs to be done.

Resources: Hunting rolls are halved as the game has fled the catastrophe. Hunting [roll0]

Weekly Challenge [roll1]

Surgate
2014-12-16, 07:20 PM
Skog accepted Turon's part of the terms with a vigorous shake, and grinned. "Good Deal. Welcome Ur-Klan."

He returned to the great flame, and distributed food amongst his family, before seeking out Kur Elfstabber. "I have arranged alliances with the Brighteyes and Ur-Klan. We have one more permanent spot at the fire to offer, perhaps to a fighter, or whomever you think is worthy to sit amongst us. The Ur will keep Ashghosts fed, and the Brighteyes will fashion tools for our families. More food for the Bonechains to barter with and also distribute amongst those who share the fire with us. Skog spoke softly to avoid coughing.

He brought his hands as close to the fire as he dared, and chanted, while the Ashghosts feasted and danced, "Great Fire Spirit guide us through the long dark! Feel its Warmth! That which nurtures and chokes life itself! Aaawawaawawaooawooaa!"

The Ashghosts chanted in unison, Aaawawaawawaoooawooaa

Farmerbink
2014-12-16, 07:44 PM
"I have arranged alliances with the Brighteyes and Ur-Klan. We have one more permanent spot at the fire to offer, perhaps to a fighter, or whomever you think is worthy to sit amongst us.

After graciously accepting the crafting material, Bink Brighteye looks up to Skog. Unless you object, I have a friendship with Abel Armstrong of the Ironhide clan. They will be strong allies, good at fighting. I think we should make a mighty bow, so that we can gather more food reserves in the coming weeks. What say you, Skog of clan Ashghost?

Surgate
2014-12-16, 08:50 PM
Skog nodded at Bink's suggestions, and coughed, "Agreed Bink of Clan Brighteye. A Bow is good. Food and Fire most important. Ironhides welcome at big fire for their aid and protection."

Farmerbink
2014-12-16, 09:47 PM
1 Awesome bow crafted from 8 of my 11 crafting reserves. Here comes food, y'all!!

Surgate
2014-12-16, 11:33 PM
Skog inspected the awesome craftsmanship of the bow and chuckled. "I'm impressed. Maybe you can make this heirloom a truly unique weapon" Skog held his forefather's obsidian axe, bloodstained with a forgotten families entire bloodline.

"When you get the chance of course. I can guarantee a big fire everynight with this ancient axe remastered from the Brighteyes." Skog bowed, and looked deep in the flame for One-Eye's spirit. The flame flickered blue for a brief moment and then returned red. Skog breathed a sigh of relief.

"You have its original owner's blessing."

LuckyStrike
2014-12-17, 12:38 AM
Sheila approaches Turon.

'Word is you have food to trade.. I'll gladly take it off your hands in exchange for 2 wood. I'd hate to see my boys go hungry you know.

Sheila approaches the Redhands

'Greetings brave beautiful Redhands. Let us enjoy Fire together. With your food and our wood we needn't want for much.. It is known the Redhands are strong, and together with the fierceness of my Kin none would think of opposing us.'
Her eyes narrow and she looks over her shoulder at the larger fire in the distance.
'Besides.. Alliances are forming.
We will follow you, and stand by you. Would others harm you, we will harm them. You have my spitpromise there.'
'Join our fire mighty Git.'

Scumborn build a small fire

Fremen
2014-12-17, 01:06 AM
Rattlebones

Tok nodded at the meagre gathering of supplies before him. It was less than he had hoped, but none of his family had been hurt in its gathering, so for that he gave thanks to the spirits.

"Lorr, go to Sleg Slegssen - patron of the Rockfangs. Bring them this," he gestured to the bundle of wood that the aspiring shaman had brought with him from the ruins. "Ask then to share in the fire."

We need more with which to barter, the senior shaman wished to the spirits, his eyes closing in prayer. Please, bring us blessing, so we may give to our fellow tribesmen not of the faith...

Kensen
2014-12-17, 06:07 AM
Ur-Klan

Turon thanks the Scumborn. (-1 food, +2 wood)

Weekly Challenge: Turon speaks: "We are doing alright, my fellow Ur-goblins. I've scouted out the pile of junk in the valley and I estimate the risk is relatively low. You two, go find us some useful things. Come back alive."

[roll0]

EDIT: The two goblins find a jar of pickled meat (+1 food!). Turon seems happy: "Well done, lads. I hope it's not teleportation pickles, though." The Ur-Klan now has 2 units of food for sale (1 food for 2 wood or 2 craft).

Old_Man
2014-12-17, 08:44 AM
Redhands

Pleased with his family's efforts, Git Rat-ear congratulates them on obtaining wood and food for the family to be self sufficient. "Good job boys, we have all we need for one more night."
"But is that wise, Chief?" questions his lieutenant. "Didn't you say the families needed to work together?"
"Yes. And here comes the leader of the Scumborn. Lets see what she offers."
Git listens to Sheila and agrees to her offer.
"My wood is your wood. My food is your food." Git hocks a big loogie into his palm and shakes. "Spitpromise. But the Rockfangs already have a small fire. If just our families build a fire, it will be small. We should have the Rockfangs join us. The Ashgohst fire is big and has many goblins."

ooc- confirm alliance of Redhands and Scumborn. Offer to make a large fire with Rockfangs. Offer to Bonechains and Rattle bones to join too.

LuckyStrike
2014-12-17, 09:18 AM
Sheila grins as they shake on it. 'You are wise as you are handsome, friend.

Omegonthesane
2014-12-17, 10:23 AM
Rattlebones

Tok nodded at the meagre gathering of supplies before him. It was less than he had hoped, but none of his family had been hurt in its gathering, so for that he gave thanks to the spirits.

"Lorr, go to Sleg Slegssen - patron of the Rockfangs. Bring them this," he gestured to the bundle of wood that the aspiring shaman had brought with him from the ruins. "Ask then to share in the fire."

We need more with which to barter, the senior shaman wished to the spirits, his eyes closing in prayer. Please, bring us blessing, so we may give to our fellow tribesmen not of the faith...

Sleg received the Rattlebone guests courteously, but unusally on guard, with Botono itself in hand - best not to let the others think too much of the losses the Rockfangs had taken in evacuating.

"You seem well-fed enough. We will let you gather here for a little wood. We see no immediate need to make another great fire, given the exact number of families to protect - if we are in three camps, and the elves dare come here, then at least two camps will get away. If only two camps, only one sure getaway."

((Rockfangs offering Rattlebones a place by the fire for 1 Wood.))

Fremen
2014-12-17, 12:22 PM
Rattlebones

The Rattlebone family clattered gently as they moved through the assembling camps to the Rockfangs. They were all dressed well (by their standards), and so were clad in a garish manner of dangling pieces of wood and bone, with mud painting their bodies in odd patterns, and bits of feather and rock tied into their scraggly hair.

When they arrived, many of the clan quickly set about to help the Rockfangs build up their fire, lest the cold night creep up too soon.

Tok himself approached Sleg, bowing graciously and letting his charms jingle loudly as he did. "Thanks of the Rattlebones, chief of the Rockfangs. I hope this portends well for both our futures."

((The Rattlebones will join the Rockfangs fire by adding +1 Wood))

neriractor
2014-12-17, 03:47 PM
Abel wakes up early ,and starts his morning training routine, while he knows other families have already started gathering and even burning stuff (task that he very much enjoy)the trainig is tradition and tradition is good besides if he is not in good shape any of the ambitious ironhides my try and take the leadersip. he was about to order the clan to get firewood when he learned than brink brighteyes had already gotten him a spot in the fire skog made;he smiles and walks to where the rest of the tribe is sleeping then he starts shouting "¡you lazy gobbos wake up so we can work and not starve to dead do you want us to be left behind or do you wanna live to take them all puny humans down!" the squad sudenly readied his armor,standed up and screamed to the air"¡WE LIVE WE CONQUER SIR!"."¡yea thats right,now lets go get some food!" resource roll hunt(bow+1,day halved). +1x1/2 "¡IS THAT WHAT YOU CALL HUNTING WE CAN BARELY FEED OURSELVES!""lets look for more stuff in that pile by the mountain"
weekly challenge: [roll]2d6 ooc roll:7
Abel walks to the big fire and goes right next to brink then he talks."i thank you for getting me a spot .near a fire your clan can han have some food for tonight ,we have got some elk leftovers". action:I give the brighteyes 1 food reserve from the 2 I have.

Grim ranger
2014-12-17, 04:19 PM
Bonechains

Having mostly been away hunting for the sparse game and looking out for any potential threats to the families, Kur and his lot returned to find other families already bustling about. It seemed that it had been a good idea indeed to ally with Ashghosts: they could handle diplomacy for Bonechains even when they themselves were not quite around to offer their opinion.

"I approve of these new allies you have gained for us" Kur said, nodding to Skog. "Together we can avoid infighting and remain strong. I am sure some danger or another will test our mettle before long."

Hunting roll: [roll0] / 2

Weekly challenge roll: [roll1]

Edit: Well, that could have gone worse. Giving one unit of Food to Ashghosts as promised before and keeping the other. Seems like we will remain fed and warm :smallsmile:

Surgate
2014-12-17, 04:54 PM
Skog clasped Kur by the shoulder, "I am glad you approve Brother Kur. In the future I will take your council, but opportunities had to be seized today. Thank you for the food, come and keep warm by the Great Fire Spirit."

*Ironhides offered their spare food to Brighteyes, so Ashghosts will hang onto their extra ration.

Farmerbink
2014-12-17, 07:37 PM
Bunk bows deeply. many thanks to you, Abel of clan Ironhides. Your generosity will not be forgotten.

(Brighteyes accepts the food, obv)

Mordae
2014-12-18, 02:56 PM

Turn 3

Leaving the remains of their valley, the goblin tribe continues their journey down the long, lonely valley. The lush forests are left behind as well, and the wind sweeps bitterly along the bare shale rock. The shallow river provides clear water, but there is still no game to be found. The reason why becomes clear as the afternoon wears on; high in the rocky bluffs around the valley, the hooting calls of mountain wolves echo from peak to peak. The canny predators await nightfall, and the time to pick off the weakest of the goblin herd...

Objective: Trudge on

Terrain: Rocky valley.

Resources: Bare. Woodcutting is not possible. Hunting rolls are halved since the only creatures out here are the wolves themselves; additionally, if you roll a 1 for hunting, your family takes 1 Damage (this prey bites back!). Crafting rolls are normal.

Weekly Challenge

The wolves will seek out the smallest, weakest fire and attack the goblins there. You can increase the size of your fire by adding wood. (If there is a tie for smallest fire, the wolves will select one of those fires randomly.) The wolves fight at 1d6+6, minus the number of units of wood spent on the fire. Due to the plethora of wolves, each family must fend for themselves individually in this battle. Only families that have to fight wolves earn Prestige for this challenge.

Optional Quest

Some goblins aren't content cowering defensively by the fire. The bravest might just choose to seek out the alpha wolf at dawn and take his jaw as a trophy. But he's wily; only the most cunning will find him, and only the strongest will defeat him.

If you choose to take this quest, roll 1d6 to search for the alpha wolf; this succeeds on a roll of 5 or 6. Then, you must fight the alpha wolf, who attacks at 1d6+3. No other families may assist the fight roll. Victory is worth 10 prestige.

Farmerbink
2014-12-18, 03:19 PM
Round 3

The fire's embers smolder as the first rays of the sun breach the horizon. Link Brighteye turns his focus from the glowing coals to the rocky wasteland around him. No wood. It is good that my friends have reserves... he mutters to himself. A wolf howls in the distance, likewise greeting the day. No wood, and wolves. A bitter morn, indeed, he growls. He rises from his seated position near the fire and removes a small stick with a smoldering end. In the ashes around the fire, he draws an axe and gazes at it. More wood for the fires comes from more axes to chop. He draws a spear beside it, saying wolves must be met with force their equal...

As the howls wane, Bink stands before the ashen icons, stick in hand- his gaze lost in the smoldering embers of last night's blaze.

Kensen
2014-12-18, 03:26 PM
Ur-Klan

Turon discussed the situation with the elders. "We have enough food for ourselves and Skog's goblins. They have the biggest, safest pyre, no doubt. And we still have one food unit left which we can sell to one of the crafter families. This is an opportune moment for crafting, my brothers and sisters. We need tools. I know the goblins are clamoring to go hunting some wolves, but we must be wise now. No stupid risks!!" The elders nods in agreement.

Craft: [roll0]

Offer: Selling 1 food for 2 craft

EdIT: Skog's goblins, not Sheila's!

Old_Man
2014-12-18, 04:38 PM
Redhands

Git approaches the Brighteyes' leader. "Bink, your tribe looks hungry, and today, you would be better off working on spears than hunting. Lend me your great bow and I will make sure you eat. Then we can talk trade for making a spear while we dine."

ooc- lend awesome bow for 1 food

LuckyStrike
2014-12-18, 04:52 PM
The Scumborn become agitated when hearing the howling. They get increasingly anxious until Sheila can't hold them any longer.

She utters a single word.

'Go'.

The Scumborn whoop and holler. They grab rocks and sticks and disappear in the rocky landscape.

Fighting can be heard.

Hunting
[roll0]

Sheila takes two of her finest and waits for the loudest howl. She then takes a sprint to kill something herself.

Search alpha wolf.
[roll1]

She comes back tired, but is glad her kin at least procured her a fine pelt and some meat.

'Stack the fire high boys. Let the others join too.'

Scumborn start a fire
-2 wood

Fremen
2014-12-18, 05:03 PM
Rattlebones

Tok's eyes snapped open at the sound of the distant howl, and he quickly rose to his feet amid his family members - all who were likewise awake and rising beside the ashes of the dying fire. A brief survey of their surroundings brought little comfort, and the barren land held promise only for the willing faithful.

In the light of the early day, Tok gathered his clan, and set them to task preparing themselves for the ritual ahead. From the fire's ashes they made crude paint, and, stripping themselves down to little more than loincloths, daubed themselves in harsh, jagged patterns of black and white. They tied feathers to their ankles and wrists, while the younger among them set out to gather the material components that would be needed.

From leather pouches came what skulls and scrimshawed bones as had been saved from the cave during the disaster. They arranged them in a simple circle, and took their places behind it.

To most, the creating of tools and the gathering of materials was a mundane task, but for the Rattlebones there was little in life that was more sacred, and their devotion now could well herald the benevolence of the spirits, and grant them what they needed.

Gathering Resources: Craft
[roll0]

Fremen
2014-12-18, 05:25 PM
Rattlebones

With what had been gathered, the rites began, and the chanting grew and grew until it reached a fevered pitch. With a final, ear-splitting shriek, the Rattlebones fell silent, and Tok stood in their midst, his gnarled hands gripping a spear which clattered from the various charms that bedecked its carved haft.

"Our enemy stalks us! The spirits have spoken!" He turned and thrust the spear at Gomm, the sharp edge pointed to the sky, while the shaft was held just before the aspiring hunter. "Take to the hills, Gomm, and seek out the greatest of the beasts. Should you succeed, bring back its fangs, and receive the blessings of the spirits."

Gomm grinning widely, and accepted the weapon, before quickly whooping and taking to the wilds.

Idly, Tok wondered at the whims of the spirits. "Lorr," he called to the younger aspirant. "Go speak to Sleg, of the Rockfangs, and learn his desires. We have little, but our services may be enough to bring friendship between our families. They may find use of our crafting skills, and this night we have grave need of their fire."

((Rattlebones are seeking friendly relations with the Rockfangs))

((4 craft used to craft a spear))

Quest: Wolf hunting
[roll0]

If successful:

Fighting the Wolf:
[roll1]

Surgate
2014-12-18, 05:46 PM
Skog indicated the new bonfire spot, and the Ashghosts hurried to set up the fire as the howling echoed in the distance. His red eyes narrowed with thought.

-2 Wood, Small Fire

He noticed the Redhands harassing the Brighteyes crafters and provided a counter offer, "Don't let those 'frat' goblins bully you.The Bonechains will catch more than enough, and even more so with that weapon. With my rations I can ensure we both stay fed without barters and borrowing from the others. I will have my gobbos collect crafting reserves for you to keep within the group. Think on it Brighteyes…"

Skog stepped away, and commanded with a few simple hand gestures for the Ashghosts to use their time wisely and collect craft resources.

[roll0]

Afterwards he commanded a crude spear be built to protect the clan, personally inspecting its sharpness, with obscenities scribbled along the shaft, before handing it off to another Ashghost.
(Craft New Spear!)

Then Skog sent twins, Pol and Sol Twinface to carry the crafting reserves to the Brighteyes. They picked on each other the entire way but ensured the safety of the materials nonetheless."Enjoy!!!"They screamed in unison and scampered away.

(Transfer +1 Craft to Brighteyes)

Then he fed one last log in the flame, chanting to the small fire spirit, kindling its power to become Great, as it was the night before.

-1 Wood to Small Fire

"With no wood to chop, Ashghosts have expended their reserves. Need one more wood from allies for warmth and safety tonight." Skog rasped.

*OOC: Remembered Brighteyes can't carry more than 10 resources right now, decided to make a spear and trade +1 crafting reserve to Brighteyes instead.

Kensen
2014-12-18, 06:23 PM
Ur-Klan

Turon approaches the Ashghosts with a few goblins in tow, carrying a barrel of food. "Do we still have a deal? Food for fire?"

OOC: My previous post had the wrong name in it, it was meant to be Skog - now corrected.

Grim ranger
2014-12-18, 06:24 PM
Bonechains

Well, it seemed that the land was once again quite bare, and rather dangerous to boot. Wolves would no doubt come and attack them soon enough, trying to find a weakness to exploit. Well, that just meant that they'd have to work twice as hard hunting for everyone to keep families fed and ready for a fight. Luckily enough, they still had the firewood they had managed to loot earlier, so the chances of survival were high.

"We will be back soon. Time to see what kind of fare the predators of these lands will make" Kur said to Skog before the Bonechains spread out in search of their prey, arrows nocked to bowstrings.

As it turned out, not too shabby. Soon enough, Bonechains returned with pair of wolf carcasses, parading their kills along the fireside of Ashghosts and adding to the pyre with their own firewood reserves.

[roll0] / 2 (Hunting roll)

Bonechains give their 1 wood reserve to Ashghosts fire

Surgate
2014-12-18, 06:42 PM
Aawaawawawawooowaoo!!! The Ashghosts chanted upon the Bonechain's return. Skog grinned and nodded respectfully at Kur, chanting alongside his brethren while the fire was stoked into a large flame. "Successful as anticipated Brother Kur! Wonder how good wolfies will taste. Come get warm."

He regarded the Ur-Klan with a welcoming, pointy tooth smile, and gestured for them to sit with the food.
"Of course, Ur-Klan are Ashghost allies! Stay warm!"
-1 Wood from Bonechains, Large Fire!

Skog brought some spare food from the Ur and shared with the Brighteyes, "No need to be hungry while working hard! Keep bellies and bodies warm!"

-Invite Bonechains and Ur-Klan and Brighteyes and Ironhides to large fire
-Sharing 1 food with Brighteyes

Kensen
2014-12-18, 06:48 PM
Ur-Klan

Turon's smile widened and he shook Skog's hand again. "That's good, my friend. Though food and firewood are scarce, we won't be starving or freezing tonight!"

(1 food given to Ashghosts; 1 surplus food still available for sale.)

Surgate
2014-12-18, 07:08 PM
With the clans he considered allies fed and warm, Skog brandished the newly made spear from the lower Ashghost and contemplated the story of One-Eye Ashghost, wandering off into the night on his own to butcher his enemies, and he wanted to do the same. He chanted at the Great Fire Spirit, "Aaaawawawawawaooowawooaoo" to bolster his courage and stifle his fears for the challenge ahead. If he stepped away now, he might make it by Dawn and murder the beast, and return much as his forefather before him. Or perhaps in defeat...

Skog disappeared, tracking the Alpha Wolf

*OOC Rolls: 5 to Track the Wolf, 4 to Fight the Wolf

Farmerbink
2014-12-19, 06:48 AM
Bink Brighteye, after much pondering, takes his hammer and pulverizes the image of the axe, before leaving the remains of the previous night's smoldering fire. Bandy! Barty! Tonight, we defend our allies! As he marches away from the fire, he watches the other clans prepare for the hunt, and is approached by both Git of the Redhands, and Pol and Sol Twinface of clan Ashghosts. After much deliberation, he agrees to Git's offer, and sends Pol and Sol Twinface back to Skog with a message, and his thanks.

OOC: Lend awesome bow to clan redhands in exchange for 1 food, receive 1 crafting from ashghosts, accept invitation to fire and food, and search for more materials: Crafting materials![roll0]

Make AWESOME SPEAR, leaving 1 crafting reserve.

To be completed: awaiting one food from clan Redhand's hunt, and return of bow.

As the afternoon sunlight begins to dwindle, Bink searches for Skog, spear in hand. Noble Skog, see my clansmen have made this awesome spear! Please, accept it as proof of our friendship!

...Also, if you don't mind, I'd like to use the not-awesome spear tonight, just in case... Methinks a cruel night prepares for us, and I would not have my clansmen be undefended.

Omegonthesane
2014-12-19, 08:17 AM
The Rockfangs were divided about what to do about the incoming wolf pack, for a little while, until they saw the opportunity to extract goodwill - and resources - from the other families.

Instead of a small fire, they built a large one, for the threat this night was one that feared fire - yes, wood was scarce here, but surely that just meant it would be less scarce anywhere else.

Instead of taking a long-delayed rest, their craftsmen gathered what they could - the shamans once again agreed that the family were not so exhausted as to better afford delay than action.

~~~

Crafting! [roll0]

Surgate
2014-12-19, 09:40 AM
Skog was cunning enough to track the Alpha, yet not strong enough to fell the beast. It tried to tear out Skog's throat as he tried to ambush, but he made the wolf keep its distance with a quick flick of the Ashghost spear, and despite a close thrust, Skog opened his left eye to attack and lost it in a brutal swipe from the creature's claws. Three bloodied slashes across Skog's face was all it took, and Skog made a break for it, quick enough to get away and return to camp.

He emulated a part of his forefather's tradition he hadn't expected. Perhaps a sacrifice was in order before boons presented themselves. And as if on cue, his ally Bink arrived with a beautiful, awesome spear, the likes of which Skog had only seen compare from the Rockfang's own treasure. The immaculate craftsmanship made Skog's remaining red eye widen. It was carved with intricate figures depicting the beginning of their journey, and the Brighteyes and Ashghosts working together, along with depictions of fire, and the swirling patterns of their tattoos. And incredibly sharp.
"You honor me Bink with this weapon and your friendship. The Alpha and I failed to slay one another. Though he got the better of me in the end." Skog sighed the last two sentences, but received the awesome spear with reverence.

Skog then offered the crude Ashghost spear, and their leader shrugged. "We aren't known for our crafting."

*Ashghosts accept awesome spear
-Give Brighteyes regular spear

Old_Man
2014-12-19, 09:40 AM
Redhands

Meeting with Bink Brighteye

"What is the meaning of this, Brighteye? You bring the bow and take the food, but what of trade? What of sitting together at the same fire and sharing the meal? What of these things, Brighteye, when my family takes all of the risk? Where is the friendship?"

Git pulled his tattered ear in frustration. He was not a merchant used to making trades and deals and felt completely out of his depths. "We said we would hunt, and we will or families will go hungry, but give us use of the spear you made to protect us while we hunt, and I will return both tools to you at your fire tonight." Git tried to keep his voice from sounding whiny as he made the last statement and worried that his voice quavered. Firming his tone ended, "Otherwise, we will discuss the return of the bow if and when you come to talk trade at my fire."

Omegonthesane
2014-12-19, 09:55 AM
She comes back tired, but is glad her kin at least procured her a fine pelt and some meat.

'Stack the fire high boys. Let the others join too.'

Scumborn start a fire
-2 wood

The Rockfangs approach the fire of the Scumborn, with wood and armed warriors in equal prominence - they do not intend to be turned away, but neither do they intend to be unwelcome guests.

"Sheila, of the Scumborn," said the High Shaman of Ash, "let us join our fires. Let this night go by safely. For us, and for those who would aid us."

((Offering to add 2 Wood to the Scumborn fire, in return for a place at the Scumborn fire and the right to unilaterally offer one (1) other family a free place at that fire))

~~~

Idly, Tok wondered at the whims of the spirits. "Lorr," he called to the younger aspirant. "Go speak to Sleg, of the Rockfangs, and learn his desires. We have little, but our services may be enough to bring friendship between our families. They may find use of our crafting skills, and this night we have grave need of their fire."

((Rattlebones are seeking friendly relations with the Rockfangs))

Meanwhile, Sleg Slegssen spoke with the Rattlebone aspirant.

"Your craft is good, and your boys are brave. Give our craftsmen a little hand, and we'll make sure you have a warm night."

((Offering to make sure the Rattlebones get a fire space one way or another, in return for either 3 Craft Resource or "all the Rattlebones' remaining Craft Resource", whichever is lower.))

Surgate
2014-12-19, 10:02 AM
Skog chimes in on Bink's behalf

"And how is he to trust you when you demand your way and hold his bow hostage? Accept a normal spear if Brighteyes feel generous, and fight the wolves if you are brave enough, but do not bully my ally, or we will take the bow back by force."

Skog flashed Git a toothy grin, "Half of me wants you to play tough so I can try out this new awesome spear you want so bad by spilling Redhand blood."

LuckyStrike
2014-12-19, 10:10 AM
'Be welcome, High Shaman. Recourses are running low but spirits are high at camp Scumborn. Join and be merry.. The only way today could have been better is if I could have caught that blasted Alpha wolf. Creature was too fast you see.' Sheila says while chewing on some beef jerky.

(Accepting Rockfangs offer)

Old_Man
2014-12-19, 10:14 AM
Redhands

Git gives the Ashghosts' leader a contemptuous glance. "Go back to tending your campfire little woodsman. Just because the crafter is making you a weapon doesn't mean you know how to use it. Keep it up, and I wont have to hunt wolves, they will come here to dine on your corpse." Turning back to Bink he says, "What do you intend?"

Surgate
2014-12-19, 10:44 AM
Skog laughed, "You would give me good practice. Soon Ashghosts better fighters than obnoxious Redhands. No more whining, our woodcutters braver than big fighter gobbos. He stuck out a bright red tongue and walked away, trusting Brighteye to handle themselves against common bullies.

Farmerbink
2014-12-19, 11:33 AM
Redhands

Git gives the Ashghosts' leader a contemptuous glance. "Go back to tending your campfire little woodsman. Just because the crafter is making you a weapon doesn't mean you know how to use it. Keep it up, and I wont have to hunt wolves, they will come here to dine on your corpse." Turning back to Bink he says, "What do you intend?"

Bink looks to the two bickering goblin chiefs, shock evident on his features. Git, you spoke of trade, and I accepted! How can I also turn my back on an ally of the past weeks? Those who have fed my people and kept us warm while we enjoyed the luxury of our trade? I have all you spoke of, and now you speak in words of hatred and violence? He shakes his head, dejected. I see now that one cannot please those who wish not to be satisfied. He turns and heads back to the Ashghosts' fire.

OOC: nix previous trade w/ redhands

There, seeing the Ironhides, Bink approaches Abel. Friend, a tool is only worth what it is used for, and none will use this bow in good faith. If you would use it for the hunt, all I ask is that you be generous with what food you gather. If you mean not to hunt, I will save it for another, hungrier day.

OOC: offer previous trade to Ironhides: use of awesome bow in exchange for 1 food.

neriractor
2014-12-19, 01:18 PM
Abel wakes with the morning rush of the other clans when he sees his friend standing at his door with a very beautiful bow "I will be more than happy to use this bow and me and my clan were about to go hunting feeling in the mood for hunting,i accept your offer but I also plan on taking down the biggest wolf around so if you could watch my regular bow for me until I come back I woud appreciate it"

Abel and his clan go hunting for game.

takes awesome bow and gives 1 regular bow to brigtheyes

hunting:[roll0]

tracking the alfa wolf:[roll1]

damage in case i found him: [roll2]

Abel comes back and tells his second in comand to go give 1 food to the brigtheyes.

Abel goes into the jungle and start looking for tracks, the scent the blood, a fellow goblin was hurted close.thinking to himself "damn wolf, Brink told me about it; how does he dare hurt a friend like Skog" i'll make him pay. he moved a little more following the stink of the wolf and there he was munching on whatappeared to be the last elk left in the area. swinging his spear he got closer and attacked screaming."i'll make you pay you weak excuse of a wolf"

gives one food to brigtheyes and waits for the defensive roll of the wolf

Old_Man
2014-12-19, 01:30 PM
Redhands

Git looks shocked and confused. He slowly works his way around Bink's words. "Bickering? Pleased? Satisfied? I am the one at fault here?" Git's face reddens and his expression turns angry. "You renege on our deal? Because I bicker? I ask to use tools sitting idle to protect my family as they risk the jaws of death to feed you, and it is my fault? Your allies threaten to spill my blood, and I am the one speaking with hatred?"

"Aaarggg!" Git shouts at the sky "Artisans and their ways!"

Git slowly wipes his hand across his face, his anger gone. "I offered to provide food when you had none, but I see now you have food from your friends. My word is always good. Give me the tools to hunt and protect my family while we hunt, and I return it all to you with some of the food we catch." What do you say Bink, are you reasonable or are your words too true, some enjoy luxury and cannot be pleased or satisfied."

ooc- deal A awesomebow for 1 turn in exchange for 1 food and some hard feelings
deal B awesomebowandspear for 1 turn in exchange for 1 food and goodwill
deal C ???
no deal

EDIT: Loks like Ironhides have used the a-bow. So...

Git walks over to the Scumborns. "Sheila, I have some bits and pieces we can make into two spears if we find just a few more useful pieces. I also have more wood that we can add to today's fire or save. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.

Fremen
2014-12-19, 01:57 PM
Rattlebones

Tok himself carried the last of their crafting materials, and brought it before Sleg of the Rockfangs. "We bring only a meagre gift, for it is all we possess for now. But twice now have you been kind to the Rattlebones, and we will not forget this. By the witnessing of the spirits, I pledge more gifts will be given to the Rockfangs in the times to come," he spoke imperiously. Of the other Rattlebones, there seemed a mild undercurrent of displeasure. While it was true that the Rockfangs had helped the Rattlebones, pledges made under the watch of the spirits were not to be reneged upon, less the spirits lose their trust in their mortal servants, and so Tok's gesture was a binding one, if a little vague. Still, none would speak out, or question their shaman, and so the Rattlebone family kept their peace.

When the tribute had been given, and the families settled more comfortably, Tok took the time to come to Sleg again, this time without any pretense of pomp or show, "Tell me, Chieftain, what do you know of the other surviving families? Our ways have kept us somewhat... isolated from the others of late."

((Rattlebones give their 1 remaining craft to the Rockfangs, along with the promise of future "gifts", in exchange for a spot at their fire))

Surgate
2014-12-19, 02:01 PM
Skog screamed with delight upon Abel's return. "You have avenged Ashghost honor! Behold the mighty Ironhides! Come and stay warm by the fire!"

The Ashghosts sang in unison, Aaawawawaaaooowao

Even though he was One-Eye Skog now, seeing the dead alpha already made the wound feel better. He sang louder than ever.

neriractor
2014-12-19, 02:08 PM
Abel come back to the fire where his clan awaits for him screaming in happiness seeing than their leader came back with the biggest wolf head they have ever seen and barely scratched he stops the yelling; then he says:

"brothers and sisters while I took down the wolf, I feel we have been slacking off while other families help us;and our friends from the ashghost clans have to pay in the blood of their leader because we have been lazy and may i dear saiyng it weak you can sleep today but tomorrow i wanna see you all lined up beore the sun itself wakes up"..."¡¡¿HAVE I BEEN CLEAR ENOUGH?!!" ¡YES,SIR!

Abel goes toward the place were he is resting with some improvised parches in his eye (or what is left of it )"my friend I have managed to kill the beast using the fighting technique passed generation by generation of the armstrong and if you want you can have his skull I present it to you hoping our clans will work together long atfer we die;but also hoping you wont rush dead; I will protect you with all i can. here it is"
he says as he drops the skull in the ground

ooc:im just gving the skull not the prestige.

Surgate
2014-12-19, 02:27 PM
Skog kept a new green bandage wrapped around his missing eye, and clasped Abel by the shoulder, staring deep with his red eye. "You honor me Abel. I offered your kin warmth on Bink's recommendation and I am glad to have strong friends at our fire. Thank you for this skull, Ashghosts will honor Armstrongs always!"

Skog chanted at the Great Fire Spirit as he donned the Alpha's skull, one eye socket covered, the other glowing red by the flame. He personalized his new awesome spear with wolf fur and fangs, dangling at the tip with the blade, the pelts cushioning how they swing. One-Eye Skog sang once more with his kin.

Awawaaaawaoowaoowaoo!!!

LuckyStrike
2014-12-19, 02:38 PM
Git walks over to the Scumborns. "Sheila, I have some bits and pieces we can make into two spears if we find just a few more useful pieces. I also have more wood that we can add to today's fire or save. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.

'Great, let's at least keep our fire a bit larger then the others over there..'
-Scumborn add all their wood to their pire.-
Sheila leans in a bit closer.

'I heard some of the others gave you lip.. A Scumborn don't easily forget a spitpromise.. Well happily stab whoever gets in yer way.'
She smiles
'Of course a spear would greatly help the stabbing part..'

Old_Man
2014-12-19, 02:59 PM
Redhands

"I know the Redhands can always count on the Scumborn. I worry about the chaps at that other fire. The little pipsqueak woodchopper isn't the only problem. They have all the hunters in their camp. There may be a food shortage in our camp."
Git gives the other camp some scrutiny as he thinks.
"We need to cooperate more and combine tasks and resources. Sheila, do you think the Rockfangs and Rattlebones will go their own way or will they want to join us in a permanent alliance to counterbalance the other group?"

Surgate
2014-12-19, 03:17 PM
Skog sought out the Ur-Klan "They are stoking their fire, at this rate the wolves will come for us. We can face their hunger or scare them away with extra wood."

LuckyStrike
2014-12-19, 03:17 PM
Scumborn, Sheila to Git:

'I hope they will change their mind this week. It makes sense with all these predators around. I will not beg them though they would certainly welcome should they choose to'.
'As for the food..' Her eyes narrow. 'We will survive. By any means necessary'.

neriractor
2014-12-19, 03:22 PM
a herald of the ironhides came running to the rattlebones fire,his armor was diferrent from the norm and his body was weak for ironhide standards (but still stronger than your average goblin)was carriyng some food,he aproached tok and started talking:

"hello my name be frosty fastfeet and im a proud member of the ironhide scouts my leader handed me the honor to bring you some food seeing your dire situation in trade for a favor he will later ask"
he bows a little getting close to his ear and whispering: "and he said this:I hope you are a men of word because we will not be afraid to take that debt some day by force " frosty walked away looking back with a malitious grin on his face.

Fremen
2014-12-19, 04:07 PM
Rattlebones

Tok looked somewhat stunned as Frosty Fastfeet presented him with food enough to feed his family through the hardship. He had not expected the generosity of the Ironhides clan, and though he was a little wary of the potential cost such a gift may bring, he was not too hesitant to put such misgivings ahead of the immediate needs of his family. "Thanks of the spirits, Frosty," Tok said, accepting the food. "And tell your chief, Abel, that such kindness will not be forgotten. Nor will our debt."

When the Ironhide had left, Tok turned back to the Rockfangs. "In particular," he continued, "Tell me more of the Ironhides..."

Kensen
2014-12-19, 04:39 PM
Ur-Klan

Turon greeted Skog. "What brings you here, my friend?" Turon listened patiently, nodding cautiously as he listened. "Skog, you are asking us to part with our reserves of firewood. Our resources is all we have. We do not have Awesome tools like some of the families in our camp. We thought our deal meant you'd take care of the fire. If we give away our firewood, what do we have left?" A worried expression was evident on his face. "...And my quartermaster had miscalculated our food reserves. We can't even barter to get more resources."

A long silence.

"But we're allies. I'm sure we can work out a deal. My goblins wish to hunt with Awesome bows. Our slings are no good."

Offer: Selling 3 wood for 5 craft (that's how much we need to build Aw bow). Payment expected next week at the latest.

Surgate
2014-12-19, 05:17 PM
The wolf skull rattled with Skog's shaking head. "Only part with what you can Brother Turon. Ashghosts have given all wood we have. If you don't use the reserves now, we all must fend off wolves tonight, they must be seeking food and vengeance for their alpha."

Skog offered a sympathetic look from his red eye, "Deal remains, Ashghosts take care of fire as always, but this is special circumstance. Either we make big big fire or fight wolves"

An idea occurred to him, "Maybe Bink can help with your offer. But Big Fire may not be enough compared to other clan's reserves."

Omegonthesane
2014-12-20, 03:14 AM
Rattlebones

Tok looked somewhat stunned as Frosty Fastfeet presented him with food enough to feed his family through the hardship. He had not expected the generosity of the Ironhides clan, and though he was a little wary of the potential cost such a gift may bring, he was not too hesitant to put such misgivings ahead of the immediate needs of his family. "Thanks of the spirits, Frosty," Tok said, accepting the food. "And tell your chief, Abel, that such kindness will not be forgotten. Nor will our debt."

When the Ironhide had left, Tok turned back to the Rockfangs. "In particular," he continued, "Tell me more of the Ironhides..."

"We've been busy the last few days," said Sleg, "but we know they have a hell of a martial tradition. I wouldn't provoke 'em alone... and I'd be on guard. Anyone aggressive enough to actually say 'we're hardcore and we know the score' is going to want some."

Kensen
2015-01-02, 12:57 PM
Ur-Klan

"We're not comfortable with wasting resources. The firewood was available for sale, but noone was interested. It's better not to fight the wolves at all, or waste resources. We'll sleep in the trees without a fire so the wolves can't attack us."

The Ur-Klan leaves the camp and takes 1 damage.

Mordae
2015-01-05, 04:38 PM
The cold wind shrieks as loudly as the wolves' howls as the Ur-Klan slink off into the night, shivering in the cold but invisible to the canine predations. Falling upon the Ashghost fire, the snarling horde nearly sends the families into a panic until the strong warriors of each clan rally to the cause, driving back their foes into the night. Only the families of Skog and Kur are licking their wounds, while Bink and Abel lead their warriors in a victory dance--or at least, a draw dance.

Meanwhile, at the other fire, there may be heard a few snickers at the sound of the distant battle. No wolves come to torment the happy, warm goblins crowded around the brightly blazing Scumborn fire.

Turn 4

Having passed the night in the bare, rocky terrain, the goblins complete their descent into the wide river valley as it opens up into a high mountain lake. Yummy trout can be seen leaping from the crystal cold waters, and the air has warmed ever so slightly with the change in altitude.

Scrubby trees grow along the banks, providing sufficient fuel for fires that were sorely tested the previous night. Additionally, scouts of the Ur-Klan and Bonechains report sighting a herd of elk grazing on hillsides along the eastern horizon, where the river breaks from the lake to continue its meandering journey to the sea--the land of the elves.

Objective: Recover.

Deadline: Monday, January 12, 1200 EST.

Terrain: Mountain valley.

Resources: Normal.

Weekly Challenge

At the cost of 1 Craft, each goblin family may make fishing hooks to try their hand at culling the trout supply in the lake. Roll 2d6:

2-4: No fish
5-7: Some fish (+1 Food)
8-9: More fish (+2 Food)
10-12: Much fish! (+3 Food)

The fishing hooks become useless after this turn.

Optional Quest

Brave goblins do not fear the cold! They rush into the lake and grab those mean, nasty, tasty, scrumptious, crunchable trout by their silvery tails and throw them onto the banks for their brethren to collect. You may choose to take this Optional Quest in addition to the Weekly Challenge. Roll 2d6 and consult the table above; HOWEVER, if you roll an EVEN number, your goblins catch cold and take 1 Damage. You gain 1 Prestige for bravery plus an additional +1 Prestige for each fish (i.e., unit of food) caught.

LuckyStrike
2015-01-05, 06:06 PM
The Scumborn start chopping down the beautiful scenery in the hope of building a fire to fry up some fish n chips.
While Sheila pulls out the salt and vinegar, the braver younger Scumborn dive in to see who can snag the most fish barehanded.

Woodcutting action:
[roll0]

Fish challenge:

[roll1]

Result:

That's 2 wood, Scumborn make a fire!
And one lonely fish rolled up in a newspaper, not much of a feast but the mood is right in camp Scumborn.

Anyone feeling for joining the fire feel free, a food in return would be appreciated but not necessary.

Farmerbink
2015-01-05, 07:40 PM
Bink rises midmorning, enjoying the warmth of the embers, and trying to recover from the fatigue of fighting a late-night battle. Thankfully, his clansmen all survived. They were good, strong goblins- bright of eye, and quick with the spear. He was pleased to be their chief. Smiling, he surveyed the land before him.

As the first Scumborn crawls out of the frigid lake, Bink's eyes light up. Yes... There must be plentiful fish in that lake! He retrieves his clan's last remaining crafting reserve, and begins carefully shaping it into a glove with small hooks where the fingers should be. This! Come near, brothers and sisters! Take this thing, and wear it like so. When you swim in the lake, hook a fish and we will feast mightily as the night wanes! -1 craft, and ROLL THEM DICE!
[roll0]
Quickly, one of his clansmen crawls ashore with a fish! Nearly immediately another clansmen follows! As the morning progresses, however, either the fish get quicker, or the goblins get slower. For their efforts, they receive +1 unit of food! Furthermore, the gods smiled upon them, and the goblins warmed themselves by the embers of last night's fire in-between trips into the lake. No goblins were hurt.

As half of his clan takes turns diving into the frigid water with the makeshift claw-hook, Bink turns to the rest gathered behind him. Find me more to work with! We need a sled! GO! He smiles, as they scamper into the distance. Yes, he is very pleased to be their chief, indeed.

gathering [roll1] crafting reserves

As his foragers return, arms bulging with materials, Bink lets out a whoop and grins widely. Brighteyes! Brighteyes! Brighteyes! As they dance and chant, Bink and his best helpers craft a sled from the reserves they found.

You left off the 3 prestige from the goblins that fought the wolves last round! Derp is me. :smallfrown:

Farmerbink
2015-01-05, 09:34 PM
for confusion's sake. This roll is for the fish-hooks. (I was really confused why it cost 1 craft AND could hurt us... Apparently, I should sleep more). [roll0] FOR GREAT JUSTICE!

.... and fish!

Kensen
2015-01-06, 06:40 AM
Ur-Klan

Since the Ur-Klan have firewood reserves, they start a fire. "Everyone is welcome to stay at our fire. One food, wood or craft is the only payment we ask."

(-2 wood; will add a third to make a large fire as soon as a tribe with 1 wood to add joins the fire.)

"Let's hunt, goblins!"

Hunting (+1 perk, -1 damage?): [roll0]

EDIT: Yes! Eating 1 food to heal. 3 units of food are available for sale, 1 for 1. Crafting reserves are preferred, but wood is also ok.

neriractor
2015-01-06, 10:29 AM
abel hardly standsk up his tribe left last night unharmed but the fight with the leader was already tiresome just to be attacked when about to sleep, but well, seen the sun rising he looked to the most beautiful elk he had seen in his life "there's dinner"he walked to the tents waking up the ironhides in his way to the semi-armory than the ironhides bringed and grabbed the bow he has been using, "grab your slings and javelins we are gonna go on a hunting trip"

The clan returns with far more meat than they can carry(they made two trips) in the way back, he goes to frosty who was just waking up "take your scouts and get some fight you skinny lazy gobbos" frosty looks at the river the water shaking with the anger oaf the gods and a bunch of sharps rocks, and then he saw the face of his leader and then he said:
"gulp, im on it sir" he rallied the scouts and without a second tought launched to the river looking for them fishes.

look for the fishes [roll]2d6

the scouts bring back frosty and some other goblins beaten up and with the forehead warm abel makes a gesture to put them in a bed roll and then approaches frosty:
"you did a good job you and your scouts rest, tell your scouts to eat as much as they want and in the hunt we founded some herbs that help in the disease stuff."
Abel then walks to the tents of each of the usual fire families leaders (bone chains,ashghost,and brighteyes) and tells them just about the same thing: "friend our family did a very good hunt today and we dont know them fancy preserving technique for food, so if your family needs food just let me know and I hope we all can share a fire today"

atfer some small talk about the hunting tactics with the one they leaved the valley elk-free Abel walks to the Ur-klan fire and said to turon:
"my family and I will like to join the fire,we have spare food so I was hoping to trade you a one day ration for a spot, but may I ask ¿what led you to start the fire instead of letting the ashghost do it as usual? ¿and are we all gonna share fire still or do you hold some sort of anger against our comrades"
sacrifices one extra food to heal one damage; offers one food to the ones who need them (of the list I just named) and tries to trade one for a spot at the Ur-klan fire

Omegonthesane
2015-01-07, 09:11 PM
The Rockfangs might have preferred to actually rest, but the opportunity was too good - many felt the need to fish, to gather as much food as they could while the time was right. The more conventional fisher-goblins were significantly more successful than those who simply splashed about in the water praying to the Great Dreamer for a catch, but the latter were what many would remember - their bravery in risking their lives to get food was praiseworthy, since it also happened to be without consequence on this occasion.

The three High Shamans oversaw the looting of the surrounding area, and were quick to capitalise on a rare and prestigious find - an ancient dwarf hatchet, abandoned in circumstances unknown. It was a little rusty, and the handle had to be reworked for goblin usage, but surely it would greatly improve wood-gathering efforts in future.

The shamans had agreed, and so Sleg had decreed, that the Rockfangs had heard bad things about the Ur-Klan sticking to deals, and in any case refused to be part of that group's blatant empire-building. Thus, they made their own fire, and posted crude signs offering trade, while their people ate, drank, and were merry. No need for the outsiders to know that that was the last of their food supplies - surely they could leverage their wood into an advantageous position for future nights.

This time, the now-customary hastily written crude sign near the Rockfang fire read "FUD FOR WARMF. OR TORK TO BOSS SLEG."

Rolls in the OOC thread.

Resources: Gather 5 Craft.

Weekly Challenge: Rolled 9, gain +2 Food, lose 1 Craft
Optional Quest: Rolled 3, gain no food, gain +1 Prestige, take no damage

Upkeep:
Construct Awesome Axe for 6 Craft.
Construct Small Fire.
Eating 1 Food.
Spending 1 Food to heal 1 Damage.
Open offer of a place at the fire for 1 Food; anything else would need to be negotiated.

Grim ranger
2015-01-08, 07:14 AM
Bonechains

Seeing that they don't have quite much in way of crafting materials, Kur sends out his scouts to the other families before doing anything else, seeking to trade favors for necessary crafting materials.

Bonechains offer to keep whatever family gives them 1 Craft fed for the next 2 turns

Kensen
2015-01-08, 08:03 AM
Ur-Klan

Turon greets Abel. "You are welcome at our fire. It shall also be the Ashghosts' fire if they so wish. All other comrades are still also welcome. There is no enmity, we simply arrived before the Ashghosts, and as you can imagine, we needed to get the fire started immediately after spending last week without a fire."

"There's one more thing -- I've heard rumors that some tribes do not consider the Ur-Klan trustworthy. I hope you don't listen to such rumors. For we kept our end of the deal with the Ashghosts; we gave them the food we promised and did not ask them to give it back though we left the camp."

Farmerbink
2015-01-08, 12:32 PM
Bink approaches Skog as the Ashghosts clan leader rises. Skog, see I have food aplenty for both our clans. I suggest that you have your clansmen collect firewood that we might be warmed, perhaps beside our allies, the Ur-klan and Ironhides. We are strong, and will only be safer with each other's strengths! (trade offer: food this week for fire this week)

Bink then approaches Turon and Abel at their fire. I was surprised by your action, Turon, though I see your clan has weathered the cold safely nonetheless. I am glad to see it. Abel, old friend. Bink smiles as he nods to his allies. I hope Skog will see the wisdom in my suggestion, and that we four can rest and dance around a sizable fire these next evenings.

Old_Man
2015-01-10, 04:27 PM
Redhands

Resources: crafting [roll0]

Challenge: Into the water [roll1]

Old_Man
2015-01-10, 04:58 PM
Redhands

Relieved to be out of the bare mountains, Git looks at the clear blue water brimming with fish.
"Ooh, fishies!" shouts Betty and charges down the hill casting of clothes and diving into the icy water. "Eeeeeeee, c-c-c-cold." The rest of the tribe quickly follow her into the water. The Redhands throw fish out of the water with the skill of hungry bears. Although they alternate swimming and warming on the shore, some stay in the water much to long.

Lips blue and fingers wrinkled, the Redhands take their catch over to where the Scumborn have started a fire. "Sheila, that water was brisk. I'm glad you got a fire going already." Git says to the Scumborn leader. "We had a real good catch if you would like a bit more fish."

ooc- give one food to Scumborn and join their fire

EDIT @ Grim ranger will trade 1 craft for 2 food (to be given now or next two turns)

As his family fishes, Git sees a messenger from the Bonechains run up. "Tell Elfstabber that we have some bits and pieces in the sled. I've been saving them to make something special, but if you can use one of them now, we can trade with you."

"take this Optional Quest in addition to the Weekly Challenge"
2d6 result 4 in ooc thread

Redhands will eat two one extra food to cure the above damage

Mordae
2015-01-12, 10:50 AM
Ashghosts

Skog looked over the cold lake, a plan forming in his mind. His tired goblins needed food and rest, but the whole tribe would suffer if there was no fire. To his crafters, he set them to making hooks and crude spears with which to capture the elusive trout. "There must be much food tonight, with red meat," he told them. "If luck brings you fish, take it to our woodcutters that they may eat and be strong. Then we will bargain for elk with our fire." If they succeed, then the wood harvest will be much more valuable.

A short while later, Skog smiled a crooked grin as his woodcutters feasted, and then again he grinned as they returned, arms fully laden. He quickly dispatched two units of wood with his best wishes to the Ur-Klan fire. "I give you these two woods to make your fire grow large. We sit with you tonight and share your meat?"

Trade: 2 wood to Ur-Klan for 1 food + spot at the fire.

Spend 1 craft to fish.
[roll0]

If at least 1 food obtained, spend 1 food to heal 1 damage.

Then, chop-chop!

[roll1] minus damage (1 or 2).

No optional quest yet--damaged enough already.

Mordae
2015-01-12, 11:22 AM
Rattlebones

The night had been a cool one, and Tok slept only fitfully as the words of the Ironhides runner still echoed in his ears. The favor could be anything. Perhaps it would be little, but Tok knew in his heart that were he owed a favor he would make it pay. And so, as the light broke over the valley, he roused his clan with a dour expression on his wizened face. "Get up, you lot! Crafters, come to me. Today we must begin to repay our debts. Gather your best, give a little to our hunters that they might fish. The rest, see what you can make and what the Ironhides or Rockfangs may need. If our fishers are lucky, we eat. If not, we beg. Again. So make it your best!" With kicks and grunts, he sent them scattering to their work.

The Rattlebones did not disappoint, and by mid-afternoon the crafters were as busy making tools as their hunters were filleting fish. Tok considered the bounty for awhile before going out to make negotiations.

First, he went to visit the Rockfangs, bringing them food as the sign requested. "Tell Sleg we will be honored to share his fire once again. I will return once I have spoken with the Ironhides."

Striding over to the large fire with his head held high, Tok carried his ceremonial spear and raised it to the salute as he approached Abel Armstrong. "Ironhides fed my clan when we were hungry and had nothing to offer. Now I come to return the favor. I see your hunters have but an ordinary bow. I will have my master craftsman build you a bow of great power, in exchange that we take that old thing off your hands and you consider our debt paid."

Trade: 1 food to Rockfangs for fire.
Trade: 1 AwBow to Ironhides for 1 Bow plus favor cleared.

[roll0]

Spend 1 craft to fish: [roll1]

neriractor
2015-01-12, 11:50 AM
Abel greets Tok he listens to the offer and atfer taking a little bite of fish he starts to form an answer "this really took me by surprise; I did not think you would come so early to repay the debt..." he takes a little pause to cough a little (the increase in the fire also made a lot of smoke) and then he kept going "but that doesnt matter I´m glad that your family can stand on his feet again and in times of peace my family might need another craft to survive; and there will always be need for food so we have a deal, your debt is paid and you can have our old rusty bow"

Farmerbink
2015-01-12, 12:50 PM
Bink approaches Kur, of the bone chains. Kur, see how there is room by our fire. Come, warm yourself, and be merry. The food is plentiful, and the fire is bright! Goblin clans should dance!

Bink leads Kur to the spacious fire, and joins in the revelry beginning.

Kensen
2015-01-13, 07:07 AM
Ur-Klan

Turon thanks the Ashghosts for the firewood. Turon sends a few scouts out to visit the other goblin families.

"Anyone need food? We have a plenty, but we need crafting resources! Want to trade?"

(Still hoping to get the aw. bow)

Grim ranger
2015-01-13, 03:53 PM
Bonechains

Having almost given up hope of acquiring the tools they need, Bonechains greet the arrival of necessary materials to make hooks with a cheer. As hooks are made, Kur leads his family in scavenging some other trinkets necessary for building things int he future before they go to fish.

After trying their luck with the lake, Bonechains join Brighteyes by their fire, hardly the most social of goblins but still joining in on the festivities.

Bonechains accept trade from Redhands, make hooks, gather Craft and try their luck with fishing.

[roll0] (Craft)

[roll1] (Trouts)

Mordae
2015-01-14, 04:15 PM
Turn 5

Doc (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1r-g9y3nuDV02e_aHM2VRHZRucSf-HgUkoI2HFyhyzQA/edit#gid=1703712761)

Having restocked their food, the goblins continue their lonesome journey down the river valley. The thundering of the waters seems to grow ever louder, until their path leads them directly to a high cliff wall over which the river rages in an endless torrent into the deep pools below. On the far bank, the sharpest-eyed goblins can make out an ancient stair cut into the sheer stone. But to get there, and get down, requires getting across the water...

Fortunately, the goblins can back up their crossing point far enough to ensure success before they tumble to a wet, rocky death. But cross they must, or else the journey ends here in the high mountains.

Objective: Cross the river.

Deadline: Wednesday, January 21, 1200 EST.

Terrain: Mountain valley.

Resources: Normal, on both sides.

Weekly Challenge

Well, you've got choices.

(1) For the cost of four wood, you can build a raft capable of carrying two families and 10 units of resources/tools. This option is worth 5 prestige.

(2) For the cost of five craft, you can fashion a fiendishly clever goblin device capable of carrying one family and 5 units of resources/tools. Such a device, naturally, survives only long enough to make the crossing. This option is worth 10 prestige.

(3) If you have an existing sled, you can upgrade it with outriggers and pontoons to make it a Floating Sled at the cost of 1 wood and 2 craft. The Floating Sled carries one family and 10 units of resources/tools. This option is worth 5 prestige; the Floating Sled is equivalent to a 10 craft units for future prestige value.

(4) You can swim across. This option is worth 10 prestige, incurs 1 Damage due to the cold water, and requires the family to leave all resources/tools on the near bank.

Optional Quest

Are you kidding me? Crazy goblins are talking about going over the falls to show their devotion to the great goblin gods. Are you crazy? If so, roll 2d6 and consult the table below:

2-8: Bold goblin dies but his bravery earns the family 10 prestige. Family takes 1 Damage.
9-11: Bold goblin survives, badly injured. Family earns 20 prestige. Family takes 1 Damage.
12: Bold goblin survives unscathed, proving his great worth! Family earns 30 prestige for proving their true fidelity to the great goblin gods.

Kensen
2015-01-15, 03:05 AM
Ur-Klan

A fast-moving river... Turon remembered some stories he had heard from old goblins that whenever the goblin nation moved somewhere, there would always be a river somewhere along the way. Every time.

Turon shouted: "Ur-Klan, get your green arses moving and craft some stuff! Sharp rocks, bones, anything we can fashion into tools and weapons!"

Craft: [roll0]

Seeing that they didn't get enough resources to make an awesome tool, Turon orders his goblins to make a sled out of.. bones and rocks. (-5 Craft)

LuckyStrike
2015-01-15, 03:08 PM
The Scumborn all line up at the side of the river in an orderly fashion. The armflaps hanging from their black hooded shirts blow in the wind.
They stand for a few minutes not moving a muscle but all seem to be waiting for something.

[roll0]

'Hyaaaaaaaaaaaaaiaiaiaiaiaaaaaa!!!'

A shrill scream can be heard disappearing between the roaring of the falls.

Sheila nods and exhales slowly. She passes the last fish along the line and every Scumborn takes a bite.

(Consume 1 food to heal 1 damage)

Then, as if an invisible finger flicks them into the water.. One by one every Scumborn takes a graceful dive into the cold. Leaving their axes and pills behind.

Arriving at the other side, Sheila wastes no time kicking her clan into action and sends them to gather wood and make a fire to warm up by.

(Gather wood) 6

(Make large fire)

From the far side of the river Sheila shouts at the other families:

'It's doable! Come warm your asses at our fire!! Also, we forgot our axe, and my allergy pills!! Much obliged if you could take it with you!!!!'

Old_Man
2015-01-15, 03:56 PM
Redhands

The Redhands aproach the river. "I don't wanna swim Boss. My jibblies are still cold after fishing. Maybe we can float the sled?"
Git grins at his lieutenant. "Betty, you don't even have jibblies, but I see what you mean. You and the boys get the sled sea worthy. Use some small rocks or a duck to help it float. And make extra room to carry stuff."

ooc- use 1 wood and 2 craft to make pontoon sled
take Scumborn's axe and pep-pills
If my math is correct, Redhands have space for 3 more items (more if you can convince them to drop resources.)

The Redhands load up their, the Scumborn's, and [insert tribe(s) here]'s goods and float down the river.
"I'm king of the... hey, Betty, do you hear a roaring sound?"

Optional Quest - over the falls
[roll0]

EDIT - Redhands Part II

On the far side of the river, the Redhands join the large fire set up by the Scumborn.
"Sheila, you swam off without your axe and medecine. You don't mind taking it back do you? The Bonechains are hunting for our tribe, but it looks like we both need some extra food again."

Kensen
2015-01-15, 04:58 PM
Ur-Klan

The Ur-Klan were staring at the river with worried looks on their faces. "Brothers, the water moves so fast we cannot possibly take our resources across the river. But at least we'll have our axe and sled."

The goblins are almost in the water as the river starts suddenly moving faster. A LOT faster.

"Well crap."

Offer: I'll give 1 wood and 1 food to any family of goblins who'll build a raft with the Ur-Klan. You'll have to supply the missing 3 wood, but on the upside, your goblins will be well fed...

LuckyStrike
2015-01-15, 05:03 PM
'Git, you magnificent bastard! Have a seat!'

Sheila takes her axe and twirls it around.

'Thanks, old pal. Yeah, food is going to be a tricky one But there is space for two more here, so someone might be inclined to dry up here and in return share some food.

She shrugs..

'Time will tell.'

neriractor
2015-01-15, 09:34 PM
the ironhides move around a little they see that the scumborn and redhands are missing"well thats a lot lets people to compete for resources with us"... but then they noticed the fire and stoped worriyng about those familes where abouts.

after seeing the Ur-klan kick a bunch of locks around an the wild river the Ironhides decided to help a little to create a boat.The only trouble being the lack of axes to cut the wood; not a big deal just like the old nana armstrong used to said "if it can´t be cuted, you burn it, hit it or it doesn´t deserve th trouble" and so all the Ironhides started punching trees and hitting them with sharp sticks.

but something was missing in the woodcutting,"hey where is that little prankster bobby with his fancy funny tricks".

"!AaaaHHhhh¡" !splash¡

woodcutting roll:[roll0]

if I get three or more I make a boat with the Ur-klan extra wood and let them go with me (we each get to take five things) but I will like to take six if it doesn´t botter you. If I don´t get more than two im screwed.

crazy fall challenge [roll1]

oh poor little bobby well at least the gods,magic,that baby carrier bird... food;yeah food got a new baby Ironhide in the family don´t let them little kids ask any more questions.

Abel walked the closest he colud get to the river whitout falling of and them started started yelling his lungs out to get git to listen !IF YOU GIVE ME SOME LOGS TO BUILD A BOAT I CAN PROVIDE FOOD FOR YOU TONIGHT WHEN I GET THERE¡

spends one food to heal one damage; offers the redhands one food later for one unit of wood to build a boat

Grim ranger
2015-01-16, 03:07 AM
Bonechains

Looking at the challenging crossing with slight feeling of dread, Kur decides to go to Ironhides and suggest a deal. "We can chop you wood if we get that food and crossing across the river. How about it?"

Offering to do Woodcutting action this round to provide Ironhides with the extra wood they need in return of getting across the river and that 1 food,

neriractor
2015-01-16, 09:37 AM
Abel greets kur, "if you can get enough wood i will be happy to feed you and keep you as dry as the boat we are making allows"

ooc: retires offers made to the redhands and the the Ur-klan for now. if the bonechains give me the wood for the boat I make the boat, and hope than we can get an agreement on the resources.

Mordae
2015-01-16, 10:09 AM
Skog stumps his way over to where Kur and Abel are negotiating. "Perhaps I make wood enough for plenty of rafts, and hunters stick to hunting? My men are already attacking the trees right now." He looks over to where a dozen stumpy goblins are chopping with a fervor seldom seen. By the time they finish, there's enough raw timber laying around to ALMOST make two whole rafts. "ALRIGHT, WHO NEEDS WOOD?" he rasps loudly to all the goblins who can hear.

Trade offer: Ashghosts will make a raft and carry that family and 8 units of their stuff. Looking for food and fire today, and maybe some craft to put toward an AwAxe.
Trade offer: Three wood available for best offers.

[roll0]

Grim ranger
2015-01-16, 10:48 AM
Bonechains

Considering, Kur nods slowly to Skog before turning to Abel. "That could work... How about I hunt food for all of our families and help Ashghosts with their need for an axe. In return Ashghosts can make boat and give Ironhides help with the fire if possible, and all of our families will have a place to sleep tonight. How does that sound?"

Omegonthesane
2015-01-17, 03:52 AM
Rockfangs

The shamans agreed, and so Sleg decreed, that the Rockfangs were to gather wood as they had in the Before Time, to create a great fire - and to make a raft. Woodcutting went fantastically well, or what would have been considered fantastic on any other day; on this day, however, it was actually awkward, as they might have to leave things behind.

(Generate 8 Wood)

In addition, never having been all that afraid to die, a number of bored Rockfangs decided to jump the waterfall, a show of their faith and trust in the Great Dreamer. Though hardly alright, they definitely survived, showing the stupidity bravery of their clan.

(Rolled a 7 for the optional quest, for 20 Prestige and 1 Damage)

The High Shaman of Ash personally approached the Ur-Klan camp.

"I am aware that we have had our... concerns... about your past actions, but I am fairly confident that they were unfounded, and wish to extend the apology of Chieftain Sleg himself.

"We have found that we will lose more wood if we try to share your raft than if we simply let you build your own. However, that is a problem for another day - I doubt there will come a time when the Rockfangs want for wood. Indeed, if you would be willing to give us more food, instead of contributing wood to making the raft, we would be perfectly happy to do things that way."

(Rockfangs consume 4 Wood, building a raft and planning to take with them 1 Wood, 5 Food, Botono, Dorfcutter, the Ur-Klan's sled and the Ur-Klan's axe. Need to shift 5 Wood.

Rockfangs are willing to accept the Ur-Klan's original terms but they'd rather be paid 2 Food and 0 Wood if that's also acceptable to the Ur-Klan.)

While the raft was under construction the High Shaman of Bone looked at the combined pile of Rockfang and Ur-Klan resources with some dismay - there was no way that just one raft would carry it all, yet at the same time, the surplus was hardly enough to justify building a second raft.

(Other trade decisions pending answers to questions in OOC)

Kensen
2015-01-18, 07:51 AM
Ur-Klan

Turon greets Git Rat-Ear: "Thank you for these excellent crafting materials. Here is the food we promised."

-2 food, +2 craft -- upgrading sled to floating sled (-2 craft, -1 wood)

Not long after, the Rockfangs visit the Ur-Klan's temporary camp.

"I agree that we should leave our past differences behind us. However, we already built a floating sled. What I can offer is to transport some of your resources to the other side; there is a plenty of room in our sled. We can also sell 1 of our food units; the last one we'll keep so we won't starve."

New offer: Ur-Klan will transport any extra resources across the river, for free.
Offer: Selling 1 food to the Rockfangs for 1 wood or 1 craft.

Old_Man
2015-01-19, 01:50 PM
Redhands

Earlier at the near-side of the river...
Redhands and Ur-Klan worked side by side adding on to their sleds. Shouts of 'use a little more duck-tape', 'no, rotate it slantwise', and 'that was my toe!' echoed above the sounds of construction.
Git spoke with his Ur-Klan counter part. "No thanks needed. You are helping us out too, Turon. The sled-boats should prove useful for everyone." Turning, he spied the leader of the Ironhides. "Armstrong, you got a minute? Lets talk about that deal..."

Later on the far-side...
Git lounged around the fire warming up. He was happy to be able to help out his friend Sheila and to have made some good trades with the Ur-Klan, Ironhides, and [insert tribe name]. He had more need of extra food now than for the bits and pieces he gave away. He would just have to put his plans for making new tools on hold for another day. Besides, he could use the Ironhides' bow for now.

"Ok, boys. Rest, eat, and go back out and hunt up some more food."

Heal: consume 1 food

Resource: hunting using Ironhides' awesome bow [roll0]

neriractor
2015-01-19, 06:25 PM
Abel walks towards the huge pile of lumber the ashghots have gathered and starts talking to skog:
"skog I think Imay have gotten an answer to our trouble, you and your man can make a boat and take my spear,the bone chains and some food, I will hate to see my reserves go to waste,and my people is strong a little bit of water won´t harm us, what do you say my friend will the three of us reach safety."

if the asghost agree I swim to the other side (+10 prestige,-1damage)

before going to the other side Abel sees bink sitting on a stone, this was the first time he saw his little crafter friend without that great spark of energy in his eyes and he decided to help: "bink I have heard about your troubles in this nasty situation, and I hate to see a friend in trouble" he takes a little pause to cath his breath cutting wood is really tiresome,"how can skog do that everyday" he thinks to himself then he keeps talking : "if it helps we cutted some wood today but the ashghost have that covered, we were gonna leave it behind might as well leave it with a friend"

gives the brigtheyes the two wood units they wont be using, and there might be some more later

Farmerbink
2015-01-19, 10:17 PM
At Abel's words, Bink's expression shifts from contemplative to delight in a heartbeat. Abel! You are a god among goblins, my friend! This aid could not have come at a better time, and I assure you, it will not soon be forgotten!

Clan Brighteyes!! MAKE! THIS! SLED! FLOAT!! the small goblin bellowed through a small conical tube, and his voice was projected far beyond what his tiny voice usually could manage. Immediately, the clan began gathering their supplies and got to work. Several minutes, 2 crafting units, and 1 wood unit later, they pushed the ungainly sled into the stream. With several poles and long, tough vines, they held it in place as their tools and food was loaded on board.

Just as the last few goblins were about to board, Bandy Brighteye (Bink's tiny nephew) sprinted off down the banks. LOOOK AT MEE, UNCLE BINK!!! LOOK AT MEEEEEEeee! As the wee goblin leapt from the falls, his voice dwindled beyond audibility.

[roll0] D: My nephew!

On the other side of the river, Bink Brighteye shakes his head at the young goblin's antics. I hope the little fool lives through that.... he mutters as he steps of the raft/sled. Clan Brighteyes! Do we forget our debts?!?

No! Never! No! ..maybe sometimes?

Somebody hit that wisecracker in the back! And then! GET CRAFTING!

[roll1] use 5 to make a SLED! (I think that leaves me at 5 CR, currently?)

As his goblins return with an abundance of crafting reserves, Bink sets to work with his mighty hammer! Before nightfall, he approaches Abel, of clan Ironhides. Noble Abel! You have shown kindness to me and my clan! I do hope you can make use of a sled, because I can't make use of two!! He guides Abel to where his best craftsmen are putting the finishing touch on a sled, bedecked with an imprinted leather front hand-guard. Please, take it, along with my gratitude and blessings for the future!

Eat an extra food to heal the damage. Stupid Bandy. Didn't jump out, just jumped down. Also, I've a wood to use to help build a fire!

Mordae
2015-01-20, 12:55 PM
Ashghosts

Skog nods to Abel's bold suggestion. "We will return your things on the far side. Your goblins are twice brave, Abel Armstrong."

Turning, he goes to find Kur Elfstabber to inform him that he has a means of crossing.

EDIT: Later, on the far side, Ashghosts contribute 3 wood to make a large fire with the Brighteyes.

Mordae
2015-01-20, 01:07 PM
Rattlebones

Tok surveys the busy horde of goblins, noting the Rockfangs raft that seems half-empty. Marching over, he approaches the mighty Sleg. "I know you seek a mighty bow with which to hunt. My crafters will help you if you help carry them across the river. So Tok swears by the goblin gods. Two craft for the journey. More if you give us some food."

Trade offer: Rattlebones give 2 craft to Rockfangs on the far side in exchange for transit, and then offer a 1 for 1 trade of up to three additional craft units (unless I roll a 1, in which case limited to 2) for food.

neriractor
2015-01-20, 06:21 PM
Abel sees Bink made it safely trough the river while he was resting from a bunch of rock hits in the river "I just helped a friend who was in trouble,is just like nana armstrong used to say a goblin that doesn´t care for his friends is just a green,short human. But I appreciate the sled"he stares at the sled for a moment and then continues:
"is clear than the brighteyes are the best crafter family and of all them you are the best one. I will make sure it is put to good use, and someday it will be a relic of the friendship between Ironhides and Brighteyes,I promise my friend."

he goes to the ashghost lider skog the mighty, powerful woodsman and asks "will you allow us a spot old friend we still have some food for you if it is needed,but I´m sure the bonechains will hunt enough if we need anithyng else. I just than the boys are looking forward to the heat of the fire after having to cross the river."

Mordae
2015-01-22, 03:08 PM
Ashghosts

"There is room for you at the fire always," says Skog. "We work together and are strong."

Rattlebones

Hopping on the raft, the Rattlebones nervously get to work crafting on the far side to repay their debt.

[roll0]

Bonechains

Knowing well the debts they owe, and reminded often, the Bonechains accept the offers on the table and get to work making food, as is their trade.

[roll1]

Omegonthesane
2015-01-24, 06:45 PM
Ur-Klan

Turon greets Git Rat-Ear: "Thank you for these excellent crafting materials. Here is the food we promised."

-2 food, +2 craft -- upgrading sled to floating sled (-2 craft, -1 wood)

Not long after, the Rockfangs visit the Ur-Klan's temporary camp.

"I agree that we should leave our past differences behind us. However, we already built a floating sled. What I can offer is to transport some of your resources to the other side; there is a plenty of room in our sled. We can also sell 1 of our food units; the last one we'll keep so we won't starve."

New offer: Ur-Klan will transport any extra resources across the river, for free.
Offer: Selling 1 food to the Rockfangs for 1 wood or 1 craft.

"Of course."

Rockfangs accept 1 food for 1 wood, and if there's any overflow they'll dump the extra wood on the Ur-Klan raft before using it to make a fire.
Rockfangs invite Ur-Klan to the fire for no additional fee.

Grim ranger
2015-01-28, 03:53 PM
Bonechains

Mindful of their obligations to other families and need to feed themselves still, Bonechains get to work searching for edibles, their experience as hunters and proper bows certainly helping with their endeavors.

[roll0] (Hunting roll)

Mordae
2015-01-29, 01:51 PM
Safe, warm, and dry on the far side, the goblins celebrate their crossing around the large bonfires and make ready to descend the tricky stone stairs to the valley floor far below.

Turn 6

Doc (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1r-g9y3nuDV02e_aHM2VRHZRucSf-HgUkoI2HFyhyzQA/edit#gid=1703712761)

The wind cuts harshly across the stone face of the mountain. Only the scraggliest of trees can grow here, and only the hardiest of mountain goats survive. But cut into the cliffs are three tunnels, and kobolds standing guard! They eye the arriving goblins warily, but do not attack on sight. Perhaps they recognize a kindred spirit in the short, green-skinned pilgrims. Or perhaps they are trying to decide whether goblins are good eats...

Objective: Negotiate the mountain passage.

Deadline: Thursday, February 5, 1200 EST.

Terrain: Cliffs.

Resources: Scarce. Hunting and woodcutting are halved. Crafting rolls take a -2 penalty.

Weekly Challenge

The kobolds are willing to negotiate. Gain 6 prestige for every trade.

(1) For 1 of any resource, you can share their caves for the night, and thus do not need fire.

(2) You can trade 1 craft or 1 wood for 1 food. (Limit one per family.)

(3) For 1 tool or 4 craft, they will trade 1 unit of Kobold Poison, which is a one-time use tool that gives a +2 to fighting rolls (in addition to spear and perk bonuses) and does 1 bonus damage on a successful attack. (Limit 6 total.)

Optional Quest

Some goblins aren't satisfied with playing nice. They want to attack the kobold nests!

The kobolds are wily fighters and will not hesitate to use their poison to defend their home. One kobold nest fights at 1d6+4. Any nests that are not in combat will join in the defense of their fellows, adding +3 to the roll. (E.g., if only one nest is attacked, all three defend at +10; if two nests are attacked, one defends at +7 and the other at +4, chosen randomly; if all three are attacked, each defends at +4.)

Goblin families may assist either side of the battle (e.g., joining their fellow goblins, or defending the kobolds).

If you defeat a kobold nest, you get to take their stuff. Each nest has: 4 food, 1 wood, 2 craft, and 2 units of Kobold Poison.

If the kobolds win, the attacking family takes one additional bonus Damage (in addition to the amount dictated by the combat roll) from the poison.

Once attacked, a kobold nest will no longer trade with any goblins unless that family defended the kobolds against an attack.

neriractor
2015-01-29, 06:13 PM
Abel is tired the nigth really hitted them hard and this time they had no food, something had to be made today, frosty sees the tired leader and promtly approaches :"dont worry boss me and the scouts wil go hunting"

[roll0]/2

atfer a really bad hunt the Ironhides sended scouts to every tribe: "if anibody is willing to help us we can rally the kobolds together, trade with them first if you will like to,but the moment we turn around I can assure you they are gonna hunt us down to the last. with their nasty poison"

to the redhands he made the same proposal only that Abel came personally to see the rat-eared warrior

Omegonthesane
2015-01-31, 01:50 AM
Rockfangs

Injured, and faced with the prospect of no hunting to be had, the Rockfangs simply rested.

The three shamans debated amongst themselves. What the Ironhides proposed was shameful to most civilised peoples, but the Great Dreamer cared little for mere mortal values. The primary concern was the risk of the endeavour. If any goblins disagreed, they might go so far as to help the other side, and if word of how the goblins treated their hosts spread, it would be unlikely that anyone else would aid them.

In the end, the majority of the Rockfangs settled into one of the kobold caves, while the High Shaman of Bone went to the Ironhides to inform them of their decision.

"The kobolds have offered us shelter and food, and you would reward their charity with murder. Your proposal is shameful and, more importantly, dangerous. We no doubt have the numbers and warriors to strike them down if push truly came to shove, but it would not be wise to make the first move, lest all the world remember. Remember how we slaughtered people after trading with them. Remembered how we severed the hand that fed us. We would be unlikely to see such friendship again if such a thing happened.

"Let us prepare in case they attack us, sure, but we cannot simply assume they will murder their guests."

~~~

Rockfangs spend their resource phase resting to recover 1 damage.
Rockfangs trade with the kobolds: 1 Wood for a night in the caves, another Wood for 1 Food.
If combat starts before someone convinces me to change policy, Rockfangs will assist the kobolds in combat if the goblins attack first... and if this is secretly a trap and the kobolds attack any other goblin tribe, the Rockfangs will assist that tribe.

neriractor
2015-01-31, 08:20 AM
Abel watches as the shaman approaches:"very well holy man Im just wary of the risks that we could be taking, unlike you, I seem to remenber the times were the goblins seeked aid atfer catastophre an everyone ignored them or worst, you are in touch with the spirits and we really need their help so what you say will be listened; but we are still in guard "

Omegonthesane
2015-02-01, 03:22 AM
The High Shaman of Bone heard Abel's response, and countered it. "There is a difference between 'being on guard' and 'striking first'. You were advocating that we trade with the kobolds and then turn on them. We have been spurned before - perhaps it was because people assumed we were a risk. And you would have us prove them right, now that we've been given a chance."

Kensen
2015-02-03, 04:17 AM
Ur-Klan

"Goblin's luck," Turon said as he eyed the barren terrain. "Still, we have work to be done. The mountain goats are nimble, but I'd wager we can catch a few so we'll survive."

Hunting: [roll0] <-- halved

Turon shook his head. "Only one goat? This is not good. We'll sleep in the kobolds' cave and hope that maintaining good relations with their kind will help us further down the road."

-1 food, given to the kobolds
Same defense strategy as the Rockfangs.

Mordae
2015-02-03, 12:59 PM
Rattlebones

The younger crafters looked forlornly at the bare cliffs. "There's not much here, boss," they report glumly.

Tok is unmoved. "Damn the cliffs! Scavenge as much as you can. By your hands we will stay warm and fed tonight. And if you do well, perhaps we make a great spear. Just in case there is a fight."

[roll0] (includes -2 penalty)

Later, when his crafters are gleefully celebrating their good fortune, Tok merely smiles knowingly. And then he has his letterer put up a sign outside the entrance to the kobold cave where they are spending the night.

"TRADE OFFER: One spear for 2 anythings. First come, first stab!"

Taking down the sign after realizing most of his trade partners already have spears or don't have anything to offer, instead Tok sells the spear to the kobolds for some poison.

Trade 2 craft for food + fire.
Craft AwSpear (-8 craft)
Trade 1 spear for 1 KoPois,

Farmerbink
2015-02-03, 05:25 PM
Bink rises early, as he usually does. His keen eyes quickly notice the kobolds, and the thin wisps of smoke and steam that rises from their hidden hovels in the early-morning light. He turns his gaze to the landscape, and frowns. This is a harsh land. We will need allies more than ever in this place. Brawny! Buffy! To me!

When the two (unusually burly, for Brighteyes) goblins respond to his call, Bink directs them to two small piles of crafting reserve beside him. Each of you, take this, and approach those kobolds. See if they will trade these goods for food and shelter. Everyone else! Our stores are low! Fix this!

His goblins scramble into action, searching high and low for trinkets, sticks, and stones suitable for fashioning tools. They return with [roll0] (already counting -2 penalty) units of crafting reserves, to replenish the stockpile. Shortly thereafter, Brawny and Buffy return, empty-handed and smiling. They are happy to host us, boss! It's warm in those caves, too! No need for a fire! And they have a clear underground stream in one of 'em, just teeming with tasty fish! They're already roasting, and as you can see, their chief has accepted our gifts! Bink smiles, and raises a cheer. To the caves! Be warm and merry, Clan Brighteyes!

With the 8 remaining crafting reserve, I would like to make an awesome spear. And I would like to trade my not-awesome spear to the kobolds for a use of their poison!! (3 total trades, I think?)

As he leaves the smoldering embers, Bink looks around him. Loudly, he calls out, to any clan who would use it, I offer the use of my awesome bow! You use it for two weeks and feed us, next week, in exchange!

Mordae
2015-02-04, 09:23 AM
Ashghosts

Skog knew his stature within the tribe was diminishing by the hour. Still, he could not pass up the opportunity to protect his kin. There would be hard times ahead, he was sure.

Turning to Bink, he raises his axe in salute. "We take your offer, Bink Brighteye. I will make good use of this mighty bow and provide you with food for next week." Then, he sends his hunters running to scour the mountainside for the feral goats that would taste good by the fire.

[roll0] /2 = 4

Skog spent much time by the kobold fire, staring at the black axe that was his ancestors' treasure. It was powerful in his hands, but the might of the kobolds' special brew could not be denied. Finally, he stood abruptly and sought out the kobold war chief. "This axe has felled many mighty trees to bring fire and warmth to Ashghosts and other goblins. It is our lifeblood, our heritage. We give to you that you may chop mighty trees also, in exchange for your poison."

Skog's clanmates stared at him, stunned. There was much grumbling. Skog cut it off with a shake of the awesome spear and a stern glare. "Shut up!" he roared over the noise, before muttering, "I know what I'm doing...."

Trade 1 food for shelter.
Trade Axe for KoPois.

Old_Man
2015-02-04, 12:12 PM
Redhands

Git watched the little kobolds. They appeared to have plenty even though this was a rather barren area. Warm shelter, food supplies, and they appeared to have formidable defenses. The goblins could take it all if they worked together, but even as Git evaluated the outcome, he watched the other families make friends with the little creatures even so far as giving them weapons. "Well", Git thought to himself, "if you can't beat them, join them". Git sent his boys out to scour the spare shrub land for some useful trees and then went to trade with the kobolds.

Resources: Wood [roll0] woodcutting halved = 4 wood.

Weekly Challenge

The kobolds are willing to negotiate.

(1) Trade 1 wood to share their caves for the night

(2) Trade 1 wood for 1 food

(3) Trade 1 axe for 1 unit of Kobold Poison

Edit: halved resource rounded up

neriractor
2015-02-04, 02:06 PM
the Ironhides start grumbling there is no fire, barely food, and the shaman just got Abels mouth shut. Words of weakness was running around word that there was need for a new leader.

Abel had went to talk to the kobolds, "about what?" they think, then he came back,now without the Ironhide spear and with a weird green jar:

"Today we´ll be watching the kobolds moves from the inside, lets go "

in the weird situation that all of us decide to attack together Ironhides heal one damage and attack/help the goblins.

now trading spear for kobold poison and one food for staiyng in the nest

LuckyStrike
2015-02-04, 04:17 PM
The Scumborn worm and weasel their way into a kobold cavern for a wood. They trade another for some stew and take the time to bandage old wounds.

Mordae
2015-02-06, 04:39 PM
The Bonechains do what they do best--hunt. The goblins come back tired, but at least they will be able to bargain for fire.

[roll0] / 2 = 3

Trade 1 food to kobolds for fire.

Mordae
2015-02-09, 03:03 PM
The collective of homeless goblins spend a warm and dry evening safe in the caves of the cliff kobolds--some goblins more grudgingly so. But in the morning, it is time to move on, down to the bottom and whatever awaits them in the wide world below...

Turn 7

Upon reaching the lush treeline below the cliffs, the advance scouts report runes carved into the base of the titanic walls looming above. The learned elders are summoned to read them and divine the following meaning:

This sacred wood is inviolate and under the protection of the Grey Wardens.
Take only what is given you and be happy with your lot
Keeping fires small in respect for the grandeur of nature
Or the Wardens shall show you the might of the wood
And drive you from it

The forest floor is wild and full of life, with many animals grazing through the underbrush and showing absolutely no fear of the presence of goblins as they feast on nuts, berries, and other small plants. There are quite a few deadfall trees, the youngest of which could still be good firewood.

Objective: Traverse the forest.

Deadline: Friday, February 20, 1200 EST.

Terrain: Forest.

Resources: Lush natural woods teeming with game. Woodcutting and hunting are at +1. Crafting is at -1.

Special: If you rest this turn instead of taking a resource action, you can still claim either 1 wood or 1 food.

If you take a resource action, you may voluntarily take less resources than you rolled for (down to zero if desired).

Weekly Challenge

If you chose to attempt a resource action, you gain one prestige for each resource unit you didn't take.

You gain 7 prestige for resting this turn.

(Semi-)Optional Quest

The Wardens seek out signs that visitors are abusing the forest. The combined resource total gained by the tribe will be compared against 1d100. Each large fire adds +5 to the resource total for the purposes of this check. If the roll is less than or equal to the combined resource total, the Wardens notice the actions of the goblins and come to make them pay.

Any goblin family that took resources beyond the free 1 wood or 1 food must fight the Wardens individually. The Wardens fight with the zeal of the forest, rolling 1d6 + the number of resource units taken by the family (hereafter referred to as "Q"). Winning families gain Q prestige. Losing families take 1 Damage, lose Q prestige, and must give up the Q units they "illegally" obtained. If the units are already spent or traded away, take one Damage for each unit that cannot be repaid (to a maximum of 5).

If the Wardens investigate the tribe, any goblin family that did not take more than 1 wood or 1 food gains an additional 7 prestige. Such families may elect to forgo this prestige and assist any of the other goblin fights.

neriractor
2015-02-09, 05:51 PM
frosty comes back from scouting bringing the news about the runes.

Frostywhat da'ya think boss, them sound dangerrous

Abel:"Ironhides are only scared of the gods, lets go hunt"

[roll0]

"the hunt is good around this lands, maybe we could just let go of a little bit, cant be too sure"

Abel says as he puts up a sing not so crudely made but really mossy:

"chane gam fo fir "

offering one food unit for a spot at a fire, healing with one unit and returning one to the wilderness

LuckyStrike
2015-02-10, 12:18 AM
The Scumborn also see their chance to finally build up some supplies and frantically start chopping wood.

[roll0]

They build a small fire and let the Ironhides know they are willing to accept the Ironhides food for them to have a warm night.

Omegonthesane
2015-02-10, 05:30 PM
The shamans of the Rockfangs racked their brains, wondering what to make of the crisis. Judging by the sign, they'd probably be attacked more fiercely if they took more, but if the goblins got away with it, they might well feel fools for not joining in. Besides, the sign said only firewood or food, and what they really needed was some time to craft.

The last time they had actively counselled restraint, the other goblins had played along. That was last time, however. This time, they did not make any attempt to dispute or counsel against the excesses of the Ironhides, they merely happened to not join in the fun.

They set up a small campfire, and a sign offering

Rockfangs rest, take 1 food, and get 7 Prestige.
Rockfangs build a small fire.
Offering the other space at the fire, demanding 1 food or 1 wood.

neriractor
2015-02-14, 01:40 PM
Abel takes the scumborn offer and trades the leftover food for a spot in the fire.

"thank you sheila,your tribe is kind and mighty; a good example for goblinkin to follow"

Kensen
2015-02-14, 03:04 PM
Ur-Klan

"We have no choice but to hunt. Otherwise we'll die. It's better to die with your bow in your hand."

[roll0]

The Ur-Klan decides that they don't need a fire (not wise to increase the risk of the forest guardians attacking). They'll use 1 food to heal the damage.

Mordae
2015-02-15, 04:55 PM
Ashghosts

Keeping to their bargain, the Ashghosts fan out in force to go hunting using the Brighteyes' awesome bow.

[roll0]

One unit goes directly to their patron, and another to their own bellies. The rest they keep.... just in case.

Farmerbink
2015-02-15, 05:04 PM
Bink gratefully accepts the food portion from the Ashghosts, and sends his own clan into the forest. We have good allies, Brighteyes! Warm them and yourselves! He stands back, cursing his lack of foresight that none of his clansmen have an axe to chop wood with.

Nothing to be done for it, he mumbles, as his clan scampers among the trees, foraging for firewood.

Woodcutting: [roll0]

With their meager results, Bink orders them to start a small fire, and invites the Ashghosts to join them. Bah! We need an axe! he curses his luck, but warms himself at the fire, all the same.

Mordae
2015-02-17, 12:18 PM
Rattlebones

Tok is unshaken by the ominous words carved in the stone. Quickly he dispatches his crafters to gather supplies, while he himself approaches Git Rat-ear. "Friend, it seems there will be much danger soon. My clan is few but we can help you be mighty. Feed and warm us for three turns and we will make you an awesome spear worthy of the Redhands. Or any other tool you desire, save an awesome hammer."

[roll0]

Old_Man
2015-02-17, 02:15 PM
Redhands

Git takes Tok's hand and shakes in affirmation. "It has been long since the Redhands have had a weapon... too long. We will prepare a fire and start cooking. There will be plenty of space for you to work."

confirm trade: 1 food and fire for 3 turns to Rattlebones for 1 awesome spear
Trade: -1 food

Action: build small fire, -2 wood

Resources: hunting are at +1, gain [roll0] food

Mordae
2015-02-18, 03:05 PM
Bonechains

Given the opportunity to rest and recover from the trying days before, the Bonechain hunters take what little food the wood offers and enjoy a bit of a break. Unfortunately, this yield goes directly to the coffers of the Rockfangs to pay for the warmth of tonight's fire.

Rest, take 1 food, gain 7 prestige.
Trade 1 food to Rockfangs for fire.

Ashghosts

Rather than throw away the spoils of the hunt, Skog offers a unit of food each to the Ironhides and Scumborn to heal their wounds. "For some kindness later," Skog says mildly, though there's a glint to his eye as he walks away.

The moment of truth! The tribe gathered 30 resources among them, with no large fires. If this roll is equal to or less than 30, the wardens come to fight. If not, the goblins get away with their depredations scot-free.

[roll0]

As the evening wears on, the goblins feel something wrong in the woods. A looming, foreboding sense they are being watched.

And then the elves spring out from their hiding place, arrows flying and blades flashing in the firelight. It's every goblin for themselves!

Ironhides vs 1d6+3
Scumborn vs 1d6+3
Rockfangs - no fight!
Ur-Klan vs 1d6+5
Ashghosts vs 1d6+6
Brighteyes vs 1d6+2
Rattlebones vs 1d6+6
Redhands vs 1d6+3
Bonechains - no fight!

Old_Man
2015-02-18, 07:01 PM
Redhands

The tribe sat around the fire, warm, fed, and relaxed. One by one, Git and his family realized something was wrong; the night was to still. Git slowly got up and motioned to the others. As he reached for his new spear, arrows started flying as elves erupted from the trees around them. "Up! Up and fight!"

Fight [roll0]

LuckyStrike
2015-02-18, 11:52 PM
Sheila's lads form a protective circle around her and try to catch the arrows shot at them and throw them back in a stupefying display of bravery and stupidity.

[roll0]

Sheila however, stands calmly in the middle stirring her cauldron of soup. Every time one of her boys get shot she passes a spoonfull around and by the time the onslaught has passed there is not a Scumborn with so much as a cough.

(After taking All the damage in this round, use goblin medicine to heal up.)

neriractor
2015-02-19, 05:24 PM
Abel hears the whispers around him, then there was calm; he gladly took the gift from the ashghosts and just on time helped his boys heal their wounds...

...right on time, the first arrow bounced of an Ironhide armor as Abel finished donning his helmet "frosty go see with the scouts and see if the other clans can help us,the rest, ¡lets go cut some elf hide!"

frosty moved with the scouts, to the rockfangs clan, while another scout broke out to see the bonechain leader.

frosty as he bows down:"our clan could use some help, I know rockfangs and Ironhides havent been the closest families but can´t we put our conflicst aside for the sake of killing elves" he finishes saying as he looks up with a determined grin on his face.

random scout as he puts his face on the ground in a great reverence: "oh mighty kur elfstabber,I have followed your steps and Im really happy to have actually been lucky enough to hunt in the same forest than you... could you offer me the honor of watching you kill an elf?"

use the ashghost food unit to heal, and asks the rockfangs and bonechains for help, and also I will share any loot with them.(Im asuming the elves will have our defeated teammates stuff plus an awesome bow or something) will use the kobold poison.

lets go: [roll0]+3(if rockfangs help)+1(if bonechains help)

the Ironhides hold down their ground, using some tactics that managed to surprise the elves but the mostly ranged fight and the woody terrain is giving the elves an edge "hope the scouts can get that help soon" Abel thinks as he fails to shoot an elf off the trees and an arrow bounces off his helmet.

Kensen
2015-02-20, 12:32 AM
Ur-Klan

As the elves attacked, a goblin guard sounded a signal horn and the Ur-Klan goblins started pouring out of their tents. Turon was already mounted on his cougar, directing the best hunters of his clan to make counterattacks. He had no illusions about winning, so he ordered a retreat as soon as everyone was ready to run.

"REEEEEEEE-GROUUUUUUUP!"

Fight: Ur-Klan [roll0] vs Elves [roll1]

Turon stayed behind with a handful of his most elite hunters, firing his bow at the approaching elves. "RUN GOB-- twang-ffffft-THOK!"

An arrow through the throat stopped him mid-sentence, and unceremoniously, he fell to the ground. The goblins of the Ur-Klan saw their leader fall, and they fled in disarray.

LuckyStrike
2015-02-21, 09:59 AM
After the mayhem the Scumborn join the Redhands. They offer some food to help ease the pain of battle and are more or less silent throughout the aftermath.

-1 food to Redhands

Mordae
2015-02-23, 10:31 AM
Turn 8

Escaping the warded forest with the stripes still bleeding upon their backs--mostly the Ironhides and Rattlebones having suffered the most at the hands of the ruthless elves--the goblin nation emerges onto a broad, flat plain. Stubby trees dot the ground in small copses, circling local water holes, but for the most part the space is dry and bare. Scores of springing antelope hop from place to place, grazing on the long grasses and sipping from the tiny pools of water.

As the day wears on, the hooting sounds of jackals, lured in by the scent of blood, start to come closer, sensing that perhaps an easy dinner is nearby...

Objective: Trudge on.

Deadline: Wednesday, March 4, 1200 EST.

Terrain: Plains.

Resources: Bare plains. Woodcutting and Crafting take -1 this turn. Hunting rolls as normal.

Weekly Challenge

Jackals are coming for the kill, and they might take a swipe at any of the other goblins in the area, too. At the end of the resource phase, I will roll 1d6-1 against each family's Damage counter. If the roll is equal to or less, the jackals come to fight. Jackals are easily driven off, fighting at 1d6-2, but still represent a threat to any significantly hurting family.

Any family that is not attacked by the jackals may assist a threatened family as normal.

Victory against the jackals is worth 8 prestige if the family is damaged, or 4 prestige otherwise.

Optional Quest

Jackals are vicious and intelligent, and would make perfect mounts for enterprising goblins. There are two ways to acquire some for yourself:

(1) Feed them. Jackals are always hungry for meat; roll 1d6 against 2 times the number of food units offered (3 food is guaranteed to succeed).

(2) Beat them. Jackals understand power. If you choose this route, you must subtract 1 from your fight roll since you are not trying to kill the jackals, only subdue them. If you win, you must spend 1 food to heal the jackals before they can be used in battle. If you lose, you take damage normally.

Once you've tamed the jackals, you must feed them one food every even numbered turn to keep them tame.

To use jackals as mounts in battle, you'll need Jackal Saddles, which can be made for 3 craft. Jackal Mounts grant a +1 to fighting rolls.

neriractor
2015-02-23, 11:25 AM
Abel gets away from the forest as quickly as he can, moral is bad in the Ironhide clan, much to his pain his family will not survive without to things, the first was rest, this time the Ironhides were just gonna heal the wounds, or at leats that was it until they heared the howling, it had been a while sense the last time the Ironhides had mounts,and with no weapows this could be the shown of strengh they needed.

the secon thing was something that every Ironhide wanted to avoid at any cost: the single most weakest thing at the eyes of the Ironhides and there was no way around it.Atfer resting the Ironhide leader with much pain standed up: "there is no way around it, lets seek our allies help now that we are down and we can help them five times better when we recover"

Abel walks towards the brighteye clan still strugling to walk even atfer the rest "bink *cough* you have been very kind to us before, Im in a time of need, my familie is strugling to stay togheter and there iss word that some people are fleeing to start a new clan. I will like to ask you: lend me your spear today, and if I come from the battle winning then help me arm my mounts, is the only that will keep my clan together; what do you say oh great crafter"

frosty walked to the bonechains and asked to kur if he could use the awesome bow today in exchange for two food. "aside from tha´ I myslef will owm u a favor" said frosty,with a semi braked jaw.

the random scout walked to the ashghosts: "mighty leader of the ashghosts, my leader has sended me here, to ask for an extra spot in your fire, that he will later take care of paying for" he say as he looks up to the skull covered face of the ashghost leader

healing:[roll0] asking help from basically everyone that has shared fire with them

damn:smallannoyed:

Mordae
2015-02-23, 11:35 AM
Rattlebones

Exhausted, Tok and his clan collapse on a calm spot in the plains and rest. They have no choice. At least their needs will be met through the arrangement with the Redhands. They will live to fight another day.

Tok gripped the clan spear tightly, his tired eyes watching the horizon. We live... if we beat off the biters tonight, he thought to himself.

[roll0]

Ashghosts

Skog looks upon Abel with some pity, and a calculating look in his eye. "We will do more than that. We will warm your goblins this night and next, and defend you against the jackals if we can. If we do all this, I ask your Sled in return."

Mordae
2015-02-23, 11:40 AM
Bonechains

With a smile, Kur raises his hand to the wounded Abel. "We will feed you as we can. Good luck to your goblins, chief. If you are alive tonight, we will return this bow."

trade accepted

With the Ironhides bow in hand, the Bonechains fan out, seeking the antelope. There would be meat tonight!

[roll0] - oops, misread table. No damage, so +1 to this.

neriractor
2015-02-23, 12:19 PM
frosty looks at the bonechain leader seemiingly thinking to himself:"thank you I will be sure to inform our leader" he says unrapping the awesome bow and handing it to kur.

mean while the random scout: "I will ask my boss about it but thank you very much mighty skog, but if I may add we could use more your help in an earlier fight against them, see our leader is gonna try to tame some jackals for mounts but we are scarce on food and cant tame them the usual way"

"asking" is just a formality I accept the deals

Mordae
2015-02-23, 12:21 PM
Ashghosts

Hmm. I will think on it, but we may have similar designs.

LuckyStrike
2015-02-23, 01:18 PM
Sheila looks at the jackals from a distance and swoons a bit. 'I want a black one...' She whispers. 'Now!!!' She screams after none of her tribe move to make it happen.
Needless to say, the Scumborn get to work.

Hunt:

The one spare food is carefully laid in a rinky-dink jackal trap.
(On a 5 or 6)
[roll]d6

Old_Man
2015-02-23, 01:22 PM
Redhands

Git Rat-ear walks over to where the weary and worn Rattlebone clan rested. "Tok Wildshrieker! Tok, my boys are headed out to get food for us. We will keep the bargain, but after that crazy elf attack... well, we are hurting too, and I'm worried that we may not get enough food for both our families. The use of your bow would help. And don't worry about the jackals. We are going out to 'settle' them down. Get your rest. We won't let them touch you."

Resources: hunting (assuming bow otherwise -1 from damage)

Consume 1 food to heal

(2) Beat them. Jackals understand power.

"Betty, I want a new pet. Grab the big spear and some rope. We're going dog hunting." [roll]1d6+2

LuckyStrike
2015-02-23, 01:26 PM
Having caught no jackals some desperate Scumborn start using themselves as bait and try to wrestle the jackals into submission.

Beat them:
[roll0]

Mordae
2015-02-23, 01:32 PM
Rattlebones

Tok is too tired to talk. He just hands the bow over to Git and bows his head in thanks.

Jackals

The jackals fight back with yips and bites and crazy lunges as the Scumborn try to subdue them.

[roll0]

Mordae
2015-02-23, 01:43 PM
Ashghosts

The dusty woodcutters get to work collecting as much as they can. Skog immediately goes to Sheila Sharptooth. "Let us borrow your axe and you will sleep warm tonight," he offers.

[roll0] -1 if Scumborn don't agree to loan axe for fire.

Skog also offers fire to the Bonechains in exchange for food.

One spot available at Ashghosts fire in exchange for 1 food (to heal).

LuckyStrike
2015-02-23, 01:47 PM
'Gladly Skog, i like it nice and hot.' Sheila adds with wink.

Farmerbink
2015-02-23, 01:58 PM
The brighteyes wake well rested, having bested the wardens the night before. These are good plains, clansmen. Take our bow and retrieve food for the goblins! We will feast! And if we can, we will feed the wildlife, as well! This is an opportunity which cannot be ignored!

[roll0] hunting
If I have enough to spare two food:
[roll1] jackal taming!

Guess I should have only spared 1? :-P
if I don't have enough to spare:
[roll2] jackal BEATING!

Bink himself approaches Skog of the Ashghosts. My friend, Skog! I hope you have appreciated the spear we made for you, what feels so long ago. I ask an exchange. My clansmen have hunted, and recovered much food, but for the time being, we are sadly left without comfort of a fire. I would gladly help feed your people in exchange for warmth and good company!

TLDR: Offering Ashghosts 1 food for the extra spot at the large fire

Omegonthesane
2015-02-24, 03:46 AM
Rockfangs

Feeling vindicated by the elves attacking most of the other families, the Rockfangs proceeded onwards like everyone else, to a barren plain. Before they could even think of deals and contrivances they found that most of the other families were gathered around fires already, with no need to take interest in anything the Rockfangs might sell.

Well, almost no interest. There was exactly one family who did not already have what little the Rockfangs could provide - the Ur-Klan. But before any deal could be reached, they needed wood for fire - so wood they gathered, to burn it as the Rockfangs had burned things all their lives.

A scout was sent to the Ur-Klan, offering them what the Rockfangs had so often offered - those who kept the Rockfangs fed would be kept warm in return.

The jackals they ignored altogether... until they saw a way to benefit. The High Shaman of Ash brought a small mob of Rockfangs, carrying Botono in hand, to where the Ironhides had camped.

"To be frank, you may need our help. Set a portion of food aside for us, and we'll help you against the jackals. And if they don't come, you can keep the food."

Woodcutting [roll0] (+1P, +2 Dorfcutter, -1 situational)
Building Small fire. (Cannot possibly roll too little wood to do that.) ((Which is good, because that was the lowest possible roll...))

Offering Ur-Klan a spot at the fire for 1 food.

Offering to assist the Ironhides in battle in exchange for 1 Food, payable only if the jackals actually attack.

Mordae
2015-02-24, 01:18 PM
Bonechains

Kur surveyed the loose gaggle of jackals. There was opportunity, and he was not one to leave it to chance. Ordering his hunters to richly bait a trap and his crafters to go about fashioning a saddle, within an hour he is seated upon the back of a spotted jackal. Raising his bow to the sky, he leads his clan in a war cry.

Spend 3 food to guaran-tame jackals, and 3 craft to make saddles.

Kensen
2015-02-25, 06:08 AM
Ur-Klan

"Let's hunt!"

[roll0]

(If there was damage from the previous round, the Ur-Klan use food to heal. And I forgot to add the +1 from terrain, so I guess that's 4 food. Yay.)

Joining a fire and offering 1 food.

Mordae
2015-02-25, 09:27 AM
Ashghosts

As the camp settles down and the ritual hubbub of trading dies off, Skog turns to Abel. "You still want to hunt jackals? My goblins will help, but for the cost of your sled. No longer contingent on our aid tonight against any raids."

neriractor
2015-02-25, 01:43 PM
Abel considers hi options for a while until he made a choice, as hard as it may have been. He presented himself personally to the ashghost camp with a squad of hunters carrying the beautiful sled "take good care of it, it is an important gift, but we need the fire and the jackals." he sighs thinking about how easy will it have been if he just rested and took the food back in the forest. "alright lets go hunting"

[roll0] +2 from the ashghost aid

Mordae
2015-02-25, 01:46 PM
The Ashghost assistance is actually +3 (+1 as a tribe, +2 for the spear).
[roll0]

EDIT: Didn't matter anyway.

neriractor
2015-02-25, 01:49 PM
thats it :smalltongue:

Mordae
2015-02-26, 09:22 AM
Turn 9

With hooting jackals in tow, the goblins continue across the plains. Again, however, their passage is foiled by water, for a low, slow river blocks the way, the banks draped with willow trees. Fortunately, there is a bridge. Unfortunately, there is a toll-taker standing guard. A troll toll-taker, to be specific. It stares, red-eyed and grumpy, in the direction the goblins are coming from. "Hun-ry. Pay t'cross!" it bellows, hefting a titanic club meaningfully and using it as a pointer to a crude sign painted in what looks like dried blood.

Toll - 10 fud to X

Objective: Pass by.

Deadline: Wednesday, March 11, 1700 EST.

Terrain: Plains with a river.

Resources: The troll has eaten most of the nearby antelope; hunting rolls at -1. Woodcutting rolls normal with trees along the riverbank. Crafting rolls at -1 on the mostly barren plains.

Special: Spend one craft to make fish hooks and get 2 food. The troll hates the water but will gladly eat fish.

Weekly Challenge

You've got to cross the river one way or another. There are many options! Some of these options are identical to the last river crossing.

(1) Pay the toll. If 10 units of food are paid (can be compiled from multiple families), the troll will let the whole tribe pass. No prestige.

(2) Rush the troll. It can't be defeated in a fair fight, but the goblins could make a run for it. The troll will take a mighty whack with its club, though, and one of the families involved in the rush (selected at random) will take 3 damage. Families involved in the rush gain 9 prestige, and the damaged family gains double.

(3) Build a troll-knocking-into-the-river device. This option costs 12 craft (can be compiled from multiple families) and confers 4 prestige per craft unit contributed.

(4) Use your floating sled. (You have one, right?) No prestige.

(5) Build a one-time use raft. For the cost of 4 wood, you can build a raft capable of carrying two families and 10 units of resources/tools. This option is worth 9 prestige.

(6) For the cost of 5 craft, you can fashion a fiendishly clever goblin device capable of carrying one family and 5 units of resources/tools. Such a device, naturally, survives only long enough to make the crossing. This option is worth 18 prestige.

(7) If you have an existing sled, you can upgrade it with outriggers and pontoons to make it a Floating Sled at the cost of 1 wood and 2 craft. The Floating Sled carries one family and 10 units of resources/tools. This option is worth 9 prestige; the Floating Sled is equivalent to a 10 craft units for future prestige value.

(8) You can swim across. This option is worth 18 prestige, incurs 1 Damage due to the cold water, and requires the family to leave all resources/tools on the near bank.

Optional Quest

None.

Mordae
2015-02-26, 10:45 AM
Rattlebones

Tok looked around. His goblins were still tired, exhausted even, from the beating they had taken two nights ago. They needed something to eat before his crafters could get to work. But there was no food to be had, not in his clan's stores.

So he took up his hammer and went to the two tribe leaders who had food to spare for the moment: Bink and Turon.

"Mighty leaders, my crafters want to build something to take down that monstrosity on the bridge. But they are hungry and hurt, and need food. If you can spare food, we will use our craft to help build a Troll Arrower and knock it into the river so all goblins can cross in safety. Or, if you wish, I will return craft to you right away, or replace the food with fresh-caught fish." It was a gamble, relying on the generosity of the more well-off clans, but Tok hoped it might just work.

LuckyStrike
2015-02-26, 11:38 AM
The Scumborn start out the day by cleaning the riverbank in an attempt to impress the troll with their supposed nature loving awesomeness. Unable to get the wanted result they are none the less left with some usefull stuff and get to tinkering, fishing, napping and otherwise playing around.

*Spend 2 craft for 4 food*
*Spend 3 craft for saddles*
*Spend one food to heal the jackals and one to keep them tame*

The remaining two food they keep with them as they saddle up and gather by the bridge, clearly sizing up the troll and judging if they can speed past him as well as seeing what the others are up to.

Old_Man
2015-02-26, 11:42 AM
Redhands

"My friend Tok," says Git to the Rattlebones chief, "this is the last night that my family will feed yours and keep a fire going for you. We'll meet you on the other side of the river. Although..." Git continues rubbing his chin in speculation, "your tribe has no way past the troll. It would be bad for such skilled crafters as you to get eaten. Tell you what. If you can build chariots or saddles for these mutts and make either a great axe for us to gather wood or great bow to hunt, you can use our floating sled to cross the river and my warriors will assault the Troll. What do you think?"

-ooc this is the last turn of the current deal between Redhands/Rattlebones

Mordae
2015-02-26, 01:26 PM
Rattlebones

Tok turns to Git, acknowledging the elder's presence with a nod. "We Rattlebones greatly appreciate all you have done for us while we were hurting, Git Rat-Ear. We would not be here today without it. But I call you foolish if you and your women and children come within arm's length of that behemoth; he will be the death of you. Let us shoot him from afar and be done with this business."

Omegonthesane
2015-02-27, 04:58 PM
Rockfangs

Faced with the prospect of another river crossing, the Rockfangs decided not to be so inglorious as last time - life was meaningless enough without making it more so by refusing to entertain the Great Dreamer. It appeared to them that the best way to defeat the troll was with a masterpiece of Goblin handiwork, a great device blessed by the gods to send the troll to its death in the water, a sacrifice to the Great Dreamer.

Unfortunately, the crafters and gatherers of the Rockfangs seemed more interested in emulating their Great Dreamer than serving it. The few who felt diligent enough to actually work were more interested in filling their bellies than in doing their jobs, and produced fish hooks when pulleys and levers were required.

While the Shamans berated the lazy Rockfangs, their puppet king, Sleg, very publicly approached the Rattlebones, flanked by two teams of Rockfangs carrying their remaining craft supplies. Hopefully this show of contribution would encourage the others... and if it failed, the Rattlebones surely knew by now how mercenary the Rockfangs were, and would not expect the gear to be handed over in vain.

"Your proposed tinker 'traption is our best shot at getting across alive - and it'll be the best show any of us will have seen since the caves collapsed. Would that we could add more to it."

Crafting (rolled 1 Craft)

Spending 1 Craft for 2 Food per special mission description

Setting aside 2 Craft to contribute to the Rattlebone device, if and only if 10 more Craft gets contributed between the other families.
Offering 1 Food to the Rattlebones, either

If the Rattlebones don't get enough craft to make such a device after everyone else has acted, running for it.

neriractor
2015-02-28, 12:38 PM
Abel checks the situation, in other times he would havejumped agaisnt all odds and killed the orc or die trying but he have to look up atfer his clan.

"lets go hunting, well talk to the other families and see what they are planning"

hunting roll: [roll0] -1 hadnt seen the penaly

Mordae
2015-02-28, 01:00 PM
Rattlebones

The hungry and hurt goblins gleefully accept the food offered by the Rockfangs. Perhaps a little too gleefully. Tok is effusive in his thanks. "We promise to make your contribution count, friend Sleg. A mighty Troll Blaster it will be!"

Once his fed crafters have returned with their arms mostly laden with good stuff, he sets them to work on putting together the weapon of power.

Consume 1 food to heal 1 damage.

Craft at -1 terrain, -1 damage, +3 perk and tool: [roll0]

Contribute 5 craft to Troll Blaster.

Old_Man
2015-03-01, 08:48 AM
Redhands

"Sheila," Git says to his friend, "there is no wood for a fire, and we will all be cold tonight. Lend me your axe, and with luck, I will collect enough to make a big fire for many tribes."

-ooc trade: lend axe this turn for #3 spot at big fire

neriractor
2015-03-02, 10:15 AM
Abel sends rations to everyone who is hurt,then helooks for Turon seeing as he had some space left on his floating sled and asks in a tired voice if he could carry their two tools,jackals and the food they had left to the other side Ironhides are gonna swim again to the other side.

heal one damage and ask turon to take the (4 space worth)tools and resources of the Ironhides

LuckyStrike
2015-03-02, 10:36 AM
'What's mine is yours, mighty Git.'

Sheila snaps her fingers and two Scumborn come up and offer the axe to the Redhand leader.

The rest of the Scumborn remain focussed on the troll and have started making bets on what will happen and who will die today.

Old_Man
2015-03-02, 11:21 AM
Redhands

"Thanks Sheila. Ok, boys, go cut some wood."

Resources: Woodcutting 2

Git looks at his goblins with disgust. "What is this!? Look at all the trees. They are all over, and this is all the wood you collected? We can't make a big fire from this only a little one. Hopefully the other tribes will make a big fire or our friends the Scumborn will be cold tonight. Speaking of them, I have to go return their axe. You better do better at fishing or I'll feed you to the troll myself!"

Special: Spend one craft to make fish hooks and get 2 food.

"Sorry Sheila, even with your axe, my boys didn't get enough wood to make a big fire. I hope the other tribes will make one." Git apologizes as he returns the axe.

Mordae
2015-03-02, 06:08 PM
Ashghosts

Skog saw the troll for the threat it was. But other tribes would have to deal with it; his job, he knew, was to keep them warm. So he sent his cutters out, hoping for a good harvest that would allow others to focus on the troll-slaying-thingymabobber.

[roll0]

When they return, arms fully laden, he grins broadly.

"Goblins of the mountain!" he roars. "Today Ashghosts keep you warm, and you show that troll who are the baddest clans in all the land. I ask just three foods: One for now, one for later, one for emergency."

Build large fire. Invite Brighteyes, Bonechains, Ironsides, and Rockfangs.
Give 1 wood to Redhands for promise of future food or other favor.

Mordae
2015-03-02, 06:15 PM
Bonechains

When Skog comes calling with fire, Kur nods greedily. "We bring you food. Now. And thank you for the warmth." But instead of loosing his hunters on the plains, instead he turns them to the river bank, to gather crafts that could be fish-skewers or troll-blasters.

[roll0]

Of course, his tribe is ill-suited to such work, and at the end of the day all they have is enough fish to share between themselves and the Ashghosts.

1 craft becomes 2 food. Trade 1 food to Ashghosts.

Kensen
2015-03-03, 01:44 PM
Ur-Klan

A new leader emerged, a hooded goblin with a raspy voice. An oracle, some said.

"Weee have a floating sled... why would we risk our lives... let's row across."

After crossing the river safely, the oracle speaks again. "Axes... use them..."

Woodcutting: [roll0]

EDIT: Give 1 wood to join a fire.

Farmerbink
2015-03-03, 08:33 PM
Bink and his clan elders surveyed the scene carefully. With a regretful glance at the group of goblin chieftains arguing over their schematic, he turns to his clan. Make ready the sled! We will risk no injury facing a beast of such massive size and strength! Save your strength for the hunt, beyond!

You there! Come to me. Bink sends a runner to Skog, as he tests the pull of the brighteye's awesome bow.

The young goblin bows low to his neighboring clan-chief. Bink sends his regards and gratefully accepts your offer! He joins in the hunt, personally, today! We will dance together on the other side of this behemoth!

Beyond the river, Bink and the huntsmen put their bow to the test, as the rest of the clans scramble to bypass the troll. Once the Ashghosts arrive, Bink carries the food to Skog. I apologize, friend. My clan elders worry that the coming days will be hard on us all. I must preserve the strength of my clan, lest they make another chief in my stead.

Clan Brighteye uses their floating sled to cross the river, where they acquire [roll0] food. 1 food goes to the Ashghost clan this turn.

I'm assuming that the trade is intended for multiple clans to all provide 1 food to the Ashghosts. If this is NOT the case, please let me know.

Mordae
2015-03-03, 09:44 PM
Rattlebones

Seeing the Brighteyes have no stomach for glory over the troll, Tok shakes his head in disgust. He gathers up the contributions of the Rockfangs and tells his crafters to get working on something just to get the Rattlebones across safely.

"Friend Sleg, it seems we will not be able to complete our design. Here are your crafts back; may they bear you to good fortune."

By the time he returns, Tok's goblins are already half-done with a goblin-throwing catapult. "This get us across safe, boss!" they proclaim gleefully. Tok is not sure, but he has little choice; the troll looks mighty hungry...

Reclaim 5 craft reserve from the Troll Slayer fund.
Return 2 craft reserve to Rockfangs.
Craft Fiendishly Clever Device to cross river (-5 craft, +18 prestige)

Mordae
2015-03-05, 01:44 PM
Turn 10

Having escaped the troll, the goblins move along a well-traveled road that, at length, cuts through the edge of civilization. Scouts can see well-tended fields along the riverbank, where farmers work to coddle the crops and tend the cattle. It's harvest time, and there are many men working in the fields to gather grain for the winter. Impressive stands of old oak trees spread out along the road, which forks beyond the village; the smaller branch tracks along the river, while the larger branch turns deeper into the heart of human lands.

The humans in these parts have apparently never seen goblins, and while the appearance of the scouts is somewhat fearsome, none of the homesteaders immediately run to grab their torches and pitchforks. In fact, it seems they might welcome the newcomers to trade and help out...

Objective: Profit?

Deadline: Monday, March 16, 1700 EST.

Terrain: Farmsteads at the confluence of river and forest.

Resources: Normal.

Weekly Challenge

There are a few activities that enterprising goblins may choose to participate in.

(1) Farmer's Market: Trade resources. Food and wood trade 1 for 1. Craft trades 1 for 2 (i.e., 1 craft for 2 of anything else, or 2 any for 1 craft). Families may also buy a Cart for 8 units of any kind; the Cart is like a sled but allows the family to heal double when resting or eating extra food, since the wounded goblins won't have to walk.

(2a) Barn raising: The farmsteads are putting up a new barn. Goblins are crafty and can help build, earning 10 prestige in the process. Each contribution of wood earns an additional 5 prestige.

OR

(2b) Reaping: Goblins are fast and can help cut down the crops to carry them to the barn, earning 10 prestige plus one food in the process.

Vote

The goblins will have to decide which road to follow after this turn: The Easy Way along the river, or The Hard Way into human lands. Majority rules. I will flip a coin for the three NPC families to decide whether it's 2-1 for Easy or Hard.

Optional Quest

Goblins can be nice. Goblins don't have to be nice. When night falls, devious goblins can become raiders. Raiding gains Notoriety for the goblin tribe as a whole. What does that do? Who knows! Choose one of the following:

(1) Pillage: Take an additional resource roll. +1 notoriety for each resource taken.

(2) Burn: Spend 1 wood and roll Fighting to try to set one of the farm buildings on fire. If the roll is 5 or better, gain 10 prestige. +2 notoriety for attempting this action.

(3) "Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of the women": Inspire terror in the hearts of the farmers and make their knees knock and lips quiver at the mention of the word "goblin". Roll Fighting against 1d6-1 and, if you win, send the terrified farmers fleeing into the night. Gain 20 prestige for victory (take damage as normal if you lose). +5 notoriety for attempting this action.

neriractor
2015-03-05, 04:24 PM
the Ironhides prepare for battle in this human filled land but they see no treat on this poor dumb humans so it may be worth to talk, luckily the scouts speak common and they started working with the humans, while the hunters went to the forest.

Unlike any time before the appareance of humans had been a blessing for the Ironhides

hunting: [roll0] weekly challenge:reaping +10 prestige +1food[/SPOILER

the Ironhides feast and let the jackals eat some, its been a while sense the Ironhides have eaten crops and unlike most goblins they like them.

"boss, the humans say that we can go to the river or to human lands later what you say"

"I´m not gonna let my tribe freeze or die to a troll in another goddamn river and Im not turning my back on the first nice humans we have found. I´ll talk to the other ciefs but let the Ironhides know we are going to human lands."

"now go tell skog if he can trade food for fire as usual"

[SPOILER=ooc]-3 food, heal Ironhides,heal wolves,keep wolves. trading 1 food for a spot in the fire. and our vote goes to human lands unless we decide to raid the town

Old_Man
2015-03-05, 05:03 PM
Redhands

"Betty," Git calls out to his lieutenant, "those humans look simple. Get the boys collecting nicknacks and see what we can trade."

Resources: [roll0]

"By the Great Goblin's Lefty, you did a good job boys. Now lets make some saddles for the jackals and trade for some food. Maybe we can get more by helping these humans."

Craft make jackal saddle -3 craft

Weekly Challenge
(1) Farmer's Market: Trade resources. trade 3 craft for 3 food and 3 wood
(2b) Reaping: Goblins are fast and can help cut down the crops to carry them to the barn, earning 10 prestige plus one food in the process.

NET
3 wood, 4 food, 0 craft, and JackalMount

Optional Quest
(3) "Crush your enemies...

Farmerbink
2015-03-06, 10:44 AM
Bink's scouts quickly sneak into the settlement and look around. Upon finding the farmer's market, they venture forth warily and ask questions of the humans there. They return to Bink to tell him of their discovery!

....Many people! Poor craftsmen, but good farmers and woodcutters! Much food to be had, and some weird contraption with circles on it's side! Don't know what it was for, but it looked strange....

Poor craftsmen you say? And they want to trade? He turns his focus to the clan watching from the side. CLANSMEN! MAKE STUFF! Go!

[roll0] craft

His clan quickly and efficiently does as they are told, pleasing Bink extremely much! Well done! Make saddles for our jackals, and see what you can trade the rest for!

My vote is for crushing the enemies! Rawr!

Also, pending OOC answers, I may be trading for a cart? And wood? 6 craft aught to go a long way!

Omegonthesane
2015-03-06, 03:30 PM
Rockfangs

Rockfang scouts got spotted by the human scouts, and neither attacked the other. A good start. The Rockfang gatherers were able to get together a sensible amount of random scrap and worthless trinkest - a continuation of a good start. While the High Shamans would have preferred it if they hadn't reflexively immediately built fish hooks, that was more a matter of principle than an issue of decision making - they would already have wanted food for the next several days, and it looked like they got no less food using the hooks than they might have by selling them on the Farmer's Market.

It was odd to see humans not react with any hostility at all, but not undesirable. The High Shaman of Bone personally took Botono and a few belligerent Rockfangs to ensure that the peace was kept, just like in the kobold warrens, but they were warriors, not guards - they'd be little use trying to stop a troublemaker who could flee while achieving their mischief.

The Rockfangs showed some goblin cunning, buying wood from the humans and giving that same wood back to the humans so their name would be known as good builders and carpenters. Not the direction the Great Dreamer had intended their wood gathering tradition to be put to, but surely it would have "informed" the shamans if it objected. Certainly, it meant more people knew the name of the Rockfangs, and not in a bad way.

~~

Resources: Generating Craft - 4 units (rolled in OOC thread)

Turning 1 Craft into fish hooks to make 2 Food. (No real mechanical reason to do it this way instead of trading, it just seems more amusing from a fluff perspective.)

Weekly Challenge: Trading 5 Craft (yes, all of it, yes, really) for 3 Food and 7 Wood

Barn Raising, and donating 7 Wood to raising barns, total 45 Prestige.

Defending the humans against "Crush my enemies..." attempts.

neriractor
2015-03-08, 09:04 AM
Abel and the rest of the Ironhides start setting up guarding patrols to protect the tribes, just in case some gobbos tried to take a chance on the villagers. he looked all over the place for bink until he founded him in the farmers market.

"hey old friend, I see you too have been taking advantage of the humans lack of knowledge about us and lack of crafting abilities. my people plans to go into human lands and I will be glad if your kin could come with us, but to do that we have to get a good name between humans... and I´m afraid some people may want to take more that what the humans give; for that purpose I will like to borrow your awesome spear so that we can defend the poor clueless humans, agaisnt those that want to take advantage of them."

asking brighteyes to borrow spear (just read git total fight modifier with kobold poison, ouch), I will defen humans against any attack attempt not only crush them. and if warning the village can give them any benefit(say +1 for preparing) then I warn them.

Farmerbink
2015-03-12, 06:56 PM
Wanting to take advantage of the opportunity, Bink sends the rest of his craftsmen to the market with their bundles of crafting goods. "Bring back a cart, or don't come back at all!" was the last thing they heard as the trod away.

"You there!" Bink points to four goblins who had been sitting around for most of the morning. "Get in there and impress some people! I don't care what you do, just do it well!"

I'm assuming that the crafting stuff still trades at 2 for 1 this turn? IE: trade 6 crafting for 12 wood, trade 8 of that for cart?

Furthermore, [roll0]. On a 1-50, goblins help raise a barn, and canoodle the craftsmen into adding [roll1] lumber to the work, 51-100, they reap and aid in the harvesting.

Edit: Crafty bastards! Barn-raising +4 lumber! Hmmm.... we might be cold tonight.

Upset with the clear lack of wood for fire, Bink looks once more to his allies Skog and Turon. "I am glad to provide food for your clan. Can you keep us warm once again?"

Farmerbink
2015-03-16, 02:29 PM
"I'm not gonna let my tribe freeze or die to a troll in another goddamn river and Im not turning my back on the first nice humans we have found. I´ll talk to the other ciefs but let the Ironhides know we are going to human lands."

As Abel tells Bink of his intentions, Bink's eyes narrow. "These humans are pitiful! We could crush them beneath our heels and reap the rewards of their labor! Why do you want to defend them?

Despite his friend's protest, Abel presents convincing arguments, and Bink finds himself in an indefensible position, should he chose to act at odds with his greatest ally.

"Very well, I will concede the point, " Bink says. "We will travel with you into human lands, and make allies of our weaker cousins!"

Changing my vote to defend the humans, and traveling in their lands.

neriractor
2015-03-18, 05:51 PM
"Thank you, I knew you will understand old friend"

he smiles and prepares his helmet still damaged by the wardens arrows, it was a really big battle that was coming

LuckyStrike
2015-03-19, 12:07 AM
The Scumborn enter the village much later than the others. They have been slowed down by the troll and are in a foul mood. They spent their day tending the wounded and cutting wood.
(Spend 1 food to heal, rolled a 4 for recources -2 = +2 wood)

They come by the market and trade some wood for food.

(-1 wood for +1 food)

Sheila sends out some goblins to help with the reaping but can't stop eyeing the poor defenses of the place. She is unaware of the other goblins intentions but is in such a mood that she doesn't care.

2b. Reaping (+1 food)

Sheila looks at the river and votes the easy way, the river way.

Noone can say the Scumborn hadn't played it nice up until now. But no more.. They sneak into the night and start doing what they do best.

3c. Crush your enemies.

Mordae
2015-03-20, 10:10 AM
Rattlebones

Seeing the goblins working hard, but hearing the whispers of dissent, Tok goes to find one of his allies to get the story. "Abel, it seems a war within the goblins will come tonight. Loan me a unit of food, that my crafters may do their best--I will pay you back immediately after we trade with the humans. And I will make you a spear or saddles if you lead part of the defense."

[roll0] -1 if Ironhides don't agree.

Reap (+1 food, +10 prestige)

Defend humans.

Ashghosts

Sleg sniffed the air. The trees smelled sweet to him. "Ashghosts--get us lots of wood!" he bellows, and his goblins go scurrying. Then, after making a large fire, he brings the rest of the wood with his best carpenters to go help the humans build their barns. They seem to have a good life--perhaps goblins would not have to fight after all.

[roll1]

Build large fire (-4 wood) and invite as much of Team Defend as can fit.

Barn (-3 wood, +25 prestige)

Defend humans.

Bonechains

Kur was hungry, and so was his mighty jackal, judging by its grumbles. He sends his hunters out to get meat, and then he makes ready for whatever comes next.

[roll2]

Reap (+1 food, +10 prestige)

Defend humans.

Ur-Klan

The time was ripe to strike. These pathetic humans would know the might of the goblin nation--but what is this? Some of the goblins want to defend the thin-skins? The oracle calls to Git and Sheila. "Spread our spears wide, and these weaklings cannot resist us. Show them the might of the great goblin gods."

[roll3]

Trade 3 craft for 6 wood.

Contribute 2 wood to Redhands fire and stay there.

Barn (-8 wood, +50 prestige)

Crush humans.

neriractor
2015-03-20, 11:45 AM
Abel hears Toks request and then sends frosty back to get some food, "we need as much help as we can get I´ll take the deal for the saddles and you can have my food, stay by my side and we will protect goblin reputation from our suicidal kin".

atfer a while grooming his jackal "scourge" Abel prepares to make a last attemp at peace and approaches git´s tent.

"hello git" he takes a deep breath a little scared of seeing the deadly poison in gits hands. "I know that your tribe and mine are the ones who have taken the most its from pale-skin cousins, but you know as well as I do that there is a reason that every time we figth humans they have dwarfes and other allies around, is because when they find someone that doesn´t figth they help them and when somebody figths... you know what happens."

give goblins a chance to grow in a new land close to human allies and I promise I will make sure that we crush all other humans. What you say old rival? he says as he stretches his grey hands and grins at the redhand leader.

Old_Man
2015-03-20, 01:21 PM
Chssss. Chssss. Chsssss.
The grey stone hissed as Git honed the great spear. He didn't stop or even look up as Abel Armstrong entered. Git merely placed the pot of kobold poison prominently between them.
Chssss. Chssss. Chsssss.
"...crush all other humans. What you say old rival?"
Chssss. Chssss. Chsssss.
Able stood there with his hand outstretched. The grin on his face slowly faded; however, just as he was about to give up hope, the hissing stopped.
"You are right. We will destroy ourselves over these humans. There is nothing to gain here but death of me and my allies or you and yours." Git looked up at the other goblin. "Someone needs to back down." Git reverently laid the great spear to the side and grabbed Able's arm. "In this case, there is no great loss pretending to be friends with the humans, and they will be less guarded when there is actually something valuable to take. Lets go talk with the other chiefs before the stabbing starts."

OOC- With Brighteyes and the NPCs defending the humans 2 to 1, Redhands will back off if the other tribes do too.

Mordae
2015-03-30, 04:03 PM
Turn 11

Abel's diplomacy succeeds in getting the more aggressive goblins to back down, and the Ur-Klan follow along, ensuring a peaceful night. The Ur-Klan even invite the Rockfangs to join the fire. At dawn, the goblins on watch report the arrival of a group of human riders coming from along the main road into the human lands. They halt and dismount at a respectful distance, and three of the men approach. One is wearing chain armor and a surcoat gilt with red and blue, while the two behind him bear similar flags atop their halberds.

"Greetings," the leader hails the chieftains. "I am Lord Velair, seneschal of these lands. My people tell me your kind have been honorable guests, seeking a new home following the destruction of your own. And so I have a proposal for you: a large force of bandits have recently taken up residence in a hillside fortification that we had abandoned some years ago. It lies several days' journey to the west, along the river at the very edge of our domain. Those lands are wild and difficult to settle, but if you agree to dispatch the bandits, I will grant them to you in gratitude."

Seeing as the other alternatives are to return the way you came or make war upon an even larger bastion of mankind...

Objective: Make ready.

Deadline: Monday, April 14, 1200 EDT.

Terrain: Rocky foothills along the river.

Resources: Hunting and woodcutting normal. Crafting rolls at +1.

Weekly Challenge

Time to make ready for war. The friendly humans have nothing in particular to offer other than their encouragement.

In addition to the normal rolls, you can spend 5 craft to build a Fiendishly Clever Goblin Device that will neutralize one fortification next turn (reducing its fighting bonus to +0). Doing so yields 11 prestige. You must name the fortification you are targeting (which means someone has to have found something out from the optional quest.)

Optional Quest

If you want to make the ultimate fight easier, you can scout the area around the bandit fort. Roll 2d6:

2-4: Information on two fortifications discovered. (+22 prestige)
5-6: Information on two fortifications discovered, and a skirmish with the enemy (1d6+2). (+22 prestige, +11 prestige if you win the fight.)
7: Information on one fortification discovered. (+11 prestige)
8-9: Information on one fortification discovered, and a skirmish with the enemy (1d6+2). (+11 prestige, +11 prestige if you win the fight.)
10-11: No information discovered.
12: No information discovered, and a skirmish with the enemy (1d6+2). (+11 prestige if you win the fight.)

neriractor
2015-03-30, 05:05 PM
Abel walks towards the forest and begins hunting as usual,atfer hearing about the new offer hegrins know they have friends and a new place to live,as soon as they take it away from those puny human bandits.

hunt:[roll0]
scout:[roll1]
I heal

Omegonthesane
2015-04-02, 04:23 AM
Rockfangs

It was a pleasant surprise to see the other goblins actually largely see things in the same light as the High Shamans. It was an even better one to finally have some targets that could be killed - and their lands conquered - without making widespread enemies for the goblins.

Some of them scouted, while the rest looted the surrounding area for bits, planning to make a fiendish device for the dawn.

The crafters were not very successful; none of their ideas made it off the drawing board for lack of resources, although at least for once they didn't steal supplies to get fish. They might well be of help to some other tribe's fiendish device, but that other family would get the credit.

The scouts did a much better job, returning home with the locations of two weak points in the enemy fortifications. They had avoided the bandit patrols as well - though that meant they could not brag about eliminating a bandit patrol.

Generating Craft units, rolled 2
Scouting, rolled 3 - locations of 2 fortifications (+22 Prestige), no combat

Farmerbink
2015-04-02, 06:49 AM
Bink grins in the early morning light as what can only be described as a small fortress comes into view. "Why would you settle and build defenses of you did not want them tested?" he wonders to the elders. "Send our scouts, and see what you find! Ride the jackals, take the spears, be ready for anything!"

Thus it was, when they stumbled accross a small bandit raiding party that the goblins were prepared for a fight. The bandits caught them by surprise, to their embarrassment, but the goblins quickly recovered, maneuvering their mounts effectively and routing the scoundrels! Quite pleased with their success so far, they got close enough to recognize a defensive fortification near one corner, and returned to Bink to report.

The Brighteye crafters, meanwhile, began working on a small catapult! Once the scouts returned with details on the fortification, they made adjustments as necessary to be effective.

Bink, with his extra crafting reserves, met with the other clan leaders. "I will offer my clan's extra food for another bit of crafting reserve to destrot the bandit fortifications!"

Omegonthesane
2015-04-02, 07:43 AM
The High Shaman of Ash whispered to Sleg, who then answered Bink's proposal.

"We think your boys might be getting tired if they're up all night crafting. Give us some bits, we'll do some of the work - and give you a place at the fire. Wouldn't do to be cold on our last night under open sky."

((Refusing trade of 1 craft for 1 food, offering trade of "place at the fire" for 3 craft))

Mordae
2015-04-02, 08:31 AM
Bonechains

Kur looked at the large stack of food that his tribe carried, and then to the hungry goblins of the Ashghosts and Rattlebones. A plan formed in his mind, further solidified when he saw the banners of the Redhands and Scumborns passing by.

"Git! Sheila! Skog! Tog!" Kur called out. "If we fight humans tomorrow night and win, we will rest easy. Let us pool our resources together. Git and Sheila have enough wood between them to make a big fire. I can make sure we are all fed--even our nice jackals-and maybe Skog can trade his extra wood for some food from the Rockfangs to make sure we are fed tomorrow night as well. Then we all turn our goblins to craft. We can reduce the pathetic human defenses to rubble and claim their fort with not much fight!"

LuckyStrike
2015-04-02, 01:29 PM
Sheila nods and sends her (2?) wood to the Bonechains encampment saying the Scumborn are good with Kurs plan and will join the fire after business with the humans is concluded.
Finally her goblins get to go toe to toe with the human scum.