PDA

View Full Version : Perminancy Question.

Olethros
2007-03-28, 02:32 PM
Am I correct that only those spells that specifically state in there spell discription, or are listed under the perminancy spell discription, can be made perminant by that means?

If so, is there another way to create perminant effects without "god-level" spellcasting (i.e. epic level, DM fiat, and the like)?

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2007-03-28, 02:40 PM
Anything other than those listed (or spells with a permanent duration) requires careful DM adjudication.

Magic items, grafts and runes are other possibilities for gaining near-permanent magic effects.

Kel_Arath
2007-04-06, 09:01 PM
persistant spell, granted it has to be cast more than once but it ends up good

Aquillion
2007-04-07, 12:52 PM
You can always make magic items. It requires DM adjucation again for custom ones, though.

Warforged can turn parts of their own body into magic items, can't they? I vaguely recall that they can enchant their natural weapons or something, anyway.

A few spells last until discharged... those might help. Contingency is the most famous. Also Glyph of Warding and Greater Glyph of Warding, which can hold harmful spells until certain conditions are met... Energy Transformation Field, sorta, Spellstaff, Spell Phylactery...

There are lots of other permenant-duration spells, but those are the main ones that can store any spell from a given list.

Enzario
2007-04-07, 12:58 PM
A friend of mine used permanancy to make a +5 weapon @ lvl 7 or so. He had it for a few adventures, then the DM sicced a wizzy with dispel magic on us. He was left with his regular shortsword.
Permanency: fun
dispel magic: fun killer