PDA

View Full Version : EMPIRE! Children of the Night (483)

Reggiejam
2014-12-15, 09:06 PM
Ice Palace, The Heartwaste

It was a very strange, and very select, collection of individuals present for this occasion. Least strange, though her visage and countenance was certainly not of the norm, was Queen Kyria Varinel. The Queen was draped in an ebony dress that hugged her favorably but kept her skin concealed from the light of the surrounding torches and the illumination from the central pot of boiling Bloodfire. A veil of black silk hid her eyes and the veil itself was adorned with Heartwastian Gems having more or less replaced her official crown and becoming her own sign of royalty.

The ceremony had yet to begin and the strange collection of foreigners who made up the bulk of the attendants and were to fill the central roles mingled freely amongst one another and amid the highly select collection of representatives from the Fae Court and the Aristocracy. John F.X. Robson, the Queen's personal spiritual advisor and Chosen of Kina rubbed elbows with the strange man known as the Atheling who had joined the Queen's court approximately three years prior. A tiefling from the east moved amongst the Eyrecradian heritage bastards of the Qzare Li Gun Huang. From the Court Katava Tayanya and her eight year old daughter Meztli, whom the Queen had requested be present, roamed the edges. Badorya Yunizar, wife of John Robson was also present, holding herself close to her Chosen Quill husband.

Most notable was the lack of the Princes. Not a single regional leader was present and many of the noble houses had apparently been snubbed an invitation. It was almost an equal number of foreigners if not more than there were natives of the Freehold's lands. An odd thing for an event held exclusive from the greater world stage.

The Queen sat upon the Throne of Thorns at the far end of the Ice Palace while the guests and volunteers mingled and grew somewhat more comfortable. The selected members for the Brood knew in part what was to come and many more suspected but the Queen had not revealed her full plan to anyone. Chosen Robson had been informed of safety precautions, servant heads had been informed to prepare a batch of Trusted, and the primary participants had been told of the great power and Blessing that was to be bestowed upon them while witnesses were informed they were to witness a miracle of Kina and the power of the Queen but no one but Kyria knew fully what was to be expected.

It was late evening, around 9 PM, at midnight, the apex of Kina's power, the ceremony would begin. Until then all were welcome to talk amongst themselves and approach the Queen if they dared breach her stoic visage.

Participants, you know who your characters are, please pick them up and roleplay away.

Honored guests, Dark you'd be invited by Katava. Half you'd be invited by Eero. Doom, you'd be invited by the Queen to send an oversight committee.

Un-invited, you're welcome to look but please, don't touch ;)

Starting this weekend probably I'll kick off the ritual and we'll have a grand ole time. Bear in mind this is a fluff only event and I don't think anyone's leaders (other than my own) are currently present so this is a good chance to flex some non-leader character development!

DoomHat
2014-12-16, 12:01 AM
Three moved with reverence, three more stalked apprehensively, and the seventh loomed and clacked precisely in heavy boots.

https://33.media.tumblr.com/f936dd31484d0c1ef8e5d1368a29bcdd/tumblr_ngnr4tmIg81skwqimo1_400.jpg
Moon-Clan Feidlimid was a Rijwak Cree. She was only a couple inches shorter then the average human woman. She wore some manner of shamanic vestments. Her face was scared with a brand mark, displaying her solidarity with the former Kell of Cridan. The mark was a modified version of the sign used by the Ascension faith.
She moved Reverently.

After her came Batbayar the Blinding, wearing Children of Kina vestments modified to resemble an Inquisitor's uniform. Rather then the usual mask, he wore a black vale with a horse skull design patterned over it in fiery red.
He moved Reverently.

After him came Daughter Bolormaa, the head of the Children of Kina faith in among the Tyranny. She was dressed according to her not insignificant station, and moved directly into the event as prescribed by her ceremonial duties there.
She did so Reverently.

Behind them moved a vanguard of three anonymous Inquisitors. They moved politely, and formally, but only just so. It was clear none of them trusted anything in their surroundings, but would be damned before they wouldd disgrace themselves by making the first move against whatever they expected to befall them here.

Last and most ominously was the imposing form of the Inquisitorial Heart himself... or at least someone dressed like him. His heavy cape, full masked helmet, and thick leather uniform made it impossible to know who was truly beneath it. All among them but Bolormaa responded to the menacing figure's every gesture as though they were shouted commands.

Aedilred
2014-12-16, 12:56 AM
The Atheling - King now, really, though that ship had long since sailed, and he preferred his current sobriquet - moved easily among the other guests, though taking care never to stray too far from Kyria's side. Unless they were aware of his former identity, that which some might mistakenly call his "true" one, none would guess he was more than seventy years old, or indeed find it easy to guess his age at all, for he had much of the appearance of a man in his prime, but the bearing of one in late middle age. Whether his agelessness was thanks to his elven blood or his blessings none could tell, but he surely carried a mark of favour from some patron. He wore his wings folded, but openly, great feathered pinions. The Ascended were all but extinct, but those with long memories might recall they were very similar - and yet the Atheling's wings were wrong: a deep, almost blue, black in colour rather than the silvery-white of the Salterri.

Not perfect, but it'll do. He's not wearing armour, of course; this isn't Hurosha.
http://img-cache.cdn.gaiaonline.com/850737fc2505652e78b910d485245cc0/http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb290/donuil_pia/male_angel.jpg

lt_murgen
2014-12-16, 07:59 AM
John Francis Xavier Robson knelt on the floor near Meztli. He held his black reumel in his hands and moved it slowly through an intricate pattern. Meztli held a smaller reumel of white linen, its gold coins jingling gently. She tried to follow John Francis’ instructions.
His wife sat nearby, watching anxiously. “Relax, dear.” He said to her lightly. “I’m just teaching her slight of hand. It is entertainment.” If only she didn’t hear the truth in the undertones of that statement.
He looked up as the Cree entered. With a barely perceptible motion, his ruemel coiled around his wrist again. “Sorry, child, I must attend to my duties.” He tucked his strangling scarf up under his leather bracers. He took his Jielf staff from his wife and moved to join the guests.

Speaking to Balmorra once he joined her, "Greetings, cousin in faith. I see you brought your dogs. Have you trained them in proper respect?" It was almost a decade ago, but his rough handling by the Cree security at the technological expo still was a sore spot for him. His wife touched his sleeve, cautioning him.

Just a note- the only requirement of the faith is the wearing of a coiled ruemel scarf on one wrist. A ruemel is a triangular cloth with weighted ends- usually coins. Mythology says Kina used it to strangle the unwary demons she stalked in the early days of the universe.

However, necklaces of pearls (to simulate skulls) or belts with dangling bells (to simulate male genetalia) are often common religious accoutrements.
Note that John Francis uses a black silk ruemel weighted with small adamantium weights. This is noteworthy. For anyone younger than 60, they know the faith encourages polychromatic scarves and strongly discourages single colors- black MOST strongly- as they are seen as unlucky.

John is the child of a Quill named Hawkeye Grumby, and an Islander woman named Doris Robson. Hawkeye had speech impediments and ear deformities, and was nearly killed by his Quill parents. A friend of Jonas Grumby, the original pirate king, took him in and gave him his name. He was a close friend of the Grant family. Doris was a nobody islander who made a name for herself at one of the Tellurian games- mostly by challenging everyone and losing all the time.

John Francis is not a fan of either of his parents. He refuses to use his last name.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-oxEe2rdzR-c/Ue6ntlycVEI/AAAAAAAAA_w/z0KQSeDGlwo/s1600/Fenris_02.jpg

Morph Bark
2014-12-16, 02:31 PM
Feetrikki Hel Kaivaar stood proud and tall, arms folded over his plain yellow-and-black tunic. His chin and right cheek bore a few long scars, from a time he'd made the mistake of accosting a Cree and provoking a fight just because he could. Because he held on to the suffix his father had given him to denote his elven heritage of the Helmi, the gem elves, he hadn't found his place amongst the elven nobles easily, unlike his sister who had become a Marquise.

Eevi Ravitar fidgeted nervously. She was excited for the night, but she was uncertain about what would happen and whether she was ready enough to live forevermore changed. Looking over her shoulder at her happily chatting younger sisters, she felt at once assured and a pressing sense of duty to watch over them, and such duty required the power to attend to it. She decided, she would go through with it. Even if her heart was still gnawed on by fear.

Inkeri Timanpaholainen had felt awkward for long amidst the other elves here in the north. As a glacier elf, she'd felt right at home in the Ice Palace, and had been struck hard by the realization that that would not be her new residence, but that she and her half-siblings would be living in Eyrecradia. Eyrecradia! All the nobles at the Fae Court spoke lowly of it, though never much out loud. It was a deep and dark place, not a place of cold beauty as the palace. When the invitation had come from Queen Kyria to join her for this special occasion, she had seized the opportunity with both hands. Everything to get away from the dark dreariness of the depths below.

Li Huanle Jarrow was still wearing her black dress, her arms fully covered by long gloves and sleeves, her face veiled. She had not given notice to her brood mistress in Aus-Teire, but with what had happened in the Imperium just three years earlier, she had no doubt that her brother would never allow the vampires to leave. She smiled a little behind her veil. It was ironic, really, how for years she had felt her freedom had been restricted by her nature and her dreams destroyed by the actions of others claiming to do it for the better of her, and now her she was: free and about to have a new dream, a new purpose, be granted.

Looks like I missed one that did get married off. Eemeli Loistavaseppä isn't present because she got betrothed/married to Razkai Frekison of Sulvan's Fury. I think Hilja, Ilmatar and Vivi Ravitar would be too young to partake in the ritual (they're all 14), but they are present. Eero's participation might still be a bit up in the air.

DoomHat
2014-12-16, 04:20 PM
Speaking to Balmorra once he joined her, "Greetings, cousin in faith. I see you brought your dogs. Have you trained them in proper respect?" It was almost a decade ago, but his rough handling by the Cree security at the technological expo still was a sore spot for him. His wife touched his sleeve, cautioning him.

Balmorra seemed almost physically wounded by the question. She paused for a long moment, shocked and almost dizzy, trying to wrap her mind around the situation. She retained her composure, but only insofar as anyone could be expected to do so with a knife driven into their belly.

“Chosen one! Surely... surely Chosen Robson has not taken the actions of our Inquisition all those years ago personally? I do not understand. I was told that The Mother had used you as a vessel to test us? Had we failed? I do not understand.

It was due to respect for your worthy station that the Inquisitors displayed such unusual restraint that day! There were some who called to have those men punished for not being harsher with you oh Chosen! What would you have had them do?

In an ideal world none would think to question the actions or motives of a Chosen of Kina, but the sad truth is that we live in a world of infidels. Even when it comes to pass that all my countrymen embrace the True Faith, if they gave special privilege or exception to any of The Mother's Children at such an Event there would be outrage!

Please, if there is a lesson that must be learned, one that in my weakness I have failed to understand, please, I beg you impart it to me, so that I may better teach these Guardians who have made themselves mere Dogs in your sight.”.

Her gaze was at his feet, and her eyes had begun to well up with tears.

Meanwhile the only other Cree that seemed to have taken the comment personally was the Rijwak shaman. She scrutinized John like a piece meat she suspected may or may not be salvageable if cooked long enough.

The Inquisitors were totally unphased. As Volgan Says: "Where there is bait, there is usually a hook”. The question was not responded to, but it was heard, and recorded.

lt_murgen
2014-12-16, 08:42 PM
John Francis was unmoved. In fact, he was a bit angered. “Compose yourself, cousin. Do you seek compassion? From me? No, I have only contempt for such displays.”

His wife, however, seemed far more compassionate, and offered the woman a small handkerchief. “The true needs of the soul is found only in the darkness beyond adversity.” She said, quoting the venerated Opus, quietly. Her eyes held a the haunted look of a woman without hope.

He looked around at the Cree. “Your Inquisitors are dogs. Highly trained, highly dangerous, well restrained, and obedient to their masters. I admire them. I have no doubts as to their prowess against other men. Normal men. Only a fool would walk into one of their carefully designed traps.”

He looked back at the woman. “Yet the world is full of exceptions. Dragon-men. Ridovo’s living dead. Giants, vampires, angels, behemoths, living rocks, rats of living metal, shadow-walkers like myself, winged malcontents like him.” He said, pointing to the Atheling. “Feasting on power and privilege. And they hesitated when tested.” For the first time, he smiled, a tight, fatalistic smile of a doomed man. “They should have struck at once. They do not respect the powers stalking the world. They failed.” His voice held carefully constrained contempt.

DoomHat
2014-12-17, 12:42 AM
Balmorra's expression darkened and became impassive. She raised a faintly shaking hand to politely decline the handkerchief. Did the Chosen understand what he had just said? Did he know what those words meant to a Cree?

She had been distraught by the notion that the Cree had ill served Kina. She'd spent her whole life in the shadow of her fellow Cree's distrust. If her family could so easily turn their backs on Sky Father and Earth Mother, how could they be trusted to remain loyal to the Tyranny?

She had preached every day that The Mother of Night was the very source of Providence. That the Tyrant is blessed by Kina, as are all who possess Purity of Purpose. Loyalty to the Tyranny and The Mother were one and the same. It was only natural. The Cree would one day come to see this. That is what she had always believed.

But now, one of The Chosen was declaring that her countrymen should have struck him down? Is that the mission Kina had sent him on? How could Kina so misunderstand the heart of the Cree?! Had all her prayers fallen upon deaf ears? How could she not understand what it means to provoke the Cree to violence...

She heard the rhythmic clack of heavy boots as a grim presence closed in on her from behind. The Heart of the Inquisition rested its hands round her collar. His voice was even and precise, bringing to mind the ominous tattoo of a large clock in an empty home.

“Interesting.

International Diplomacy. A Difficult Proposition. So Many Standards Of Etiquette. For Some, A Lie In Any Context Is Intolerable. In Crima, Sarcasm Is Regarded A National Pass-time. Reputable Art Form.

For Most, 'Respect' implies: Civility. Kind Words. Deference. Hospitality.

However. This One Is Aware Of Less Conventional Standards. Codes Of Behavior Traditionally Labeled 'Barbarous'. In Such A System, Turning One's Back Upon One Who Is Not Immediate Family Is Regarded As An Insult. Suggests The Offended Party Is Weak. Such Action Invites Immediate Violence From The Offended Party.

When Making Arrangements For The Summit, This One Received No Intelligence Indicating the ChildrenOfKina Subscribed To Such a Standard of Etiquette.”

His right hand moved to cup Balmorra's chin as his left hand subtly tensed near her throat. She inhaled sharply and braced herself for what might come next.

“It Is Not Too Late For Us To Revise Our Policies In Regard To The Treatment of Those Who Worship The Kina Deity. However. This One Must First Request Independent Verification.

Who Here Can Confirm This Man's Testimony? Are The Children of Kina So Insecure And Uncivil That The Cree Can Not Afford To Turn Our Backs? Can We Afford To Punish Mild Mischief With Anything Less Then The Fullest Extent Of Our Wrath?”

The Inquisitors pulled in around their Heart. They had not visibly drawn weapons, but it was clear that could change faster then the eye could see. Their formation was purly defensive, making it clear that their objective was to aid the Heart in making to the exit should it prove necessary.

For her part, the Rijwak woman continued impassively observing Chosen Robson. Her assessment was not improving.

HalfTangible
2014-12-17, 01:53 AM
"ENOUGH!!!!" Only a few feet from the two groups, a resounding CLANG went up.

A drakeborn had slammed down a tower shield bearing the flag of Sycia. The 8 foot tall creature removed its helmet and glared at both the Inquisition and the Kina delegation. Its head was similar to a man's, but scaly and with a slightly protruding snout. One of his eyes was milky white and bore a massive scar. His scales were a deep emerald, and he carried a pair of tower shields. His armor was massive, with the image of a pair of wings engraved into the chest (probably pegasus wings, but who knew with these creatures?)

"Does Morgthar need to intervene, or can you two maintain composure for the duration of a single summit?" He asked, his voice low and growling. Strangely, his diction and tone suggested a cold, calculating intelligence that his choice of weaponry, sudden interference between a pair of madmen and lack of first person pronouns did not. Morgthar seemed to be alone - perhaps the remainder of the Sycian delegation was elsewhere.

DoomHat
2014-12-17, 02:06 AM
"Thank You Morgthar of Sycia But That Should Not Be Necessary. This One Has Merely Asked A Question Related To Potentially Altering Cree Internal Policy. It Is Not the Practice Of The Inquisition To Do Harm To Anyone Over Whom We Do Not Hold Jurisdiction."

The Inquisitors and their Heart were disquietingly still and tense with readiness. They couldn't quite been seen to even breath.

TheDarkDM
2014-12-17, 04:28 AM
The thud of the main doors opening was nearly lost beneath the clang of Morgthar's shield. So too the passing of the one they had opened for, as all eyes turned towards the scene developing between the Cree and the Chosen of Kina. But as the cloaked figure strode through the middle of the hall, a shadow fell over the assemblage. It seemed an impossible thing, as though the stranger passing was but a figment hiding some monstrous beast. Worse, the shadow of its passing seemed to move of its own volition, crawling up the legs of some, looming over others. As the figure neared the Queen, the guard in attendance readied themselves to spring into action, but scant feet from the royal dais it stopped.

Like water rushing down a drain, the shadow suddenly receded, drawn back into the hooded stranger. The outermost edges of it twisted as they were drawn away from the other guests, only growing still when they passed the borders of what should have been the stranger's natural reflection. Then a pair of clawed hand appeared from the black robe's voluminous sleeves, drawing back the hood to reveal Nezetkhamun.

"Queen Kyria, you have my thanks for your invitation."

lt_murgen
2014-12-17, 08:29 AM
John Francis giggled. A downright schoolgirl giggle. With one hand he gestured vaguely to the 8 foot tall drakeborn, the other to the arriving dragon-demigod. To no one but himself, he quietly noted, “…couldn’t have made my point better myself.” After a half of a second, he recovered.

“Set aside your fears, Cousin Balmorra. Your work with the Cree is blessed. Khaditna embraces the Cree’s clarity of purpose and truth of motivation.”

Turning to the Heart, he spoke formally. “Apologies. Trade tongue does not carry the nuance Islander in this term. Ulukau, the word I translated as respect. The captain has ulukau for the hurricane on the horizon. The diver has ulukau for the venomous eels of the pearl beds. Fishermen on the river have ulukau for the great crocodiles. Not fear, for they trust in their abilities. But a healthy… understanding of and appreciation for the destructive potential contained within.”
“In answer to your query, no. The Children of Kina are no threat to the Cree and their protectors. No mortal man alive could stand unafraid against one such as you. Only those possessing the divine spark deserve ulukau, respect, above normal men and women. The chosen, the dragon-scions, the blazing avatar, the accursed ridolvist, the shahidi under osuro. These are the great beasts, the great storms. Tell me. After twenty years of great events being disrupted by supernatural forces, have you learned ulukau?” His voice was one of hopeful anticipation and not derision, carrying with it hints of great joy.

Reggiejam
2014-12-17, 09:19 AM
The Queen had monitored the happenings between her advisor Chosen Robson and the Cree with half hearted interest from afar. It was not her place to interfere in squabbling among the Children and she was simply pleased it was none of her Brood that were seeking violence against one another. Robson was a Deceiver, he held to a slightly modified version of the Mother's Call and the Cree Children were followers in unenlightened lands whose Kina Family was so small the roots of the Deceivers had not taken any hold. Not, of course, that the Deceivers were anything more than the hunters of the demons and the righteous hand of the Mother's judgment. This situation would see if perhaps there was room among the Cree for the Deceiver Cult or if it would destroy them. Such was the Mother's will.

At the arrival of the Xiuhtlatec the Queen grew interested in the affairs, sitting up slightly taller on the Throne of Thorns. Though the hood hid his face she would be a fool not to recognize the silhouette and powerful walk of one of her studied mentors and fellow leader of the Concordat.

"And you have mine for your arrival Nezetkhamun." the Queen responded, "Witnessing your ascension those many years ago was a blessing, I felt it only proper you be invited to witness my own growth."

They were waiting on no more guests now with the arrival of the Xiuhtlatec and a representative from Sycia. She would leave time for continued mingling among the guests and her selected and to see how the drama Chosen Robson had stirred would play out but soon the time would be for her to give life to her children, to show Huanle the way of the Mother's Blessing that she might be ready to begin her own selection.

DoomHat
2014-12-17, 10:29 AM
The Heart remained deathly still. His mask hid all expression. Yet the dreadful weight of his killing intent hung heavy in the air around him.

The accusation that the Cree Inquisition, HIS Inquisition, was helpless in the face of the supernatural had struck a very tender nerve. As did the apparent indifference displayed by those assembled here to the scope of his ultimatum. The Dragon Nezetkhamun and Queen Varinel's combined dismissal drove yet another nail into over one hundred thousand coffins.

Thank You John Francis Xavier Robson. Your Clarification Is Noted.

Unfortunately. The Cree Elite Display Our 'Ulukau' With Violent Contempt. A Hurricane In The Distance Is Respected. A Storm That Intercepts Is Conquered And Survived Through The Application Of All Consuming Spite.

This One Requested Independent Confirmation Of Chosen John Francis Xavier Robson's Testimony. This One Will Wait An Additional 30 Seconds To Receive It. Unwillingness Or Inability To Fulfill This Request Will Result In This Woman's Immediate Execution. This One Will Then Leave To Advise The Tyrant Repeat That Action Until The ChildrenofKina No Longer Hold A Significant Presence In The Tyranny.

HalfTangible
2014-12-17, 02:40 PM
The Heart remained deathly still. His mask hid all expression. Yet the dreadful weight of his killing intent hung heavy in the air around him.

The accusation that the Cree Inquisition, HIS Inquisition, was helpless in the face of the supernatural had struck a very tender nerve. As did the apparent indifference displayed by those assembled here to the scope of his ultimatum. The Dragon Nezetkhamun and Queen Varinel's combined dismissal drove yet another nail into over one hundred thousand coffins.

Thank You John Francis Xavier Robson. Your Clarification Is Noted.

Unfortunately. The Cree Elite Display Our 'Ulukau' With Violent Contempt. A Hurricane In The Distance Is Respected. A Storm That Intercepts Is Conquered And Survived Through The Application Of All Consuming Spite.

This One Requested Independent Confirmation Of Chosen John Francis Xavier Robson's Testimony. This One Will Wait An Additional 30 Seconds To Receive It. Unwillingness Or Inability To Fulfill This Request Will Result In This Woman's Immediate Execution. This One Will Then Leave To Advise The Tyrant Repeat That Action Until The ChildrenofKina No Longer Hold A Significant Presence In The Tyranny.

Morgthar turned and stood in front of the Cree. "Do it here and Morgthar will be forced by oath to slay you all. He would much prefer not to - blood is so hard to wash out of his armor. But force his claw, and he shall. You are far outside the tyranny and your jurisdiction."

"So are we, Boss." Came a voice that seemed to echo from hiding.

"Morgthar is aware of that. He's simply not sure if the Cree are." His eyes narrowed. "Or if they care."

Reggiejam
2014-12-17, 02:43 PM
"If you'll excuse me Nezetkhamun," the Queen said, rising from her Throne and taking a step into the shadows cast by the limited lighting, disappearing and reappearing a few feet off from the Cree and Chosen Robson.

"Heart Gaantabar," she spoke in a firm but not unkind tone, "Your Inquisition is well respected by myself and, despite his words, Chosen Robson. The entire Children of Kina hold nothing but respect for the Cree, none but your own Inquisitorial service has capably disabled one of the Mother's Chosen," the Queen's head turned slightly that it might be inferred she was looking upon Robson, "The Children comply to much of the standards of accepted civility, I suspect our mutual acquaintance the Chosen Robson speaks only from a position of familiarity among those Children of Kina who allow levels of civility to decrease amongst those they know and this is a setting of friends and family many, but that does not excuse disregard for those here only to view and ensure safety, such as yourself Good Heart."

DoomHat
2014-12-17, 03:30 PM
There was no response to Morgthar. The Inquisitors remained coiled and silent, counting down the seconds.

Then the Queen spoke, and Heart Gaantabar replied in his unwavering mechanistic fashion.

"The Testimony of Queen Kyria Varinel- Sovereign of The Faedas Freehold- Has Been Entered Into Record."

His hands moved way from Daughter Bolormaa's throat and down to her shoulders. He briefly applied his powerful grip to carefully kneading the tension there. Bolormaa's face flashed with confusion, relief, and the stinging pleasure of a skillful applied massage. He then released her and step away.

"At The Current Time: This One Deems The Children of Kina To Be a Respectable Origination With Interests Compatible To Those Of the Cree Tyranny. The Members Of This Oversight Committee Apologize For The Necessary Disruption. Discussion Will Be Had At A Later Time As To How The Tyranny May Properly Atone."

The Inquisitors relaxed and returned to their original positions. The Heart's faceless helm turned briefly to Morgthar before concluding.

"The Words And Actions of One -Morgthar of Sycia- Have Also Been Entered Into The Record. No Censure Shall Be Made At This Time For His Threat Of Violence Against Officers of The Tyrant's Peace And A Member of The Tyrannic Cabinet In An Apparent Effort To Obstruct Legal Action Against A Sworn Citizen Of The Tyranny. Discussion Of This Offence Shall Be Postponed To A More Appropriate Time And Venue."

lt_murgen
2014-12-18, 09:12 PM
Robson bowed to the Queen, deferring to her. He understood her message; no more picking fights with the Cree. They just didn't understand the role they were to play in the coming Year of the Skulls. Their hubris was too deeply rooted. In a huff, he stepped into the nearest shadow, and disappeared from view.

His wife was relieved to see him go. She turned to Bolormaa and attempted to explain. "I am told he was not like this in the past. Those that survive the Blood of the Mother return changed, and are driven by mysterious commands. I would never undergo that ritual."

Morph Bark
2014-12-19, 07:40 AM
Feetrikki scoffed and thumbed his nose. "Typical Cree. Make a ruckus and then act like nothing happened." He seemed to want to say more, but he noticed his aunt turning towards him and kept his lips together. While he didn't have much respect for Huanle personally, she was still a blessed one from what he'd heard, and was a senior member of the Imperial House of Li. He didn't want to be on her bad side.

He looked over his shoulder towards one of the walls, where his half-brother Eero had set up a small table and two seats. He was probably playing a board game again, this time with an older Eyrecradian noblewoman as his opponent. Feetrikki shook his head. He didn't get what his half-brother found so fascinating about the darn things.

SamBurke
2014-12-19, 12:06 PM
Vasili entered the room without trepidation, striding in with a smirk on his face and hands on his hips. His confidence, however, dissipated as he saw all of those present in the room. He had not wings, or darkness, or the dragon's-blood, and in fact felt rather inadequate compared to the many greats stalking the halls before him.

So he sank to the background, taking his place without ceremony in one of the chairs by the wall, noting that a board game was taking place beside him. Perhaps there were not all fanatics here...

BladeofObliviom
2014-12-19, 12:41 PM
'Tis strange how the damned Tieflin can seem to fade into the background unless close attention is paid, and Alton Alexia, the Grandmaster of the defunct Order of the Cleansing Cold, was no different. Nevertheless, the man was called into sharp relief as he loudly coughed once.

"Not that this isn't a fascinating discussion, but we all are here for a reason, and this reason is not our love of quarreling, yes? Perhaps we could move on to matters of import?"

Very sorry this took me so long, Reggie. I'm bad at starting RP posts sometimes. :smallredface:

Reggiejam
2014-12-21, 08:18 PM
With the disturbance between the Cree and Chosen Robson resolved the Queen returned in a blink to her Throne. She rested easily despite the spiky thorns that grabbed at her clothing and tried to tear at her skin. Despite being sat in often the Throne's thorns grew back constantly and without repent and they held no love for she who sat upon them. It was a reminder to the discomforts of power but so too did it keep the Queen's mind sharp, heightened by prickling pain. It was a pain Kyria had long ago learned to ignore and the Grove had nearly made her immune to it but she had taken to sitting in positions that made the thorns a more present effect and their lesson remained.

A half hour more she let the strange brew of socializing continue among the odd collection of men and women she had gathered before she began. She caught Chosen Robson's eye, nodding that it was time. She stood and the participants who had been informed ahead of time this would be their signal began to form a circle around the Bloodfire pot in the center of the Ice Palace's main chamber. The guests and witnesses were backed away from the central portion of the hall, although the guards who put them in position filed out of the room leaving only witnesses and participants. The air hung silently for a moment and then Kyria and Chosen Robson both began to shadow walk around the room arriving just outside the light halos of the torches lighting the room, extinguishing them one by one until the only light came from the dull crimson glow of the Bloodfire lighting the faces of Kyria's chosen Brood:

The Atheling, massive black wings casting shadows on the wall and impassive face rivaling the Queen's own demeanor; Feetrikki Hel Kaivaar who's scars were lit eerily in the light; Eevi Ravitar who's resolute face betrayed hints of fear and love; Inkeri Timanpaholainen who looked so regal, so Fae, despite or perhaps because, of her heritage; Vasili who's human features marked him as an outsider but who's quick Guilderene mind had entertained the Queen in the recent years; and Alton Alexia, the tiefling who had forsaken his vows to the Cleansing Cold in favor of the Mother, such devotion to the Call of the Mother and the skills he possessed had drawn the Queen to him

On Kyria's right was Li Huanle Jarrow, the Imperial had been an almost constant presence alongside the Faerie Queen since returning to the Ice Palace with Kyria almost two years ago. She was both a sister and a daughter to the Queen and above all, an apprentice. The Queen had wanted her to be front and center to witness this ritual that she might be ready to create her own Brood and to teach Loris what the Queen had taught her when the time came for Kyria to return to the Grove.

On Kyria's left stood Chosen Robson, he was known internationally, or at least among the Cree, as a trouble causer and rebel rouser. Among the Court he was derided for holding such power and influence despite his human heritage and his cruel tendencies towards his wife had alienated the family of Yunizar. Yet despite it the Queen trusted the Chosen's judgment and cooperation. She worked well with the Quill and found his dedicated council and unabashed words pleasing when compared to the two faced treatment she received from the majority of her Court. Himself and his family and those he would train were just as important to her Brood as those she now sought to turn.

The Queen stepped forward that the Bloodfire lit her upper torso, her wings were against her back though free and with the uplighting of the red liquid and silent surrounding she must have looked to be some form of demon.

"Our Mother, Blessed Night and Eternal Darkness, was borne of the gods who desired to create for themselves a tool, a weapon that might defeat the Beastly Demon that slaughtered and maimed the cosmos. She was made of pieces each from all the gods and created from the head of the Lord of Fire. She fell upon the Beast who had multiplied upon the fabric of existence and consumed its reflections each piece by piece until she shone with the points of light emanating from the Beast within her and danced with ecstatic joy."

"Great Mother had devoured Her foe. Consuming black of death was her presence and She fell upon the world writhing in joy. Quick thinking and swift Lord of Fire took form of a babe and cried out at Her ecstasy and Kina came to suckle the child at Her breast, returning the Lord a partiality of His power. But there remained within Her the contorting and writhing Beast. Her purpose as Devourer was not forgotten and She came to Devour the souls of mortals should She judge them false in their goodness or wicked in their intent."

"This power she drew from the gods, but so too she drew from the Beast. She had consumed Evil but evil persisted and She was gifted the sight to see it and the power to consume it. It is the role of Khaditna to uncover the unworthy and the role of Khadi to destroy them."

"My sister and I were blessed by Mother at the Miracle of Nighthawk. She gave to us strength, and purpose, to serve as Her agents upon Telluris. To act for Khaditna and herald Khadi. To sacrifice our lives as mortals and serve the Mother completely, mind, body, and soul. But She did not leave us to do so unaided. She graced us with the power to create aids, those who might serve the purposes of the Mother through our direction on this earth. To create in place of the families and dynasties of free mortals our own children, our Brood."

"Broodlings! Do you swear your unending and undying loyalty to my hand? Do you swear to carry out my laws and orders and carry forward with you the Mother's words? If so you swear step forward and receive the Mother's Blessing!"

Alton Alexia was first, his devotion to the Mother confirmed years ago by his actions within the Cleansing Cold. The Queen disappeared from the head of the assemblage and reappeared in the shadows behind the tiefling. She came around to look him in his eyes and embraced his face as a mother would a child and tilted her head to the side. She struck suddenly, her mouth at his neck in an instant and her sharp canine teeth sinking into his neck. The Tiefling felt only an initial bite and then was flooded with endorphins. What seemed like an eternity was only moments and Kyria withdrew from the tiefling's neck. Her mouth was coated in dark crimson blood and she licked them clean as she reviewed the tiefling's eyes from whom the life faded quickly.

He slumped to the ground and appeared dead. None moved and none of the others voiced their confirmation as they waited and watched. Chosen Robson appeared beside the Queen and watched on. Then, a twitch. The tiefling convulsed for a moment and his eyes re-opened to the world. His soul had made the journey and been given to Khadi to hold. He was as Kyria was. Blessed by the Mother. A hunter of the Night. A member of the Brood.

Another confirmation and the Queen stepped into the shadows once more, appearing to the elven volunteers in rapid succession and treating upon them each the same treatment she had given to the tiefling. Each fell to the ground, first Feetrikki, then Eevi, then Inkeri. And each rose, except for Inkeri who remained motionless upon the floor.

The Queen looked away after it became apparent the elf was gone.

"She has joined the Mother. Her time was up and her service here was not needed, but time still stands for the rest. The commitment made will Bless the one who does so."

I hope you don't mind my killing one of them but it seemed like it needed to happen to prove it didn't always work perfectly.

I hope the Atheling is still down despite things (he seems like the guy who would be) as he's kinda my favorite Broodling and I really want to see what happens when he receives the Mother's blessing and use him in future events and stuff.

I suppose of Vasili is going to freak out, now's the time. Also, do you care if he lives, dies, or is enthralled? I kinda want to enthrall him to show that that's another danger in this but having him be a 'lowborn' vampire is also pretty interesting.

SamBurke
2014-12-22, 10:34 AM
Take Vasili for whatever you want... I don't think he's scared, quite, cause he knows he's in dark stuff now, but he's certainly not chillin' and having a martini.