PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Thrallherd's Thrallherd

Desiani
2014-12-15, 09:24 PM
So... I am looking at a psion build that is going into Thrallherd with a Thrall going into Thrallherd. The thrall's thrall won't be going into Thrallherd, but into alchemist.

My DM isn't in the habit of saying no to things as we have a master summoner in our party and I am just tired of him having the spotlight with his bazillions of summons.

Is this a bit of overkill? >.>

paperarmor
2014-12-15, 09:36 PM
It depends on how your DM handles Thralls but Im gonna go ahead and say yes, enjoy the ride. It's an old leadership exploit.

(Un)Inspired
2014-12-15, 09:39 PM
You dislike it when others take up too much table time with a plethora of minions so your solution is to take up even more of the table's time with minions?

This doesn't sound like the path to happiness.

atemu1234
2014-12-15, 09:50 PM
You dislike it when others take up too much table time with a plethora of minions so you solution is to take up even more of the table's time with minions?

This doesn't sound like the path to happiness.

Really? It sounds like mine.

(Un)Inspired
2014-12-15, 09:56 PM
Really? It sounds like mine.

Really? Can you explain the feeling to me?

Tohsaka Rin
2014-12-15, 09:57 PM
Is the problem that the other player is more EFFECTIVE, or that they're getting more ATTENTION?

The solution to the former isn't to fight fire with fire, but bring something else to the table. Lightning or Acid are good choices.

If the latter is the issue... Get over it. It's a co-operative game, not a competitive one (usually). Instead of trying to play 'anything you can do' bring something else to the table.

Something everyone will find useful. Say... Some form of mass buffer? If the other player has a lot of summons, being able to throw down lots of buffs on a bunch of friendly targets will not only be effective, but also make you invaluable.

Sure, the other guy has a lot of mooks, but you're making them viable/more effective.

Psyren
2014-12-15, 10:31 PM
Never solve out of game problems with in-game solutions.

Sometimes DMs allow things because they don't realize other people at the table have a problem with it, but are more than happy to step up if you bring it to their attention.

atemu1234
2014-12-15, 10:53 PM
Really? Can you explain the feeling to me?

Spite, my dear. With a fair bit of exasperation.

(Un)Inspired
2014-12-15, 11:10 PM
Spite, my dear. With a fair bit of exasperation.

While I do love spite in an academic sense. I haven't seen it lead to happiness in practice.

Raven777
2014-12-15, 11:17 PM
While I do love spite in an academic sense. I haven't seen it lead to happiness in practice.

It's a bit like seeing your enemies driven before you and hearing the lamentations of their women, really. It just is not to everyone's taste.

(Un)Inspired
2014-12-15, 11:29 PM
It's a bit like seeing your enemies driven before you and hearing the lamentations of their women, really. It just is not to everyone's taste.

See I understand that as an entertaining thing to say, I just don't fully understand deriving happiness from spite. I suppose I'm getting into the problem of vagueness as it pertains to happiness however.

Regardless of what happiness is, I don't advocate a minion based arms race with another player. The suggestion that you should work in tandem with other players or talk to them out of character sound like ideas that will bear sweeter fruit.