PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Just a quick question

Adalid
2014-12-16, 02:09 AM
On some warweaver builds I see people getting into the class with as their 4th level, just curious to how they do it, pretty new to the game and I'd like to make one.

Kelb_Panthera
2014-12-16, 02:21 AM
On some warweaver builds I see people getting into the class with as their 4th level, just curious to how they do it, pretty new to the game and I'd like to make one.

There are a few ways to gain access to spells a little beyond your current level.

Since you're new, let me ask what source books you have available before you get barraged with -all- the early entry tricks.

Adalid
2014-12-16, 02:39 AM
All books are open except book of erotica, kingdoms of kalamar, and there might be like 2 more that I can't remember off the top of my head. I've been playing about 3 months, so im not like completely clueless but this is my first arcane caster. I've read the wizard handbook and the metamagic feats guide. The character would start out at lv 12.

Troacctid
2014-12-16, 04:05 AM
1. Be an Illumian (from Races of Destiny) and take the Improved Sigil: Krau feat. This will make two of your 2nd level spells count as 3rd level spells. This is the most straightforward way.
2. Take the Sanctum Spell feat (from Complete Arcane). Spells cast within your sanctum count as 1 level higher. As long as you are within your sanctum, you can cast 2nd level spells as 3rd level spells, allowing you to qualify. This might not fly with some DMs because of how conditional it is.
3. Take Heighten Spell, Earth Sense, and Earth Spell (the latter two are from Races of Stone). Earth Spell makes your heightened spells extra-heightened if you're standing on stone or unworked earth. Heighten a 1st level spell to 2nd level, and it will count as a 3rd level spell. Unless flaws are allowed, you probably don't have enough feats to do this at level 3, although it's great for a Wu Jen.
4. Take Versatile Spellcaster (from Races of the Dragon) and Heighten Spell. You can now use two 2nd level spell slots to heighten one of your 2nd level spells to 3rd level. This only works for spontaneous casters, so it's a level behind the other methods.

There are probably other ways too.

Kelb_Panthera
2014-12-16, 04:06 AM
Okay then, there are two ways to do it.

1) Be an illumian and take improved sigil krau for your level 3 feat. This will let you cast one of your level 2 spells such that it counts as a level 3 spell. A strict DM may decide you need to apply it to 2 of your level 2 spells but you were probably going to do that any way. Illumians and the feat are in races of destiny.

2) Earth spell. This one has two prerequisite feats but can be used by any race. By heightening one of your level 1 spells to level 2 with the heighten spell feat, earth spell then makes it count as a level 3 spell.

Edit: forgot; earth spell is in races of stone.

Adalid
2014-12-16, 04:35 AM
Thanks for the replies to both of you! Really looking forward to playing this character.

atemu1234
2014-12-16, 08:00 AM
Don't forget Cleric + Divine Metamagic + Heighten Spell.

Troacctid
2014-12-16, 01:13 PM
Don't forget Cleric + Divine Metamagic + Heighten Spell.

War Weaver requires arcane spells, yes?

sleepyphoenixx
2014-12-16, 01:17 PM
Snowcasting (Frostburn) heightens [Cold] spells by 1 level. Bards can expend bardic music uses to heighten spells with Talfirian Song (Races of Faerun?).