PDA

View Full Version : Eloi for 3.5 [PEACH]

atemu1234
2014-12-16, 10:53 AM
I've designed the Eloi as a 3.5 race, please PEACH. I'll post descriptions later, but what do you think of the following:

+2 Dex, -4 Con, -2 Int, +2 Cha
Medium Size
Humanoid (Human)
+2 Racial Bonus on Diplomacy and Bluff checks.
Base land speed is 30 ft.
LA: +0
Favored Class: First one they take levels in.

Eldan
2014-12-16, 11:07 AM
I don't see much reason to ever play them, really. Even if they look pretty good for how they were portrayed in the book (except their intelligence seemed a lot lower, not slightly below average for a modern human.)

Solaris
2014-12-16, 02:47 PM
Agreed. A -4 penalty to Constitution is a deal-breaker, and the racial traits are like a half-elf, only worse.

Alabenson
2014-12-16, 03:01 PM
I'm afraid I have to echo the above sentiments; the ability modifiers are crippling to the point of rendering the race unplayable, and it doesn't get anything to make up for them beyond some token skill bonuses.

Solaris
2014-12-16, 03:50 PM
-2 Str and -2 Con instead of -4 Con is less bad.

You'd want to add in more bonuses, too. Remember, this thing is competing against human as a baseline - so how can you make this competitive?

Vhaidara
2014-12-18, 11:10 PM
Okay, so, ability mods
+2 Dex: This is good. Dex is probably the third most utilitarian stat (everyone gets something from it)
+2 Cha: This is the most circumstantial racial bonus. The least utilitarian stat.
-4 Con: OW THAT HURT. I can't actually think of a race with a -4 Con. Con is the most utilitarian stat (everyone gets something from it)
-2 Int: Again, this hurts a lot. Int is second for utilitarian stats.

Then, you get +2 to Diplomacy and Bluff. This is basically what half elves have. So, compared to half elf, bearing in mind that half elves are really silly weak.
-2 stats (and not a very good arrangement)
lose immunity to sleep, bonus on saves vs enchantment, +1 to listen, spot, and search, low light vision, Elven blood, and automatic access to the Elven language.

You have made crappy half elves. I consider this an achievement.

Solaris
2014-12-19, 08:36 AM
Ghost elves are a race from Dragon Magazine with a -4 Con penalty and (IIRC) a +1 level adjustment.
Despite having some really cool fluff, nobody plays one.

(Un)Inspired
2014-12-20, 02:11 AM
I would put a constant Calm Emotions effect that emanated out on them, switch the -4 con to -2 str and -2 con as people have said, maybe increase their cha t o+4 and make bard their favored class.