PDA

View Full Version : The Jedi Civil War - IC

Dienekes
2014-12-16, 11:28 PM
The skies of Foerost were clear, for once the smoke and dust that erupted from the mines and industry that permanently surrounded the planet let its occupant’s peak out at the vast galaxy around them. The only obstruction, a ring of ships surrounding the planet of different shapes and sizes. Despite its splendor, most denizens of Foerost ignored the vision above them and remained focused on their work. The people crowded the busy streets of Haljibar as caravans created a steady stream between the mines to the industrial complexes that had been built around them. Further from the durasteel factories were the docks, with living quarters mixed in wherever they would fit. Most were cramped and shoddy rooms designed for the workers. However, there were wealthier quarters at the edges of the city. The wealthy business leaders and politicians controlled that territory, and lived in complexes as large as the workers hovels were small. Vast estates built in part to inspire splendor, but each designed to make sure that those uninvited were kept out. There was an efficiency about the city, each road was straight and each section was square. No doubt caused as the city was originally designed for military efficiency. Though most difficult for foreigners to ignore was the dirt. Foerost was a working industrial world, industrial filth and mining soot was unavoidable. It was often joked among the wealthier core planets that if you are ever to visit Foerost, one would be wise to touch nothing and bring your own air.

It was just after nightfall, and the workers were finally returning to their homes, when the sky suddenly changed. It did not seem so important a thing at first. A single ship popped out of hyperspace. Then another, and another, until a fleet flashed into existence. Sirens began to blare, howling and flashing as more and more people finally looked to the skies. An unauthorized fleet had appeared. Some shouted it was the return of the Mandalorians, again conducting their raid. People ran to shelter, though it would do little good as the fleet rained down missiles upon the population. Explosions rocked the land, and buildings crumbled. The main mine that lay in the center of the city was hit directly, hundreds screamed out as the caves collapsed in upon them.

Each of you are in the city of Hajibar, what are you doing and what is your reaction to the beginning of the Jedi Civil War?

Blackdrop
2014-12-17, 12:31 AM
The first few strikes of the bombardment were barely able to rouse Sao-Ren from his cot. Loud noises and rowdy people barely even registered to the veteran mercenary, particularly in this industrial hotbed. But as the number of explosions increased and the screams of the laborers of Hajibar grew louder and louder, even Sao wasn't able to ignore them any longer.

"What in the hell is going on?!"

Sao grabbed his rifle from beside his cot and ran to the door and out into the street to see what was going on. He had never been in a city under direct bombardment before, but he had heard enough stories from people who had to know what going on. He ran back into the hovel and his cot to begin strapping the rest of his gear back on.

"Ur! Ur, get up! The city's under attack!"

ZootSuit86
2014-12-17, 04:50 AM
He felt it before the sound arrived. A surge of awe and fear from the people of Hajibar when a field of stars winked out of oblivion and into the night sky, then began to fall... The mine collapsing plunged Ur back into the freezing awareness of his own body, his trance shattered by the rush of intense emotions as countless innocents were simultaneously doomed to a slow death in the darkness.

Ur faced a darkness of his own, more blind to the world now that he was back in it than when he wandered the recesses of his own mind, having taken off his lenses to better stimulate extrasensory perception. Feeling for the left one in the pocket he always kept it in, he jammed it over his eye to reveal the disorienting half-world. The other lens on, and the world became complete, albeit with a great deal more shockwaves shaking the small dwelling to pieces than usual.

"Ur! Ur, get up! The city's under attack!"

I suppose I can rule out this being a particularly disastrous pyrotechnics show, then. Ur focused on keeping his breath steady while he futzed with the buckles of his utility belt and hip holster. From there, he kicked open the spacer's chest at the foot of his bed and pulled out the all-temperature cloak inside, throwing it over his shoulders and fastening it to the hardpoints of his clothes.

The lid fell back down and Ur latched it tightly, then slipped his arms into the retractable straps on the outside and hefted the emergency footlocker onto his back. Was it uncomfortable? Yes. Were the supplies inside possibly the difference between surviving this and not? Also yes. No contest. The Kel Dor nearly forgot to grab his carbine before leaving the bedroom behind.

Running out to the front room, Ur's roommate was in the same hurry to leave. Fear and instinct were creeping into his bones, but he choked it down when he spoke, his voice further obfuscated by the filter of his antiox mask. "Hey Sao, don't suppose you know how to survive somewhere without power or plumbing, because me?" he laughed nervously, "I've never even been camping."

Outside, explosions blossomed as far as the eye could see, while Ur methodically armed and loaded his rifle to keep the chaos out of sight and out of mind. "So... So I'm thinking we make a break for the nearest hunk of durasteel with a hyperdrive welded to it, bombs or no bombs." The stock snapped open and Ur flipped the safety off, taking long and measured breaths, "Unless," he looked over at the Zabrak, knowing that his own face was likely too alien for the desperation on it to register, "you have a better idea?"

DoctorFaust
2014-12-17, 11:43 AM
At the noise of the first missile strikes, one of the many piles of cloth and fur along the Hajibar docks unfolds, revealing itself to be 7 foot tall Wookiee with a disgruntled expression on his face. He stands, patting his belt to make sure nothing of his was stolen during the night, and turns to look up at the sky. He stays like that for several minutes, ignoring the crowds of people running screaming for shelter, watching as the bombardment commences. Finally, he growls out,「Sithspit,」and begins to walk towards the spaceport.

Lentrax
2014-12-17, 03:24 PM
The bombardment begins, and the building Ashleigh is watching collapses.

Great. There goes my paycheck, and my ticket off this rock.

Ensuring her weapons are secured, the blonde figure drops down and starts heading for the spaceport. Explosions all around, cause her to start jogging faster.

Blackdrop
2014-12-18, 11:03 AM
"Until the bombardment stops, the only thing a ship is going to get us is a one way ticket back to the ground in a flaming wreck.", Sao says as he finishes strapping on his belt and hip holster. He flips his bandoleer and poncho over his head before continuing. "Besides, the commercial spaceports are probably going to be filled with a bunch of scared and desperate people with itchy trigger fingers and I'd really prefer not getting shot if at all possible." He picks up his rifle from the cot and double-checks to make sure it was still set to stun. Sao then heads to the front door with Ur and looks off into the distance just in time to see a building collapse "And the only people I'd like to kill today is whoever is bombarding civilians."

He pauses for a moment and thinks. If we're not going to be able to leave then has to be somewhere safe we'll be able to hunker down. He turns to his friend, "Is there any kind a of government or military building nearby? An armory, troop garrison, communications station, anything?"

Zalphon
2014-12-19, 11:32 AM
Erin Brynne

Her mood was soured as she walked through the exploding landscape, seemingly without a care in the world. She walked with a grim sense of determination as she trekked, seemingly unconcerned with the exploding bombs and the red glare of the rockets.

delta639
2014-12-19, 05:24 PM
Sinya clambers out of the mineshaft that serves as the centerpoint of Hajibar, toolkit rattling as she wipes grime off her face with a sleeve. She'd been hired to repair a broken-down drill and some of the other equipment, and was feeling thoroughly relieved to be finally done. A job was a job, but the last time she'd been down in the mine it had taken weeks before her lekku felt entirely soot-free, not to mention the case of rodian's lung that she'd developed. Goddess, what would I give to never set foot in there again...

Walking away from the mine, she becomes cognizant of the sirens and screaming from all around moments before a missle lands scarce yards behind her, the shockwave throwing her forward as the blast is followed up by the rumble of collapsing earth. Sinya pulls herself to her feet and looks back wide-eyed at the caved-in mine, wincing slightly at the sounds echoing up from below. ...All right, that wasn't quite what I was hoping for. she reflects, staring up at the sky and starting to run, though she's not entirely sure where to at first. Away from the missles would be a good start, except for the fact that they were landing everywhere. She orients herself towards the spaceport after a moment's frantic thought- certain government-owned or military buildings were more likely to provide actual safety, but trying to take refuge without authorization seemed likely to get her shot, under circumstances like these.

As the Twi'lek girl runs, she can't help wondering why anyone would attack Foerost of all places. The Mandalorian Wars were over and done with, simple raiders would never come in numbers like the fleet above...not to mention, she'd spent enough time on this world to know there's nothing anyone would want. But this attack can't possibly be happening for no reason. What's going on?

Lentrax
2014-12-19, 05:35 PM
Ashleigh is still jogging down a path, not sure of exactly destination she should head. Multiple scenarios raced through her mind, but each is rejected as futile. Maybe she shoul recalculate base on-

A sudden stop to her thoughts coincides with the sudden stop her body faces as it runs headlong into a young twi'lek girl covered in soot. She seems to be headin for... Well... Anywhere. But that's preferable to here. She reaches out a head, offering it to the girl to help her to her feet.

Steadying the girl fora moment, she then pushes lightly back to look at her face. The blonde humans face is odd, like it is scanning every detail to memory to access it perfectly later. That done, she heaves a sigh.

Well, right bit of trouble wee in for tonight eh? Don't recall rain in the forecasts, though..."

ZootSuit86
2014-12-21, 11:10 PM
"Your faith in me as a pilot really warms my heart, Sao." Ur snarks, "But you're right that spaceports are out of the question. I'd say we should 'appropriate' a ship, but... Well, I really can't think of anywhere that has anything worth stealing, except maybe from the estates on the other side of the city."

I have no problems shooting anyone in the way, though. Ur thought grimly, following Sao to the front of their dwelling. "Is there any kind a of government or military building nearby? An armory, troop garrison, communications station, anything?"

"Oh, sure." Ur answered, pointing at smoldering rubble in the distance. "One's over there." At another destroyed building. "And there." At a space in the skyline that was unnaturally empty. "And that one is probably our best bet, if it weren't for the fact that Mandalorians open an attack by taking out communications and crippling any hope of an armed response." Ur scanned the horizon, but paused at another distant structure, the Hajibar spaceport. "But apparently don't target civilian transport centers anymore?"

Ur paused for a long moment, and dropped the sarcasm. "Sao, give me a minute. I'm going to see if there might be any Jedi we served under in the city that we could join up with, or even just a team that might have been overseeing the reconstruction." He said, holstering his carbine and bowing his head in focus.

Full-Round Action to Sense Force, looking for other Force-Users out to a range of 100km (which is as far as a low orbit, I think). DC 15, and I know if I've met any given ping on the radar.
Taking 10, +11 modifier, total of 21.

Dienekes
2014-12-24, 02:47 AM
Ur and Sao
Sao remembers an older military supply building. Back when the military completely controlled the planet it was a mini-fortress right outside the docks, meant as an easy point to meet in an invasion, with the capabilities to defend the docks.

Kallaevge
All around you people are screaming. Missiles pound down from the skies, the ships in the port appear to be a focus of the attack, though that hasn't stopped people from trying to escape. You catch a glimpse of an enormous Hutt, too fat to move being loaded onto an expensive looking shuttle before the whole ship is engulfed in a blast. You feel the force of the explosion ripple through your fur and you have to brace yourself to not be knocked over. Ships that made it off the ground are blasted out of the sky, as shrapnel rains down upon the survivors still hoping that they are one of the lucky ones that may escape the chaos.

Ashleigh and Sinya
Before Sinya can respond to Ashleigh's comment a small cathar boy wanders past. His face has gone slack out of shock. He didn't seem to comprehend what was going on around him. He looked on the verge of tears as a few words finally broke free. "Mother? Mother, the building. Help. Please, help." Hhe started to heave, and he held out an object in his hands, a torn piece of cloth of green and silver. "Please." He seemed to ask everyone and no one.

A second later you see the child knocked aside. "Out of my way!" howled a lanky duro. He held a large chest that he was using to bat people in front of him to let him pass.

Behind the man is woman walking as though she didn't even notice the bombs dropping around her. It looked as though she didn't have a care in the world, as she marched forward in the crowded city street. [This is Erin, for future posts you and her will be put together]

Erin Brynne
Just ahead of you is a lanky duro. In his hands is large chest, which he was using to push people in front of him. "Out of my way!" he shouted at a blonde human and a small dirty Twi'lek girl. [This is Ashleigh and Sinya, for future posts you and her will be put together] A small cathar child was hit in the back by his chest and sprawled out onto the street.

Lying on the ground, you saw a man, a piece of metal sticking out of his chest. You looked at him and saw Fausta staring back at you, accusing you. You were useless on Balmorra, and now Foerost is aflame. The vision lasted for only a second, before you saw the body clearer. It wasn't him, different mouth, different nose, different face. But the same accusing eyes.

Zalphon
2014-12-24, 07:21 AM
Erin Brynne

She cringed and closed her eyes--trying to dispel the vision with all her might. Somewhat succeeding, she looked to the others. "Do we have a plan?"

Lentrax
2014-12-24, 10:01 AM
Ashleigh watched as the man shoved the small child out of his way.

Then she sees the woman walking as though the world were not exploding around all of them. Ashleigh turned to the child and helped the boy up to his feet.

Where is your mother? How can we help you?

DoctorFaust
2014-12-24, 10:22 AM
Kalla has been trained to ignore a lot of things, but the feeling of an unknown force user reaching out is not one of them. As he feels Ur's touch through the Force, his hackles raise and he turns back around, beginning to run in the direction of the slums.

delta639
2014-12-24, 08:41 PM
Gasping out as a figure slams into her from behind and knocks her to the ground again, Sinya lifts her head to glare at the culprit before blinking in surprise at the outstretched hand. She warily pulls herself to her feet, looking over the blonde human. "Thank you," she mutters with a slightly forced smile, tilting her head before the feline child spares her the need for a response.

She feels a flash of anger at the duro's casual shoving aside of the probably-orphaned boy. She stares after him for a few seconds before hissing in a breath and looking around as she feels someone reaching out with the Force, closing her eyes in a reflexive bid to conceal herself. Wha- Jedi? Here? As if this wasn't bad enough already. she thinks before trying to calm her nerves, taking stock again of the surroundings.

"We?..." she asks, looking between the two human women who seem unusually uninterested in the immediate danger. "Well, ah. If you know of a building around which would withstand missle fire, taking cover there would be a start. But I don't think we'll have much luck finding one, as the child could probably tell you." she tells Erin with a glance at the Cathar boy. "It's too bad about his mother, but do...we have the time to help? I can't be the only one who feels very exposed out here," she adds more quietly to Ashleigh.
Use the Force to Move Light Object: Take 10 = 19. She's intending to subtly move some small piece of debris in the chest-carrying duro's path just enough to trip him. Can treat that as an attack roll, I guess?

After that, check to hide her sensitivity from the ping: [roll0]

Blackdrop
2014-12-26, 07:38 PM
"It's not so much a lack of faith in our piloting skills", Sao pauses for a moment to watch a ship come crashing back to the ground, ", so much as it's the overabundance of evidence that whoever is shooting at us knows what they're doing."

He starts off down the street, not noticing that Ur isn't moving.

"Alright, so if most of the active government building are being targeted, maybe there are a few older buildings that are still standing. I think I remember seeing a supply depot or something when I got here, down by the docks. They may still be standing and they may have a way to access any Republic frequencies so we can call for help. What would the be- wait, where the hell did you-?"

Sao finally notices that he was jogging down the street by himself, just as he was about to turn the street corner. He turns back around to see Ur, standing with his head bowed in front of they're domicile.

"Oh, we do not have time for this. UR! COME ON WE GOTTA GET A MOVE ON! LET'S GO!"

Dienekes
2014-12-28, 11:52 AM
Ur and Sao
Ur's senses extend out miles as he searches for other users of the Force. At first he feels what is close beside him, several Force users are near the city, one at the docks, one closer to the center of the city, and one faint voice far out on the edge of the city. As your search for the Force reached out further, you felt a pull above you. It was only faint at first, until you focused upon it. Searching the lowest ships attacking Foerost, you feel a familiar pull. You felt one signal of a Force user, then another, moving about above you. Finally you felt a third, a soldier you barely remember. You think his name might have been Lann, you last felt his presence at the battle of Malachor V. Then you realized, it was them. This was the army of the Revanchist returned.

As Ur snaps out of his Force search and Sao is yelling at him, the building directly to your north is hit by a piece of falling debris. It crumbles to the ground, you can hear someone inside screaming in agony.

Kalla
You head toward the slums, you pass a building near the entrance of the docks. It would appear to be nearly tucked away if it were not for a swarm of people pounding at the gates. You did not realize why until you see a large piece of debris land atop of it and bounce harmlessly off the side. The structure was built to withstand a siege. You can hear someone out of sight yelling at the crowd. "Disperse, disperse! This building is for military personal only!"

Ashleigh, Sinya, and Erin
The child began to cry as Ashleigh helped him. "She's in there," he whimpered as he pointed to the burning ruin of a building nearby.

Meanwhile the duro's foot gets caught on a stone causing him to fall on his face. His large box smashes in front of him, credit chips and bags of powder.

ZootSuit86
2014-12-28, 04:21 PM
Ur dropped out of the extrasensory like one of the falling bombs, breath caught in his throat as he tried to hold back the overwhelming panic at the truth: Revan was bombing the planet. It didn't help that it was happening so literally close to home, or that Sao was yelling at him.

Wait what was he yelling about, anyway? Right, bombs. Building collapsing. Was he still yelling? No, that was someone new...

Survival of the luckiest. Ur thought grimly, and started running towards Sao without any consideration for whoever had been so damned as to be trapped in a collapsing building, but hadn't yet died. Reaching his friend, Ur made it clear by his movements and posture that he had no plans to play hero.

"Sao, you look like you had somewhere in mind. Come on, now, no dawdling, let's get to wherever you're taking us!" The Kel Dor worked hard to keep the apprehension from his voice: Sao knowing who exactly was attacking didn't strike him as having any immediate payoff, but letting him continue to think it was the Mandalorians he hated would hopefully keep the Zabrak motivated.

DoctorFaust
2014-12-30, 10:55 AM
Kalla halts in front of the mob surrounding the strange building, weighing his options for several long moments. Finally, he closes his eyes and steadies his breathing, reaching out for the Force to look for the source of the touch that brought him this way.

Full-round action to Sense Force, DC 15. Taking 10, +7 modifier, result of 17.

Lentrax
2014-12-30, 07:55 PM
The child points to a building that has been struck by the bombardment.

Great... But what are the odds that the building gets hit again?

I am going in. I will find your mother, and we will both be back.

Blackdrop
2015-01-01, 04:49 AM
Sao lifted himself from his crouching position. Dust and debris from the explosion was kicked up all around him, making it hard to see and breath, and his ears were still ringing from the blast. No sooner was Sao up and dusting himself, was Ur bounding up to him.

"Sao, you look like you had somewhere in mind. Come on, now, no dawdling, let's get to wherever you're taking us!"

Sao shook his head and rubbed his ears with his palms. He was just now starting to hear the cries coming within the collapsed buildings, but with no repulsorlifts or other tools and the only person capable of telekinetically moving rubble seeming oblivious to the their plight, Sao realized that those trapped would just have to rely on themselves for the time being.

"Um, right.", he started, moving to catch up with his rapidly advancing companion, "Like I was saying, they seem to be targeting active government buildings. So, any inactive building should logically be safe places to ride this out and I'm pretty sure I saw something that fit the bill down by the docks when I got planetside."

He walked in silence for some time, trying to remember the way to the docks. It was odd, Sao thought, how easily the Kel Dor, who days earlier opened his home and agreed to help the Zabrak himself, had dismissed the trapped civilians. I guess I don't know him as well as I thought. Maybe I just got in touch with him on a good day., Sao mused to himself. But then a darker, more sinister idea began to form. Or maybe.... He glanced over at his companion, regarding him suspiciously for a moment.

"So, Ur, you were doing that whole "communing with the Force" mumbo-jumbo or whatever, right? The Force show you anything interesting? Like, exact directions to the nearest comm relay or an equipment stash? Or maybe it was actually useful for and told you why the Mandalorians are attacking us or why we haven't seen any Basilisks if it is them?"

ZootSuit86
2015-01-01, 06:36 AM
"Yes, Sao, that's exactly what I was doing. Ancient technique, you see, first set forth by the great sage Mumbo, perfected eons later by the equally great Jumbo," he spat back, "Truly, your extensive knowledge of my people's history leaves me in awe." He rolled his eyes liberally behind the lenses, wishing that the other alien could see past his pazaak face for just a moment.

"Anyway, the results of the ability aren't quite so... physical. What it did tell me --the only thing we can make any use of, anyway-- was that there might be as many as three Jedi in the city limits, and one of them is pretty close to where you're talking about. As to the Mandalorians," Ur wound up, beginning to talk out of his ass, "who's to say they haven't been dropping them? As I understand it, they lost nearly all of them by the end of the war, so maybe the few they have are blending in with the missiles. Or maybe, just maybe, the biggest fleet in the whole damn Republic, currently in orbit above us, is doing. Its. JOB..." He growled at the soldier, the rest of that sentence creeping in the back of his mind: Fighting for Revan. But he instead finished the thought with a resigned "without us."

He stalked forward silently, focusing on the now more distant screams for help of the trapped people. 'A Kel Dor never turns away a stranger in need,' that's what Yor would say. His face darkened behind his mask, and a second voice, one from deep in his memories, crept in But what have they done to earn it?

At that moment, the reach of another Force user brushed his mind, but he didn't make any efforts to hide it. Instead, he focused on the one he had felt down at the docks, and tried to send a brief thought to the foreign mind: Coming, with the quiet panic he was feeling wrapping his word in a shell of powerful emotion, certainly nothing a Jedi would ever include.

First, the deception! I don't know what modifier, if any, you would consider appropriate for this Dienekes, but being in the dark about the results of this kind of check is pretty fun in itself. This being Ur's lie of omission to Sao, and the attempt he's making at directing him towards the conclusion that they're definitely being attacked by Mandalorians.

[roll0] +9, my Deception modifier, makes this a whopping 27! Now I can only wait.

Then the second one, using telepathy to contact the Force user I detected that was at the docks. I assume this is Kalla, but again, surprises!

[roll1] With my Exceptional Skill talent, this is treated as 8. Then +11, my Use the Force modifier, makes a final amount of 19. That's enough to make the Same Planet range DC of 15, and will hopefully knock through the Will Defense of whomever I'm contacting.

Dienekes
2015-01-02, 06:43 PM
Ashleigh
You burst into the burning building. It used to be of decent size but shabby, a complex that would have once fit multiple families of workers. You notice parts of the ceiling and roof have collapsed down upon you. But all around the smoke swirls around you clouding your vision and filling your lungs. Make a Perception check as well as an Acrobatics check if you wish to move anywhere.

Kalla
Though the sounds of the raging crowd and terror around you were distracting, you manage to search the Force around you. You sense three Force users in the city. One only a few miles from you, another near the center of the city, and one at the very edge. As your senses begin to expand further you sense a buzzing radiating from the skies. There is at least 1 Force user taking part of the bombardment of the city, maybe more.

As you are beginning to search further, you feel another presence attempting to contact you. [You and Ur Mal may communicate using simple thoughts (1 to 2 words) and emotions]

Ur and Sao
Sao has no reason to believe that Ur is lying to him about what Force users he is sensing, however, he does notice that Ur appears to be again distracted as they walk, and not moving at full speed.

Ur you can communicate with Kalla using simple thoughts (1 to 2 words) and emotions.

Dienekes
2015-01-03, 12:11 PM
Ashleigh
The smoke fills up your vision, and the rubble and flames block your path, yet you manage to maneuver through the building searching for survivors. As you make your into the building, you think you hear a thumping noise coming from upstairs. However, as you make your way to the stairs a loud crack signals the ceiling is collapsing around you, a chunk lands on the stairwell, breaking parts of it. To cross would require an Athletics check to jump.

Lentrax
2015-01-03, 01:39 PM
Coughing as the smoke fills her lungs and vision, Ashleigh starts looking for any survivors, looking for the boy's mother. Hearing noises upstairs, Ashleigh braces herself for the jump.

[roll0]

DoctorFaust
2015-01-03, 01:46 PM
Kalla stiffens when his senses tell him that there are another three force users in the city that he hadn't noticed before, but he recovers quickly, and his face breaks into a grin when one of the three sends a clear message through the force. Coming, it says. The wookiee pushes back, sending a sense of confusion, and the word Jedi?

ZootSuit86
2015-01-03, 02:04 PM
Ur continues at his less-than-optimal pace, starting to lag behind Sao, feeling the response to his message from the other sapient. Jedi? No. You? His sense of worry was rising, but a drop of hope accompanied the telepathic response.

In the back of his mind, abandoning the person in the building still niggled at him.

DoctorFaust
2015-01-04, 10:16 PM
No. You? Kalla's grin spreads wider when he receives the message, and he begins tapping the shaft of his lightsaber in though. No, he sends back. Sith?

Dienekes
2015-01-05, 03:15 PM
Ashleigh
With a running leap, Ashleigh hurls herself onto the other side of the stairwell. The force of her impact causes some of the remaining metal to fall down. As you steady yourself, you hear the calls coming from another room. Heading that way, you see a Cathar woman, pinned under a piece of rubble. Her arm looks crushed, and she is on the verge of slipping into unconsciousness.

ZootSuit86
2015-01-07, 02:53 AM
Ha! Ur transmits the syllable with a wave of amusement and condescension. He finally picks his pace back up after that, not interested in any further dialogue until he could see the other non-Jedi with his own eyes.

Sorry for holding up the show.

Dienekes
2015-01-07, 10:40 AM
Ashleigh
With a great heave, you are able to lift the rubble off of the poor woman, you manage to get her to her feet though her senses are obviously dulled from breathing in the smoke, and her arm hangs limp and useless at her side.

Dienekes
2015-01-09, 05:36 PM
Ur, Sao, and Kalla
There conversation don, Ur and Mal both rush forward toward the location at the docks. You see off to the east a fire was lit either by the bombardment or in the general panic of the population. Whatever caused the flames, the fire has spread fast and large, engulfing everything in it's path. Still the bombardment continues, you feel that it will not let up until the entire planet is reduced to rubble.

as you turn a corner you see the building. It was small and squarish, it would have been utterly unnoticeable, if ti wasn't for a large crowd gathered around it, pounding on the doors to try and get in. The gate was crashed and the outer comm was trampled, but you can still hear a voice shouting "Disperse, this building is for military personnel only!"

Ur and Sao, you notice a large wookiee standing just outside the mob. Kalla you see two men rushing toward you, one a Zabrak, the other a Kel Dor.

Lentrax
2015-01-09, 07:14 PM
Putting the woman's good arm around her shoulder, Ashleigh lifted her up and started making her way for her exit. Then she remembered the stairs collapsed on her way up.

She looked around, searching for another way out.

[roll0] And my eyes are full of smoke.

DoctorFaust
2015-01-11, 12:11 PM
Kalla raises a furry paw, waving to try to flag down the Zabrak and Kel Dor. Briefly, he reconnects with the Force to ask, That you?

ZootSuit86
2015-01-11, 01:04 PM
"Yeah, I'm me." Ur answers aloud, matching the mental voice to the gesturing wookiee. "Even better, I can understand that big cuddly growling of yours, so less time spent with our heads in the clouds, the better." He turns to Sao, off-handedly adding "By the way, I made telepathic friends with a wookiee on the way over, hope you don't mind. I... might have skipped asking for his name, though." Looking back to Kalla, he half-seriously asked "I don't suppose it's Fuzzy? It'd be really easy if we could call you Fuzzy. After all, what military stronghold would have the heart to turn away Fuzzy the Wookiee?"

Joke aside, Ur turned his attention to the besieged bunker, still tamping down the lump in his throat. "Other than that one." He pulled the datapad off of his belt, and hoped against hope that his military IDs would still be good.

Would a Knowledge (Bureaucracy) check help Ur puzzle out if he and Sao between them have good enough credentials to convince the bunker personnel to let them in? I'm gonna roll one, just in case.

[roll0]

DoctorFaust
2015-01-11, 01:19 PM
"[Shyriiwook]My good luck then," Kalla replies. "Trying to communicate with a voxbox has become very old, very quick."

He walks over besides Ur and Sao, tapping on the shaft of his lightsaber in thought. "And while my name is not Fuzzy, but Kallaevge, you can call me that if I can call you Masky and your friend over there Horny. Your plan was to get inside the base."

ZootSuit86
2015-01-11, 01:55 PM
Not like Sao will know what the wookiee calls him, anyway. Ur shrugged, although his eyes drifted to the lightsaber. The implication, given their earlier communication, hit him like a brick, but better to keep the Sith on their side lest they end up having to fight it. "Fantastic! Sao, this is Fuzzy the Jedi. Fuzzy, this is Sao, and I am Ur Mal. 'Plan' might be a strong word for getting into the base. 'Best hope for survival,' now there's a proper phrasing!"