PDA

View Full Version : Help me capture an super-enemy! Pathfinder

metabolicjosh
2014-12-17, 01:22 AM
Our Foe
Elf
Really high HD
Has the ability to teleport, using some kind of a portal that I may have followed through in the last game.
Has spells, but isn't really high in the dps department.
Has access to regeneration, either through himself or connections.
Has a good anti grapple roll.

Our Party
Dwarf Barbarian 6
Elf Ninja 6
Human Investigator 6
Human Paladin 6
Human Sorcerer 6
Elf Monk 6
Human Artificer/Wizard 5/1
Advanced, Clockwork Construct, Animated Object (Bones) HD3

The party has spent it's wealth on standard equipment, with the exception of me. My character has put all his feats into crafting cost and time reduction.
I have a total pool of 50,000gp worth of assets. About half is used in the creation of my construct buddy. I am able to liquidate my used assets, and use them in the construction of new magic items, construct, ect...

Im thinking about creating a magical item of forbiddance to stop his annoying telportation habit. http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/forbiddance.html

Rules wise, the magic item guidelines are used as rules. We sometimes use the rule of cool, such as the fact that my construct is able to use the abilities of a bodythief. (Took a lot of gold and research.)

Psyren
2014-12-17, 11:43 AM
Forbiddance, Dimensional Lock and Dimensional Anchor will all stop him from teleporting. You can also use an AMF or even Silence if he is doing so with a verbal spell.

If your DM doesn't want him to be captured though, pretty much nothing you do will work as there are ways around all of these.

StoneCipher
2014-12-17, 12:10 PM
If you want to get really creative you could maybe hire a Githyanki to kill him have an unfortunate accident when he teleports. Then just force him to teleport as much as possible. With you bouncing him back and forth between the astral plane and material plane, someone's bound to get him.