PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Dwarf and exotic armors

Drimoran
2014-12-17, 06:56 AM
Hello guys!. So I have recently read that there are exotic armors, such as Dwarven plate [Hammer and Helm pg 82]. I also understand that any exotic weapon wich wears the name of "Dwarven" may be consider as a Martial weapon in any Dwarfs hand. Will be reasonable, RAI or even RAW to assume that this rule may apply also to Exotic armors? Could a Dwarf use Dwarven plate without expending the corresponding feat?. Thanks in advance

Khedrac
2014-12-17, 07:30 AM
I think that that one is a fairly clear RAI "no" - especially as the dwarven armors are detailed in Races of Stone and it makes exactly no mention of such a concept.

Nightraiderx
2014-12-17, 07:50 AM
I think there is a mechanic in Complete Warrior that allows you to switch one racial exotic proficiency for another, because technically you are only proficient with
the exotic weapons in the race section, you could probably ask your dm if you can trade in a drwarven weapon one for an exotic dwarven armor.

Drimoran
2014-12-17, 09:29 AM
I think there is a mechanic in Complete Warrior that allows you to switch one racial exotic proficiency for another, because technically you are only proficient with
the exotic weapons in the race section, you could probably ask your dm if you can trade in a drwarven weapon one for an exotic dwarven armor.

DM said yes! :smallbiggrin: Thank you both!

PS: I am trading Dwarven Urgrosh