PDA

View Full Version : Lair of the Shadow Queen - SotVD

banthesun
2014-12-17, 07:57 AM
"Recently, we've detected greater masses of roaming shadows in the Velvet World, north of the door. We've been keeping an eye on them, and now we've managed to track down where they're coming from. There's a cave we've found, about twenty minutes to the nor-nor-east, that's pinging with masses of shadows. We believe this is their nest."

"We've decided it needs to be destroyed, or else the shadows are just going to keep spreading. That's what we're up to today. We need a group to move in and scout the caves, see what they can find. Ideally, we'll find some kind of structural weakness, and then we can bring the whole place down with dynamite. Worst case, we have to clear it out by ourselves. Since we're going up against more shadows than usual, you're going to be working in a larger team. I'm taking a second team to secure the entrance, and provide evac if you end up needing it."

"And I'll be staying in contact from the control room. I'll keep you updated on the situation, so you don't have to worry about being blindsided by anything when you're in there."

"Alright then, teams, we're moving out!"

-----

Today, the velvet world has a strange humidity to it, and the noises in the distance seem particularly excited. Despite this, no shadows appear to block the group's progress on their way to the cave. Perhaps they know better than to engage a group of its size. The cave itself appears from the outside as little more than a gap in a rocky rise, the kind of thing that'd only go back a few meters, but a look inside shows it curves away digging deeper into the rock, dissapearing into the darkness of the velvet world.

"Benjamin, we're at the site. We're beginning the operation."

"Copy, all instruments are green, proceed at will." Benjamin's voice comes through your headsets as he responds to Alexandra.

And with that your team enters the cave.

-----

Inside, strangely, the light from your velvet cards seems to reach further, clearly lighting up the walls of the cave. Perhaps it's just an effect of the light reflecting off the walls, or perhaps the darkness of the velvet world is actually less inside here, but whatever it is, it's a relief to be able to see so clearly, at least for avoiding the stones that litter the ground. Before long, the group comes across a split in the cave passage. Benjamin's voice crackles over your communicators.

"I'm detecting that both paths continue for a while, possibly even meeting up later. Looks like there's shadows on both paths too..."

"Alright, you heard him!" Alexander speaks over your communicators too, giving instructions, "We can't risk shadows wrapping around and cutting off your escape, so you're going to need to split up. If one team gets overwhelmed, we'll give the order for both teams to retreat. Benjamin, any info that might help organise their teams?"

"Negative, the readings are pretty similar from both passages. I'd recomend a 50/50 split."

Merilan
2014-12-17, 04:28 PM
It's always awkward to strike out with a new team. Ask any military, any deployment. It's strange to be the boot, amidst what Myung-hon assumes has got to be veterans by this point, even if they're not much older than her, if at all.

She shakes it off quickly, though. Preconceptions are useless. This is a different battlefield, with different allies, and different enemies; different values, different objectives. This is no longer about cutting wires and trawling through the mud, about rolling IDs through the first open window you see. It's no longer just you and the AKM iron sights and the schmuck who wrongly thought that being a military officer would make the difference between food being sent home to a laundry list of names no one cared about and getting gooshed into the ground.

It's a fresh start.

"Lyeo Myung-hon,
Strategic objectives confirmed.
Moving to Tactical Level 1.
Starting the Mission."

The perplexing white-haired girl with the shrine maiden outfit presses onward, low to the ground, darting between crags and crevices, cradling her... shrinely gohei - her purification rod - as if it were an AK, pure-white streamers flowing to either side of her.

She heads Left.

Xhosant
2014-12-17, 08:26 PM
Soga is thoroughly surprised by the reaction. He was curious about his new ally for the whole trip, but now, hearing this, his curiosity gets the bets of him.

He begins turning to the left as well, although absentmindedly; anyone who thought it better he'd head right, would get a chance to say so.

Ionbound
2014-12-17, 10:19 PM
Yumiko briefly considers how someone talked her into going along with this plan as she turns and walks down the right hallway, hands raised defensively as she looks cautiously around the corridor.

Kioku
2014-12-22, 03:19 AM
Asami closes her eyes and sighs. She was hoping that the newer people would go together, so that neither would have to see her do... this. Inwardly, she's irritated by the lack of communication here, or discussion of tactics and who would work best with who else, but outwardly she tries to put on an air of not really caring where she goes. At least we can support either group about equally well right now.
Will edit post if actually end up paired with one of said newer people during story thread, which I'm assuming this takes place after.

banthesun
2014-12-23, 08:07 AM
--- Soga --- Myung-hon --- Levi ---

Following the left path, the passage soon widens into a larger chamber, curving slightly to the right. As you enter, a harsh screech greets your ears as a bird like shadow calls out from near the far wall. Shuffling out from the darkness come two more shadows, drawn by the bird's call. The first appears like a figure wrapped tightly in bandages with spines prodruding through the gaps. It's spines move in a disconcerting manner, as if they're seeking out movement in the room. The other shadow is a spindly figure, scuttling around like a crab. It carries some kind of megaphone in it's left hand, through which it occasionally pauses to bellow through at the other shadows. As you prepare for battle, Benjamin's voice crackles over your coms.

"Be careful of that hermit, the one with the spines! I'm detecting strange energy patterns around it!"

http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv245/banthesun/Shadows1_zpsc08f8764.png
Preliminary Scans:

Spiny Watcher - Hermit
Str: 3
Agi: 2
Initiative: 17

Tantruming Instructor - Fortune
Str: 4
Int: 1
Wil: 3
Initiative: 13

Watchful Hawk - Justice
Str: 6
Int: 4
Initiative: 16

--- Tsubaki --- Yumiko --- Asami ---

The right path continues to twist and turn as it leads deeper into the hillside, before opening out into a wider chamber. Three shadows seem to be sitting in wait in the center of the chamber, and their heads spin to face you as your group enters the room. The largest of the shadows is an armoured figured with a large black tower shield. It moves in short motions, shifting the shield forward small increments with each step. Behind it, a much swifter shadow moves, darting back and forth, it's cloak hiding much of its form as it moves. From it's wrist a strange fleshy cord grows, connected to the neck of the third shadow. This small quadruped seems much more intersted in your group, sniffing with it's trunk as it pulls against the leash connecting it to the other shadow. As you prepare for battle, Benjamin's voice crackles over your coms.

"Uh, I'm having trouble getting readings on the one with the shield, but if this is right, nothing you have could even affect it! Look out!"

http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv245/banthesun/Shadows2_zps6241003f.png
Preliminary Scans:

Towering Protector - Chariot
Agi: 2
Int: 1
Wil: 2
Initiative: 8

Sneaky Shifter - Hierophant
Str: 4
Int: 3
Wis: 2
Initiative: 16

Greedy Sniffer - Lover
Str: 3
Wil: 2
Initiative: 19

Mokou-tan
2014-12-23, 08:40 AM
Here again, once more. Will you lend me your aid this time as well, Cu Chulainn? My Gae Bolg is yours to use, show them what you're made of, Tsubaki. Tsubaki lets out a soft sigh as her spirit weapon forms. The blood-red naginata's golden tiger decorations flash across it as it finishes forming in her hand. From just below the blade, a small fox charm hangs, looking as though it was carefully attached.

"If I can't hurt it, I'll go around it. If it gets in my way, I'll deal with it." Tsubaki gives a confident smile as Cu Chulainn's figure silhouettes her own, though he towers over her.

Starting with Musashibou Benkei active. Even death shall not bring her to her knees, now.
Initiative: [roll0]

Kioku
2014-12-23, 09:53 AM
Asami sighs as she sees the Shadows. Once again. She pulls her hair back into a pony tail and ties it there with a bit of string, before putting on a feral grin and flicking her hand downward. Three small blades appear there with a flash. "Nothing we have, you say? Let's test that." She brings her left hand to her upper lip to partly hide her expression - it doesn't do a very good job. Meanwhile, a ghostly aura starts to fade into view around her, through which can be seen the faint form of Tamamo-no-Mae overlapping with Asami's features.

Opening with Queen Mab, Initiative [roll0]

Merilan
2014-12-23, 01:06 PM
Mission control has detected the shadows, and has analysed them; no need to report. Myung flips her head and looks towards both Soga and Levi, giving them a nod. She isn't sure who among them is more experienced with the Shadows, nor whether they have something specific in mind. However, now is not the time for extended thought -- they need action.

She puts a finger to her headset and announces:

"Hostile targets confirmed, moving to intercept. Conducting ritual."

The miko's foot sweeps across the dusty cavern floor, and her gohei is held horizontal as the shide begin to whirl in a spiral around her. She shuts her eyes, and starts to chant softly, in Hangul: <Revered Holy Mother, I humbly request your ordained presence once more... clad yourself upon this earthly body. This unworthy vessel shall become your material arm. May we march strong in the presence of adversity, amidst nature and weather and hardship all. Arise... Pari Kongju!> The shimmering blue mandala rings about her feet twice, engraved in the philosophies of taijitu, and thin columns of light begin to rise.

From within the girl's body, a figure rises.

She is tall, and striking, cutting the figure and presence of a goddess like many other personae; her hanbok, decorated in unknowable silks, flows about her form freely as a celestial's would, and the hagoromo that drapes around her shoulders flutters gently in a figure-eight about her form. Her hair is similarly white, but verdant and healthy, tied into a royal set of loops, and her eyes are red and menacing, as is her... condescending, amused smirk. She takes one gander at the shadows. She also appears to be flipping through the latest issue of a manhwa.

"I am thou, and thou art I.
I cometh from the darkest and most twisted insecurities of thy soul.
The ravenous doubt that makes thee question thy worthiness at the modern sport of lacrosse.
The ignorant innocence that makes thy head tilt when thou seest Twitter be employed.
Amuse me with thy suffering, mortal, for I am the Holy Mother Sungmo -- Pari Kongju!"

Pari Kongju lets out a grating ojou laugh and chucks the spiritual manga aside. Judging by the way Myung does not respond to her, it would seem this isn't the first time this exchange has happened. Instead, she turns towards the shadow.

"Myung-hon, Pari Kongju -- channeling ritual complete. Beginning the extermination."

Myung-hon's initiative: ((3d6+5)[18])
Starting with Eligor.

Ionbound
2014-12-23, 03:23 PM
Yumiko swallows, her eyes wide as she sees the shadows. She clenches her fist as fear roils through her, and her fists take on a slight silvery sheen, her Velvet Card glowing as her spiritual weapons form.

She nods, swallows again, and says, "Alright...I'll do what I can," as she drops into a fighting stance, unsure of herself and what she can do against these creatures, but determined.

Xhosant
2014-12-23, 08:01 PM
Seeing the ritual be cast, Soga wastes not a second. With a brandish of the card, his folded-velvet blade forms, and ribbons of shadow form from the velvet depths around them and weave together the empty cloak that is Celaverimus.

A feeling of impending victory washed over Soga from Cel, even if the fight had just begun.

Nike activate!

[roll0]+ something. My Agi is 3, not sure on what else gets added.

banthesun
2014-12-24, 12:45 AM

Initiative:
Myung-hon Lyeo - 18
Spiney Watcher - 17
Watchful Hawk - 16
Tantruming Instructor - 13
Soga Tareso - 8

Levi Averin - ?

Feel free to start you actions!

The lovers shadow was faster than any of the investigation team, and opened with a spell. Striking it's trunk at the ground, rocks burst forth and flew towards Yumiko.

Greedy Sniffer - Tera
Accuracy: 22
Damage: 13

Initiative:
Greedy Sniffer - 19
Asami Kimura - 17
Sneaky Shifter - 16
Yumiko Yamada - 12
Tsubaki Kuroki - 8
Towering Protector - 8

Merilan
2014-12-24, 01:09 AM
"How many years has it been? Will you grovel, on your feet, as you did before?"

Myung-hon's response is square in the face of the taunt; taking the initiative, the shrine maiden's sleeves whirl in a quick burst, and several strips of blessed ofuda have shot out towards each of the shadows. They are engraved with the ink of the Higashikata Shrine, and reads: 悪霊退散 (Evil Spirit, Disperse).

Should they land upon the shadows, they shimmer briefly, and detonate in a physical burst of streaming lotus in a flourescent spiral. She instead looks to her companions and suggests: "Let us find the most vulnerable one of them, and focus our efforts down upon them."

Swift Strike vs. Spiney Watcher (PA +1 vs. PE) (3d6+12)[25], Strike-elemental damage (if hit): (1d4+14)[17]
Swift Strike vs. Watchful Hawk (PA +1 vs. PE) (3d6+12)[24], Strike-elemental damage (if hit): (1d4+14)[17]
Swift Strike vs. Tantruming Instructor (PA +1 vs. PE) (3d6+12)[16], Strike-elemental damage (if hit): (1d4+14)[16]

HP: 39 / 39 SP: 14 / 16 SP Regen: 2
Current Persona: Eligor

Mokou-tan
2014-12-24, 01:16 AM
INTERCEPTION!

Tsubaki grins as she sees the rocks fly towards Yumiko. With a wild cry, she dashes in front of the assault and tosses her naginata into the air before smashing the rocks as they come with many strikes from her fists with Cu Chulainn mimicking her every action. Once the onslaught of stone finishes, Tsubaki shakes out her hands as the knuckles bleed. "Not bad at all, but show me what you can really do next time. Otherwise, I might tear you apart by accident." With a giggle she catches her naginata and smiles to Yumiko. "Don't worry about me, this body of mine is incredibly sturdy."

banthesun
2014-12-24, 01:57 AM

Myung-hon's attacks sweep across the shadows, striking each of them. But as the attack bursts off the hermit it sways, and all it's spines snap to point in the group's direction.

"There! I think it just deployed some type of field over them! It looks like it's ready to reflect attacks now!"

The shadows are already moving to counter attack. The hermit lowers it's head and it's wounds start healing, while the hawk swoops down towards Levi. The fortune shadow then turns to the group, and starts bellowing strange commands, seeming to direct the others and inspire them to greater heights.

Myung-hon - Swift Strike
Spiney Watcher takes 16 damage
Tantruming Instructor takes 13 damage
Watchful Hawk takes 15 damage

Spiney Watcher - MEASURED RESPONSE - Spectral Spines (Strike)
Repels one Strike attack, Multi

Spiney Watcher - Diarama
Restores 15 points of HP

Watchful Hawk - Straight Slash
Accuracy: 15
Damage: 12

Tantruming Instructor - Mamakakaja
ME raised by 4, Multi

Initiative:
Myung-hon Lyeo - 18
Spiney Watcher - 17
Watchful Hawk - 16
Tantruming Instructor - 13
Soga Tareso - 8

Levi Averin - ?

Spiney Watcher
Damage: 1
Repel Strike (1)
Makakaja (4)

Watchful Hawk
Damage: 17
Repel Strike (1)
Makakaja (4)

Tantruming Instructor
Damage: 13
Repel Strike (1)
Makakaja (4)

Intercept!
Tsubaki takes 5 points of damage.

Kioku
2014-12-24, 04:26 AM
They'll probably just cure it. Oh, I know. Let's make this more interesting, shall we? Intercept this... Asami's smile becomes far more relaxed, serene almost though with a small hint of something dark beneath the surface. Tamamo fully forms for a moment, shrouding her, and a faint pink mist emanates from her, around Asami's face. The pair blow a kiss toward the Heirophant shadow, and small streamers of the mist follow along its path for the first couple meters. Strangely to anyone who has seen her in battle before, this skill doesn't seem to strain Asami at all...

Marin Karin vs Heirophant, [roll0] to hit vs SE, [roll1]+1/5 of previous roll damage vs SD. Charm, 3 turns on hit. Costs 7 SP, and my base regen is 5 - I'll use minor action to intercept if an enemy uses a status attack that would miss my SE of 24 or would be basically useless against me (targets a skill set I don't use). Otherwise, minor action to regenerate I suppose.

banthesun
2014-12-24, 06:20 AM

Moving faster than it has so far this battle, the chariot swings it's shield into the path of Asami's attack. From behind it, the hierophant darts out with it's right hand raised, poised to strike at Asami.

Towering Protector - Intercept (Well, you asked for it...)
NULL

Sneaky Shifter - Double Fangs
Accuracy: 17
Damage: 11
Accuracy: 18
Damage: 12

Initiative:
Greedy Sniffer - 19
Asami Kimura - 17
Sneaky Shifter - 16
Yumiko Yamada - 12
Tsubaki Kuroki - 8
Towering Protector - 8

Sneaky Shifter
Damage: 2

Mokou-tan
2014-12-24, 06:36 AM
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140217023920/aceattorney/images/0/02/AA5_Holdit.png

Like a blur, Tsubaki dashes between the shifter and Asami. "I don't remember giving you permission to touch her." With a dangerous look in her eyes, the little hero smacks away both attacks as though they were nothing. "For thinking you could get away with damaging her, I'm going to take pleasure dismantling you entirely."

Neither attack even beats her PE, and if they did, with Bishamonten and intercepting, she would negate a whopping 18 physical damage. Also, like multi-targets, double-attacks use the same attack roll for both attacks, and get defenses applied to each hit. Disregard that, must have been a very old ruling I was remembering.

Ionbound
2014-12-24, 12:02 PM
Yumiko's eyes widen as she watches the battle, arms raised defensively as the rocks fly at her, braced for impact...Only for Tsubaki to take the hit for her. She nods to the other girl and mutters, "Thanks..." even as she leaps in front of another attack, then, galvanized to action, moves forwards to deliver a quick series of karate strikes to the dog-like Shadow. To those with the ability to see Personae, at the moment her punch contacts the shadow, a man in Classical-Era greek armor, wielding a spear, appears, overlaid with Yumiko, and delivers a blow in time with her punch.

Twin Shot at Sneaky Sniffer, [roll0]
[roll1]

Xhosant
2014-12-24, 05:58 PM
Soga saw no reason to hold back. With a commanding motion of his blade, Celaverimus' ribbons grew bright with light, a light they focused in an orb overhead. Not a single moment later, it exploded in a searing brilliance.

[roll0] to-hit with Mahamaon, for [roll1]+MA/5 damage!

minor to regen.

banthesun
2014-12-25, 02:58 AM

Soga - Mahamon
Deals 23 damage to Spiney Watcher
Deals 24 damage to Tantruming Instructor
Tantruming Instructor is Destroyed!
Deals 26 damage to Watchful Hawk
Watchful Hawk is Destroyed!

Spiney Watcher - MEASURED RESPONSE - Spectral Spines (Light)
Repels one Light attack, Multi

Initiative:
Myung-hon Lyeo - 18
Spiney Watcher - 17
Soga Tareso - 8

Levi Averin - ?

Spiney Watcher
Damage: 24
Repel Strike (1)
Repel Light (1)
Makakaja (4)

Watchful Hawk
Destroyed

Tantruming Instructor
Destroyed

As Yumiko strikes the Hierophant it lets out a piercing shriek. In response, the towering shadow glances round, and though it's mask display's no emotion, you get the feeling that it's panicking.

"There! That's it! I'm getting readings from the chariot; it looks like it's weakening!"

Intercept!
Both attacks miss Tsubaki

Yumiko - Twin Shot
RESISTED!
Deals 2 damage
(Twin shot rolls twice. I know that's confusing, but that's the way it is. I rolled you a 17 for the second attack, which misses)

Towering Protector - IMMEDIATE PENANCE - Failing Defenses (Strike)
Break Strike, Self

Merilan
2014-12-25, 03:22 AM
"Now that," Pari Kongju internally comments, "was an attack. No shallow ritual obeisance, no narrations of grandeur, just the attacker, the attack, and the attackee."

Myung-hon pointedly stares to her Other Self for a moment, before turning to Soga and Levi. "Good work. I think it is reacting to the attack again; Levi, do you have a different kind of attack you can use to finish it off?"

Ionbound
2014-12-25, 12:07 PM
Yumiko frowns at the seemingly little effect her punch had, but then thoughtfully says as she drops back into a defensive stance, "Maybe...Maybe it doesn't like it when we hurt it's allies?"

Mokou-tan
2014-12-25, 02:31 PM
Tsubaki lets out a slightly unhinged laugh as she cracks her knuckles. "I'm going to tear a hole through one of them. I wonder how it'll feel after that." The air around her hangs thick with her bloodlust, her eyes focused on the shifter.

Power Charge, Minor action on Intercept.

banthesun
2014-12-26, 12:43 AM

As Tsubaki prepares for her own attack, the chariot shadow sets its shield lower, as if preparing do defend. The four legged shadow moves to attack again, this time striking out with a wide spin, throwing shards of rock across the group.

Towering Protector - Rakukaja
Towering Protector's PD increases by 4

Greedy Sniffer - Matera
Accuracy: 21
Tsubaki takes 7 damage
Asami takes 2 damage
Yumiko takes 6 damage

Initiative:
Greedy Sniffer - 19
Asami Kimura - 17
Sneaky Shifter - 16
Yumiko Yamada - 12
Tsubaki Kuroki - 8
Towering Protector - 8

Sneaky Shifter

Towering Protector
Rakukaja (4)
Break Strike (1)

Tsubaki
HP: 25/36
SP: 13/17
Power Charge (1)

Asami
HP: 23/25
SP: 21/21

Yumiko
HP: 32/38

Mokou-tan
2014-12-26, 01:32 AM
Time almost freezes for Tsubaki. Once again, an attack was headed towards Asami. It's too much to intercept all of it... How do I... The 'magically' inept hero's eyes become like a beast's as her instincts take over. She slams her naginata into the ground, creating a strange aura that draws all the rocks towards her. She flinches as each rock slams into her instead of their intended targets.

Area Intercept! If she takes everyone's damage for it, she'll double defense as well.

Kioku
2014-12-26, 06:36 AM
Asami's eyes widen at Tsubaki's display. What... how... "Amazing..." Her head snaps toward Yumiko and tilts in consideration of what just happened. "Interesting... it doesn't like it indeed, but... did you feel like it made an impact at all? It looked like the Chariot was hurt by that, but I didn't see it react the same way a Shadow would to actual disruption." If it's taking a more defensive stance now, not just preparing to block for the others like before, maybe it fears actually being hurt... is that what Benjamin meant? Couldn't hurt to find out. "Yumiko, Tsubaki is charged up and we don't know if the Shadow's status will revert after being attacked. Could you hold off for a moment, or..." Meanwhile, if it wants to boost defense, I'll... "Of course. Do you know a skill to lower their defense?" She gestures to the Chariot Shadow, intent to follow up clear from the shimmering gold in Tamamo's eyes, waiting to be unleashed.

If Yumiko accepts, fused Marakunda, -7 PD for all enemies. If she doesn't, Asami will still turn and Rakunda the Chariot - again for -7 PD. I *think* it stacks with the Kaja, not counters it, for and end result of -3. If I'm wrong, she'll instead ask Yumiko to Rakunda the Chariot to counter its Rakukaja, and then she'll Rakunda it herself, for an end result of -7. And since Rakunda costs 0 SP due to SL bonuses, the "intercept status" minor is pretty clear. If Yumiko doesn't Rakunda the Chariot, switch to Yomotsu-Shikome and Makanda the Lovers for -7 MA.

Ionbound
2014-12-26, 02:39 PM
Yumiko nods and says, "Yeah, I do...Um...I think so anyways..." She lowers her body, preparing to deal another punch to one of the shadows, and again, the greek man appears, swinging his spear and sends a wave of weakening energy at the shielded Shadow.

Rakuna on the Towering Protector.

banthesun
2014-12-26, 11:53 PM

Tsubaki's impressive display blocks all the particles, but the Hierophant steps up to strike at her again. This time, its hand drips with some foul liquid...

Tsubaki - Area Intercept
Tsubaki takes 2 damage
Tsubaki takes 0 damage
Tsubaki takes 1 damage

Sneaky Shifter - Foul Breath
Asami - Intercept
Accuracy - 13
Miss

Yumiko - Rakunda
Towering Protector's Rakukaja is dispelled

Asami - Rakunda
Towering Protector's PD is reduced by 7

Initiative:
Greedy Sniffer - 19
Asami Kimura - 17
Sneaky Shifter - 16
Yumiko Yamada - 12
Tsubaki Kuroki - 8
Towering Protector - 8

Sneaky Shifter

Towering Protector
Rakunda (7)
Break Strike (1)

Mokou-tan
2014-12-27, 12:26 AM
Tsubaki leaves her naginata in the ground, smelling her opponent's weakness. In her current state, her ire towards Heirophant all but vanishes. She takes a reckless, low to the ground, charge towards the defensive Shadow. At the end of her dash, she leaps through the air and takes a raking strike at it.

GIGANTIC FIST[roll0]
Damage [roll1]+PA/5x2

Intercepts at the ready.

banthesun
2014-12-27, 12:59 AM

As Tsubaki leaps towards the shadow, it attempts to dodge out of the way, but it just too slow. The heavy shield crumples before the attack, weakened as it was by the team's previous efforts, and the shadow is swept away. Behind, the other two shadows seem to move as if fearful, the smaller shadow waving it's trunk as if to keep the team away.

Tsubaki - Gigantic Fist
(I had some confusion about this one. In the system thread, it's listed as 3d8+9+PA/5+level/2 Strike Damage, so I rolled another dice (4). Power Charge says x2.5 damage too, but that seems a little excessive.)
Towering Protector takes 52 damage
Towering Protector is destroyed!

Greedy Sniffer - Masukunda
Everyone's evasion is reduced by 2

Initiative:
Greedy Sniffer - 19
Asami Kimura - 17
Sneaky Shifter - 16
Yumiko Yamada - 12
Tsubaki Kuroki - 8

Sneaky Shifter

Towering Protector
Destroyed

Tsubaki
HP: 17/36
SP: 12/17
Sukunda (2)

Asami
HP: 24/25
Sukunda (2)

Yumiko
HP: 33/38
Sukunda (2)

Kioku
2014-12-29, 12:08 PM
Asami slumps slightly, looking a bit winded from the invocation, but perks right back up when the Shadow falls. She hops in place a couple times and smiles winningly - or is it slyly? - at the Lovers Shadow. With a wink and a blown kiss again, the faint pink mist swirls about her face momentarily. Once again, she doesn't seem drained at all.

Minor; switch to Queen Mab again. Standard, Marin Karin vs Lovers Shadow. [roll0] and [roll1]+1/5 SA. And Charm, 3 turns, of course. Have Ailment Accuracy 50% with Charm, so if it has Ailment Evasion against it, that'll mitigate or negate. In the case of a high roll that almost hits, Mab gives me a Mentality Pool of 4, that I can use to secure the hit. In the case of a low roll, Lovers SL gives me one reroll on an ailment attack per battle that I'll use. Finally, Greater Interception 1, so I can still stop an ailment attack if it shows up.

banthesun
2014-12-30, 02:32 AM

Asami's attack squarely hits the shadow, and it slumps down into a dazed state. The Hierophant, seeing another ally fall, turns and attempts to flee, but the leash on it's hand catchs it, holding it back. With it's escape cut off, it charges straight at the group, attacking furiously.

Asami - Marin Karin
Greedy Sniffer takes 11 damage.
Greedy Sniffer is charmed!

Sneaky Shifter - Ninety Nine Needles
Accuracy: 11
Misses Asami!
Misses Tsubaki!
Misses Yumiko!

Initiative:
Greedy Sniffer - 19
Asami Kimura - 17
Sneaky Shifter - 16
Yumiko Yamada - 12
Tsubaki Kuroki - 8

Sneaky Shifter
Damage: 6

Towering Protector
Destroyed

Greedy Sniffer
Charmed (2)

Ionbound
2014-12-30, 12:38 PM
Yumiko nimbly hops out of the way of the dog-elephant-thing and responds to it's attack with a punch aimed to crush, driving her fist into the monster's back. And again, at the moment of impact, the same phantasm appears, driving it's blade down into the shadow in a mighty swing.

Mighty Swing on the Sniffer: [roll0]
[roll1]

banthesun
2014-12-30, 11:28 PM

Yumiko - Mighty Swing
Sneaky Shifter takes 20 damage.

Initiative:
Greedy Sniffer - 19
Asami Kimura - 17
Sneaky Shifter - 16
Yumiko Yamada - 12
Tsubaki Kuroki - 8

Sneaky Shifter
Damage: 26

Towering Protector
Destroyed

Greedy Sniffer
Charmed (2)

Mokou-tan
2014-12-31, 03:35 AM
Tsubaki lets out a bestial roar as she moves from her defeated opponent, her eyes focused on the original target of her ire. She moves towards it at a breakneck pace, her naginata discorpreating and reforming in her hands. With another roar, she takes a great slash at the Shifter.

Mighty Cleave: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

banthesun
2014-12-31, 03:51 AM

Tsubaki slashed at the shadow, but it was too fast, dodging out of the way. It couldn't escape though, as the shadow connected to it's arm turned on it, throwing shards of earth straight through it's chest and severing the cord that connected them.

Tsubaki - Mighty Cleave
Miss

Greedy Sniffer - Tera
Accuracy: 24
Deals 9 damage to Sneaky Shifter
Sneaky Shifter is destroyed!

Initiative:
Greedy Sniffer - 19
Asami Kimura - 17
Sneaky Shifter - 16
Yumiko Yamada - 12
Tsubaki Kuroki - 8

Sneaky Shifter
Destroyed

Towering Protector
Destroyed

Greedy Sniffer
Charmed (1)

Tsubaki
HP: 14/36
SP: 12/17
Sukunda (1)

Asami
HP: 25/25
Sukunda (1)

Yumiko
HP: 30/38
Sukunda (1)

I think at this point I'll just let both teams clean up and move on. Good work on the first encounter!

Kioku
2015-01-02, 11:06 PM
Our first tamed one... may I, Beloved? Please.
Tamamo manifests fully around Asami, shrouding the girl's form. It's very hard to tell whether her eyes are gleaming violet or yellow as she slowly saunters forward. "Come here, my sweet. There's no need to fear, your place is here with me. We align, after all..." she practically purrs to the Shadow. A couple steps away, the pair kneel down and beckon, caressing the Shadow... and then at its most relaxed moment, snapping the neck. They stand and turn around wearing a pleased grin - not feral as one might expect, but simply... very creepy, and out of place for the situation. After a few flicks of their hands to get rid of the residue, Tamamo fades, and Asami nearly falls over, looking dazed like she has no idea what just happened.

Merilan
2015-01-02, 11:13 PM
Myung-hon turns to Soga, and says, "Let's decide it with this next pass. I'll support you."

With an ethereal swirl, Pari Kongju lets out a faint chuckle and acquiesces, channeled energies streaming through Myung-hon's purification rod. The streamers bristle with divine energy, as she states: "Lyeo Myung-hon, eliminating the enemy's movements!"

The shrine maiden's risen to the air, darting after one, then two, of the shadows, catching them in her streamers to hurl them down and anchor them to the ground with a circle of thrown ofuda, binding them to the spot.

"Soga!"

Mokou-tan
2015-01-02, 11:14 PM
With all enemies defeated, Cu Chulainn and Tsubaki's naginata shatter like glass as she falls to the ground, losing her consciousness as whatever had taken hold of her to allow her to draw the earth attack to herself leaves.

Xhosant
2015-01-02, 11:19 PM
darting after one, then two

Pretty sure we're down to one, at this point :smalltongue: Nice pass, though!

His last enemy immobilized by Myung-hon's technique, Soga thought of trying something new. Shifting his state to a decidedly grimmer one, he sent Cel's ribbons forward, creeping along the ground and around the figure. Once it was wrapped thoroughly, the ribbons ignited in dark flames, as did the mummy.

Ionbound
2015-01-03, 12:04 AM
Apparently the only one still sane, Yumiko tilts her head, perturbed, as she watches Asami/Tamamo's display, then rushes to try to catch Tsubaki as she falls, calling out, "Are you okay?"

Kioku
2015-01-03, 12:12 AM
"Tsu... Tsubaki!" Asami waveringly makes her way over to her friend without falling again, and ends up on her knees next to the little hero. "H... hey. You're okay, right? You're always okay! You can get through anything!" It must have been using some new skill she isn't used to yet, or something. "Don't make me carry you... I will, you know!" She looks up at Yumiko, just now remembering her presence. "She just needs to rest a little, you'll see!"

Mokou-tan
2015-01-03, 01:06 AM
Tsubaki grunts a little as she sits up, slowly opening her eyes. "That rock must have hit me pretty hard. I know taking magic attacks isn't my strong suit, but that must have floored me if you're both worried about me." Tsubaki gives a smile as she rises to her feet and brushes herself off. She looks Yumiko over quickly before taking a close look at Asami, checking for injuries. "Huh, you're unhurt. Good job dodging those rocks."

Kioku
2015-01-03, 01:12 AM
She's okay! Asami kisses Tsubaki firmly on the lips, before realizing what she's doing, widening her eyes, and pulling away with a blush. "Sorry. Ahem. Fairly easy to dodge when you pull them away from us." She makes to stand up with a stretch, relieved, embarrassed, and starting to recover a little from the emotional strain and confusion over just what Tamamo did to that last Shadow. Questions for another time, perhaps.

Mokou-tan
2015-01-03, 01:53 AM
Tsubaki chuckles at Asami's words. "That's a good one, but you don't have to defend my pride. Even I know you can't do that."

banthesun
2015-01-03, 10:40 AM
And we have moved! (http://velvetdoor.proboards.com/thread/117/lair-shadow-queen-nest)