PDA

View Full Version : Help for my 10th level sorcerer.

Curunir471
2014-12-17, 10:32 AM
Hello Playgrounders, I am here looking for some help for my sorcerer 9/ ruathar 1. Yeah I know, it's pretty garbage at this point, but that's why I'm here(ruathar was just me wanting some more skill points and a free magic item :smallsmile:. Before I say anything else, most of my group is not optimization heavy, we have an elven paladin of freedom(whose mount is a gryphon), a dwarven cleric, a dwarven fighter(no PrCs, just an asskicker), and a kender rouge/scout with swift ambusher(to stack rouge and scout levels for sneak and skirmish, he's the most optimized in the group).

Some background info on the character/campaign:
Dragonwrought surface kobold (think a variant of kobold that can't be evil, not venerable, my DM is lactose intolerant if you catch my meaning).
Took the non-combative flaw for dragonwrought.
Took dragon wings at 1st for flavor (I'm a baby brass dragon! Kinda...).
Third level took fiery burst (the fire reserve feat) mostly for flavor, I roleplay that it's my "breath weapon".
At sixth I took leadership, which got a bit ridiculous so the DM had me retrain it to something else, greater draconic reservoir (not gouda level, just cheddar)
At ninth I took Celestial familiar and got a coure eladrin named Kate for a familiar (wow is tounges useful).
Maxed out knowlege arcana, spellcraft, diplomacy, bluff...not sure on the rest.
Chaotic Good (part of the dragonwrought thing).

The campaign is the return to the temple of elemental evil. We are about to enter the outer fane of the mines, this is just for those who have played this module before, to let them know what I'm about to run into. It's very dungeon crawly.

I would greatly appreciate your assistance with my small problem, I really don't want to just take more levels of sorcerer. I went for flavor in everything but class choice and now I want some flavor in the form of a prestige class.

So my esteemed compatriots, I beg you, help me out. Thanks in advance. (I apologize for the wall of text in the middle.

Feint's End
2014-12-17, 10:44 AM
and a kender rouge/scout

a kender/rogue scout

a kender

Kender

Get out of there as long as you are still sane!

Now that I got this out of my system have you considered Dracolexi from Races of the Dragon. It's a class focused on using words of draconic power to enhance their powers.

atemu1234
2014-12-17, 10:50 AM
a kender/rogue scout

a kender

Kender

Now that I got this out of my system have you considered Dracolexi from Races of the Dragon. It's a class focused on using words of draconic power to enhance their powers.

Kender aren't so bad once you housebreak them (mostly by breaking their tiny little legs).

Curunir471
2014-12-17, 11:10 AM
a kender/rogue scout

a kender

Kender

Lol, the kender is basically on a leash, he couldn't afford his own ring of invisibility so now he has to stay within fifty feet of us or we take it away. He hates having it taken away, though if he moves he has a 31 AC so I'm not sure why.

Doesn't Dracolexi have feat requirements or lose caster levels or something else? I haven't looked at it recently.

Feint's End
2014-12-17, 11:42 AM
Lol, the kender is basically on a leash, he couldn't afford his own ring of invisibility so now he has to stay within fifty feet of us or we take it away. He hates having it taken away, though if he moves he has a 31 AC so I'm not sure why.

Doesn't Dracolexi have feat requirements or lose caster levels or something else? I haven't looked at it recently.

Hmm true .. It needs still spell or eschew materials and loses one caster level. But if you are not looking for absolute power it's pretty good and maybe one of the prcs worth losing casterlevel for. The feat is the bigger problem I guess. Maybe talk to your dm about granting eschew materials as a bonus feat? It's normal in pathfinder and makes sense fluffwise. Won't make the prc overpowered neither

Curunir471
2014-12-17, 11:47 AM
Hmm true .. It needs still spell or eschew materials and loses one caster level. But if you are not looking for absolute power it's pretty good and maybe one of the prcs worth losing casterlevel for. The feat is the bigger problem I guess. Maybe talk to your dm about granting eschew materials as a bonus feat? It's normal in pathfinder and makes sense fluffwise. Won't make the prc overpowered neither

I asked the DM about eschew materials as a bonus feat, he said no, even when I pointed out that the only class feature of a sorcerer is their familiar, he said that's the bad part about the sorcerer.

ericgrau
2014-12-17, 12:29 PM
Well it's not like the sorcerer needs help. If the wait is too long for your next feat maybe you can ask to retrain an old one. Not like eschew materials is worth much besides being a pre-req. I mean it might be semi-ok if anybody ever actually kept track of the existence of the spell component pouch.

Curunir471
2014-12-17, 12:37 PM
Well it's not like the sorcerer needs help. If the wait is too long for your next feat maybe you can ask to retrain an old one. Not like eschew materials is worth much besides being a pre-req. I mean it might be semi-ok if anybody ever actually kept track of the existence of the spell component pouch.

My DM is not a fan of retraining, unless it has to do with balance as per the OP (and the leadership feat).

The campaign will be over at 14 so I won't have time to get more than 2 levels into any prc that requires a feat. Mostly I'm looking for a prestige class without feats as a prerequisite.